Ring Video DoorBell

Ring Video DoorBell

MPN: 8VR1S5-VAU0

Rubbish!!!

Could not even connect it to my phone and the "help" on the 1300 number was of no help at all. Do not buy this item, it is rubbish. If I could give it less than one star, I would. I returned it to the store I purchased it from the day after.

Purchased in May 2019 for $198.00.

Reason for only 1 year warranty

Worked well at start but then issues arose. Wifi connectivity problems even with Chime Pro, screws strip out really quickly (has to be removed to recharge), unit not weather proof as they claim - died after 2 years of use. Obviously why only 1 year warranty. Don’t recommend. Customer service non existent. Probably ok if small property with installation undercover and router nearby.

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $298.00.

Buyer beware

Bought this product in good faith from Curry's. At no point did they say there was a monthly charge! Plus by the time the bell rings and phone connects too late!

Purchased in April 2019 at Currys for $203.99.

modern doorbell

Our doorbell the Ring video doorbell 2 is under the porch at the front door, easy to setup but I had to try to connect to the WiFi a couple of times.
The laptop you're using with the Ring app, displays a picture of anyone approaching the front door, and tinkles, my iPhone X tinkles too, and a notification comes down, you have to open the iPhone opens when you press the notification with facial recognition. At night it’s a black and white video and during the day it's a good colour video slightly fish eye.
I've the chime as well, with the wifi there is a delay of around 3 secs before the chime rings after the doorbell is pressed.
With the doorbell comes a months free cloud storage plan, which you need otherwise it's really useless as a security camera as you've no saved videos of any intruder. The plan is au$4 a month, I've gone for the better cloud monitored system that's au$150 a year and includes all the Rings security cameras and doorbells on the property.
Sometimes the wifi connection installed drops out and you can't watch a live view, not so often, but as someone approaches the door the motion sensor always kicks it back in again.
As well as viewing you can also talk through your computer, iPad, iPhone to anyone at the door.
If in a café your iPhone will tinkle and you can look who's at the door, if at home, unless you're not safe or in a back room it's better to open the door.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $249.00.

Motion Detection
You can also talk to and listen through the Ring Doorbell.

Ring Rip off

I purchased the standard doorbell 6 months ago. It kept its charge for the first month, then i had to charge it every two days which is a real pain. It also has no volume, to the point where i would answer it and could the guy standing in the video frame but no sound other than white noise. When i asked for a refund they totally refused and tried to sell me an upgrade!!! WTH.... There are other Doorbells out in the market that will work better and have a customer service that looks after their customers rather than try to rip them off further. Do not buy one these as it will work for a month, without sound, then you will have to charge it every two or so days!!!

Purchased in November 2018 for $170.00.

Motion Detection

Great idea, too slow to be useful

The Ring doorbell is too slow to be usable. It does what it is supposed, but by the time I receive a notification that someone is at the door, they have usually already left before I get to the door or the app opens to use the talk feature. I have missed several deliveries for this reason and had to go to the post office or courier depot to pick them up.

We have 100mbps NBN internet with multiple wifi routers in our house, one being less than 5 meters from the Ring doorbell so it is unlikely there is an issue with our connection.

The design is solid and waterproof, but the battery doesn’t last very long considering how big the unit is, even with motion detection turned off.

Purchased in November 2018 at Officeworks for $139.00.

It was great! For a while

I've had the Ring Doorbell for a while now and until recently it worked pretty well. I mainly use it to be notified if someone comes to the door and to record who it was and it does this fine. The two way video, however, really struggles. Even with 100mb/40mbs Internet, it doesn't cope. Recently though the unit just stops working. It not longer alerts and it drops off the network frequently. I re-charge, it , reset it completely, and this usually fixes it for a day or so, then it stops working. Now even a reset won't fix it so it has to go in the bin. I contacted support about it and they never got back to me. Now trying to find another brand that does the job.

Purchased in January 2018.

fake price

I subcribed a $30 plan on the 6 april and my card has been charged $43.55 I sent 2 messages for to know why without any answers...It is not fair to propose a price and charge more without the customer consentment , but for to send junk mail they know your email address very well I receive one each day and I never asked to receive the offers or newsletter I didn't recomend them at all

Purchased in April 2019.

Very disappointing

Purchased this on the weekend on a whim thinking it would be a handy device to monitor visitors. The problems started right from setting up an account - the app would not allow me to enter address details then later my phone repeatedly would not join the ring network on wifi. Tried the suggested resets etc without success and finally decided wasting more precious weekend hours was not worth it. Only discovered a subscription fee was required after reading other negative online comments - cleverly not mentioned at point of sale. Returning ASAP.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $139.00.

Appalling Hardware and Software

Stay away. The doorbell WILL disconnect from your wifi, it then will REFUSE to reconnect and you MAY get lucky and it reconnects. It will simply fail and you get a useless troubleshoot that simply tells you YOU and YOUR wifi are at fault. I have 15 wifi devices on my network and they DONT have ANY to issues connecting and staying connected. and the ring chime - is EVEN WORSE, it now can NOT see my wifi, BUT it can see my neighbours, this is after randomly disconnecting from the network. And you HAVE to PAY $42AUD annual to use it.

Purchased in December 2018 for $450.00.

Motion Detection

Door bell connectivity is hit and miss

This product is not worth the money. Connectivity via phone is hit n miss.

Sometimes notifies you some one is at the door after after they have gone home.

Battery only lasts about a month so get a spare.

Over all your better off getting a simple door bell and not wasting your money.

Dishonest conduct!!!!

Having purchased the product all worked well once I bought the additional door chime to enable us to hear the doorbell in the house. My issues started once the one month trail period expired. I understood the concept that I would not be able to save any activity on the cloud once the trial period was over. What I didn't count on was the supplier preventing me from answering my doorbell remotely by injecting a constant reminder to subscribe to the cload that won't stop reappearing until it's to late to answer the doorbell. This is done deliberately to force the user to subscribe to a service they don't want. Commercial blackmail.

not tamper proof doorbell unit

i bought this system an in one day had to reset it my main issue is the unit is definitely not tamper proof the screws underneath are exposed and do not sit inside unit so as to not been as noticeable anyone with descent pliers could easily remove the screws come on surely this would have been seen in design

Hi Seano, Ring doorbells are screwed into a mounting bracket and anchored to the wall so it can’t be easily removed. If it does get stolen, the doorbell will capture a video of the incident, which you can use to file a police report and we will replace it for you. The following article will tell you what to do if your Ring device is stolen: https://bit.ly/2wny9zb Bilan J., Customer Satisfaction Specialist Bilan.jenkins@ring.com

Terrible Product

Have to constantly reset and reconnect to wifi, unreliable, laggy, terrible motion sensor and the support for this product may as well not be there. I am going back to a conventional door bell whilst I look for another product.

Hi JRO, I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience but I'd like to connect with you today to provide additional options for you with the hope that you'll remain in our Ring family. I'd like to also investigate your past CS tickets to learn more about the issues you encountered. Would you reach me at Bilan.jenkins@ring.com? Bilan J., Customer Satisfaction SpecialistI am sorry but after trying so many times I have removed the doorbell and got my money back, I will never try these products again nor can I recommend it to anyone!

Really really useful- thanks the inventor !!

Real product, I get alerted with all motions and I often talk to people front of my door when I’m away - when I saw the ad I wasn’t keen but since I use it I’m very keen to keep it going

Special thank to the inventor

Zach

Terrible performance as a doorbell

The Ring Doorbell is great if you want to record people leaving your front door or if you want to record any kind of insignificant motion in front of your door. The motion sensor seems to trigger when wind blows in the tree in front of my house but for some reason doesn't trigger when a person walks up in front of it...

The time between someone ringing the doorbell and the time you get the notification is way too long, then add the time it takes for the app to start up and show you the video feed is even longer. Using this as a doorbell is simply not feasible and all you will end up with is paying $30 per year of recordings of people walking away from your front door. It's great if that's what you are into, I find it pretty useless.

Do not buy RING products

Not recommended. The system works ok most of the time. I don't recommend the product because I was promised that Homekit support would be available for the RING products I purchased but having messaged their support chat today it would appear thats not going to be the case at all. They are lying to get sales. Customer support via social media doesn't exist - all you get is crickets and their customer support chat via the website is terrible.

Hi Peter, Our top priority at Ring is to ensure that our neighbors have the best possible experience with our products, and sometimes that causes shifts in when certain features will be available. We are as eager to bring you HomeKit compatibility and other exciting integrations as you are, and will share more information on timing as soon as we have it. Will you kindly email me at Bilan.jenkins@ring.com so that I can further address any concerns you have and learn more about your interaction with our CS team? Thank you, Bilan J, Customer Satisfaction SpecialistHi Bilan, This isn't about a shift - this is about deception and the business you work for has been caught doing exactly that - lying to customers to secure sales. I sent James (Customer Outreach) providing details of my conversation with customer support where they have advised me that it is possible your products will NEVER be updated to include support for HomeKit. I will forward that email to you now. Regards, PeterBilan, I sent you an email 18 days ago and have not received a response from you. "Our top priority at Ring is to ensure that our neighbors have the best possible experience with our products" - well that's a lie too isn't it.

Inconsistent motion sensor

We set this up between our front door and the garage and every motion from the street (about 5 meters away) gets picked up even after adjusting the sensitivity, when we drive into our garage, it doesn't trigger the motion sensor (not sure if it is a good thing or not).

I like the way the video recording gets saved and can be accessed from anywhere (with subscription - first month is free)

Poor design

I had 100% wifi coverage at the ring 2. The health icon said I had poor coverage. Had to spend $50 more for a ring wifi extender to get it to work properly. Got the impression it was designed that way to get you to buy another ring product

Customer service is the worst I have ever experienced

Not only are the products themselves very choppy and laggy despite having 100MB internet and a rock solid wireless mesh, but issues associated with my protect plus account have been unresolved after 1 online chat ( not followed up as promised) and 3 calls to the US which have resulted in over 1 hour of lost time with no result. In one instance a call was dropped whilst on hold and no attempt to call me back even though they had taken and verified my phone number. Had to repeat the issue over and over (at least 5 times) and ultimately jump through their asinine hoops before proving the issue was with them and not my web browser. Would not recommend.

Hi Grobolo Salamanca, It is extremely important that our neighbors have the best possible experience with our products and our CS agents. I'd like to review your CS tickets and ensure that any concerns you have are resolved. Please email me directly: Bilan.jenkins@ring.com Thank you, Bilan J, Customer Satisfaction SpecialistFixed account issue after just 2 whole weeks. Awesome experience - not!

My doorbell says "Your videos are ot being saved" so it will not let me view anything. Do I have to pay for a subscription?

Thanks for all the reviews, they definitely put me off buying one,

We purchased Ring video doorbell, for our small business where we also happen to reside. I'm not so worried about the video aspect, as I have cameras already installed. Our issue is we have 2 people , with 2 phones and 2 wi fi networks. q1) Can 2 people use the 1 doorbell 2) If the 1st person creates an account , should they send an invite to the 2nd user , or can the 2nd user still open their own account? 3) Can 1st user be on a different wifi network than 2nd user, or should we both use the same network? we have 2 networks , Home & office , as we use wireless router from the office to use at the house . I hope that makes sense. I tried sending an email request to user 2 but it asked me to set up and add a device again and again, we must be doing something wrong
You need to individually install the Ring App and scan the QR code at the back of the Ring Doorbell onto each phone you want to use to interact with the doorbell. The Wifi networks you are using has nothing to do with it. You could (in theory) install the Ring App on your phone/s, scan the QR code from the doorbell, then use that phone/s to answer the doorbell from anywhere in the world, so long as that phone/s is/are connected to the Internet. This presumes of course that the Ring Doorbell is connected to a Wifi network that is connected to the Internet as well. I say in theory because in practice the Ring Door Bell system is not very good in my experience. You could try calling their help desk to see if they can provide assistance.Around_here, thank you for your reply, yes have done all you have suggested , before I posted the question. I was the first one to create an account and downloaded the app to my phone #1 and it worked , then my husband did the same on his phone #2, and it worked , however , my phone didn’t , I scanned the QR code for the 2nd time and it worked , but then my husbands phone didn’t , so on and so forth. I will try Ring support. Thanks again.

Video DoorBell