Rheem Continuous Flow

24 (871624), 871024, 875024, etc...
See the Best Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Rheem

• Smells of GasYes (2) · No (6)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
capriciousone
capriciousoneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rheem Pronto 16L

Purchased in August 2020.

DaneG

Poor operation, really bad service, lazy technician

Unit would work one day, then not the next. Rheem service were hopeless. Technician called and told me to try things to avoid turning up. Bought another brand. Don’t bother.

Purchased in December 2012.

OddsBodkinsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't waste your money.

Takes 5 -15 mins to ignite, temperature fluctuates. If you adjust the water heat or pressure it cuts out and won't relight. Have had Rheem technician out, and it still won't work. Needs a stupendous amount of water to keep it alight (our water use has tripled since the Rheem pronto was installed) Service person advises to take the flow limiter out of our water wise shower head! Definately DO NOT buy this water heater if you don't want to waste water and time.

Purchased in July 2020 for $1,000.00.

Call a Spade a Spade
Call a Spade a Spade Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Frustrated and disappointed

I purchased our Rheem 24 Metro was fitted August 2017 only 3 and a half years ago. It has not worked properly for 1.5 years. i would turn shower on and no water at all from hot tap.
AFTER THIS Rheem sent a tech out and he fitted a 500kp pressure reducer valve before unit and we started getting hot water but next day had to get another tech because it was going hot then cold in shower. he said he needed to remove water savers from shower heads.
So OK KNOWN problem now fixed.
NB new houses built in SA have a pressure reducer valve fitted in build.

Purchased in August 2017.

Smells of GasNo
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Rheem Continuous Flow compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Srikanth N.
Srikanth N.Sydney, NSW

Waste of water

Tales for ever for hot water to flow, wasting valuable resources. Known issue?

Inherited the unit when I bought the house 3 years ago. I am now being suggested water heaters with heat pump technology is the way to go.

Household Size 3 person(s)
TimPerth, WA

Water wasting gyro unit

Purchased and installed mid June 2019
This unit has a gyro which generates power to light the pilot.
Can take over 5 minutes to light and even then if you turn off the tap it can take just as long to reignite.
I know this is designed to reduce green house gas emission by not having pilot on continuous however the way this unit behaves we will be draining our water reserves.
Called today to place a warranty claim and was given some story of needing my credit card details prior to visiting due to COVID 19.
Don’t know how they can charge Labour on a 12 month old unit?
Certainly the Rheem Pronto 12 is a unit to stay away from.
Them

Purchased in June 2019.

Tim

Thankfully the problem sorted and rectified today under warranty with only a little hiccup on the admin side.
Thanks Rheem.

mr kerry locking
mr kerry lockingadelaide s.a.

rheem hot water continues flow

HI Our RHEEM continues flow hot water service is a REALLY GREAT HOT WATER SYSTEM we bought it on the 5/6/2017 & have never had 1 day of trouble COMPARED to our BOSCH which was pure HELL no other word for it. Copes well under high demand & definitely no WATER FLUCUATION its a RIPPER. Mr Kerry Locking. I WOULD GIVE THIS HEATER % STARS.

Purchased in June 2017 for $1,166.00.

Smells of GasNo
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
mapman
mapmanPerth, WA

Nice and warm

I recently had issues with my Rheem Pronto 12 so I had it replaced with a Rheem 12. Great decision because it works perfectly. My other Rheem kept having issues but Rheem support did their best to help me out at all times but it was more plumbing related that it didn't last all that long. Very happy with the new unit.

Purchased in June 2019 for $1,200.00.

Chris O
Chris OSydney, NSW

A terrible buzzing sound terrible service since January still not fixed in August

Purchased in October 2016.

Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Bipolar works when it wants to

Unit is 5 years old
Works when it wants to
Error 11 code keeps showing
Contacted Rheem on 4 occasions
To no help at all send technician no one shows
Just going to change to a Rinnai
Must be a problem unit if other people showing up with same codes

Purchased in January 2014.

Rheem A.Rheem

Every 3-4 months or so I get the same issue.

Please ban Rheem from answering questions in this forum... No hot water and the temp of the (cold) water flashes up instead of the preset temperature. Last time I called Rheem, they got a plumber out and it miraculously started working as he arrived. He still did some "troubleshooting" for 45min which cost me dearly. Should I reset? Turn on the water with the terminal turned off?

Purchased in January 2013.

Luke S
Luke S

I resolved the situation by turning off the system at the power supply and leaving it for 5min. That seemed to get the pilot light on again...

Rheem Electronic Continuous Flow Gas Water Heater 20L

Hi...
Our hot water system not working since 1and half months even after the visit by plumbers advised for the whole unit change for the amount of $1400 after discount due service delay. Please advise if it is so expensive.?

Purchased in January 2010.

Rheem A.Rheem

Thank you for your feedback. In regards to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly.

Tony B
Tony BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No one knows how to fix the Rheem 16

Runs off bottle gas, 8 years old. We have to turn water on/off dozen times before it starts. Plumbers don't know how to fix it. Anyone know how to fix ?

Purchased in May 2011 for $850.00.

jack
jackTerang

Useless piece of junk

This system wont work in the daytime when the sun shines on it. I can't find a plumber who has any clue how to fix it. I would love to know the secret for why this fault exists. I have replaced the power point outside and the gas pressure has been increased but still no luck and no hot water unless its dark outside.

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Big Al
Big AlOmeo

Cold showers guaranteed

I had a continuous flow installed in beach house, average in terms of reliability but thought I’d update the copper at farm and have had nothing but trouble. Takes at least 2 minutes to start heating, very unreliable, farm is in alpine region so walking out to reset not much fun in sub zero temperatures. This unit has barely been used however has been nothing but trouble since installed and rheem dont stand by products. Avoid, avoid, avoid!

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Pauline L.
Pauline L.asked
Continuous Flow

i think the pilot light went out. How do I fix it

Dear Pauline .
Thank you for your enquiry. In regards to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31 due to the technical information required.
Our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Kind Regards
Rheem Australia

Coreyasked
Continuous Flow 27 (876627)

I purchased a home three years ago and was told the hot water system was new.
It’s a Rheem 27 continuous flow and has now stopped working and shows error code 11.
I call a local plumber and he has informed me that this model is now obsolete and have a bad reputation and parts are hard to get and not reliable or worth fixing.
What warranty does Rheem provide ?
I was advised to purchase a brand new Rheem 26 and told that is a more reliable and better built system. I’m from Wagga Wagga NSW.

OddsBodkins

Your plumber is right about rheem not being reliable or worth fixing. Save yourself a headache and buy a new HWS made by anyone other than Rheem. Currently fighting with a Rheem gas HWS that stopped working properly after a few months and rheems tech couldn't fix. It's about a year old now and alternately scalds and freezes. Our water consumption has tripled since installing the rheem, as it won't work at all unless the water gushes at top volume. They're cheaper for a reason, and the daily agro is just not worth it.

Corey

Thanks for your input. What system would you recommend??
I did call Rheem and my system is out of warranty so they said they would send someone out to provide a free quote to replace unit. A few hours later they called back to inform me I’m not in an area they service. Largest inland city Wagga Wagga. I did provide my details and address when I called the first time. I have now been provided another plumbers phone number from Rheem which just goes to message bank. Not fun when things break on a Sunday and you have five children at home.

DaneG

Steer clear of Rheem. They are bloody hopeless.
I did some research on these units. The new DUX condensing units are good. They are Japanese made which in my mind is a big plus. I’ve installed two of these, one is the condensing unit which uses the waste heat from the exhaust outlet as a preheat for the cold water as well as the main heat exchanger. This equates to a much more efficient water heater. It’s also the 60deg model, fantastic.
Simple to install as the pipe work from the Rheem to the DUX is almost identical. Be aware though, the condensing unit requires a drain hose to drain away condensation from the waste heat exchanger. I simply plumbed mine with flexible hose to a nearby drain, or you could run it onto the ground. Not a lot of condensation drips out.

The other DUX unit I bought was a standard non-condensing unit for our granny flat. It’s excellent as well. Super hot and very efficient.

Good luck

Xiaobing M.
Xiaobing M.asked
Continuous Flow

recently Rheem metro26 continuous hot water Max installed to my house. I accidentally found that the gas meter is moving very slowly when there is no hot water or other gas being used. I googled apparently some gas hot water system has a pilot light that is constantly using little gas. Is it true to Rheem metro26 continuous hot water Max ? If it is true I will stop worrying if there is any gas leaking in the house. With thanks.

See all Rheem Continuous Flow questions

Get an answer from our members and Rheem representatives

Compare all 22 Rheem Continuous Flow
CategoryGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water Systems
Price (RRP)7998191287