Philips 50PUT6103/79 (50")

Philips 50PUT6103/79 (50")

4K Ultra HD TVs Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of 4k ultra hd tv would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.3

• Picture Quality
  • Software
  • Sound Quality

auslegalSydney, NSW

thisis a dumb tv not a smart tv should Never have been sold retail in Australia

Purchased in May 2020.

Row555

Row555Perth, WA

Fair performance for a fair price.

Had this TV had cost more money, then yes maybe I would have given a lower rating. but it's priced fairly, it doesn't over promise and under deliver. It delivers expectations in line with it's price tag. Fair enough. Overall picture is good and if you're not a big stickler for the software side this will play also digital channels and free to air just fine.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for A$599.00.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for sharing your experience. We're happy to hear you are satisfied with your TV!

Marie M.

Marie M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great TV

This is my first smart TV that I ever have, I love TV as the modern style, high quality picture, good sound system, solid easy to set up.
Great Apps - got few French channels.
Highly recommended !!

Purchased in May 2020 at ALDI for A$400.00.

4K Ultra HD TVs

Find out how Philips 50PUT6103/79 (50") compares to other 4K Ultra HD TVs

ayer

ayerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Ads on main menu

Phillips has updated their TV software and apparently they think they have a right to ad space on the TV you bought. They have introduced ads onto the main menu of the TV with their updated software.

Purchased in November 2019.

Can not download Apps! Do not waste your money

Waste of money as you can not download your own apps only watch what is installed. Ensure you check what operating system Phillips is using before you purchase, I need to buy a setbox so I can now have access to all my favourite apps. DO NOT BUY PHILLIPS, other TV's out their cheaper and have access to all apps

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for A$595.00.

Veronica G.
Veronica G.

I have already called the number above and was told there is nothing you can do!

HanNatNana

HanNatNana

Great TV...would buy again!

Purchased in May 2019.

Samantha f.

Samantha f.

Bought this as a present

I bought this as a birthday present for my father and he absolutely loves this television. He said he finds it easy to use and the quality of the screen is good.

Purchased in July 2019 at The Good Guys for A$535.50.

No Apps to install like Skype, Yupp TV

Hi
This is Kalki Chaitanya and purchased this TV 50 inches 6100 series on Dec 2018. Very limited apps to browse and unable to install Skype to do video calling to home & Yupp TV app where you can watch regional channels from India. Other TVs like Samsung has these abilities and not much happy until I can install YUPP TV && SKYPE apps in my smart TV. Waste of money if PHILIPS didn’t provide solution to this

Kalki Chaitanya
Kalki Chaitanya

Angela M.

Angela M.asked

What applications are available

auslegal

very few, I had to buy an apple tv to get most to stay on the tv and typing email addresses and website is very slow and hard to use. i would not buy i avhe a sony smart which is actually smart

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for your question here, Angela. The application that we know for sure it's included with this TV is Netflix. However, to know the exact applications available with this TV, we recommend contacting our product specialists with the following numbers: 1300 998 851 from Monday to Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm EST (AU) or 0800 836 761 from Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (NZ). They will be able to assist you properly.

steve

steveasked

50PUT6103/79 (50")

I am trying to watch streaming tv via but cant get it how do you do it??

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Steve. Thanks for your question here. We're sorry to hear you are having some issues streaming on your TV, and can imagine this is quite inconvenient. Therefore, we recommend contacting our local colleagues directly using these numbers here: 1300 998 851 from Monday to Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm EST (AU) or 0800 836 761 from Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (NZ). They'll be happy to help you with this.

PMJ

PMJasked

50PUT6103/79 (50")

I have tried to download Foxtel Go onto this TV. Google Play says it has downloaded but I cannot find it anywhere on the TV. Please help.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Donald, thank you for reaching out. We're sorry to hear you had this experience. We can imagine that this must be quite frustrating. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly: (AU) 1300 363 391 or (NZ) 0800 658 224.
The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives