5Philips Avent Natural Glass

Sedz
SedzSydney, NSW85 posts
  SCF053/17

Love it

I tried few other bottles with no success, feeding time was always a struggle. But the avent natural glass bottles have been a hit, the shape of the teat good & the glass is easy to clean. Also the teats are easily available everywhere. Show details ·  1
Perrycando
PerrycandoSydney Surrounds, NSW6 posts
  Verified SCF673/17

Terrible! A waste of money!

These bottles are shocking! I brought some and recommend to others not to bother as I felt I wasted my money, and as a growing family we can't afford to waste money on rubbish! My daughter went from breastfeeding to bottle and their was more milk coming out then going in her mouth. If it isn't already hard enough making the transition she just screamed every time I used these silly bottles.

UncleRico
UncleRicoSouth East Queensland, QLD31 posts
  SCF051/17

No lingering odors like our plastic bottles!

UncleRico
UncleRicoSouth East Queensland, QLD31 posts
  Verified SCF673/17

No lingering odors like our plastic bottles!

We tried these glass bottles after baby number two was refusing expressed breast milk from our plastic bottles. She was usually a good rest, but was spitting out the milk. Then I got curious and tried some from the plastic bottle, and it was gross! I tried washing the plastic thoroughly, using vinegar, bicarb, etc. to remove any plastic taste in the milk, but after trying the glass the problem was solved! It wasn't a problem for baby number one, but if you might have a sensitive taster yet are worth trying. I did have some leaks early on, but that was my user error, so after practising a bit with water to see where I was going wrong it was all fine! No problems with flow, milk speed, size, or switching between breast and bottle.

Show reply

AngelJ
AngelJAU7 posts

Good at first

I used these when my daughter was first born but once she got used to breastfeeding she started refusing the bottle in comparison to many other bottles I then purchased I realized how much harder the teat was so I stoped using them, we did retry but she didn’t want a bar of it. Some leakages but not a terrible product, just not a preferred one.

Mercedes P
Mercedes P2 posts
  SCF673/17

No leaks. Easy to use. No more colic!

Love these bottles. We were using the Avent classic bottles but my 8 week old started getting colic. I swapped to the natural and no more colic! They have never leaked and are easy to use. Since birth I've been a mixed feeder, breastfeeding all day and giving one to two bottles of formula at night. I don't mind the cost. They seem about the same as other brands.

Show reply

Rosie
RosieQld8 posts

Ok bottles

We found them easy to clean and they didn’t discolour as we have found with previous bottles. However we find them to significantly leak when shaken (gently) and very easily opened when feeding Bub. The lids definitely need more room to screw the lids on. Huge improvement on their other models (with the blue rings inside)

Vanessa M.
Vanessa M.
  Verified SCF671/17

Horrible

Doesn't even deserve one star. I recieved defective bottles. Glass was warped on the rim causing them to leak profusely. When I called their customer service they refused to own up to their mistake and send replacements. I just can't believe they would rather have a terrible review rather than six their problems.

luc
luc

always leaking!!

Avent bottles leak all the time especially during mixing! Also when I transport them filled with water..they leak everywhere. Really disappointed with this product as I changed to them after using another brand because I heard good things. Most definitely wont be recommending them to any of my pregnant friends.

Samantha
SamanthaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

Newborn 0+ teats are too fast for a newborn

I have used avent classic in the past with no problems. So with my 2nd child I didn't hesitate to buy the avent natural bottles for my newborn. The newborn teat 0+ is just way too fast. My daughter would keep coughing, bring up milk and have excess wind. I am really disappointed in this product. This is how babies develop colic. And it says anti-colic on the box. I know it's the bottle that is the cause because we used bottles from the hospital and she had no problem like the ones mentioned above. We have switched to dr browns bottles. It's just a shame as we spent so much money purchasing avent bottles that we can't even use now. Avent need to reconsider making the hole smaller for their newborn teats.

Mum