Purina One Cat
See the Best Cat Foods in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Purina

Pros

• Nutritionally balanced for everyday use

• Targets specific ailments & lifestyles

• High level of protein

• Tasty for fussy cats

Cons

• Premium price

• Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten (1) and Adult (2)
  • Side Effects Yes (0) · No (3)
  • Smell

David S.
David S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

My cat loves it!

Of all the brands I have tried this is the one brand that my cat scoffs down. It is a bit pricier than some of the other brands and there is only the one flavour of the indoor variety so I mix it up a bit with other brands.

Purchased in May 2021 at Woolworths.

PetCare Advice Team A.Purina

Hi David, thank you for your review, we are so glad to hear your cat loves Purina ONE Indoor, we will be sure to pass this on to the Purina ONE Team.

Dianne
DianneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

By far the best product so far.

To be honest this was not the first product I tried on my rag dolls. I figured I’d start at the top price wise and slowly worked my way down so I have tried some super expensive brands but the fur balls were always a problem. After starting on purina one they just stopped and I even tried a little experiment to try to incorporate a little of the left over expensive brands so I didn’t just flat out waste my money but the results were not great and now it’s just straight Purina One for my guys. So happy and so are my babies. I really don’t mind that it’s a supermarket brand the results speak for themselves. Thank you Purina One.

Purchased in February 2021 for $30.00.

PetCare Advice Team A.Purina

Hi Dianne, Thank you for your review of PURINA ONE Hairball, we are so pleased your cats love our product, and we will be sure to pass your feedback onto the team.

Ella
EllaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ziggy Loves It!

We were recommended the very expensive cat food for urinary issues in our cat. I decided to try this one from the supermarket first.
Ziggy the black fluffy cat hasn't had any urinary problems since starting this food over a year ago. She gets a quarter of a cup twice a day. Very happy kitty. Mum not so happy it's around $15 a bag, but that's better than other non supermarket brands by far.

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths for $15.00.

PetCare Advice Team A.Purina

Thank you Ella for your feedback, happy to hear Ziggy loves the food, will pass on your feedback to the Purina ONE Team about the price.
Kind regards
The Purina Team

Jon
JonThe Mallee, VIC

Works Great

Worked really well with my 7yr old cat, she had really bad urinary track infection, after a few of putting my picky cat on this her infection was gone. Very happy cat

PetCare Advice Team A.Purina

Hi Jonathan, thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear your cat is doing well on our food.

Aysha
AyshaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cat enjoys it

My cat has a sensitive stomach and I have been feeding him the hairball dry biscuits for 6yrs now. This product seems to agree with him the most, he enjoys it and has no complaints.

PetCare Advice Team A.Purina

Hi Aysha, thank you for your feedback, we are very glad to hear your cat loves our food.

Nina
NinaSydney, NSW

Terrible

I found mould in my bag and my dog was and is still stick after two weeks. What’s even worse is that this company didn’t care that my dog could has potentially died. They also didn’t care that he is a therapy dog and that I’m also ill. They mocked my mental health ... absolutely disgusting

Purchased in September 2020 at Petbarn for $107.00.

SJ.
SJ.KS

This is the Best Cat Food for My Cat!

By far of all the brands that I have purchased for my cat this one has been the absolute best! I have a medium-small sized indoor cat who has a sensitive immune system and she has been able to tolerate this food very well. In fact she always wants to eat nowadays:) Must be extra good!

Purchased in May 2019.

Mrs K
Mrs KSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cat love it

My cat love this product very much. At first my cat eat only Chiken flavor,but after tried fish taste ,she love it so much!
Also other Neigbour ‘s cat often want to eat that food and come to our house for steal cats food!! Cat love this product .

Purchased in February 2019 for $12.00.

Jean
JeanNew South Wales

He loves it!

My cat loves Purina's dry cat food. I normally buy some of the cheaper stuff from the supermarket. However, PetBarn were having a big sale over Christmas so I decided to buy some of the more high quality stuff for him.

He seems to really enjoy the kibble, it's smaller in size and he finishes it so quickly now! I just wish it wouldn't be so expensive.

Purchased in December 2018 at Petbarn Physical store.

KnKIpswich

The only dry food my cats will eat.

I have 3 cats...a mother(3yo) and son(2yo) and an older male(7yo) we adopted. I'm trying to wean my cats onto more dry food and less wet food. The 2 younger cats are protesting it a little but I don't give in! The good thing is that they really do like this dry food. I find by the end of the day, most of their dry food has gone and they are content. The older cat loves it too but he's being regulated with another diet...that's another story

KnK

I'd also like to add that the kibble is a good large size so the cats HAVE to bite into it...which helps their teeth.

Samantha N
Samantha NAU

My cat loves this poroduct

Actually helps my boy with less furballs his coughing up he absolutely loves the stuff mixed with some wet food

Kitty hated it

We signed up for Purina One 21 day challenge and received a sample pack. The kibble comes in a tri-star shape and in a small enough size. The top ingredients are chicken in the form of poultry meal and chicken and wholegrain wheat and corn protein. The latter two ingredients are not that great. But the smell! It is disgusting. My cat who loves to eat avoids it. It smells distinctively like vegemite/yeast extract! However it is not stated anywhere that it contains yeast extract. I also suspect that it is high in salt content. I am also suspicious how Purina only had good reviews on its website. It all seemed rather dodgy... Purina failed even on Day 1.

Find out how Purina One Cat compares to other Cat Foods

This was a sample, my cat loved it.

Received free sample. Opened it to see if my big fur baby would like it. He can be a little fussy in his old age. He loved it.

My Cats Got Their Groove On!

My cats were getting fussier with food..Unless it was roast chicken tid-bits or expensive mince meat they weren't interested..They begrudgingly.ate the dry biscuits after they saw no choices. But I tried Purina One and noticed big difference..Ate heartily..Were content and having new bouts of cuddly affection..I'm saying Happy Cats..Purina One dry food you've Won us over..

nztinatu
nztinatuEsperance

My cats love this brand of biscuit and every other flavor it comes in.

I have two cats. One of them has extreme fur balls and coughs a lot. I did try this product and while both cats loved the biscuits it had no effect on my cats fur ball problem. However this may not be the case for other cats. My friend said it has produced amazing results for her cat. And she was extremely happy.
My cats love the taste.
Didn't notice results on my cat.

Viv
Vivasked
One Cat

is Purina brand owned by Nestle

PetCare Advice Team A.Purina

Hi Viv, thank you for your question, in 2001, Nestlé acquired Ralston Purina to form Nestlé Purina PetCare Company. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email here: https://www.purina.com.au/contact-us or call us on 1800 738 238 Mon - Thurs 9am-5pm Fri 9am-4:30pm.

Get an answer from our members and Purina representatives

Purina One Cat

Features:

Purina One Cat is a range of dry cat food that targets specific cat ages, lifestyles or ailments such as indoor, urinary tract health, adult, hairball, sensitive and healthy weight. They come in chicken or salmon & tuna flavours.

They are nutritious, easily-digestible and suitable for everyday use with high levels of crude protein. They use real meat and 0% fillers, and the crunchy pellets can help clean teeth.

Reviewers thought:

Many reviewers loved the product as their cats ate it without objection and it achieved the intended purpose.