Qantas

• Wi-Fi

Brett

BrettSydney, NSW

Qantas is awful, go Singapore or even Skoot :(

The flight was cancelled, there was no notification, no representative at the airport, no contact (at any level) and no support. We found a number and sat for over an hour an forty minutes with no response. This is worse than flying many 'third world nations'.

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
DestinationCambodian Mekong University (CMU), Street 271, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Roger

RogerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Clarification on my fare keeping on hold

Anytime of the day, I called Qantas support, the automated voice tells a waiting time between one and half to two hours or over two hours. Very strange. On a very few occasions they offered call back service.
On both occasions I spoke with their staff, found very hard to communicate. Very frustrating experience with our national carrier. Very frustrating.

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
DestinationTokyo, Japan
S Djokic

S DjokicSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very bad costumer service!!

A customer service officer hung up on me. She was abrupt, rude and didn't allow contact with someone else. She didn't provide her name and customer service number when requested.

James

JamesAlice Springs, NT

Qantas ripped me off

I have changed ticket recently at no expense to Qantas. Its disgusting that Qantas charged me $120 to change flight over month out from trip. This was done online at no incovienence to Qantas. Its a joke, I remmember the times when you could ring up and change for free. Where is the loyalty.

DepartureDarwin NT, Australia
DestinationAlice Springs NT, Australia
ClassEconomy

Waiting 45 minutes on the "customer service" 131131 number.

45 minute wait on a call to service centre is not good enough. And the message suggests that they had predicted higher than normal calls. Not good enough. I am trying to claim missing points for a flight and wasn't able to do it on the app.

DestinationHelsinki, Finland

DepartureSydney Airport (SYD), Sydney NSW, Australia
DestinationBali, Indonesia

Marie

MariePerth, WA

Missing points. Poor and incompetent service.

After the extreme difficulties of having to contact Qantas three times and each time being PROMISED that points I earned for a flight would be added, yet never were, I have just shredded my Qantas Frequent Flyer card. I refuse to beg for points and I will never fly Qantas again: it offers bad service both on the ground and in the air. I have had so many positive experiences with foreign airlines, but often flew Qantas only to support an Australian carrier. Definitely not worth it.

DeparturePerth WA, Australia
Bounce boy

Bounce boyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Qantas treat customers with contempt

I recently tried to update my frequent points. Sent an email ignored. On the chatline for 2 hours not resolved no one available to help. On hold on the phone for at least 2 hours eventually transferred to a call centre in Manilla communication break down not resolved. You are a disgrace Allan Joyce and your disgusting cost cutting measures.

DestinationSydney NSW, Australia
ClassPremium Economy
Peter

Peter

Good luck trying to contact them !!!!

TMc

TMcAU

Worst customer service

Cancelled my flight due to bad weather and put me on one three hours later (as advised via SMS messages the night before).

This caused major problems because it was a work trip to deliver training.

I spent half the night in their hopeless phone queue without my call ever being answered. The queue never tells you how long before your call will be answered, just tells endless recorded lies about the call being “answered soon”. And there is no facility for leaving a callback phone number. Qantas staff told me of irate customers who’ve waited 5 hours (I gave up after 2).

An airline that shows no concern for its customers doesn’t deserve your business. Nor does QBT (the booking agent).

Choose better providers.

Viper6

Viper6

Unsympathetic, poor poor service

Booked a business class flight from Brisbane to Hong Kong in November last year (before coronavirus was on the scene). I was planning to stay in Hong Kong for 4 days and then travel to Taiwan for a wedding. Taiwan has now banned foreigners who come via from Hong Kong, so I cannot travel via Hong Kong. Qantas don’t care and still want to charge cancellation fees. If I travel to Hong Kong I literally will not be allowed to enter Taiwan for the wedding. Spent 2.5 hours on hold to speak to someone, they really have useless service and are don’t show any empathy to customers in difficult times. My hotel, transport and other tour providers all offered free cancellations during these unprecedented times, but not Qantas.

Shanon

ShanonWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Unacceptable excuse.

I booked a ticket and was unable to fly back on the day, so Qantas offered me a voucher which is non transferable but valid for a year. This is my money that the happily accepted but wont give back I want to book my husband a flight, I think it is unacceptable. If u buy something from a retail store and you dont want it they will refund it back into your account. Qantas is robbing people badly by not giving back money to Passengers if they cant fly instead of offering a voucher for 12 months. Try contacting them that is even worse you hold on for longer than 2 hours and have to listen to this boring pathetic message. There are not alot of options either to choose from to speak to someone. You cant chat to someone online. Robbery.

DepartureBundaberg QLD, Australia
DestinationPerth WA, Australia

Rafshen

RafshenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Missing points. Impossible to contact Qantas

I have traveled in business class and the points haven’t been added to my account. I have tried to contact Qantas without success. More than one hour waiting on the phone and no online chat available. It’s impossible to get in touch with them to claim my points.

DepartureBahrain
DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia
ClassBusiness Class
Mark L

Mark L

When you thought it couldn't get any worse

DepartureSydney NSW, Australia
DestinationHamilton Island, Whitsundays QLD, Australia
RMFAM

RMFAMsydney

Thieves

Tried to cancel within minutes of the booking but since it's Qantas domestic they don't honour the 24hr cancellation period. Impossible to get anyone on the phone. They send you a "voucher" which it turns out can only be used for expensive fares and comes with a $200 change fee. Ended up being cheaper to book a new flight with a star alliance carrier even when factoring in the $600 lost to Qantas. Thieves. Will go out of my way to never fly Qantas ever again.

Tim

TimPerth, WA

Stole my sunglasses

Left my sunglasses in business lounge on a business ticket. Realised only after boarding just before push out. So thought I’d email business lounge...but they don’t have an email. Cabin crew said to ask at destination to call melb lounge. Perth lounge couldn’t contact melb lounge. A bunch of emails ensued of which one email from qantas said items matching the discription are at melb lost property. “Okay confirmed they’re in possession”. One hour on hold to melb lost property I hung up, I then emailed again, no response. I gave up. Share price going so well because they sell your lost property after 3 months.

DestinationPerth WA, Australia
ClassBusiness Class

Jason Q

Jason Q

Qantas changed my flights

Just part of my proof that Qantas had changed my flights and were going to send me E tickets (never saw those either). I lost $600 because these guys couldn't organise their stuff.
My wife was hit with major stress when Jetstar said "sorry you have no boarding pass" (for the Qantas changed tickets).
I always flew Qantas but these guys have disappointed me they will not admit they stuffed up and say we were flagged as a no show for our first original flights.
I have saved all the proof and will fight this.
I feel so sorry for the people that wouldn't have been able to buy more tickets as we were and could end up seeing family for Christmas.

DepartureWhyalla SA, Australia
DestinationAdelaide SA, Australia

Flight from Denpasar Bali to Melbourne

Qantas flight attendants were not very friendly, the flight was untidy and too small, no room to recline the seats. Service was horrible and flight attendants were choosing who to serve drinks to. I paid for flight just like everybody else. So why was I given just one round of drink and skip me and my father? This time, I wouldn't recommend qantas to anyone. I was very disappointed. It's a rip off.

DepartureBali, Indonesia
DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia

johnboschen

johnboschenMelbourne

Qantas Club downgraded

Flew to Sydney last week and tried the new Qantas Club lounge. This is downgraded affair and the old Qantas Club lounge is now reserved for Business Class travellers and those travellers with higher status credits. Would I renew my Qantas Club membership now given the new lounged? Probably not.

DestinationSydney NSW, Australia

mauraj

maurajasked

Can you request compensation for a cancelled flight from Perth to London?

John W.

John W.asked

Prior to flying to JNB I noted eticket luggage was 66 kgs which is incorrect. Ten days I get a email stating it should be 30 kgs and if it is over that amount you will be charged - my luggage was 10 kgs over and tge charge was more that a new seat. I made a complaint and virtualy told we made a mistake and yiu pay. They offer 10,000 points a coffee mug. Trip over put in the last seat 74.

Prior to coming home I tried to select my seat - not available . I went to the airport three hours before departure and was told all seats allocated - you cannot mean to say all economy sears had been allocated 3 hours before the departure - and once again given row 74 - most likely this was there punishment for a person complaining to There no customer cars service,

Greg

Gregasked

I am calling my lawyer on Monday as Qantas stole my money in 3 areas of service ( services paid but not provided) I have contacted Qantas via email requesting refund, no answer from them, simply a joke in a civilised country. Will never again fly with Qantas, very sad to have Aussie carrier downgrading itself to “lying kangaroo” I will be sending email to 60 min and other media outlets to see if they are interested in the story ... question: Where and from whom get response from Qantas? Thanks Greg

Get an answer from our members and Qantas representatives