Qatar Airways

• In-Flight Entertainment
  • Wi-Fi

Ivo

IvoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service ever!

Booking Through Airline

Plenty of complaints about an airline still trying to get people back to Aus !

Why bag out an airline that is at least trying to get Australians back ? Where are all the people ( and their complaints ) who booked all the other airlines who’ve just dropped them like hot cakes ?? Without Qatar where would any of us be ? I also had cancelled tickets back but at least I got back . If I’d booked with so many other airlines I’d not have had any chance at all as far as I can see . After this I’ll never fly with another airline . I’ve seen who keeps supporting me when times are tough .

DestinationEdinburgh, UK
HEM

HEMSouth East Queensland, QLD

QATAR'S shameful scam during global crisis

DepartureParis, France
DestinationBrisbane QLD, Australia

Economy passengers left behind

Waiting since 20th July, 2020 for return flight home to Brisbane after receiving an exemption from Australia DFAT to go to mothers funeral in Dublin ...no flights available now til September. Have received 3 cancelled flights by email only.( The flights still went ahead for the lucky 1st Class! ) No empathy or customer service from Qatar Airways who are very quick to accept online payments. If seats are not available they should not accept future bookings until all existing customers are given priority first. This has had a huge emotional and financial impact on my family. Shame on Qatar Airways for bumping off prepaid passengers in favour of 1st Class Bookings. Good luck ACCC! Any future Class Action?

Tuesday, 18 Aug 2020, 09:48:08 pm

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
DestinationDublin, Ireland
MICWA

MICWASydney

Third Rate Customer Service

Sue

SueQueensland

Will never fly with Qatar again and definitely would NOT recommend them!!!!

They are more than happy to take your money, then cancel flights without even telling you, and won’t give a refund. My flights were booked and paid for in full in October 19. For travel in March 20; The customer service is appalling!!!!! You are lucky if you can get through, then they cut you off when they don’t want to talk anymore or don’t want to resolve the issues. The worst company I have ever dealt with; but NEVER AGAIN !!!!!! and definitely won’t recommend them :((.

Have only selected 1 ⭐️ cause you can’t submit a review without selecting one. I wouldn’t give them any !!!!

parrott_ice

parrott_iceMelbourne

Qatar rips off yet another customer

Booked flight in Jan, before covid, for flight in April.
Due to covid Qatar cancels my flight offering other flights which did not suit to where i was staying. So i cancel my trip.
Waited 4 months for refund. Finally received refund from flight center (thats another whole new story) less almost $400 cancellation fee from Qatar for a flight THEY cancelled. Once bitten......

DestinationBudapest, Hungary
Ado

AdoPerth, WA

Stealing money from their custormer - THIEVES

I cancelled my flight to Rome in early March due to COVID and decided to pay the penalties for that. I was entitled to a refund for the remaining amount. After months waiting, no signs whatsover of the money being returned.
They insist the travel agent who booked me the flight should refund me. The travel agent says that they requested the airline to process the refund. Nobody takes responsibility and they're just waiting for the time to pass and the refund to be forgotten. Absolute thieves.

DeparturePerth WA, Australia
DestinationRome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Alexander Santillan

Alexander SantillanSydney, NSW

If there is negative 10. I would rate them -10

Purchased the ticket January 14 for April 5 departure to Barcelona. Flight was cancelled, requested a refund but until now no refund. Communicate thru facebook messenger but still no luck. Called them at 1300 number waited for 2 hours for someone to answer, once they heard refund.... They simply hang up. Happen to me 3 times so its not coincidence. I will never bear fly with qatar anymore. Should file a class action suits against qatar for defaulting thousands of people who didn't get a refund until now.

DestinationBarcelona, Spain

Aleksandra M.

Aleksandra M.Western Australia

Absoultely RIDICULOUS sad excuse for "customer Service"

Absolutely appaling customer service by Qatar, I'm still waiting for my refund, that I requested around the end of March due to COVID. The only thing they know how to do is take the customers money and then pull them by the nose when it come to their rights. Disgusting! ZERO STARS!

Trash morons, I’d give them 0 stars if I could, book with someone more reliable and customer driven.

Cancelled initial flight in May due to Covid 19, fair enough but couldn’t get a refund only a travel voucher. Booked again last week for a July flight but they weren’t letting us use the voucher, now this flight may be canceled but they won’t give answers and have been on hold for 8 hours over the past 2 days. Let us know so I can at least book with someone more reliable

DeparturePerth WA, Australia
DestinationDublin, Ireland
Kate

Kate

They claim to have a good service, but in reality terrible

They mislead customer, break an Australian law and did not provide the compensation they claimed they would. Got stuck in the airport for 6 hours after a long flight due to their airplane being late, they did not even offer a snack

Qatar changed my flight destination to a place 7 hrs away without telling me

Still no refund

I have made many many calls, emails and facebook messages and I am constantly told different dates the transfer has apparently taken place and to wait but never receive the money. Requests for proof that the transaction has taken place are ignored. Customer Service team members talk over you on the phone then promise to call you back but never do. Completely amoral and disgraceful service to customers who have been patient for months now. We should all file complaints with our Consumer Affairs bodies as clearly this is a widespread issue for your customers

Emma

EmmaPerth, WA

Impressed with Qatar customer service

In December 2019, I booked 5 tickets to travel to Europe from Australia with Qatar in September 2020. Due to COVID-19, we could not fly out in September. I requested a full refund from Qatar and received it in a timely manner. If the travel restrictions are lifted, I will be re-booking the same trip next year with Qatar.

ClassPremium Economy

petrol95

petrol95Sydney, NSW

Good experiences, can't believe some of the other reviews.

DestinationAthens, Greece
Mino

MinoPerth, WA

Poor handling of COVID refunds or lack thereof!

Spent just over $3,500 on airfares in November 2019 - filled out their 'full refund' web form on their site late February 2020 but no follow-ups or action of a refund. Early April received a 'flight credit voucher' to use and received no further communication for a refund until I contacted my credit card company to get involved. Several weeks later I receive an update but still no help or refund. It was going to be my first time flying with Qatar and I don't think I'll fly with them unless it's a free flight now. Poor handling overall and little to no customer service.

Steven T.

Adrian G.

Unresponsive

Farzaneh N.

Farzaneh N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If there was zero star, I would go for it!

My flight from Melbourne to Tehran supposed to have 12 hours wait in Doha. but it increased to 18 hours just one week before departure date.
All the cafes and restaurant in airport are serving just drinks, NOT FOOD. (due to Covid)
Airline didn't offer ANY food or drink for that 18 hours.
So we (2 people 70 years old) had just biscuits and coffee for 18 hours.
Airline could mention this to passengers so we could take our own food...
Never go back to this airline.
Couldn't be treated worse...

DestinationTehran, Tehran Province, Iran