Redback RB4

3.8

Steve

StevePerth, WA

very unreliable

Purchased at iTechworld for A$1,899.00.

To good

Owned this power plant for a couple of years now it’s powered me through the centre and up the top very easy unit to maintain thumbs up if I could say one thing I wish I had this 10 years ago

Purchased in February 2018 at Itechworld for A$1,899.00.

Spokesy

SpokesySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Upgrade

My Honda EU22i was recalled due to a fire risk. I have stood by Honda for almost 3 decades and always considered my self a “Honda Man”. Not anymore! They offered me a replacement, I politely declined. I took the refund.

I have had my eyes on my neighbours RB4 for a while, I couldn’t believe the things he could power in his van all at once.

I phoned Itech talked to the boys and four days later the RB4 turned up at my front door in New South Wales. Incredible service from iTech.

The RB4 powers everything in my van at once, the old Honda had no chance of that. It was struggling to keep up with the AC.

I now consider myself a “Redback Man”.

Purchased for A$1,699.00.

Ivan

IvanPerth, WA

Did what it said

Got the generator for my fifth wheeler ran my aircon did what I was told it would do. Thumbs up great little genny. Would recommend highly great that it’s black as well.

Purchased in February 2018 for A$1,899.00.

Can not fault

Purchased this unit in 2017 have used the power plant to go around Australia multiple times . Ran the unit to run my aircon microwave and battery chargers has never let me down if there was a bad thing I could think of I honestly could not tell you has stood up well against the test of time

Purchased in November 2017 at itechworld for A$1,499.00.

Pfows

PfowsGoldfields, WA

Best generator

Got this generator for a back up I’m in Kalgoorlie and we get more blackouts then anyone I believe in Australia have no issues running my fridge and deep chest freezer my son borrowed it for his caravan and he bought one and is more then happy. Quiet compact and POWERFUL .

Purchased in October 2018 at Itechworld for A$1,899.00.

Could not believe this ran everything in the van

I bought this generator after seeing one in Broome. I currently own a Spinifex epex which has an ibis 3 aircon I recently had a Honda 2 but it packed up I got this after seeing claims it will run everything in the van.... I could not believe it this not only ran the aircon but I could also run my battery charger and microwave all at once I can not describe how happy I am with the unit.

Purchased in February 2020 at Itechworld .

Best generator

I am very pleased with my 5kva Redback generator.
Excellent starter.
Capable of running air con and microwave at the same time in my Jaco Heritage caravan.Unknowingly I also had the electric hot water running at the same times the generator was working fairly hard and showing an output of4 kw.When I turned the hot water it handled the other two easily.
I believe the Redback to be a very good generator at a very reasonable price.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$1,899.00.

Run away

Generator warranty has a lot of fine print re onerous service schedules having to be adhered to, being used on hard surfaces only ( not easy to find when camping ) and 5kva really 3.6. Our remote died straight away and machine now dead probably because of no hard surfaces to put machine on. Poorly designed if it can't cope with what would normally be expected of any other generator. Stretching the truth with size also not a great look. Cheap price about right for quality. Just don't expect anything more.

Purchased in September 2019 at Itech world for A$1,499.00.

CorrinPeel, WA

Warning

Beware that this generator draws cooling air from underneath. If it ever stands on Kimberley dust, as mine did once, it will suck dust in and ruin it within minutes.

Purchased in April 2018 at I Tech World Riversale WA.

James M.Redback Generators

Thank you for your review. We are sorry its not a positive one.

It is stated clearly several times in your instruction manual to use The Redback RB4 on a hard surface away from dust and sand.

Reliability problems

Received the generator promptly after 5 days it began blowing fuses and remote would only work from about 7 meters
Sent it back to Itechworld received it back all items fixed we then had a 37 degree day and the generator stopped and refused to start until the next morning have been in contact both by email and phone but not getting any support from Itechworld the generator is just under 2 months old

Purchased in August 2019 for A$1,599.00.

James M.Redback Generators

Thank you for your review. We are sorry its not a positive one.

If you have any issues please contact us for support.

Butcher

ButcherPerth

4 Days delivery time - Extremely Quiet

I got my Redback 4 days after I ordered it. From Perth to Cairns I think that’s extremely impressive!
We are very impressed with this genny, it runs extremely quiet, powers the air con and also powers the coffee machine.
She really is a great piece of kit, I have taken it on several trips now and everyone at the caravan parks I’ve been too have commented on how quiet it runs. I think I may have even sold a few by singing it’s praises so much......I wonder if I can get commission lol.
Best thing about it is the 5 year warranty, peace of mind.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
DougS

DougSWaikiki

Good unit....once i completed my modifications

Handles the load of the caravan easily, AC, Microwave, Kettle, TV and lights. When its getting closer to full load
I noticed it vibrated more and got noisier. On closer inspection i realised that most of the extra noise was coming from the under carriage - wheels and pull out handle assembly. I completely removed the wheels and the pull out handle and noticed that the noise level dropped considerably. The remote control is an excellent feature, it means my wife can start the generator up with no stress attached. Happy wife, happy life.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Willandra

WillandraBemboka

It is not quiet under load

I bought this because my old 8 KVA generator is too noisy. But under load, this is only 2dB quieter - barely noticeable. I do have a sound level meter. The RB4 is quiet with no load, but as soon as you load it, it roars. The distributor invited me to do a review, but they refused to publish it - maybe that is why they only have great reviews on their site. I also note that their 3 year warranty is void unless serviced by an authorised rep, although they sell kits so you can do your own service - if you don't mind losing your warranty.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Colin

ColinPerth

Redback RB4 on yacht

Date PurchasedJul 2018

HansG

HansGPerth

Generator review

Yes I read the promotional material and I bought into their marketing. Hoping it would do half the things it was advertised to do. Well, I was shocked but in a good way. Very happy with this little generator. I used it on a trip to Broome recently and it ran my whole caravan. Very happy. Would recommend to others.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

REDBACK

The Redback was advertised in my caravan members magazine (CMCA) I called iTechworld and found them very easy to deal with. The generator was delivered from Perth to country QLD in 5 days. The overall feel and presentation of the product is excellent. It runs the Ac in my caravan with minimum effort and the noise level has been acceptable with no complaints to date. I got 10 hours run time out of a full tank which I believe is very economical. So far so good. Very happy.

Date PurchasedApr 2018