Parrot Mki9200

Parrot Mki9200

See the Best Car Accessories in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Parrot? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.2
Shanae
ShanaeSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst car product ive ever bought

It disconnects whenever it pleases- have to physically go on my phone when i get a call to reconnect it, the little remote went all gross and sticky
Honestly its talked up way too much by dealers. Its a piece of crap!!!!

Purchased in November 2017 at Mitsubishi Dealers.

Faz
FazWollongong

Not a functional device

My car came in with a retrofitted one in it, the dealer was so talking it up too. Anyways, here is the list of problems I have:
It randomly disconnects and back on
Remote is sticky and out of work recently
Disappointing voice recognition
Also, it dismantles the car audio system once it's connected to your phone!

Purchased in March 2018.

Tara
TaraMelbourne

Great addition to Ford Falcon

This allows me to make phone calls using the car stereo (automatically overrides anything else on the stereo), play music from bluetooth, usb or line in. Interface a bit annoying, but I can live with that. Sometimes it'll stall but easily fixed by holding down the 'back' button. I wish the voice recognition would just use siri on an iphone, but that's really a minor concern

Very average product

I've had this for 2 years now and the thing gives me nothing but troubles. right from the start i had a faulty unit, I took it back and got a new one which had exact same problem. I've contacted support and they were useless same with the store i purchased from (this was installed by a qualified professional). There is a problem with the contact to the screen to the cradle it sits in you have to mess about with it for it to work is what the installer and myself worked out as i got him out to have a look. voice quality is horrible everyone always complains they can't hear me.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS UNIT

john
johnByford

POOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND RUDE

Faulty unit made contact on Thursday no response until the following Tuesday very very poor. Blamed auto electrician with out even viewing was installed by a qualified tradesman with 10 years experience. Thanks Josh for nothing but a head ache. Would give zero stars if possible will be going back to where i purchased for a full refund.

Don't buy

Remote fell apart and became sticky. Voice recognition never got the correct name right. Blue tooth would cut out and not go back on unless you turned the phone off and then turned back on and then waited for ages for it to reconnect. One of the worst buys of my life and unfortunately for me I brought two of them and had the same problems with both of them. Thanks Parrot you won't get my money again

Only ok

The problem is the remote. A few months sun exposure and it goes sticky and starts peeling. You have a punch the buttons to register commands. Voice recognition is crap. The screen is not bright enough to read in the daytime. All in all it is safer just dialing straight from my phone than fiddling with this thing to get it to work. Using remote to play ipod music also makes me cringe as it overides the ipod menu. Hate it. Glad I did not pay to have it installed, it was already in our car when we bought it.

Iktoy64
Iktoy64Adelaide

Works for me! Gives my Falcon BA a new twist.

A little on the slow side when connecting but it does work for me. I bought mine forAU$299, still pricey, but hey! It works. So I am happy. Will update this review in a few months.

arti76
arti76Sydney, NSW

It's good and has lots of functions

sarah64
sarah64Brisbane

Painful to use

I have had this product installed and reinstalled twice. Considering it cost $500 for the product it is not value for money, It rarely gets the name correct of the person I want to call and the control pad has fallen apart, piece by piece.

First the knob came off, simply by knocking it with my bag when getting out of the car, then the middle cover and then the outer buttons snapped off after getting caught on clothing, again when getting out of the car. The music sporadically plays via bluetooth. I also think it is dangerous due to not function correct some people could easily be distracted trying to get the thing to work properly. The instruction manual (if you can call it that) is a waste of time.

Dan5195
Dan5195Sydney

Complete rubbish - Buy this only under duress

Mikhail
MikhailAU
  • Selected Review

A perfect hard wired bluetooth solution for your car!

Ken Li
Ken Li

Dude if you selling this unit you could have been more subtle about it.