Ring Video DoorBell

Ring Video DoorBell

MPN: 8VR1S5-VAU0

See the Best Door Security in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dean T

Dean TCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

POS - Do not waste your money.

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman for $200.00.

Boops

BoopsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

How this is totally useless product is legal to sell in Australia Bewilders me!

Bunnings Used to be a fantastic store they couldn't have praised this product to me anymore :( Australia is where all the millions of crappy products come now. #LimaDeclaration
RING: 15-20 second delay before able to view live view is NOT good enough. saved vids gone unless one signs up for subscription after 30 days. Ring CHIME unable to detect or setup. Tried phoning assistance with an Australian number but was transferred overseas. Support is useless.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $320.00.

Motion Detection

When you take it back apparently everyone knows they don’t work.

When we finally took it back after 3 months of mucking around with the support/call centre offering up fixes that they know don’t work we were told that just about everyone brings them back. I will take responsibility for not reading product reviews before I bought it. Cost me $300 dollars in sparky bills putting a power outlet in the roof, changing the transformer they sent out, re-wiring etc. All the same issues as already posted here. I can’t believe 1. They are still allowed to sell them. here
2 The great reviews on tech sites that obviously are not true.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $389.00.

choprasimpleAU

Cannot complaint. Better then expectation

After reading lot of bad reviews i still tried this ring product recommended by my friend, i would say its fantastic. Camera clarity, voice clarity , motion sensors, wifi connectivity. Tick all the boxes. I bought it with Chime just to make sure there is home bell also ringing.
Highly recommended product.

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $173.00.

Motion Detection

58 days to receive a refund!

The product is fine, but the processing system is definately broken.
I bought two ring cameras. I decided on a different ring camera, so I returned the two I no longer needed. Although ring received the cameras that were returned, they failed to return the money to my Paypal account. When I called regarding the order, they stated they had been quite overhelmed with returns, so it was nothing personal. Did I mention that they had the return for 58 DAYS! **Watch your credit card statements if you return items to ring. If I had not followed my statements, I am pretty sure they would continue to be overwhelmed with returns, and I would have never been reimbursed for the returned products.

Purchased in June 2019 for $365.00.

Edward

EdwardVictoria

VERY BAD CHOICE BUY A RING PRODUCT

The Ring video doorbell and related products is very expensive products. The information provided by salesmen is always incomplete and hide thinks important like after 2 month you have to join a plan from Ring to have full access of important features of the products like access to a recorded videos captured by your door bell at very high cost $$$, this is a different form of scam...first buy and after still pay...
My advice is clear DO NOT BUY ANY RING PRODUCTS special door bell and related accessories

Purchased in June 2019 for $400.00.

Lyndamonkey

LyndamonkeyPerth, WA

It is too slow to actually see who is at your door.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

David A.

David A.Perth, WA

Not very good

The doorbell was reasonably easy to set up although I had to do a hard reset so I'm guessing my unit was refurbished...

The infra red night mode is overly sensitive, so because there is a street light in the distance my night mode doesn't work. Ring need to allow users to change the sensitivity or out night mode on a timer.

Also since Amazon bought ring you can't set the ring doorbell to work with Google home.

I would not recommend until ring fix these issues and stop the anticompetitive non support of Google home.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $120.00.

Motion Detection

Difficult to install, then it doesn't work

The ads say 5 minutes, it took over an hour and could not be done in 5 minutes, ever. Then it didn't work after 30 minutes, and customer support blamed me, saying the voltage was too low. That is incorrect, the voltage is fine, the product is poorly conceived and sold.

Purchased in June 2019 for $250.00.

kim

kim

Ongoing cost, poor reliability, constant drop outs

Unless you pay a monthly fee, you cannot view who has been at the door, and by the time the doorbell connects to your phone through the app, the person who was at the door is long gone.

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $118.00.

Motion Detection

Makes life harder, not easier

Have had the doorbell for over 6 months and I cant think of a single occasion where it worked well or smoothly. It add elements of complication to a simple process or ringing a doorbell. By the time it comes to the phone and connects, the person ringing has already left!

Purchased in January 2019 for $300.00.

Sean H.

Sean H.Peel, WA

Connection issues camera glare etc

Modem is 5m from door still has connection issues, yet I can stream Foxtel or any other video online fine.
Camera glare and the sun is opposite side of house.
Probably better of 4g and separate camera to button to minimize glare

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $125.00.

vickiflynn

vickiflynnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rubbish!!!

Could not even connect it to my phone and the "help" on the 1300 number was of no help at all. Do not buy this item, it is rubbish. If I could give it less than one star, I would. I returned it to the store I purchased it from the day after.

Purchased in May 2019 for $198.00.

Duped by 40 winks

Duped by 40 winksSouth Gippsland

Reason for only 1 year warranty

Worked well at start but then issues arose. Wifi connectivity problems even with Chime Pro, screws strip out really quickly (has to be removed to recharge), unit not weather proof as they claim - died after 2 years of use. Obviously why only 1 year warranty. Don’t recommend. Customer service non existent. Probably ok if small property with installation undercover and router nearby.

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hi-Fi for $298.00.

Buyer beware

Bought this product in good faith from Curry's. At no point did they say there was a monthly charge! Plus by the time the bell rings and phone connects too late!

Purchased in April 2019 at Currys for $203.99.

gardener georgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

modern doorbell

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $249.00.

gardener george

You can also talk to and listen through the Ring Doorbell.

John

JohnSydney

Ring Rip off

I purchased the standard doorbell 6 months ago. It kept its charge for the first month, then i had to charge it every two days which is a real pain. It also has no volume, to the point where i would answer it and could the guy standing in the video frame but no sound other than white noise. When i asked for a refund they totally refused and tried to sell me an upgrade!!! WTH.... There are other Doorbells out in the market that will work better and have a customer service that looks after their customers rather than try to rip them off further. Do not buy one these as it will work for a month, without sound, then you will have to charge it every two or so days!!!

Purchased in November 2018 for $170.00.

adopotato

adopotatoSydney, NSW

Great idea, too slow to be useful

The Ring doorbell is too slow to be usable. It does what it is supposed, but by the time I receive a notification that someone is at the door, they have usually already left before I get to the door or the app opens to use the talk feature. I have missed several deliveries for this reason and had to go to the post office or courier depot to pick them up.

We have 100mbps NBN internet with multiple wifi routers in our house, one being less than 5 meters from the Ring doorbell so it is unlikely there is an issue with our connection.

The design is solid and waterproof, but the battery doesn’t last very long considering how big the unit is, even with motion detection turned off.

Purchased in November 2018 at Officeworks for $139.00.

Tom79

Tom79Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

It was great! For a while

I've had the Ring Doorbell for a while now and until recently it worked pretty well. I mainly use it to be notified if someone comes to the door and to record who it was and it does this fine. The two way video, however, really struggles. Even with 100mb/40mbs Internet, it doesn't cope. Recently though the unit just stops working. It not longer alerts and it drops off the network frequently. I re-charge, it , reset it completely, and this usually fixes it for a day or so, then it stops working. Now even a reset won't fix it so it has to go in the bin. I contacted support about it and they never got back to me. Now trying to find another brand that does the job.

Purchased in January 2018.

Pascal R.

Pascal R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

fake price

I subcribed a $30 plan on the 6 april and my card has been charged $43.55 I sent 2 messages for to know why without any answers...It is not fair to propose a price and charge more without the customer consentment , but for to send junk mail they know your email address very well I receive one each day and I never asked to receive the offers or newsletter I didn't recomend them at all

Purchased in April 2019.