3Ring Video Doorbell

Ease of Installation
2.8
1.8
Great video quality
Need to buy a subscription to access videos
Motion alerts arrive too late
Connection is unreliable

Marg Pateman
Marg Pateman5 posts

Ring Door Bell. Hit and miss door bell /camera

The Chime sometimes goes off 15 minutes after the visitor has left and it does not record / take photo of every visitor. Show details
Rhonda
Rhonda5 posts

RIP OFF COMPANY

First you pay out a fortune to buy these devices, get them home, set them up and the realise
You have to actually pay this company a monthly payment
To even use them.

No monthly payment = you can’t even use them properly.

I wish we had of known before we bought them and set them up because we would not have paid out money on them Show details

Night Vision
Motion Detection
Ease of Installation
AnthonySouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts

Unsatisfactory

The unit leaks and the video screen is full of water droplets, despite the advertised 'weatherproof' and the battery dies very soon after recharging. Called their Australian rep to be told 'bad luck' because it was beyond warranty period. Great marketing, but poor quality. Show details

Cost $337 from Bunnings including the Chime unit

Carmel Maloney
Carmel Maloney2 posts

Ring video doorbell

I feel it’s a very expensive door bell because if you don’t pay the $49:95 annual fee you get NOTHING. If I’d known I would never have bought it. Very disappointed. Show details
brendan s.
brendan s.

Scammy

Scamy after 1 months there stars a subscription and feel like they push someone at door to make you subscribe Show details
Peter
PeterSydney, NSW13 posts

Seems OK to me

I received a doorbell and chime as a gift and after hearing about the massive rate hike decided not to bother with a subscription opt-in. The app still works nicely though, and I'm happy with both products. I'm hardly tech savvy but the initial setup was straightforward enough. Yesterday I was able to switch the connection to a new WiFi router. Not bad for an old boomer! Show details
nevisonpatricia99
nevisonpatricia99Sydney, NSW6 posts

Don't support Chinese made item's

Ironic isn't it, the security door bell is made in China so be worried, be very worried about your security, you don't want the Chinese knowing everything.
Kevin R.2 posts

Marge
MargeBundaberg4 posts

Anyone want a couple of Ring solar panels? No use to us

I bought a couple of rechargeable battery cameras from Bunnings a few years ago. I thought the battery running out and intermittent connection was our wifi problem.
My husband decided to buy the doorbells with solar panels online. Only the solar panels arrived. When he complained the contact person wanted him to log into my account. He bought them in a different name, with different credit card and different postal address from our residence. Scary! And they didn’t refund or rectify. Nor did PayPal.
He has written it off to experience. Show details
Donna B.
Donna B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

App doesn't work as expected & customer service is the absolute worst

It wasn't clear that there was no way to see past videos without paying the subscription. So after free trial I upgraded to the Basic subscription. It doesn't work. I can only see Live. What's the point of that? I contacted customer support via the website and they told me to delete the app and reinstall which I did. Still not working. Then they said to call the tech support number. This is a USA number which I must call at MY expense from Australia. Why should it cost me when their product is faulty? They of course had no delay in debiting my credit card for 12 months of app use!! Show details
Nick Green
Nick Green

Absolute garbage

The charge doesn't last more than a few days and of course to use the functions comes at a hefty cost. Nothing more than landfill. Show details
Dean
Dean8 posts

Miss leading

Bought this piece of crap not knowing you had an on going payment for it to work they want it to. Miss leading rip off Show details
helen r.
helen r.

It’s a great camera pity it can be outsmarted

I have both the ring doorbell camera and the stick up camera
Both work very well and footage is clear
The major downside I find is that you don’t get a notification when the wifi is turned off, so anyone can disconnect your internet and the cameras are rendered useless and you’d never know !
@ring please fix this flaw asap
This is not available with any of your products I was told by tech support Show details
Montheus
MontheusPerth, WA4 posts

Philip E.
Philip E.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC23 posts

It's a scam

Funny how they don't mention anywhere that I could see that there is a $49.95 yearly subscription. Why I don't know, not a wonder that the rich get richer, they take from those that are there customers. DON'T BUY THIS ITEM, you'll only be forking out money to the wealthy for something that you're already spent alot buying this item. SCAM SCAM SCAM. Show details

Joseph
Joseph

How long does it take to recharge the battery when it’s at 30 percent

UnhappyHeater
UnhappyHeater

Don't know.

Kramer
Kramer

how can i see my ring is fully charged

markus a.

are they waterproof or do they need a cover from the rain

Jim S.
Jim S.

They are waterproof - thanks for pointing out one good thing about them. There aren't many (any ) more

thanks for the reply Jim

Features:

It can be useful to see who’s at your front door when you’re not at home and Ring’s Video Doorbell offers a nifty solution.

Video Doorbell uses motion sensors to detect when someone is at your door, sends a notification to your smartphone which you can use to watch a live-view of the feed. The videos can be stored in a cloud or downloaded later with a subscription to Ring Protect - starting at $4 per month, free for the first 30 days.

It is powered by a rechargeable battery or can be hardwired into your existing system and comes with these features:

• 720P HD video & two-way talk
  • Advanced motion settings
  • Night vision
  • Built-in rechargeable battery
  • Standard 2.4 GHz WiFi connectivity
  • Works with Alexa

Reviewers thought:

A popular complaint reviewers had was that the motion notifications arrive too late and the live stream lags, therefore a visitor has often left before they can watch the live video. Many of the features, such as watching old footage, cannot be accessed without the monthly subscription, and therefore the product is severely restricted without it.

CategoryDoor Security Products