Qantas
2.0 from 1,226 reviews

See the Best Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

tulip60

tulip60AU

Not impressed

Flew Qantas Singapore to Melbourne yesterday,worst customer service ever
They served dinner which was very cold,bread was as hard as a rock, fruits were cold almost frozen. Asked for coffee refill was refused by crew member who said sorry it's too late now.

DepartureSingapore
DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia

Freddy Farbuckle

Freddy FarbuckleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful Qantas

My wife, who is 72 & on a walking stick flew from Brisbane to New York by Qantas in an economy seat. I requested their "meet & greet service" for her and she reports that a each stop (6 in total, including Brisbane) the Qantas staff was outstanding, and attended to her every need with great success. She (and I on other trips) have used many Airlines, though none have lived up to Qantas' standards of service on this trip. Thank you Qantas, I was apprehensive before she left, though Qantas ensured the trip was excellent. 10 stars.

Unhappy customer

Unhappy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst customer service ever!

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
DestinationSingapore
jwallam66

jwallam66Perth, WA

I'm shocked how Qantas is in decline safety and customer respect

DeparturePerth WA, Australia
DestinationPort Hedland WA, Australia

Fay D.

Fay D.Tasmania

Bad service

I was flying to see my son in Brisbane. I booked Qantas hoping for quality. Bwahahaha service no better than the cheap airlines. The food served was disgusting, you could smell it as it came out on the food cart, broiled skinless fish, stunk to hell definitely too dangerous a risk to eat. What a joke. The surly staff no better than discount airlines

DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia

Francoise Kempster

Francoise KempsterSydney, NSW

Shame

During our flight back to Sydney from Singapore, we were placed at the back and had to cope with the rudeness of two women flight attendants, absolutely no sense of service and no interest in their job.
Also we had to endure a non stop blow of icy air on our shoulders to such a point that although I was wrapped in 3 blankets plus scarf and jacket, I felt sick when landing.
Shame I was looking forward to our trip back with Qantas, next time I will think twice before booking with them.

DepartureSingapore

Do not fly Qantas

Do Not Fly Qantas Airlines
They are a scam promising to reserve preferred seating. I paid a lot of money 11 months ahead of time for preferred seating and day of flight they assigned me to worst seats on plane. Said sorry it happens, and refunded me the difference. No amicable agreed solution. Fly Air Canada, Virgin, Air New Zealand, China Air, United, Delta. Complaints dont get back to you. Do not fly Qantas, they lie. Never again. Do not trust them. Stay away, book another airline but do not fly Qantas.

DepartureLos Angeles, CA, USA
ClassPremium Economy

Sujenna

SujennaSydney, NSW

I'm out of pocket due to Qantas delayed flight

QF 73 from Sydney to San Francisco due to depart at 17.20. First the flight was delayed one hour due to technical difficulties with the plane, then 2 hours, then three hours. Finally the plane left at 11pm that evening. I missed my connection to Denver and the first day of a Cosmos bus tour. I had to purchase a flight to Rapid City to catch up with the tour after spending 9 hours at Denver airport. I did have travel insurance but of course the insurer has found a loophole to wriggle out of and thanks to Qantas I am almost $1,000 out of pocket. I should have traveled to the USA with Delta or Virgin and now I wish I had. If I could give Qantas no stars then I would.

DestinationSan Francisco International Airport (SFO), San Francisco, CA, USA
Chris

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would give them less stars if possible

They changed a leg of my international travel. They didnt tell me until one day I opened my FF account and there it was. Only problem is it disturbed all my subsequent flights and hotel stay. From then it is impossible to contact customer service I tried the SMS line which is a complete and utter joke. The phone was my next option and asked for a call back which was supposed to be 90 minutes later but got a call the next night. Still no fixed properly yet 2 weeks later. Joke: how much do you pay an irshman to not run an Australian Airline. 24 million apparently.

Harry

HarryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Had a pleasant flight with them

Booking on their website was quick and easy. Flight took off from Sydney on time. Was very comfortable and crew gave out snacks which was a hit for me as I rushed to the airport. All in all friendly staff and a great airline

Cie L.

Cie L.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor Customer Service

If there's negative score thats how i would rate Qantas! It happened to me plenty of times! Customer service agents doesnt really care! They would out you on hold. It will took more than an hour to do the rebooking! Poor customer service management should take action on this, but like their agents they simply dont care.

Marcelle

MarcelleHunter Region, NSW

Sydney to Johannesburg....From Los Angeles to Sydney

Worst airline ever

At the check-in counter, the lady was talking to me as if my presence there was a nuisance to her. My wife wasn't with me at the time and she was so eager to release her seat that we paid for. Unbelievable. Never will fly again with Qantas.

DestinationTokyo, Japan

Cristina

CristinaSydney, NSW

Terrible service, bad food and no value for money on Qantas business class

Qantas staff was unhelpful and rude when we asked why my husband and I were moved away from each other at a flight from Bali to Sydney in business class.
The food was worst than any food I have tasted at economy class in other airlines. The luggage took forever to arrive at the carousel and the economy luggage was there before the business class. Overall no value for money and wont do it again

DepartureBali, Indonesia
ClassBusiness Class
Nat dom

Nat domGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Qantas isn't what it used to be

The plane was old, seats worn and dirty. Staff were rude. Meals inedible. On flight entertainment was unusable (had to use my iPad instead) and all at a premium price

DestinationDenpasar, Denpasar City, Bali, Indonesia

Never Again

Qantas is the most unresponsive, unprofessional airline I have ever used. Seats couldnt be selected online, they do not answer on any customer service number. Special assistance is offered online but when you get to the airport there is none available.

DestinationUnited States

Alun

AlunSouth East Queensland, QLD

I try to avoid flying with them

My wife and I had over 68,000 points and because they say no activity over an 18 month period they cancel our points .
In the period concerned We flow twice on Jetstar form Sunshine Coast Airport to Sydney and return , but apparently this dos,ent count !
As somebody else has already pointed out the managing director receives $20,000,000 a year . What for , it's certainly not for providing customer service !

DepartureSunshine Coast QLD, Australia

LJG

LJGVictoria

Discrimination all the way

If you have food allergies remember the old name of Qantas domestic and try another airline. The stewards are rude and no ingredients on the food. So once you ask they then refuse to serve you ANY food. Had this problem for over 20 years on Qantas.. even international when medical certificate submitted 6 weeks earlier.

No problem ever on virgin. Crew happy to check as they have ingredients listed as per Australian law.

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia

Disgusted

Disgusted

Go with Virgin for peace of mind.

BookingThird Party

Staff are very unhelpful and rude, no direct baggage through for international travel.

International to Perth and domestic with qantas from Perth to Brisbane. Staff are terrible and very unhelpful. Not accommodating at all esp with a 12 hr lay over. We had to sit at the airport for 6 hours just to check our luggage in and another 6 hours to get on the flight. Would never fly qantas again.

DeparturePerth WA, Australia
DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia

mauraj

maurajasked

Can you request compensation for a cancelled flight from Perth to London?

John W.

John W.asked

Prior to flying to JNB I noted eticket luggage was 66 kgs which is incorrect. Ten days I get a email stating it should be 30 kgs and if it is over that amount you will be charged - my luggage was 10 kgs over and tge charge was more that a new seat. I made a complaint and virtualy told we made a mistake and yiu pay. They offer 10,000 points a coffee mug. Trip over put in the last seat 74.

Prior to coming home I tried to select my seat - not available . I went to the airport three hours before departure and was told all seats allocated - you cannot mean to say all economy sears had been allocated 3 hours before the departure - and once again given row 74 - most likely this was there punishment for a person complaining to There no customer cars service,

Greg

Gregasked

I am calling my lawyer on Monday as Qantas stole my money in 3 areas of service ( services paid but not provided) I have contacted Qantas via email requesting refund, no answer from them, simply a joke in a civilised country. Will never again fly with Qantas, very sad to have Aussie carrier downgrading itself to “lying kangaroo” I will be sending email to 60 min and other media outlets to see if they are interested in the story ... question: Where and from whom get response from Qantas? Thanks Greg

Get an answer from our members and Qantas representatives