RedGum GX200

RedGum GX200

4.1

Reasonable for domestic back yard use.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

KeithGeelong

Redgum Chipper shredder.

I purchased a chipper shredder with the GX200 Honda engine. There is definitely a technique involved, however once the machine had a few hours of operation, it seem to be a lot smoother and had plenty of power. I guess the engine needed a little "running in". It is not a fast machine, however i seem to find using it is somehow "de- stressing". Overall very happy with the machine. Very happy with the service from the vendor. Torquepower in Wendouree Vic.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
    Bear

BearMy Eliza

Powerfull

I would highly recommend this machine for power and reliability, however I have discovered it's weak point, after splitting numerous tons of timber the cast at the end of the ram failed and the ram at the base has slightly bent. I'm hoping I can make some sort of connection my self as removing the ram I think will be a big job?

Date PurchasedMay 2015
    Garden Shredders

Find out how RedGum GX200 compares to other Garden Shredders

AlbertSol

AlbertSolGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Product with Excellent Honda Commercial Engine

I bought the Redgum GX200 and wasn't sure if 5.5HP would be enough, but after mulching and chipping for two days straight, I couldn't be happier. Well designed - sturdy - and safe. It is belt driven which minimises any load impact on the engine. Great machine - Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Date PurchasedJan 2013
    Hayley

HayleyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Waste of money!

Got 5 hours use before blades were terrible and not sucking branches through. Taken it back to shop 3 times in 3 days each time the said gunk in blades just needed to clean up blades. Next time the reversed blades and now its back at shop waiting on replacement blades.... I want a refund!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

chickoNorthern Region, NSW

Should have spent the money many years earlier.

chicko

Hello! You have pictured a chipper not the log splitter.

chicko

Correction please: My review was for a Log Splitter. NOT A CHIPPER!

Mat V

Mat Vasked

I’ve had mine for a couple of years and it’s been great. Now all of a sudden the blades don’t seem to want to cut. I sharpen them the way I’ve done before. But still no joy. I’m reading more about mixing green and dry wood. Is this the problem?

Keith

Hi Mat, I'm assuming that you are talking about the chipping blades. I had my blades sharpened at a blade sharpening business and if anything, they were too sharp. I found that using a bench grinder and a straight edge works better. I found that the machine has little to no problems with green and can struggle with dry wood. having said that, I usually don't chip anything bigger than 25 mm, I use that size wood as kindling wood. I have herd from other machine owner's that letting fresh cut timber, especially green leaves, sit for a few days will produces better results. Cheers.