2.8

Job Satisfaction
3.0
Rates and Fees
2.8
Brand Manager for Platinum Electricians? Claim your listing.

Susan
SusanCanberra29 posts

Avoid this company!

The Managing Director of Platinum Electricians Belconnen, Canberra, has just left our house after providing a quote for electrical work. Unfortunately, he also left a great deal of literal dog excrement tracked all over our new lounge-room carpet.
I'm updating my review to state that the carpet needs to be professionally cleaned at considerable expense, not to mention the time and effort involved in moving furniture, books etc.
Leigh
LeighCanberra 2600, ACT2 posts

Wrong address and slow to respond initially

I had to ring twice to speak to someone who could schedule the job. It was logged for 9.00 am. When noone had arrived by 10.00 am, I rang and the person on the phone seemed confused until she realised that the job had been logged in for a suburb in Perth, not Canberra. I would then have to wait until after Xmas to get the local franchisee to to the job, and it is mid November. Not happy.
Andrew Butler
Andrew Butler

Highway robbery

Called to have the light fitting replaced as following a fluro tube and starter replacement still wasnt coming back on. They came out and jiggled the tube and then left - then noted the fitting should be replaced because it’s old without consultation. 5mins on site and charged for 2 hours. Ridiculous.
Tori
ToriSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Great work but-

Rude first impression from one of the two guys. First he lied about calling my housemate before they came when they hadn't of, then proceed to switch our hot water off (they only came to fix our kitchen light) (we had cold water from both taps for a day after they left, all confused) Seems like it was their way to get more money. Very cheeky in my opinion, I'm glad we checked our power box first, there was no other way it could've been switched off as they were the last ones to open it.
Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees
Gillian N
Gillian NSydney7 posts
Kevin H.
Kevin H.3 posts

Not recommended

Booked 3 weeks ahead for two days work. No staff arrived for second days work, nil notice given either. Overcharged final invoice, and quality of work done outside Australian Standards minimums. Not recommended.
Matt D.
Matt D.Weston 2611, ACT

Polite, professional and efficient

I used these guys for a range of jobs in my home. They did a great job and were on time, polite, friendly and patiently walked throught all the tasks.
Anon
AnonSydney, NSW7 posts

Used these guys twice now

Used these guys twice now found them to be professional reasonably priced and offer good service. Turn up when they say and are clean and tidy. Much better than the last electrician I used.