Qantas American Express Premium

Qantas American Express Premium

Pros

• 30,000 bonus Qantas Points on offer

• Earn up to 1 Qantas Point for every $1 spent

Cons

• $249 Annual Fee

• 3% Foreign Transaction Fee

CategoryFrequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
Card TypeAmerican Express
BenefitsComplimentary Travel Insurance and Sign-Up Bonus Points Offer
Minimum Credit Limit $2,000
Maximum Credit Limit $50,000
Minimum Income $40,000
Additional Cardholders 4
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2.5%
Rewards ProgramQantas Frequent Flyer
Points Earn Rate 1 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 1 point for every $1 spent on card purchases, excluding government bodies in Australia

• 0.5 points per $1 spent at government bodies in Australia

• 1 additional point per $1 spent with Qantas

There is no cap on earn rate.

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$3
Interest Free Period 44 days
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus

Receive 30,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $3,000 with the first 3 months of card approval.

Release dateAug 2006

jsan5933

jsan5933AU

I'm a fan of this card, and would recommend it to anyone. I use it for all my grocery purchases and anything else I can think of!
    I've had this card for three years now, and love that Amex always has special offers or sometimes surprises me with extra FF points - in my time I have accumulated almost 150,000 points. I decided this year that I couldn't afford the annual fee so tried to cancel and they waived the fee, and waived the supplementary card fees as well for my family.

Customer service is always impeccable. I also like that travel insurance is included and that you get Qantas Club invites, as well as the 1.25 points per dollar spent. This card is really worth it.
    I would have said the annual fee!

happyjess

happyjess

OK

I would not opt for this card next time as the annual fee is too high, only if you use the Qantas lounge or using for booking air fare otherwise would not recommend such an expensive card. The next card lower than this one also offers the Frequent Flyer points but slight less point but much less in annual fee. once my card finishes i will go for the lower fee one.
    It as great points for Frequent flyer and it also give you free travel insurance when booking airfares with this card.
    It has an expensive annual fee. it is only good if you have Frequent Flyer program otherwise it is too expensive even if you earn their points for other things.

ttulips

ttulips

Good

My husband travels lots with work using qantas. Having this card making it faster for me to travel for free. He uses this card all the time, in particular for buying tickets. I would not recommend this card if you do not travel much with qantas. The annual fee is a killer, plus although american express is now getting more popular, there are still not always available as a method of payment.
    Frequent flyer points!!! 1.25 points per dollar for normal purchases and 2.25 points per dollar for purchases on qantas.
    Expensive annual fee unless you are a frequent flyer and getting the maximum benefit by accumulation the frequent flyer points.

Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards

Find out how Qantas American Express Premium compares to other Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards