Priceline.com

Priceline.com

See the Best Comparison-Only Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

BEWARE: Massive Scam

Booked a hotel room at an advertised price which then came out with a receipt for the same price. I was charged a significant extra amount on my Credit Card. When contacted, Priceline redirected me to Agoda who then sent me back to Priceline.
There was no acknowledgement of the blatant 'surprise' additional costs that popped up on my Credit Card.

False advertising and disgusting customer service that made no blatant attempt to rectify the situation.

Price Accuracy
Trip Completed No
Booking Type Accomodation

Misleading ticket prices, unhelpful customer service

Booked a flight and the ticket price was shown in AUD, but I ended up getting charged USD (1.4x more than indicated!).
Called customer service but all they did was put me on hold and after 20min transferred me to the AirAsia customer service, which still didn't resolve my problem

Price Accuracy
Trip Completed No
Booking Type Flights

Biggest scam under the sun be "Warned"

Booked a hotel and flight payed in full, clearly said no money owing at hotel on invoice,got to hotel had to pay additional $880 , rang priceline they didn't want to help ,they transferred me to bookings.com they didn't want to help,so I was stuck with a big bill and no one's problem but my own,be warned it's a scam ,

Booking Type Accomodation and Flights

Misleading stay clear!

Misleading and possibly deceitful!
After entering that we wanted a motel room for 2 adults and 2 children we were shown a list of options with prices (promoted as "recommended for family's"). The prices were a little cheaper than other booking sites, so we booked a room. Only after we made a booking, providing payment method (non refundable) and received confirmation that the booking and payment were shown to be for 2 adults only! We were required to pay extra at time of payment, meaning it is more expensive than other booking sites. First and last time, stay clear of priceline.com

Unethical and dishonest Company

I purchased a Business Class ticket on 4/16/18 from Priceline under an offer-heading called “EXPRESS DEAL". This offer came with a minimal amount of flight information and many false promises about getting the lowest possible price. All in order to make the price look artificially attractive. This is a fairly common scam known as BAIT & SWITCH.

Priceline did not reveal the flight time, the layover times, or the arrival time at my final destination. And for good reason. The layover time in Munich Germany alone was a minimum of 17 hours. Who knows what the maximum would have been?

None of that critical info could be seen until you have entered your personal data and credit card #. And even then, Priceline does not ask you to confirm the flight because that would mean revealing the flight information.

Priceline immediately charged my AMEX and then told me the ticket was non-refundable and non-changeable. I contacted customer service 2 minutes later to cancel the flight and after wasting 2 hours they not only refused to assist me but were quite rude. They also refused to give me credit toward another flight even if booked on Priceline.

I trusted Priceline. That was a mistake I will never make again. This is in fact an unethical and dishonest company.

For informational purposes, including flight purchase documentation, I have attached my correspondence with Priceline to this email. I trust this will facilitate a swift resolution to the problem.

I want a complete refund of my ticket price ($2,996.99) and I am disputing this bogus charge.

Pricing does NOT show currency type next to $ amounts

Scam website as they are the only company online to NOT show what currency the amounts are in next to those amounts. I searched on Google AU and then go to a site with all AU content but then find AFTER the purchase that it's all in US $ and NOT AU $. So there comparison price on Google that made them the cheapest was based on US $ and a complete scam as this is AUSTRALIA!!!!

Watch out as this is a ploy used by deceptive online companies to scam trusting customers.

Ok kool, within 24 hrs of this review they have updated their site to reflect currency being used. Obviously they realised their error and did the right thing.