10Rinnai Infinity Range

3.9
3.8

PhilbrandGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC91 posts

Worked it out, all good

A good unit, found at first was using too much water, but soon realised it takes around 20 seconds for water to heat, having tap on full bore doesn't speed this up, so have hot water on a stream, allow the 20 to heat, then another what ever( 15 for me, but depending on how far from tank) then crank it upfor continuous hot water. Someone else, running a tap can effect Show details ·  1
Joseph L.
Joseph L.Sydney, NSW

Best Instant Gas Hot Water System on the market

I installed a Rinnai Infinity 32 back in 2008 and have never had an issue to date. (touch wood) Show details ·  1
Tricia W8 posts

23 years of use

Update…just noticed my microwave had gone off so sorted that and went back to control panel and it turned on!!! Not sure what happened but…..23 years and STILL GOING STRONG!
My Infinity 24 system which was installed in 2000 has just ‘died’ today….no power to the consoles…being Sunday I’ll wait til tomorrow and make calls to have someone check and then possibly replace…I’ve been very happy with ours, certainly can’t complain …. The only thing I noticed in one shower water would sometimes go cooler for a bit then back to warm … I was told this was a water pressure issue but not sure if that’s correct??? Show reply
  • +1Thumbnail
OZ Buyer
OZ BuyerSouth East Queensland, QLD9 posts

Lasted 10 years. Was promised 15-25yrs life by installer

PCB board has gone apparently model: V2626W (50) AK-NC.
Called for service and the installer said it will be close to $2000? For just PCB board as igniter isn't coming on?.
Recommended replacement with a new unit for $4339.
Expensive 10year run.
Previous house ewe ran a rheem gas unit for 20yrs without trouble.
Very disappointed.
Don't know where to get the PCB board as well?

Rinnai service closed on Sunday!
Location- Gold Coast 4212 Show details

John Smith
John SmithGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC
  26 Touch

Getting use to Continuous Flow. So far so good! Expensive but worth it

Not sure yet since the unit was just installed recently. Will monitor and provide an update as soon as possible. Show details ·  1
Ian
IanSouthwest, VIC

Very bad unit and this is my second and the first no better

This is the second unit we have had to install in 10 years this latest unit has broken down 3 times and have had not hot water now for 3 days, told by the service technician that the part that’s has faulted this time is normally 100 percent reliable this is now the second time this has happened . Personally I would not use a Rinnai system ever again, also the service cost is outrageous for a unit that is not supposed to need service. Very very disappointing with your manufacturers reliability and your service reliability. Show details
Alan inner west
Alan inner westSydney, NSW32 posts
Rlombardini
RlombardiniPerth

Rinnai B20

Have recently had this unit installed and it works very well apart from the main shower where it seem to struggle to deliver sufficiently hot water for a shower everywhere else in the house water temperature is great we do have solar but this should not be affected is there anyway to overcome this issue Show details ·  1
Kris
KrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Installed in 1988 and still going strong !!

Installed in 1988 in my newly built home! Those days these hot water systems were unheard of !!
I was lucky that I saw this product on a show called beyond 2000 and thought I have to put this in my house ! Lucky Bunnings stocked it then . So 23 yrs on in a two bathroom 2 storey home still working perfectly ! Never had issues with it ! I have 2 controllers .
Now Iam building a new townhouse and have chosen the rinnai 26 for my new build ! Amazing product . Show details ·  1
Val
Val4 posts

Rinnae4 weeks old, so much trouble. Especially upstairs

Takes time to reach max temperature. Can run cold at times. Especially in downstairs shower. Not working upstairs. They came to check and charged $224 to say unit working ok. Had new meter but no change. However second and third plumber stated Rinnai not reliable and they wouldn’t touch or recommend them, especially 2 story houses.
Suggest one looks elsewhere when buying a new Hot Water Service. Show details
aussieboy65
aussieboy652 posts
  32 Enviro

Absolute Waste of water and money

I bought this 32 enviro unit in 2020, and wish to heaven I hadn’t ! It wastes so much water waiting for the water to come through (approx 6 litres every time you turn on the tap and the unit is close to our kitchen). The further away the unit is, the more water and gas you waste. I contacted Rinnai Customer Service who did answer my email, but could not have cared less and told me after $5,500 outlay it was working as designed and just get used to it ! If I could afford to have it removed I surely would go back to a Rheem storage unit. Do not waste your money on Rinnai - they take your money and run !
0 out of 10 Show details
Steveo56
Steveo56Sydney, NSW31 posts
  Verified 20

The best home appliance we've ever had - 26 years old

I spent a year building 3 rooms above my home in 1996 and finished it all with installation of a Rinnai Infinity 20 hot water system. Now, in December 2021 and it still runs like clockwork. In fact to my shame it's the first time I've looked at cleaning the inlet filter (and it basically didn't need cleaning).
That's 25 years of not even thinking about my hot water system - unbelievable and no question whatsoever about what we'll choose as its replacement should one be needed
It served 5 people for 15 years and has whittled down to just we 2 now Show details ·  1
Paula B.
Paula B.3 posts
Overall
Noise Level
mallymuff
mallymuffGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC137 posts

Replaced troublesome Bosch HW system for Rinnai Infinity

I've only been using the new Rinnai HW system for a few days and already I can tell it is far superior. I had the notorious Bosch hydro HW system which was always troublesome and it was hard to get a plumber who knew how to service it. In late September 2021 .... no hot water so instead of mucking around trying to get it serviced I had it changed over to a Rinnai Infinity system. one of the best decisions I ever made . . . so far. :) Show details ·  1
steadyeddie
steadyeddieAU31 posts

Disappointing

I purchased an Infinity 32 on demand hot water. The water never gets hot enough for a decent shower or washing dishes. I bought 4, 12 years back and they were excellent and still going but the new digital ones are useless. Its going to cost $225+ for Rinnai to visit and hopefully adjust it. But I doubt if they can do anything. Do Not waste your money if you want a decent hot shower !! Show details

アイリン ニ.
アイリン ニ. · Infinity 20

Hi, Could you tell us what wattage is required for ignition on B20, please.

Rinnai   DM

Hi アイリン ニ. We have reached out to our Technical team and their response is set out below:

"When the B20 is running it draws 58 watts of power".

Regards,

paul h.
paul h. · Infinity 24

Strange Days. Just had a hot shower now when I turn on hot tap the temp switches from set temp 42 degrees to 12 degrees. I have a Rinnia 24, no problems in 10 years until now

Rinnai   DM

Hi Paul H, Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,

Rhonda
Rhonda · Infinity 24

The power was off for over two hours - would this effect the heating if so how long would it take for the water to heat up again. Again there is two buttons should these both be up (rinnai 24 infinity)

Tricia W

All you should need to do is press the power button and ensure set to the required temp

Rinnai   DM

Hi Rhonda, Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,