QBE Motorcycle Insurance

QBE Motorcycle Insurance

2.0

Dan

DanSydney, NSW

QBE have simply ignored my attempts to contact them

I was involved in a motorcycle accident 7 weeks ago.
I completed the claim forms for my "Platinum" comprehensive policy 6 weeks ago. Ive heard nothing.
They wont return my calls or emails.

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Claim ApprovedNo

Changing to QBE was a MISTAKE

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Liam M.

Liam M.Sydney, NSW

They have the worst service ever

After my credit card hacked, I rang them twice to update the credit card number so the policy would continue. They didn't do it properly so policy ended up cancelled

Motorcycle & Bicycle Insurance

Find out how QBE Motorcycle Insurance compares to other Motorcycle & Bicycle Insurance

Matt

MattGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Customer service was pretty good

Bought 1 year of insurance for my bike a couple months ago but recently sold it. I never made a claim but when calling them, they answered on the first ring and the agent was very friendly. When I said I wanted to cancel my insurance (before mentioning I sold my bike), they didn't question me and jumped right into helping me cancel. The amount of refund, processing time, and everything was very thoroughly explained. Cost-wise, QBE also had one of the cheapest policies when I was getting quotes.

Gus

Gus

Still waiting for payment

I had a Kawasaki W650 which was stolen July last year, and found later.
QBE have only today agreed to reimburse me for my stolen helmet, and denied paying other damage.

Claim DateJuly 2019
John

John

Premium went up over 57%

Lee.

Lee.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My 2015 QBE Experience.

I managed to Write Off my 7 month old BMW in an accident where I lost control. The bike was towed to the nearest town. The Assessor made contact with me in the first 7 days and informed me that the bike was a Write Off. I paid QBE my Excess plus the balance of my policy which came out monthly. I did follow with a couple of phone calls. The Staff were very professional and informative. My new replacement bike was ready within 1 month with 12 months Registration and ready to go.
I did not include some of the extras that were fitted later and I did not keep receipts for my older Riding Gear which was my fault.
Otherwise the whole process went very smoothly and hopefully never to be repeated.
LP.Vic.

Claim DateSeptember 2015
Michiel

MichielSydney, NSW

Great communication and claim handeling !

Had the misfortune that road debris damaged the engine of my 6 month old BMW. The whole proces from reporting the incident / claim to settlement of the damage was extremely professional and friendly. It never took more then a few minutes to speak to a claim officer or they would call back quickly. Since the damage resulted in a total loss it took several weeks before the claim was completely settled. This is however in my opinion normal when dealing with a total loss. I can only highly recommend QBE motorcycle insurance based on my experience. Thanks to all dealing with this claim for the professional and friendly service.

Claim ApprovedYes

Experience had ups and down

QBEQBE

Hi Chris, thanks for your feedback on your experience. We will PM you to get some more details

Col

ColIllawarra, NSW

Bike not listed for insurance

I tried to get a quote for motorcycle insurance via QBE, the motorcycle I wanted to insure (SWM Gran Milano) wasn't even listed on their website, pretty poor on their part, I looked elsewhere.

QBEQBE

Hi Col, thanks for the feedback, we will pass this onto the product team

Tony D.

Tony D.Hunter Region, NSW

Don't Know What The Problem Is

Tim

TimQueensland

Insured for 10+ years, easy claim for total loss (theft)

Claim DateJune 2019
QBEQBE

Hi Tim, thanks for your review. We'll make sure we pass those cons back to the team for review ~Ben

aussie-riderSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolute RIP-OFF, Pathetic/Non-existent customer service.

Had to cancel my platinum Full-Comp MC Insurance with QBE (pay by the month policy).
They didn't make it easy.
No replies to emails for days on end, they cancel my policy over a week after my initial request, then they have the audacity to want to charge me a $30 fee to cancel my policy (on a $35 p/m policy).
Needless to say I'm not happy and will issue a chargeback if they attempt to take any money from me.
They deserve zero stars, but I had to leave one to be able to review the fools.Five stars for finally more than five hours of sleep!

QBEQBE

Hi Aussie-rider, thank you for your review. The cancellation policy and fee of $30 are outlined in the PDS under section 8.4. If you are unhappy with this, you can escalate to our complaints team https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints

QBEQBE

Hi Aussie-rider, unfortunately, we can't assist with specific questions on your policy, you will need to discuss these with our complaints team https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints

Aden Jvic

Aden JvicPerth, WA

Negative Negative Negative - I had to give them at least one star

Claim DateApril 2019
QBEQBE

Hi Aden, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will pass this feedback to the complaints team, however as it is going through the complaints process already, we need to await the outcome of this process

Heath

HeathSouth East Queensland, QLD

discracefull

Jon

JonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stay away Don't take the risk

Delay is in their DNA. 6 weeks still waiting indefinitely. Total Loss Department is a total disappointment. No communication no acknowledgment of emails.Talk to different people all the time. 1.8 Star Rating is there for a reason. Be warned.

Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
QBEQBE

Hi Jon, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some details and look into it ~BLS

Absolute scams.

First thing is first, good luck getting through their waiting list. Secondly, they connect you to 20 different departments and they all ask you to send an email to their department, then they confirm they've received the email and the next day you call to follow up all 20 emails you sent have disappeared! Absolute scams.

QBEQBE

Hi Ash, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some more details and look into this ~BLS

Marc

MarcBudgewoi

Very slow

I’m not in a big rush for the claim money so not really angry but they are very slow it took around 3 weeks to be assessed then another week after the assessment I never heard back so called them and they said they haven’t even reviewed the assessment they will pass it onto the reviewer now they know it’s been assessed (if I never called who knows how long it wouldve taken them to realise it had been assessed before they pass it onto the reviewer) I have now been told it will take another 2 weeks to be paid not holding my breath because I wouldn’t be surprised if it took even longer like I said I’m in no rush for the claim payout but it takes a very long time

migo33

migo33Sydney, NSW

Great customer service and price

I've been using QBE for many years with different bikes. I only use their comprehensive insurance and only needed their help once thank God. The agent I dealt with was extremely helpful and resolved my issue quickly and professionally.
Very easy PDS to understand and no questions asked when it's time to use it.
Overall very pleased with the service and price.

Claim DateAugust 2017
Rodrigo

RodrigoPalm Beach

Completely disorganised customer service!

They didn't cancel a policy that I asked to be cancel 1 year ago charging me for the whole year, now when I found out I notice that they cancelled my bike that Im riding now so Ive been riding without any cover. My check from the other bike that supposed to be on my hands now I still haven't received and have to wait now another 10 to 21 days. My whole experience = shocking and unsafe!

Insurance claim madeNo
QBEQBE

Hi Rodrigo, we're sorry to hear about this. We will PM you for some details ~BLS

paul

paulasked

QBE has 40 reviews, but THIRTY are negative! 1.8 out of 5 stars is terrible. What have you done, if anything to resolve these complaints? How many extra staff have you employed this year to reduce the sometimes massive wait?

Rob

Robasked

What is happening with QBE... had an accident 5 April... now the 20th... customer service is a joke... constant calls sent to overseas... and they have no clue.. will get some to call you back... my goodness 15 days to call me back... disgusting..... what can I do.... please help...

QBEQBE

Hi Rob, sorry to hear you're having issues. Please email us at socialmedia@qbe.com with your claim, contact number and full name and we can escalate this ~BLS

Lawrie
Lawrie

Hello all.
I've just spent about an hour reading through all of the above reviews and am really concerned that I did take out a QBE Motorcycle Insurance Policy earlier this year
I am a Ulysses member and understand that QBE is a sponsor of the Club.
I asked someone in admin at the Club who informed me that the Club hadn't heard of any adverse reports about QBE so I felt comfortable insuring with them as they support/sponsor the Club.
Now, having read all of the above I'm not sure I've made the right choice.
I've no idea how many policies QBE Motorcycle Insurance writes nor how many claims they handle - it is my understanding now that they have a staff of five? - yes five?
I thought QBE was an enormous company - but five staff handling motorcycle insurance?
Perhaps that's why claims take so long to get sorted?
Or is QBE MotorCycle Insurance a small franchised operation?
And if so - who stands behind claims if they need to be made?
To me this is worrying and should concern anyone considering insuring a motorcycle.
Lawrie Mitchell
Mob: 0402389501
PS And who is BLS? (sounds like something unpleasant)

Brian C

Brian Casked

Will QBE cover my motorcycle for fire damage?

QbeQBE

Hi Brian, this depends on the type of policy you have and the type of bike you drive. Our Comprehensive Cover and our Legal Liability, Fire and Theft cover includes cover for damage caused by fire. For more information visit: https://www.qbe.com.au/motorcycle-insurance and refer to the product disclosure statement.

Get an answer from our members and QBE representatives