2.0

Jason BPakenham6 posts
WALTER
WALTERSydney, NSW8 posts

Stopped working within 3 years after installation

Rheem Metro 26 Max was installed by builder as a new home and land package.
Currently there system has completely stopped working . No water flow, no power display on unit. Show details
Brian
BrianPerth, WA2 posts
Joe Pablo
Joe Pablo2 posts
  871E26

Repeated error codes after three months

After two months of use, the unit started repeatedly showing error code 76 and not producing hot water. It could be cleared by turning the unit off but the problem would return within a day. The plumber who installed it advised that he also had this problem on his own unit and on others. Rheem technician came out promptly and added a ?chip to hopefully fix the problem which was good.
However, my issue is that Rheem should not be selling a product with what would seem to be a known issue. This unit is being sold widely including at Bunnings. Not really fair for the unsuspecting buyer. Show details
Rabbit
RabbitMurrumbidgee Region, NSW16 posts
Wun
WunPerth, WA
  875E24

Not happy with this product

It broke down under 5 years. I emailed Rheem. No warranty cover at all. They sent me a service man to check. There is nothing he can do. I was asked to get a new HWU. Show details
Triphamk2
Triphamk2Perth, WA10 posts
  874E16

A faultless system

It comes with the house and land packaging. We have a little worry about it at first after seeing too many negative comments here, but to be honest the system runs so fine, hot water run so smooth when activated. The only issue is we have to wait more than 20s to get the first hot water in the bathroom’s sink in the morning, we don’t have to wait that much after that but we wish to change it to a little sooner. Anyone knows how please let us know. Otherwise, it’s a good system to go. Show details ·  1
Brisbane Plumbing a.
Heating Speed
James I
James ISydney6 posts

Sold a pup!

Similar experience to prior reviews. Since installing this unit the water pressure drops to nearly nothing for 20-30 seconds then dribbles at Luke warm and eventually gets hot. The plumber who sold it was pushy. The next plumber who came in said it had an issue. I called Rheem and the guy came and said that was normal!! It is not normal to spend $1500 on a heater that doesn’t heat and reduces water pressure. Want to return this for a refund please Raheem!

875E26

Unable to contact a representative

Firstly, the response received does not have an email address to make contact with Rheem.

Secondly, for what reason do I require Facebook. Here’s my phone number to ensure a simpler response from a Rheem customer representative- 0414136333- My email- seanmould.yahoo.com.au

This is a disgrace at the highest level.. The description of this product is nothing but LIES, there has been deliberately no disclosure on the products limitations..

I’m in the process of accumulating enough signatures, written complaints and testimonies from disgruntled customers all of whom have experienced same and similar..

I will be posting negativities regard this product to social media.

Duran
Duran

Not happy

Very disappointed with this unit

Just ran out of warranty. Called Rheem service they charged me call out fee and and still problem wasn’t fixed . Called Rheem again to check they never got back to me. Being a builder not buying this product and recommending it to anyone. Says 10 years warranty

SeanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts
Digger
DiggerSouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts
  871E24

Not happy about not having any hot water during power outage

We recently had a Power Outage and had no Hot Water. These new Systems are not good at these times. As the system runs off an electric Pilot system it stops Gas being provided for Appliances. I couldn't even use the Stove as all gas seems to run through this.Is there another way it works when Power goes out.

LMM
LMM · Metro

Model 876T26PF-A - no error code, works fine at the sink and hand basins, but has stopped consistent hot flow to showers.
Nothing in the household or fittings has changed (that is, nothing has changed to the water flow rate anywhere) I can’t identify a possible reason.

Rheem   DM

Dear LMM Thank you for your enquiry. In regard to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Kind Regards
Rheem Australia

David C.
David C. · Metro 871E26 (Max)

Error code C4 ,

Rheem   DM

Dear David C. Thank you for your enquiry. In regard to your question, we highly recommend that you contact our customer service on 13 10 31, our customer service team will be able to advise accordingly

Kind Regards
Rheem Australia

Razz
Razz · Metro

I am just getting this particular model installed today and reading all the feedback, I am worried to death about how it's going to perform? Isn't the idea behind a 'continuous' is high flow hot all the time? I will be testing your thing out and if not happy, you will find yourselves in hotwater.