3RedGum GX200

T..D
T..D

KeithGeelong4 posts

Redgum Chipper shredder

I purchased a chipper shredder with the GX200 Honda engine. There is definitely a technique involved, however once the machine had a few hours of operation, it seem to be a lot smoother and had plenty of power. I guess the engine needed a little "running in". It is not a fast machine, however i seem to find using it is somehow "de- stressing". Overall very happy with the machine. Very happy with the service from the vendor. Torquepower in Wendouree Vic.

Bear
BearGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Powerfull

I would highly recommend this machine for power and reliability, however I have discovered it's weak point, after splitting numerous tons of timber the cast at the end of the ram failed and the ram at the base has slightly bent. I'm hoping I can make some sort of connection my self as removing the ram I think will be a big job?

AlbertSol
AlbertSolGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC19 posts

Great Product with Excellent Honda Commercial Engine

I bought the Redgum GX200 and wasn't sure if 5.5HP would be enough, but after mulching and chipping for two days straight, I couldn't be happier. Well designed - sturdy - and safe. It is belt driven which minimises any load impact on the engine. Great machine - Highly recommended.

Mr Grumpy
Mr GrumpyMelbourne5 posts

Just Me
Just MeEarth11 posts

Hayley
HayleyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC6 posts

Waste of money!

Got 5 hours use before blades were terrible and not sucking branches through. Taken it back to shop 3 times in 3 days each time the said gunk in blades just needed to clean up blades. Next time the reversed blades and now its back at shop waiting on replacement blades.... I want a refund!

chicko
chickoNorthern Region, NSW29 posts

Craig G.
Craig G.

I have a RedGum GX200 and am finding the mulch comes out finer than I'd like. Can anyone advise how to adjust the blades to produce coarser mulch?

I would like to know whether this machine produces 'mulch' ? Thank you

Mat V
Mat V

I’ve had mine for a couple of years and it’s been great. Now all of a sudden the blades don’t seem to want to cut. I sharpen them the way I’ve done before. But still no joy. I’m reading more about mixing green and dry wood. Is this the problem?

Extra Information