2.0 from 1,360 reviews

• Food
  • In-Flight Service
  • In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

I never travel with Quantas agai

Quantas is not Australian airline anymore. While Quantas need to be chased for refund, other airlines such as Emirate airline deposited refund to my account after 2 weeks and notified me by email. Forget Quantas and even don't look at it.

Tan

TanGeelong

Disgraced

Have been waiting for my refund for over 12 weeks. First time I was told 6-8 weeks, and each time I called to follow up, I keep getting told 2 more weeks. Waste of my time. Qantas you are an embarrasment to the country and a disgraced!!!!!!!! Give me back my money, do you still have money to give back to your customer????

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia
DestinationTokyo, Japan
Sai Y.

Sai Y.

Qantas do not want to refund money- Extremely bad customer service

Its been 3 months since i couldn't get my refund back from Qantas.
Funny part is everytime when i ring customer care i get different response.
Twice i was told my money will be refunded in a week time , recently they again told it may take 2 or 3 or 4 months for a refund.
Looks like this is end of Qantas , soon they may vanish.
I know there will be delays due to pandemic but service , trust is now lost in Qantas.

Extremely unhappy with Qantas and i will never ever fly again with Qantas.

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia

Refund

After having international travel cancelled we booked a domestic holiday. Now Qantas have cancelled our Darwin to Ayers Rock flight. The refund is going to take between 8 to 10 weeks. Disgusting.
Full payment expected at time of booking but not at time of refund.

Fay D.

Fay D.Tasmania

Low quality

The quality under [name removed] is terrible, the food stunk like food from a third world street market, the quality of cabin staff disgusting, socially unacceptable he's replaced normal with his ilk

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia
DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia

GregMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Qantas's policy on refunds is an affront to human decency

Jimmy

JimmyBrisbane

Goodbye

Always looking for excusess to screw people over and now your using covid19 as excuss to sack 6000 workers. I'm never with you dogs again and I'm cancelling my qantas, your service is crap anyway your the worst airline I've even flown with except for air asia.

Panamenke

PanamenkeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Wonderful service

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia
Barry

BarryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not flexible or helpful at all.

DepartureAdelaide SA, Australia
DestinationThimphu, Bhutan

Izzys Mumma

Izzys MummaFar North Queensland, QLD

So impressed with service provided by call centre

DepartureWeipa QLD, Australia
DestinationMackay QLD, Australia
G Alone

G Alone

Reputation says it all the long haul No pride carrying the great Aussie Carrie name

Pathetic waiting now 4 hrs gone to speak to customer service relating to change of flights booking made by Qantas one off Qantas cut back perhaps cheap labour from overseas learning from Telstra now 4 and half hours still waiting to speak with consultant Shame shame Qantas Mr Joyce get your act together and live upto our Aussie pride

MickyG

MickyGAustralian Capital Territory

Cancellations and no refund in nearly 3 months

I booked a oneworld reward flight for my family which took many weeks on the phone to get sorted.

with COVID-19 some flights were cancelled which opened the door for a fee free cancellation.

No refund has been confirmed in nearly three months, my booking has disappeared off their system and I’m out of pocket $6500 and 850,000 qantas points.

These people are now refusing to serve me when I chase up the refund.

I will never buy a qantas ticket ever again.

Dr EJS

Dr EJSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Where are the refunds?

Other airlines refund promptly. My own experience Cathay 72 hours. Friends' experience Singapore 72 hours.
Air New Zealand 4 weeks.
Qantas 13 weeks and still nothing. I gather they have outsourced their refund work to the Philippines. Why when they have stood down countless Australians?
Can I contact them? Not easily. Have patience they say. Why? Where are the refunds?

Warren

Warren

4 hours on hold and get cut off

Unhappy

Unhappy

RIP OFF AIR FARES

Airfares from Adelaide to Broome return have skyrocketed in 12 months from $800 to $1250 in 2020. They have made so unaffordable to see family. They want us to support them by charging us rip off prices. Never ever will I fly with them again. I have also sold all our Qantas shares at a loss. Bring on the new carrier.

DepartureAdelaide SA, Australia
DestinationBroome WA, Australia

Will

WillMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cancelled Booking I Am Confused

By far the most disreputable company in Australia

deed

deedSouth East Queensland, QLD

No customer service

Qantas cancelled flights due to COVID. Decided we wanted a refund. Originally told 1 week, then 3 weeks, then after waiting on the phone for an hour told 8-10 weeks wait because they are short staffed. What about using the staff that were stood down? Now after expecting a refund of $800 only $80 received. Typical, no explanation, no communication NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! Will now have to make a 4th call to find out why I only received 10% of my refund ... really looking forward to being on hold for another hour before being able to speak to someone.

Jeremy Lawrance

Jeremy LawranceNSW, 2041

Beware of their refund policy

Qantas are encouraging passengers to cancel their bookings due to the COVID-19 pandemic and receive flight vouchers for future travel. Those vouchers do have an expiry date at which time they become worthless.
Qantas policy clearly states that customers are entitled to a refund "If we cancel your flight and we cannot offer you suitable alternative arrangements".
However, there is no way of claiming a refund on their website with the "Customer Care"portal only offering credit vouchers for future flights.
I booked directly with Qantas and am stuck with this unsatisfactory arrangement. Friends who have booked through travel agents have all been offered refunds.

chris p.

chris p.Perth, WA

Damaged luggage

After travelling to exmouth your baggage handlers run over my fishing pole in a designed bag
Then they did everything to stall an avoid repairs
Yes im still getting fu around

DeparturePerth WA, Australia