Piksters Interdental Brushes

Piksters Interdental Brushes

See the Best Toothbrushes in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Piksters Interdental Brushes? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Poor products

Poor. I was keen to have bamboo products but having tried several products in this range I will not buy again. Wire twists within seconds making it impossible to angle it correctly. Very frustrating to use and poor value.

Purchased in at New Zealand for $15.99.

Lizzy A.
Lizzy A.Sydney, NSW

Brush head very soon always broke off in teeth

At first they’re very satisfying however within a few teeth’s use brush head always breaks off and gets dangerously wedged in teeth!such a shame they’re so flimsy Be very Careful not to breathe it in whilst removing

Purchased in .

anonVictoria

swallowed nearly half not sure

these are awful they are weak they have cleaned my last upper molars but this time i nearly swallowed it they are unsafe, cheap and wont be using it again i have informed my dentist who recommended it. brush nearly swallowed broke in my mouth.

Dawn
DawnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Change in product

I recently ran out of the “old “ dental floss sticks, these new ones are inferior in quality size and strength, they don’t do the job of the older version they are not “stronger & stiffer” and I won’t be buying them again after being a loyal customer for many many years as they were suggested by my dentist. I can’t see the dentists continuing to recommend these new dental floss stocks

TolemacFar North Queensland, QLD

Poor quality product.

Purchased in for $7.

Karen S.

Do not use. It is a faulty product.

I used this product for the first time 6 months ago thinking it might be a great alternative to regular floss. During my first use the wire head fell apart in between to molars and unbeknown to me I had a piece of wire lodged in my gum. After 4 visits to the dentist and 6 months later the wire finally dislodge on its own and fell out.
I was in a lot of pain for months and after a follow up inspection by a different dentist no permanent damage was detected.
I was lucky but other may not be.

Poor product

I tried these on the advice of my dentist. The result? I now have a very painful infected abscess on my gum requiring expensive dental intervention and I am having to take two strong types of antibiotics. When I mentioned this to another woman she said that she had the same condition after also using Piksters and showed me the abscess in her mouth! She is now quite unwell because of her infected gum. You maybe could argue against one person having this result, but two?

Purchased at Online for $19.99.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Manwithinternet
ManwithinternetMelbourne

Over priced and underwhelming quality

Have used several iterations of these picks and have seen the quality deteriorate over the years. The brushes break off too easily as they keep changing the materials used to make the product. I've since used flossing picks which are a lot cheaper and last much longer!

Carolina
CarolinaIllawarra, NSW

Brush broke and stuck in back molar!!!

I bought these about 1wk ago and to my dispear the brush broke and it now wedged I between my molars. I have to get it out by a dentist as I'm unable to even feel it. I'll be going back to chemist warehouse for a refund and will hit up pikster if I am out of pocket! This should not be on the market if its a potential hazard. Very disappointed to say the least

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $7.

idashan
idashanVictoria

Using it for almost 2 years now

Purchased in at Amcal.

jord
jordHunter Region, NSW

O.K

Been using piksters for years after having braces and recommend by my dentist. They clean between teeth good, I use a few times and wash just to save money because they can get expensive if using once and throwing.
I would say be careful when choosing the right size, don’t jam anything! I have had some bleeding when the end stabs me, it can be sharp so take care.

gael
gaelSydney

Used to be good, now just RUBBISH!

CR
CR

Wire tip pierced gum in back teeth.

I also had trouble with these. I now only use them for my front teeth. When I bent it to do the back teeth I ended up piercing my gum which led to an infection. It took at least a month before it had fully healed and I could even brush this area without pain. I did try the back teeth again after this but very shortly realized that it was not worth the trouble and potential injury. After reading the reviews I checked my Piksters and saw that yes, wire does protrude at the tip.

rpc
rpcJerusalem

Defective brushes

The metal wire within the brushes protrudes from the end and causes pricking and bleeding from the gums. This is a product which I have used for a number of years, but this is the first time that this has happened.

John
JohnBlakehurst

Not as good as they used to be

These used to be great but now for some reason they say new and improved on the top right hand corner but this is far from the truth. They are rubbish now the end tip is wire with no covering they never were sharp but now are. They used to last up to a week but now only last one day very disappointed at the quality now compared to what they used to be. Surely they couldn't of thought no one would notice wont be buying them anymore.

Gerard S.
Gerard S.asked

Same here - swallowed the wire and bristle head. Lost all confidence in Piksters now. Still alive but worried after 4 days…drs say watch and wait. Stronger wire needed.
Too dangerous to recommend and my dentist needs to know!

Jennie
Jennieasked

I've recently started using piksters which I found easier to use than floss. Last week though I developed a painful and swollen gum near one of my teeth. The swelling is warm to the touch and visible from the outside of my face . Has anyone experienced anything like this before as a result of using piksters? It may only be coincidental and getting it checked out by my dentist tomorrow. Thanks!

anon

i think the dental association needs to be contacted which i will do

Davidasked

Yes, I too have used for a few years with the occasional break, but have now just swallowed the metal tip.
If it doesn't reappear in the loo I will have to go to the doctor.

anon

how did you go im afraid i may of done the same not sure i did managed to take something out.

David

No problem. Apart from worrying about it, but absolutely no sign of it ever again, so I assume it has passed on.

Extra Information