Philips AZ1852/79

Philips AZ1852/79

MPN: AZ1852

Keith Humm

Keith HummAU

Just bad in all respects.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

brooksy61Clermont Qld

Tape to USB

My AZ1852 does not allow me to use the tape option even though the option is there. When I put it onto tape option it is actually radio, even though radio option works also. Very disappointed as I have some old tapes I want to convert to USB. Any suggestions to fix this?

Date PurchasedJun 2013
brooksy61

Thanks for that. There is one problem with that, I have misplaced the remote. Can I get a replacement remote?

Chris

ChrisGold Coast

USB from Tape recording

This does work, however, you may need to press the USB REC button a few times to make it happen. Also you have to physically 'STOP' the recording at its end (do not allow the tape to auto stop) or it won't be saved. See how you go. I aslo found the speakers to be underpowered - already had to replace both.

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Philips S.Philips

Hi Chris, we’re sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve experienced. Please call us on 1300 363 391 or contact us via Facebook or Twitter if you ever want to discuss this further.

The Philips Australia Team

Not as bad as some reviews make it.

Philips S.Philips

Tape to USB not working - Guy at Dick Smith store followed the manual and did not get it working eit

I purchased the Philips CD Sound Machine - AZ1852 at Dick Smith and found that the Tape to USB did not work unlike the CD to USB. I took it back to the store and the guy followed the manual and confirmed that it did not work. Then we opened another one and tried it again and found that it did not work either. I am now reading through this site that this functionality works with the remote. This is very frustrating... why is the manual incorrect?? Even the guys at the stores couldn't work it out.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Tully. We understand the confusion. Have you tried to contact our product experts? You can contact them at 1300 363 391, option 5 (for Australia) or at 0800 658 224, option 5 (for New Zealand)

Tully
Tully

Hi, I went back to dick smith again and got them to try the steps outlined in one your previous responses (using the remote) and can confirm that it works with the remote but not using the 'usb record' button on the front panel.

Philips S.Philips

Hey Tully, thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad to hear your issues were solved. If you have any other questions, we advise you to contact the above mentioned phone numbers.

This is a crap box

I waste my time thinking that it is recording and it doesn't work this is crap and i'm taking it back, i cannot believe Phiilips has made a crap box. I'm so annoyed because i don't have the money to spend on equipment like this and because it is usually a good brand and they make this stupid machine all i wanted to do was record my grandmothers stories we found after she died about her life then i got excited that when i saw this machine at Dick Smith, i straight away bought it thinking it looks easy to use damn i am so angry this is the most crappiest machine i have every used also you cant see the tape while running so you don't know when the damn thing is finishing.

Philips S.Philips

Tape to usb - very unsatisfactory

It is not possible to rip from cassette to using using the controls on the AZ1852. From reading some of the other posts apparently this should be done using the remote (not that the manual actually says this) but the remote I have does not work (tried replacing the battery 3 times). I am very disappointed and will probably bin the system as the only reason i bought it was to convert tapes.

Philips S.Philips

Hello Julianne, sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve experienced. We just sent you a private message.

Same problem with audio cassette to USB solved now

I also was about to pack up my AZ1852 and return it to the store but luckily found this site and solved the problem. Recording beautifully now by using the remote! The enclosed instructions are misleading. Anyway, thanks all!

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, this sounds great! And so does your audio cassette now. Glad to hear this.

Mike99

Mike99Brisbane

Generally good. Unexpected problem with cassette to USB ripping.

Les de Be

Les de BeSydney, NSW

Won't Record Cassette Tapes to USB

Only bought this unit to transfer cassette tapes to USB but wouldn't do so, although it was indicating "Ripping" as per instructions. I could transfer CD to USB but this wasn't the reason I bought it. Took unit back to retailer, and he tried to transfer cassette tape to USB using his USB stick but still would not record. I was given a replacement unit, and when I got it home I had the same problem - it wouldn't transfer cassette to USB.

I checked retailer's reviews on this unit with 2 negatives and 2 positives, though in saying that both negatives related to not being able to transfer to cassette to USB, even one person obtaining a replacement unit as I did.

It did not record cassette tape to USB as stated.

Pam
Pam
Warwick
Warwick

Andy

Andyasked

I recorded a track from audio cassette to usb flash drive. When I play the track from the usb drive, the sound is barely audible. Is it a technical fault in the sound machine or do I have to change any setting during recording?

Philips S.Philips

Hello Andy, thank you for your message regarding this. We would certainly like to advise to get in touch with our colleagues of our audio team. Please know that you can explore the options to contact them on this page: https://bit.ly/2AhKska.

They'll be glad to see what they can do for you. :)

john r

john rasked

I have a cd sound machine az1852/79 purchased a couple years ago its been playing fine up till now problem is when I went to play a cd I found that the part that holds the cd on the turn table which has three springs and ball bearings one of the springs & ball has broken out can this part be replaced as I cannot play my cd,s? yours john roberts

Hi there, John.

Thanks for asking your question here. We're sorry to hear your CD sound machine is playing up. To assist you the best way possible, we ask you kindly to contact our team on 02-89167420. Talk to you soon!

Rat R

Rat Rasked

I purchased this combined unit Model AZ1852/79 approx. 3 years ago when Dick Smiths were closing down in Bunbury WA then I stored it away and then forgot I had it, Then a few months ago I came across the unit so I set it up for use. Every thing works but It doesn't have much volume. Question - Is this a common problem or is there a place I could get it checked out in WA. It does have good volume from extension speakers though.
Ray Ryan

Philips S.Philips

Hi Ray, thanks for reaching out and for your question! We can imagine you'd like this checked out, so we'd like to recommend you to get in touch with our product specialists via 1300 850 633 (AU) or 0800 639 953 (NZ). We hope you'll have the answer to your question soon. :-)

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryPortable Speakers