3Philips Avent Classic+ Newborn Starter Set (PP)

Philips Avent Classic+ Newborn Starter Set (PP)

3Philips Avent Classic+ Newborn Starter Set (PP)
3.1

50% · 66 · 50%

Bottle LeakageYes · No

Nat I
Nat ISydney, NSW2 posts

Baby loved it all

As a mostly breastfed baby, these bottles were my daughter’s favourite. She also used the naturals but for some reason preferred these. I felt the flow was slower in the classic than the naturals for the newborn teat.

Although my daughter never came to take any pacifier, the one in the pack is the only one she would take for a minute or two as a newborn as I think the teat on it is nice and short for smaller mouths.

The brush included in the pack makes any bottle easy to clean, and I have since purchased extra. Quality and longevity is great too.

Received as a gift at my baby shower, and what a great gift it was.

Show details ·  1

Ree
ReePerth, WA24 posts

Terrible

The Avent newborn starter kit bottles are awful my baby couldn't suck on them properly as her mouth is to small as a newborn now she's 2 months old I've tried them again she chokes on them the teat is too long as she sucks it all into her mouth so annoying buying a product that isn't suited to newborns

betty
bettyIllawarra, NSW7 posts
HamH
HamHMelbourne3 posts
Amazonangel
AmazonangelWa3 posts

Printing fading

I am using the 2nd bottle from the set as the 1st one had faded and it is fading too after 3 weeks. Did Get a replacement from the company for the 1st complain. Really disappointed since this is the only brand I have looked at (used by family members) since pregnant. May have to look into other brands now since the quality is bad.

Philips Personal Health   DM

Hello, thank you for your review. We would like to discuss further with you to see how we can help you. Could you please call us at 1300 363 391? Thank you. Kind regards, the Philips Australia team.

Joey
JoeyGreat Southern, WA2 posts

ml measurements worn off

So disappointed!!! I bought the newborn set of four bottles 6 weeks ago, and the measurements/ml have already worn off. I dont even put them in the dishwasher?! I can pretty much throw them away now, as its no good when you cant measure formula accurately. I used Avent bottles with my first baby and never had this problem.

Shirin
ShirinAustralia13 posts

Avent Bottles and Teats

These bottles are difficult to feed baby from as they have no air vent so the pressure builds up inside the bottle meaning the baby has to suck harder and harder. Also the shape of the nipple isn't at all like breast. Very annoyingly you always have to remember to add a seal to the bottle otherwise the contents leak every where. There are much better bottles I discovered - miomee - much easier for baby and the nipple has an air vent which does not create a vacuum inside the bottle. Nipple is like breast so if like me you're supplement feeding this is a much better option.

smartiVic, 303041 posts
  Classic+ Newborn Starter Set

Affordable product for new mums

I bought the starter set which gave me the essentials for bottle feeding. It's a great starter set for those who are unsure if they will bottle or breast feed without spending a fortune.

This handy set will give you just enough bottles when you HAVE decided to bottle feed and test the product for yourself. It convicted me that this was the one for bubs & me... I now have purchased the complete set( steraliser, bott warmer & breast pump & more bottles).
Not too expensive & common product can be bought @ many stores.
When placing the lid with test on the bottle & shaking formula. I found it leaked, I couldn't tell if I had clicked the lid on properly.

Mel54
Mel54NSW, 25676 posts

Love Avent Bottles

I used Avent bottles with my first daughter 5 years ago and i never had any issues with them, she never choked or got air bubbles with these bottles and i have just gone out and bought a whole new set for my little one that is due in August. Will continue to always use Avent
Safe, long lasting
EV79Lawton
EV79LawtonWA, 6018154 posts
  Classic+ Newborn Starter Set

Good newborn starter set to start of with

I have decided to buy Avent products before I delivered my daughter.

This is a really good starter set for a new parent like me.

No need to think too much and come with all the items which mother needs.

You can get a good deal of it when it is on sales and it is a very good present to a new mum.
Reliable
Sometimes can be expensive

DJ74
DJ74Queensland, 40554 posts
Ollie85
Ollie85AU2 posts

Excellent. Would recommend it

Avent is Non-colic, easy air flow, inexpensive, easy to read measurements, available at supermarkets, chemists, and major retail stores. Excellent quality.
BPA free material, ease of use