Rinnai Infinity Range

16, 20, 26, 26 (Internal), 26 Enviro and 5 more

Dan

DanPerth, WA

Exceptional hot water unit

Purchased in September 2018.

Andy

AndyVictoria

Fantastic unit

Our unit has been running flawlessly for the past 5 years. I installed controllers next to our showers + kitchen and the kids love having easy control of their shower temp. Energy efficient - Gas bill is nice and low - although installation was high (thick copper gas pipes).

Temperature fluctuation is minor when say the washing machine and/or dishwasher kicks in while you're showering, but it's still warm enough and it very rarely happens. On the flip side, you don't run out of hot water (except during a power outage)!

In all, no regrets and would install again.

Purchased in September 2014 at GStore.

ChristineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The unit is perfect. When it works.

Installed in October 2018, worked fine some of the time, until winter when it now works about 2 hours a day at lunchtime. Sometimes it works in one shower and not the other, or sometimes nowhere fat all for a few hours. Fine over summer. Now, I've had the installer out 3 times, then referred to Rinnai. So, no hot water for 3 days now, but apparently someone will come out in 2 days time so, yay. My family of 2 adults and 3 kids aren't needing a warm shower with day temperatures of between 10-16 degrees. 3 calls today to Rinnai, still waiting to hear back from the manager, 5 hours and counting....

Purchased in October 2018.

john

johnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

too much wasted water

Purchased in March 2019 at Burson.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)

Susan

SusanDERRIMUT VIC

Poor customer service with Rinnai

Had an issue with faulty value on solar hot water unit which we only had for 15 months. Tried to call Rinnai to book technician to fix problem ASAP however was on hold for 30 mins and couldn't get through so had no choice to go with independent plumber. Still had faulty value available and a massive water bill because of this. As we didn't use Rinnai's technician, this apparently void the warranty. It is appalling Rinnai not prepared to compensate us nor contribute to the cost of the massive water bill. In future will not support Rinnai products.

Purchased in February 2018.

Sandra A.

Sandra A.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible temperature and flow

In the summer months it's OK but when it get cold the temperature at best the water is Luke warm and the flow is terrible.
I have had your Tech guy out charged me $190 to say it's not the unit it's the gas company flow from the street they came out said the gas Flow is fine .
I have had the plumber out 3 times thinking he could help he has seen what is happening but can't find anything .
This happened last winter we couldn't afford to call your tec guys again as her said it will cost again now winter here again and here we go again like warm shower again.
So frustrating wish I had money to buy a new brand.

Purchased in November 2017.

Donna

DonnaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Not hot enough

Our water has never been hot enough. Can wash hair on all hot and hold hand under hot water at kitchen sink. Kitchen sink is close to the unit. Have to boil a kettle for wash up water. How can the temperature be raised please?

Purchased in August 2012.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)

AJR2093

AJR2093Sydney, NSW

Works great..until it doesn’t. No service from Rinnai

2 months before end of warranty our water heater dies. No shower, no washing, nothing. Still cannot get Rinnai to answer a phone. Plumber says it has corroded. Outdoor unit dead after Andre 3 years.Buying BOSCH next time.

Purchased in July 2016 for $3,000.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

Rinnai Touch C1 fault

So on Sat night for no reason the unit stopped working. Kept giving a C1 fault code which is not even listed in the Rinnai install manual or troubleshooting guide. Called Rinnai and operator was clueless. Took all my details at 8am Monday, but when I called back at 4.30pm Monday they hadn’t even logged the job and sent it to a plumber ffs. I found details of the C1 fault on this site and ended up fixing it myself. Remote control needed calibration wth. Fix your install and fault finding manual Rinnai and fix your service. Hopeless.

Purchased in October 2018.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Mattk, we are sorry to hear of the issues you have faced in booking a service call with our 1st Care Department. We will pass on your feedback to our management team,

Suzanna

Suzanna

I have no hot water and can't get a service call.

I have called four times today and had two return calls "to see what I Wanted" and all I want to do is book a service Call! How hard is that?

Purchased in November 2013.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review Suzanna. We would like to confirm that a service call has been booked and a technician will be in attendance today to resolve this matter for you.

Dave

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy with Rinnai B20 unit.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Very happy with our Unit, would definitely purchase another!

We purchased ours in 2012 and love our unit. I love being able to adjust the temperature and know my kids and visitors aren't going to get burnt . Great space saver also for the side of our house. We will definitely be looking to purchase another when we move into our new home next month.

Date PurchasedApr 2012

mechanic

mechanicabermain

i wish i would have purchased a rinnai infinity years before i did.

I purchased a rinnai infinity 26 lpg 60 (6) years ago it is and has been the best (in all respects) hot water system I have ever owned and I have owned a lot over (50) years.
I expect it will not last forever but there is not much that does.
It fired up perfectly the first time it was turned on and has been used a lot in (6) years and keeps on keeping on.
Cheap to run.

Date PurchasedJan 2012
Rinnai A.Rinnai

We are pleased to hear that your infinity hot water unit is continuously exceeding your expectations. At Rinnai we pride ourselves in producing quality products and we thank you for your review Mechanic.

JennSydney

this happened to me too!

Finally got a service person to visit and the fan unit is faulty and has to be replaced. Is yours the brand new design with the dark grey contrast sides? Mine is. Service person says a few of these hard a faulty fan unit. Hopefully the replacement with fix it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review Jenn. Please contact customer service on 1300 555 545 option 2 if you require any further assistance.

MitchHove

Excellent with one oddity....

Quick to fire up, lots of hot water (58-59 C). The only thing that puzzles me is the odd drop in pressure occasionally as it's firing up. Seems if the internal temperature is below some preset it restricts the flow for a moment until the temperature in the heat exchanger has a certain rise. Once warm (as in washing dishes and such) it really doesn't mess around. I'm pleased. Not excited... as it doesn't have as good a warranty as I had hoped, but the price was fair, the installation quick, and I can basically ignore it and know it's going to work.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Mitch

Sounds like I'm looking for a kitchen controller and a bathroom controller! Thanks!! (Thumbs UP!!!)

Some days takes forever to warm up and doesn't get as hot as our pre-existing electric hotwater syst

Seems to always use excess water to warm up and never seems to stay at a constant temperature when on a lower flow rate. Often during a shower water seems to go completely cold and only way to set to a desired temperature again is to turn shower water off and then resetting the water flow of both hot and cold water, very annoying.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review ynoT. We are sorry to hear of the issues you are facing with your hot water system. Please contact our free technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3 for assistance.

Nick

NickSydney, NSW

Whistling Dixie

We bought rinnai infinity 26 ... everytime we use the hot water after turn the tap off, the unit whistler for 30 seconds ... very strange ! Never had this with my previous unit is. Is this normal because I ring the service people and they say it is the installer, got the installer out no problem with installation ( licences plumber ). We called back to rinnai with the plumber next to me and they couldn’t help us in any way ... is it normal or not ... I bought this unit as it was recommended but whistling Dixie is annoying ... the service team were rude and said $185 call out fee... if deemed installed wrong ... um it is not ... so I need help.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for your review Nick. We are sorry to hear of your issues, please forward your details to enquiry@rinnai.com.au so we can assist you further.

AmandaSydney

Hate it. Makes me miss our tank water heater.

Have the B26. Since the 1st day it was installed, we've regretted it. Expected the lag, but it uses so much water before it goes hot. Sometimes there is just no hot water at all. Mostly early mornings we need to cross our fingers, but now its during the day and I can't get it on anywhere in the house. The plumber came out twice - nothing wrong. Because it is intermittent, it is a nightmare.
I seriously miss our old tank hot water system. This was supposed to be "the best there is".

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Amanda

UPDATE- I spoke to Rinnai technical support who were quite helpful. I got enough information to go back a third time to the plumber. Seems ok now however will wait and see.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for your update Amanda. We are pleased to hear our Technical support were able to help you with the information required.

Vipeesh K

Vipeesh KVictoria

Water is not hot and condensation on the solar panel

I have reported condensation issue on my solar panel and we had Rinnai technician came to fix this issue and they still can't fix this issue and going on with this issue for more than a month now. Why not get it replaced Rinnai? It is a brand new installed and within two weeks we noticed this condensation issue as well as water is not hot. I won't be happy till this solar panel is replaced since you already sent technician more than twice on the roof. Is this quality gone so bad?

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Tony P.

Tony P.Sydney, NSW

Similar problem to Sarah

Date PurchasedJul 2006

Vince

Vinceasked

Infinity 26

Hi I currently have a inifinity 24 model do I need to change the pipes to install a infinity 26 model

Rinnai A.Rinnai

If you have previously experienced no issues with water flow or fluctuating temperatures the upgrade to the Infinity 26 can be adapted to the current pipework.

Garry

Garryasked

Infinity 16

Hi our Rinnai 16 is not firing up. The ignition does not seem to be kicking in. There is gas going to the system as I can smell it when it tries to ignite. I have checked the electric and the plug is ok
Thanks Garry

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Garry, if there is gas and power to the unit you may need to book a service call to diagnose the issue. You can book via our website here:
or contact us at 1300 555 545 option 2

Vyara

Vyaraasked

Infinity 26

We have just had a new infinty 26 installed and the water goes cold in the hand basin, and in the kitchen.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Vyara, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3) or alternatively by emailing technical@rinnai.com.au.

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Rinnai Infinity 26 Touch

Rinnai Infinity 26

Rinnai Infinity 26

Rinnai Infinity 26 Enviro

Rinnai Infinity 26 Enviro

Rinnai Infinity 26 (Internal)

Rinnai Infinity 26 (Internal)

1 review

No reviews
Rinnai Infinity 24
  • Discontinued

Rinnai Infinity 24

CategoryGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water SystemsGas Continuous Hot Water Systems
Price (RRP)1650119513951650189516502079229918581683