Philips HR7776/93

Philips HR7776/93

MPNs: 35905432 and HR7776/93

Does every job with foods

I can’t even imagine my life without it. From makin* salad, cake, dough, soup, juice and smoothies, nut butter and sauces,.... do I say enough.
It is light for moving from pantry to benchtop.
Another positive point is that I can order it’s small part online, even just tiny lid of blender.
Perfect.

Purchased in April 2015 at The Good Guys for $220.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Several times a week
Used for: Dips & Condiments, Dough, Ground Meat, Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups
Hi Elly, We're delighted to hear that you're enjoying the food processor! It's great to see that you've been using it for such a diverse selection of recipes, and we hope you can continue using it for years to come! Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Overall great blender/processor that is well priced

Great Blender + Processor that gets the job done, is well priced, and is extremely easy to clean. I wish it had a storage box for all the parts though (convenient and safe). Would have also been nice Phillips to integrate a dry grinder in their next model.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for $190.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Several times a week
Used for: Dips & Condiments and Soups

Great for my needs.

Very easy to use. Cleaning is also easy. Only frustration is the spindle that comes away when lifting bowl clear of base. Other than that found to for fill all my needs. Very happy with the way it blends & cuts through all the receipts. I use on a regular basis. Sits neatly on counter top.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi there, Annajon. Thanks for taking your time to write this review and we're glad to hear the product suits all your needs. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Broken twice in three years

I purchased HR7776/93 food processor in Jun 15 to take it back to the service center in 2017 due to motor losing power. I was told this was a common issue with these food processors and the power board was replaced under warranty. Last month I was making a smoothie & the jug fell off leaving the blades attached to the motor & liquids all over the motor. As others have mentioned out went a whole of smoothie and wasted but am ridiculed that Philips have noted problems with this model & have ignored their duty of care & responsibility to have it recalled before some one is harmed or electrocuted.

Now this has stopped working obviously with all that liquid going into it and I called the service center and they want 27 dollars to analyse what the issue as it is outside of the warranty.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Hello Vik, Thanks for sharing your experience with the HR7776/93. It's regrettable to hear that you've been having some trouble with your food processor over the time that you've been using it. We can see that the mess that was made due to the latest occurrence is concerning you a bit. We've just replied to your latest private message. We'd like to look into the service history a little deeper to see if there's still anything we can do for you regarding this. Hope to hear from you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Sadly the bowl collapsed, after just two years

I have had the food processor for just a couple of years now, during which I have used it moderately (once or twice a week for preparing salads or similar). I wanted to grate some carrots for a salad today and found that the bowl attachment was no longer working. It seems that the bit that spins the grater has detached itself (and is spinning within itself) - and now having read others' reviews - this seems to be a common problem. I am highly disappointed with this outcome, given that the machine has worked well until now - and has died so unspectacularly, without doing anything to it/or using it in any way other than prescribed.
I have tried to contact the 1300 number 4 times now.. and each time after a prolonged wait, the line just breaks and the call cancels out - so haven't been able to speak with anyone about it - which is adding to the frustration.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Hi there, Igor. We just sent you a Private Message regarding this issue. Please take a look at our response, we'll be awaiting your reply. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

No Viva No pizza :)

I am so happy with my food processor. I mainly use it for kneading dough, either for pizza, bread or cookies. It kneads the dough well and keeps my bench clean. Capacity is a good size, although I will make 2 separate half kilo doughs rather than 1 kg at a time as a precaution, and has good power.

I would love to have a second smaller processor bowl for smaller items. I had this with my previous food processor and I used it all the time.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi, Julz. Thank you for your kind words on the Premium Food processor. It's great to hear you have been so happy with it. We hope you will enjoy many more homemade pizzas and delicious cookies! Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamThank-you Philips Australia Team

It died in a pretty spectacular way

I had this processor / blender for about two years and found it to be excellent. My only complaint was that I could make little sense of the instruction manual so a lot of things, I never figured out how to do with it. But I used it for smoothies, dips and fine chopping of veges. However I found that the shared base between the blender and the grinder became looser over time. Last week I saw it leaking while it was blending, grabbed the jug off, and the whole base fell out and the smoothie poured through the machine (and over the floor, up the walls and all over the bench top and cabinets). Rip sweet little machine. Decided not to buy same machine again for this reason only.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Hi there, thanks for your review. However, we are sorry to hear that the shared base became looser and at the end fell out. Of course, that is not supposed to happen. Please feel free to contact us about this! Our phone number in Australia is 1300 363 391 and you may reach us, if you are based in New Zealand, on 0800 658 224. We'd love to help you regarding this issue. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

The product is perfect for me

I am very happy with the product as it is very useful and handy for me . The performance is very good. All the attachments work very well and very easy to use it. I use it for making dough mainly and it makes the dough very well for me.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
That is absolutely excellent to hear, Bhatia. Thank you so much for sharing. Enjoy all the delicious things you are going to make with it. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

A kitchen essential!

This food processor performs great. I use it extensively for vegetables and it holds a substantial amount before I need to empty the holder. All the attachments work well and and are easy to use. The machine is easy to set up for use and easy to clean. It doesn't move around on the bench.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Thanks for your positive feedback, Lysh. Have a nice day! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Product parts not long lived but thank goodness for excellent customer service

I purchased this food processor for its large bowl for my family of 5 and have now had it 2.5 years. After 12 months, the slicing disc/blade's spindle locator was chewed out from the disc tilting when the food is being pushed into the processor. I contacted Philips who said I needed to purchase a new slicing disc, but for the $35-$50, I didn't think it was worth it, and just soldiered on. Fast forward another 1.5 years (now had the unit for 2.5 years), the bowl split vertically down along the handle and the lid's spindle locator cracks, too. I found the paperwork and was surprised to find that I actually had a 2 year standard warranty on the unit. I rang Philips again and the lovely rep offered to replace all the faulty parts - slicing disc, jug and lid. I was disappointed with the food processor parts' lack of longevity, but so pleased that Philips replaced the broken parts. When it's all working, I'm happy with the unit. I mainly use the slicing disc, both sides of the grater and the cutting blade, probably around twice a week. I slice cabbage, grate carrots, daikon, zucchini; make nut meals, bliss balls, almond flour and raw desserts. I haven't used the blender jug as I already have a high speed blender which does a much better job. I just wish that the Philips rep knew his stuff better when I contacted him the first time, but in the end, the other rep put it right.

Date PurchasedJul 2014
Hi Carobu, Thank you for your message! First of all, we're sorry that we weren't able to help you out in the first place but we're happy to see that everything is solve by now. You know where to find us if you have any other questions about one of our products. We'll be happy to help. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

It's kinds small... Perfect for 1

I had the bigger model that finally broke after a few years and decided to purchase another Phillips food processor. Saw this at Big W totally looks like the other model but newer but it's way smaller. The mouth where you're suppose to push through the potatoes to make fries is so small, it might fit a carrot.

Hi there Tina, thank you for reviewing our product! Pity to read you’re not completely satisfied with the new features of the food processor. The attachment that makes the fries likes small pieces of potatoes a little more than the big ones. We therefore slightly decreased the size of the mouth, so your device and its attachments will last longer. Hope you still enjoy the food processor, and especially the fries :). kind regards, The Philips Australia team.

Very poor

30/5/14 I purchased HR7776/93 food processor & had to take it back to store of purchase 13/11/14 due to motor losing power. I like Phillips & was advised it was probably just that device so we exchanged it for another HR7776/93. Today only a few months later I was making a water melon, sliced ginger, sliced turmeric & kale smoothie (nothing solid!!) & the jug fell off leaving the blades attached to the motor & juice in the motor. I really don't care about the mess it made but am upset that you have noted problems with this model & have ignored your duty of care & responsibility to have it recalled before some one is harmed or electrocuted. I thought Phillips was a name we could trust.

Hello, that doesn't sound good. We understand your concern and take this very seriously. Can you send us an email on philips.product.review@philips.com about this matter? Please include your full name, address, telephone number, email address and your country of residence. We will forward all this information to our local colleagues. They would like to contact you personally about this issue. We would like to hear from you.I have already expressed my concerns to the correct authorities that govern these matters. I had contacted them before even noticing the last review that was almost identical to mine. It is in their hands now & their professional opinion of whether this product is safe or not. I do not wish to be handed any "freebies" nor do I want to be dismissed by being told I can "purchase" parts. My review was based on concern for safety, as I stated "the jug separated from the blades, liquid flooded over & in the motor & the blades stayed attached to the motor" what you do with that information is up to you.Dear Jo, We take any reported quality or safety issue very seriously. As requested above, can you please provide your contact details? For a thorough investigation to understand what has occurred and why, we will need to recover the product.

Awful.

We had purchased an HR7774 and had to return it as the gears had worn down in the base so that neither the food processor nor the blender spun. We swapped it for the newer HR7776 via our retailer. Several months later, the blender attachment has cracked at the base of the jug so that the blades fall out. I discovered this when a smoothie I was making started to leak from the jug onto the base, and then when I released the jug the entire blade component came out and smoothie went all over the kitchen. We are less than impressed, having had two Philips food processors fail on us.

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve experienced, Chris. If you could contact us on philips.product.review@philips.com we’d like to get in touch and see if we can help you.I sent an email to Philips and now they are asking me to call them to purchase spare parts. Chris M

Sturdy and Excellent

Used so far to make hummus and dough, and the processor performed splendidly on both accounts. I was concerned about the dough, but it managed without issue. The suction feet held it in place while mixing the dough.

The unit is fairly light, and comes with useful attachments (though it would have been nice to have an included storage system for them.)

Cleaning is not overly difficult, which was one of my pre-purchase concerns. There are a few nooks and crannies where food can get stuck (the inside of the dough hook attachment is one place that food was hard to clean out of, for example) but overall it's a simple cleanup.

Would definitely recommend this unit to anyone looking for a large, high-powered food processor.

Hi Modok, Thank you for your valuable comments. We're happy to hear that our Philips Avance Food Processor is serving you well. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team

Is the dough hook able to make a crumble for pastries for example crumbing of flour and shortening?
Hi there, thank you very much for being so interested. The dough hook is good for kneading yeast dough, pizza and pasta dough, rolls and buns. It's not particularly designed to make a crumble for pastries. Unfortunately so! Hopefully, the future will bring the HR7776 a tool like that. Regards, The Philips Australia Team

Hi i have just purchased HR7776 and was wondering if it is possible to purchase and use extra parts for cutting on this model which come included with other models. For example can the disc for cutting thin and thick strips, included with HR7778 model be purchased separately and used in the HR7776 model?

Can i ask a question, my husband and i own one of these and we are very happy, but we have a debate on something about the performance of the machine and its longevity , so here's the question.. We make our own dog food, so we use carrots. is the machine going to be stressed out more if you grate carrots or slice them? My husband say if i grate carrots it will wear the machine out quicker and slicing them will make the machine last longer?.
Good question! There are only winners in this debate, as both discs can be used to process carrot. So if you're either using the reversible shredding disc or the adjustable slicing disc, the machine shouldn't be stressed out. :-) If you need more assistance, you can reach out to us on 1300 363 391 if you're in Australia or 0800 658 224 if you're in New Zealand. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamThank you , as I thought this would be the answer , I love the machine it grates the carrot with ease and I can do a 5 kg bag of carrots

HR7776/93