Robinhood RWV3CL9G / RWV3CL6G / RIV3CL9G Curved Glass Canopy

Robinhood RWV3CL9G / RWV3CL6G / RIV3CL9G Curved Glass Canopy

RWV3CL9G, RWV3CL6G, RIV3CL9G

1.6

Noisy junk

Bought this unit about 4 years ago and have never used it due to the noise .
Being at home due to covid thought I would look for a fix but after reading the reviews it turns out this is just junk..
Unfortunately I cant change it because my glass splash back is cut to fit it.
Not only is it noisy it doesnt seem to suck much .
From now on I will read reviews before I buy anything

Alexis P.Robinhood

Hi There, its very unfortunate that you are not using your rangehood at this time , if you would like us to direct you to your nearest repair agent to have your installation inspected please give us a call on 1300 739 033.

Stuart H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor Light Life

Unit looks great and I have no issues with extraction or noise really its just a fan and will be noisy. However the LED lights, which are expensive to replace have both died within a few years the first in the first year. The second now gone it just under 3. As previously mentioned they are expensive as it looks like the whole fitting has to be replaced . Thinking of writing it off and going for another brand.

Purchased in May 2016 at The Good Guys for A$550.00.

Alexis P.Robinhood

Good afternoon, please contact our customer care desk on 1300 739 033 and one of our friendly consultants will assist you.

Stuart H.

No worries was told to go to Bunnings thanks a whole lot!

Gonads63BLENHEIM

Retraction of lack of Extraction!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Alexis P.Robinhood

Hi there, thanks for your valuable feed back we will pass it on to our marketing team for the future .
The team at Robinhood

Range Hoods

Find out how Robinhood RWV3CL9G / RWV3CL6G / RIV3CL9G Curved Glass Canopy compares to other Range Hoods

Harvey01Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Soooo noisy!!!!

Would never have believed that something from what is supposed to be a leading brand could be so noisy. Unfortunately we had our splashback made to fit the rangehood and now that it needs replacing (no fault of the machine - mice have chewed through wiring) we are going to have to replace it with the same item as we are unable to find a similar sized item. I guess it will just have to look pretty when the lights are on as we won't be using the exhaust fan...

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Alexis P.Robinhood

Good morning , we have sent you a private message re your review.
Kind regards the team at Robinhood.

Harvey01

This issue has been resolved to our complete satisfaction. Customer service from Robinhood was outstanding.

Don't Purchase Very Noisy

Purchased this range hood on Harvey Normans recommendation they have had no BAD feedback only complaint is the glass collects dust. Well it is so noisy you can't hear anything in the background to the extent you end up turning it off just to get rid of the noise. A pair of ear muffs should be recommended when you purchase this range hood looks lovely but totally unserviceable.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
KevH

KevH

DONT BUY!!!!

Poor excuse for a rangehood.

The rangeghood looks good however it does not do what it should. It is incredibly noisy does not suck much air at all. The kitchen has to be cleaned regularly to remove the greasy mess that should have gone into the rangehood.

Do not waste your money on these type of rangehoods, they dont work...

Sue

SueHunter Region, NSW

Do Not Waste Your Money

Stacey Illy

Stacey IllySydney

Jet engine noise

really disappointed with this rangehood, I had reservations about purchasing it for my new kitchen, visited the good guys on a number of times as our kitchen was purchased from them, spoke to our sales guy each time about my concerns to only be told that it was their bestselling rangehood and they never had a complaint about the unit!!! It's so loud I call it my jet engines, so people please read the reviews first before purchasing your appliances, I know I will be from now on!!

teaanne

teaanneqld

noisy even on lowest setting!

Bought this as recommended by a saleslady at good guys. It was cheap compared to other brands. It has good suction, but is VERY noisy!!!! The old rangehood that we had was elfa(bought by the previous owner) which we had to replace as the motor had burned out, I'd say that old rangehood's highest setting noise wise is comparable to robinhood's lowest setting! Should have checked reviews before buying.

John C

John CAdelaide

Dissapointing !!

Now I know why Good Guys didn't have it plugged in for display testing. Bought it for my mother inlaw but even on low speed it's just so loud even louder than the 20 year old unit we replaced it with. Led lighting is really poor. Looks good but just a complete noisy dud.

peterlonz

peterlonzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Mr

Steve

SteveSydney, NSW

Exhaust speeds useless

Recently had one installed in my new kitchen. It looks very nice but the exhaust speeds on it are useless. Very little difference between low and high. I thought something was wrong with it but the technician installed a new board and it was just the same. When I phoned up service they told me it was supposed to be like that and they were very abrupt. They told me to take it back to the people I bought it from. After listening to other range hoods it definitely does not have 3 very distinct speeds.
Looks good
Useless exhaust speed control

Looks good, but worked for five years before a switch fault

For an expensive kitchen item was disappointing. When it worked it looked great, but the switch failed after five years, and the entire unit had to be replaced. The electronics are Chinese, so not much point trying to repair the unit, if anyone was able to for a fair price.
Design and looks.
Cooking oil accumulated inside the fan, and the electronics should be more reliable for the price.

rodneyreeves
rodneyreeves

makes more noise than the kids

Had this 4 days and sick of the rattling and vibration already. Today the highest fan speed stopped working. Because it has been installed i had to do a warranty claim. Couldn't just take it back to store. Spent weeks looking for a decent one that had plenty of suction and this one does excell in that area. Should have just gave the old thing a good clean and stuck it back in. Way quieter and nearly as sufficient. Does have modern appearance and i do love the LED lighting. We purchased it for features such as, dishwashable filters, LED lights, thermal shutoff and delay shut off. Shame about its reliability and noise.
Features and appearance
way too noisy and unreliable

ros.newbey
ros.newbey

just purchased one - it should come with a noise warning.....very disappointed!

sandyjenny1970

sandyjenny1970asked

RWV3CL9G / RWV3CL6G / RIV3CL9G Curved Glass Canopy

Hi. I have purchased the RIV3CL9G, I have just noticed in the box “island” Robinhood Can this be wall mounted?

Alexis P.Robinhood

Good afternoon, the model that you have is an island rangehood and is unable to be wall mounted , we would suggest returning it to place of purchase and request a wall mounted model. If you require further assistance please give our customer care team on 1300 739 033 .The team at Robinhood.

John
John

If you take it back don't get a wall mounted rwv3cl9g it is the most noisy thing not worth having. Unfortunately I had my glass splash back cut curved to fit before I found this out

Bernasked

RWV3CL9G / RWV3CL6G / RIV3CL9G Curved Glass Canopy

I have the RWV3CL9G which was already installed in this house when we bought it. One of the lights is out and I can’t find a way to gain access to it and change it. I have no manuals and don’t know the part number, etc. Any advice?

Hi
Sell the house! that's what we did! Jokes aside, we had a flickering bulb, which we tried to change as well. Never got round to it. I used to give it a tap to stop it flickering. A bit of a worry I know. As nice as they look, I too will be paying more money for a better quality range hood.

Alexis P.Robinhood

Good morning Bern, thanks for contacting us with regards to your rangehood, if you would like to call our customer care team on 1300 739 033 one of our consultant will arrange to send you an instruction manual and assist you with replacement globes. Thanks the team at Robinhood.

Bern

Many thanks, Alexis. I did as you suggested. They pointed me to the nearest vendor who in turn sourced a replacement lightbulb and also emailed me the manual. I was lucky that my model is newer and it seems that for older models, replacement lightbulbs is not feasible. I had tried to replace the lights with a generic 12V LED but it was futile. I have to question the need to use non-standard items (very expensive and hard to obtain) in the design.

Anyway, the light is now fixed.

As for functionality, the range hood is loud but not much more than previous ones I've used in other dwellings, all reasonably new models by other brands. I agree that there is little or no difference between the lower, mid and higher settings, but the important thing is that it does work at my place. And it looks great! Everyone who comes to visit has something positive to say about the kitchen.

I may not have bought it, but I am certainly not unhappy with it!

Kiwiandyasked

RWV3CL9G

Looks like we have the same issue as gonads63. We purchased it from Harvey Norman Rotorua in November and only just had it installed with an electrician. They are rubbish and we want our money back to spend on something better. I will be contacting them once this lockdown covid thing is over.

Alexis P.Robinhood

Hi there, please give us a call once your isolation is over and we will endeavor to assist you with your rangehood.
1300 739 033 is the number for our customer care team. The team at Robinhood.

Kiwiandy

Hi Alexis. Our electrician has been out at our expense to solve the issue with the flaps not opening. The flaps simply should not extend above the flange, which is the cause of the problem. The fix entailed extending the flange with pipe so the flaps could open un-impeded as per gonads63's issue on this forum. This is clearly a design fault that Robinhood new about based on gonads63 review and post and yet nothing has been done prior to my purchase. I have photos I can show you. Our electrician is going to charge us to rectify this design fault and I am going to pass the account on to Rotorua Harvey Norman for at least a credit for the costs. Be aware this was the curved range hood. The Adonis 900. A more expensive model than the one that Gonads63 had. Our Electrician says the product is not fit for purpose as we had to introduce another product (pipe) to fix the issue. There is no indication within the installation instructions that a fault would arise from using the type of ducting we have.

Alexis P.Robinhood

Hi there Kiwi Andy, thanks for the feedback from yourself and your electrician with regards to the installation of your rangehood we will pass your comments on to our marketing and developments teams.
The team at Robinhood.

Get an answer from our members and Robinhood representatives