Redback RB4

Redback RB4

See the Best Generators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Redback Generators

3.4

Sean H.
    Sean H.

Great in writing

We've had two of these generators.
    The first one was was great until the 500-ish hour mark when it stopped dead and would not go at all. We couldn't pull-start it and when we tried using the starter motor, it puffed a cloud of blue smoke. It was cooked.
    The 2nd one did much the same thing but with many less hours. There seems to be a major fault with this generator. It's great until it cooks itself.
    We had a mechanic check the generator over and were told to throw it out.
    Our next generator will be a name brand with a long warranty.

Always broken down

It was delivered promptly, ran fine for the first 2mths then just stopped could get a spark. They sent me a new module, after that ran for another 2mths. Then it broke down again a fuel issue with the injection. So many other issues I had to send it back for a warranty. They fixed it, but it always was hard to start. In the end remote didn't work, electric start stopped working. Only got 600hrs out of it before it died. My van is now modified to free camp so I only use a little generator.

Purchased at iTechworld for $1,499.

Bad generator, worse service

Purchased in April 2018.

Steve
    StevePerth, WA

very unreliable

Purchased at iTechworld for $1,899.

To good

Owned this power plant for a couple of years now it’s powered me through the centre and up the top very easy unit to maintain thumbs up if I could say one thing I wish I had this 10 years ago

Purchased in February 2018 at Itechworld for $1,899.

Spokesy
    SpokesySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Upgrade

My Honda EU22i was recalled due to a fire risk. I have stood by Honda for almost 3 decades and always considered my self a “Honda Man”. Not anymore! They offered me a replacement, I politely declined. I took the refund.

I have had my eyes on my neighbours RB4 for a while, I couldn’t believe the things he could power in his van all at once.

I phoned Itech talked to the boys and four days later the RB4 turned up at my front door in New South Wales. Incredible service from iTech.

The RB4 powers everything in my van at once, the old Honda had no chance of that. It was struggling to keep up with the AC.

I now consider myself a “Redback Man”.

Purchased for $1,699.

Ivan
    IvanPerth, WA

Did what it said

Got the generator for my fifth wheeler ran my aircon did what I was told it would do. Thumbs up great little genny. Would recommend highly great that it’s black as well.

Purchased in February 2018 for $1,899.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
    Clara V.14 Feb 2022

Can not fault

Purchased this unit in 2017 have used the power plant to go around Australia multiple times . Ran the unit to run my aircon microwave and battery chargers has never let me down if there was a bad thing I could think of I honestly could not tell you has stood up well against the test of time

Purchased in November 2017 at itechworld for $1,499.

Pfows
    PfowsGoldfields, WA

Best generator

Got this generator for a back up I’m in Kalgoorlie and we get more blackouts then anyone I believe in Australia have no issues running my fridge and deep chest freezer my son borrowed it for his caravan and he bought one and is more then happy. Quiet compact and POWERFUL .

Purchased in October 2018 at Itechworld for $1,899.

Find out how Redback RB4 compares to other Generators

Could not believe this ran everything in the van

I bought this generator after seeing one in Broome. I currently own a Spinifex epex which has an ibis 3 aircon I recently had a Honda 2 but it packed up I got this after seeing claims it will run everything in the van.... I could not believe it this not only ran the aircon but I could also run my battery charger and microwave all at once I can not describe how happy I am with the unit.

Purchased in February 2020 at Itechworld .

Best generator

I am very pleased with my 5kva Redback generator.
    Excellent starter.
    Capable of running air con and microwave at the same time in my Jaco Heritage caravan.Unknowingly I also had the electric hot water running at the same times the generator was working fairly hard and showing an output of4 kw.When I turned the hot water it handled the other two easily.
    I believe the Redback to be a very good generator at a very reasonable price.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,899.

Rozo
    Rozo

Run away

Generator warranty has a lot of fine print re onerous service schedules having to be adhered to, being used on hard surfaces only ( not easy to find when camping ) and 5kva really 3.6. Our remote died straight away and machine now dead probably because of no hard surfaces to put machine on. Poorly designed if it can't cope with what would normally be expected of any other generator. Stretching the truth with size also not a great look. Cheap price about right for quality. Just don't expect anything more.

Purchased in September 2019 at Itech world for $1,499.

CorrinPeel, WA

Warning

Beware that this generator draws cooling air from underneath. If it ever stands on Kimberley dust, as mine did once, it will suck dust in and ruin it within minutes.

Purchased in April 2018 at I Tech World Riversale WA.

James M.Redback GeneratorsSend a private message

Thank you for your review. We are sorry its not a positive one.

It is stated clearly several times in your instruction manual to use The Redback RB4 on a hard surface away from dust and sand.

Reliability problems

Received the generator promptly after 5 days it began blowing fuses and remote would only work from about 7 meters
    Sent it back to Itechworld received it back all items fixed we then had a 37 degree day and the generator stopped and refused to start until the next morning have been in contact both by email and phone but not getting any support from Itechworld the generator is just under 2 months old

Purchased in August 2019 for $1,599.

James M.Redback GeneratorsSend a private message

Thank you for your review. We are sorry its not a positive one.

If you have any issues please contact us for support.

Butcher
    ButcherPerth

4 Days delivery time - Extremely Quiet

I got my Redback 4 days after I ordered it. From Perth to Cairns I think that’s extremely impressive!
    We are very impressed with this genny, it runs extremely quiet, powers the air con and also powers the coffee machine.
    She really is a great piece of kit, I have taken it on several trips now and everyone at the caravan parks I’ve been too have commented on how quiet it runs. I think I may have even sold a few by singing it’s praises so much......I wonder if I can get commission lol.
    Best thing about it is the 5 year warranty, peace of mind.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Rick H.asked

Hi Guys, had my redback 5kva for a couple of years now. never been an easy start from day 1 but i do get it going. recently it has stated to run run rough & is always HUNTING for fuel i think.good fuel, oil good, new filter. need to run half choke to get it to run anywhere near smooth. been a disappointment from day 1. what say the experts ?

Rick H.

Hi ya , mine has always been on a large piece of ply when camping so not the problem i think . thanks for your input.

Graeme B.
    Graeme B.asked

Have bought iteck 25AH 300W Portable power station and have found it does the job beautifly. Am about to buy a genorator to run the air con on my small van , was told a 2.2 kv would do the job, I have a good outcome with honda products , motor cars & bikes but at half the price and with a limited budget (on the pension) am truly tempted.

Adrian Y.

Don't do it .go with Honda or something that can be serviced locally to wherever you'll be .2 many problems to say

James M.Redback GeneratorsSend a private message

Thanks for your consideration Graeme, the RB2 will be more than capable of doing the job you require!

Chris D
    Chris Dasked

Hi. I’ve just started using my Redback to run my aircon in my van. It starts off ok and runs for about 20 mins no problem and the geni does not sound overloaded in any way. After about 20mins I lose power in the van but the geni is still running. There are no circuit breaker trips in the van and I am only using the aircon so the hot water system is switched off and running no other devises. If I turn the geni off and wait 30 seconds and turn it on again everything works again for about 20 mins. I’m using a 15amp power lead that works totally fine when plugged into caravan park power.
    Any ideas???

James M.Redback GeneratorsSend a private message

Please call 08 9472 7200 for technical assistance.

Get an answer from our members and Redback Generators representatives