Phil & Teds Cocoon

Phil & Teds Cocoon

Couldn't live without it

My 8 week old loves this... Makes transfers to pushchair perfect... And she sleeps so soundly in it. Perfect all year round as you can leave it open. When it's hot or zip it up with a blanket when super cold. This is probably suitable until baby is perhaps 16/20 lbs

OK

if you go out and are in need of a secure and snug place for babe to sleep than this is a product you need to have. as it only last babe around 3mths as they get too long we borrowed our friends as thought the cost wasnt worth investing in our own for
We didn't buy this product but have used a friends several time when going out and needing to take a bed for babe. It has a sturdy surrounding material and base that ensures your child is warm and snug when placed within, sits comfortably in phil & ted pram, but after 3mths we foudn our little one had out grown it. handles are padded making carrying around when babys is asleep easy
material had to be wiped down to clean and i found the outer casing a little hard,

Travelling with New born overseas - Just perfect

We had new born twins and needed to travel overseas and this was perfect. Fits into airlines bassinet and was our porta cot for the first five months when visiting friends etc.
The Cocoon made it very easy to carry twins together around the house and have them sleep in the same room i was in.
Both Cocoon's were sturdy and we felt very safe with our babies in them. Handles made it very easy to carry. The front flap folded down when it was warmer.
Difficult to clean, you can't just throw it in the wash

Good

We borrowed this from a friend as it was too expensive to justify buying one for our own. We did use it a lot, in fact baby slept in the cocoon enerynight as he was so unsettled, we had to rock him to sleep and then didnt want to wake him to take him out. we only were able to use it for 3 months before baby became to big for it. It would have been wonderful in winter but we had our baby in summer and it was way too warm to zip it up so we left it open. We needed to put a muslin underneath baby as it was difficult to clean.
warm. good quality. fits in phil and teds pram well. good for rocking baby to sleep in.
expensive compared to other cocoons. Too hot at times. very difficult to clean.

must have!

When bub #2 was born we did ALOT of travelling within the first three months this was brilliant he slept in of a nighttime and during the day. When we would visit friends we would get bub out of the capsule and pop him in the cocoon he loved it as he loved being wrapped. I found it to be abit snug when in the pram and you have the toddler on top. But other then that both my partner and I were happy with the purchase. It may be a pricey for some but it has a great resell value.
snug, safe, well made
bit snug when in pram and toddler or top

Best portable carrier that let's baby sleep flat

A friend came to visit me with one and I wanted one! they are small and easy to carry baby around in. I took it away got a weekend and he slept over night in it much easier than taking a porta cot. Highly recommend for going out and away.
Light, portable and cheap
Looks like a sport bag would be better if it did somehow indicate you had a baby in it!

Good

We have been very happy with this product, we just wish that it was a little bigger so that the bub won't grow out of it so soon!
Very portable, and brilliant for bub to sleep in when we were out - much easier than taking a port a cot.
Excellent when moving bub from room to room without waking her.
Bub seemed very comfortable in it.
As prevously mentioned it is hard to clean and we also put a cloth down to protect it.
Very warm in summer - we have had to leave it unzipped.
Our bub is currently 3mths old and is starting to get too big for it.

Good

This is a very handy product to have with the Phil and Ted's pram. It is very snug and warm inside and becomes a little too hot to use over summer. It is very handy to carry your baby inside after a walk without waking baby up or to use as a portable bed when you go out. It is very light weight which meant I was able to 'swing' baby to sleep inside it easily in my arms.
Easy to carry around. Very snug and warm inside for baby. Fits into the Phil and Teds pram.
Nothing at all.

Good

I found this very handy for a young baby, particularly when travelling. It was nice and comfy for him to rest in whilst he was in his pram and also doubled as a bed when we went travelling. However, I probably wouldn't use it as much during the summer months.
This was fantastic for our winter baby. It kept him warm and snug and easily slipped in and out of the Phil and Ted Pram. It was his bed when we went travelling or camping, until he was old enough to roll out of it (6 months).
The zip up top comes up a bit high under baby's chin. You can fold it down and fasten with toggles, but then it was too low down for our little one.