Robinhood RWV3CL9G / RWV3CL6G / RIV3CL9G Curved Glass Canopy

Robinhood RWV3CL9G / RWV3CL6G / RIV3CL9G Curved Glass Canopy

RWV3CL9G, RIV3CL9G and RWV3CL6G

Stuart H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor Light Life

Unit looks great and I have no issues with extraction or noise really its just a fan and will be noisy. However the LED lights, which are expensive to replace have both died within a few years the first in the first year. The second now gone it just under 3. As previously mentioned they are expensive as it looks like the whole fitting has to be replaced . Thinking of writing it off and going for another brand.

Purchased in May 2016 at The Good Guys for $550.00.

Alexis P.Robinhood

Good afternoon, please contact our customer care desk on 1300 739 033 and one of our friendly consultants will assist you.
The team at Robinhood.

Stuart H.

No worries was told to go to Bunnings thanks a whole lot!

Gonads63BLENHEIM

Retraction of lack of Extraction!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Alexis P.Robinhood

Hi there, thanks for your valuable feed back we will pass it on to our marketing team for the future .
The team at Robinhood

Harvey01Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Soooo noisy!!!!

Would never have believed that something from what is supposed to be a leading brand could be so noisy. Unfortunately we had our splashback made to fit the rangehood and now that it needs replacing (no fault of the machine - mice have chewed through wiring) we are going to have to replace it with the same item as we are unable to find a similar sized item. I guess it will just have to look pretty when the lights are on as we won't be using the exhaust fan...

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Alexis P.Robinhood

Good morning , we have sent you a private message re your review.
Kind regards the team at Robinhood.

Harvey01

This issue has been resolved to our complete satisfaction. Customer service from Robinhood was outstanding.

Don't Purchase Very Noisy

Purchased this range hood on Harvey Normans recommendation they have had no BAD feedback only complaint is the glass collects dust. Well it is so noisy you can't hear anything in the background to the extent you end up turning it off just to get rid of the noise. A pair of ear muffs should be recommended when you purchase this range hood looks lovely but totally unserviceable.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

KevH

KevH

DONT BUY!!!!

Poor excuse for a rangehood.

The rangeghood looks good however it does not do what it should. It is incredibly noisy does not suck much air at all. The kitchen has to be cleaned regularly to remove the greasy mess that should have gone into the rangehood.

Do not waste your money on these type of rangehoods, they dont work...

Sue

Sue

Do Not Waste Your Money

Stacey Illy

Stacey IllySydney

Jet engine noise

really disappointed with this rangehood, I had reservations about purchasing it for my new kitchen, visited the good guys on a number of times as our kitchen was purchased from them, spoke to our sales guy each time about my concerns to only be told that it was their bestselling rangehood and they never had a complaint about the unit!!! It's so loud I call it my jet engines, so people please read the reviews first before purchasing your appliances, I know I will be from now on!!

teaanne

teaanneqld

noisy even on lowest setting!

Bought this as recommended by a saleslady at good guys. It was cheap compared to other brands. It has good suction, but is VERY noisy!!!! The old rangehood that we had was elfa(bought by the previous owner) which we had to replace as the motor had burned out, I'd say that old rangehood's highest setting noise wise is comparable to robinhood's lowest setting! Should have checked reviews before buying.

John C

John CAdelaide

Dissapointing !!

Now I know why Good Guys didn't have it plugged in for display testing. Bought it for my mother inlaw but even on low speed it's just so loud even louder than the 20 year old unit we replaced it with. Led lighting is really poor. Looks good but just a complete noisy dud.

peterlonzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Mr

Steve

SteveSydney

Exhaust speeds useless

Recently had one installed in my new kitchen. It looks very nice but the exhaust speeds on it are useless. Very little difference between low and high. I thought something was wrong with it but the technician installed a new board and it was just the same. When I phoned up service they told me it was supposed to be like that and they were very abrupt. They told me to take it back to the people I bought it from. After listening to other range hoods it definitely does not have 3 very distinct speeds.
Looks good
Useless exhaust speed control

Looks good, but worked for five years before a switch fault

For an expensive kitchen item was disappointing. When it worked it looked great, but the switch failed after five years, and the entire unit had to be replaced. The electronics are Chinese, so not much point trying to repair the unit, if anyone was able to for a fair price.
Design and looks.
Cooking oil accumulated inside the fan, and the electronics should be more reliable for the price.

rodneyreeves
rodneyreeves

makes more noise than the kids

Had this 4 days and sick of the rattling and vibration already. Today the highest fan speed stopped working. Because it has been installed i had to do a warranty claim. Couldn't just take it back to store. Spent weeks looking for a decent one that had plenty of suction and this one does excell in that area. Should have just gave the old thing a good clean and stuck it back in. Way quieter and nearly as sufficient. Does have modern appearance and i do love the LED lighting. We purchased it for features such as, dishwashable filters, LED lights, thermal shutoff and delay shut off. Shame about its reliability and noise.
Features and appearance
way too noisy and unreliable

ros.newbey
ros.newbey

just purchased one - it should come with a noise warning.....very disappointed!

Tina

Tinaasked

RWV3CL9G

Hi, we have installed one of these units in our daughters kitchen, as with the reviews above even on the lowest setting the noise from the unit is excessive, is there anything that can be done to reduce this, its not a flue issue thats all be checked it is the noise from the motor, thanks Tina

Harvey01

Sorry but we were advised that there's nothing that can be done about the noise. We ended up not using the extraction side of it and just used the lights until a mouse very kindly chewed through the wiring and we replaced it with a Blanco which we are so happy with, we can actually hold a conversation while standing next to it!!!

Hi Tina

I trust you read my review re the flue, in particular the 'butterfly' being caught in the flexi duct (rigid ducting prevents this and also reduces the noise slightly as the technician informed us). In summary once re remedied the butterfly issue it operates great EXCEPT yes it is noisy.....next house we will put a high quality vac pac in, yes a lot more cost but that's what you have to pay to minimise the noise! We only chose this model as we liked the glass canopy and was the best option for the aesthetics...otherwise we would have bought I better quality quiet one...

Alexis P.Robinhood

Good afternoon, If you would like to discuss your rangehood with one of our customer service consultants please feel free to contact us on 1300 739 033 . Thanks the team at Robinhood

bob gasked

The Range hood has stopped working, no lights or power , didn't blow a fuse in the household fuse box !!!! any ideas as to what may be wrong its a Robinhood model RWV3C9G.

cheers
RG

Harvey01

Mice chewed threw the wires in the roof!!! Check your ceiling connections.

Alexis P.Robinhood

Good afternoon Bob, please contact our customer service desk on 1300 739 033 and one of our friendly team will direct you to your nearest service centre. Thanks the team at Robinhood.

bob g

The power transformer had a melt down, on the printed circuit board, but the fuse alongside it didn't blow now its
$$$$$$$

Margaret Vermeer

Margaret Vermeerasked

RIV3CL9G

We were not given the installation screws and bracket how hard is it to install without these?

Margaret,

Not easy to provide simple answer.
I considered the very lightweight bracket near useless & I did not use it.
But my install was a one-piece only chimney re-circulating installation.
The screws that carry the weight of the extraction unit are necessary but these could be bought from a local hardware store.
Maybe more important is accurately drilling to accept the plastic "wallplugs" provided.
They need to be a fairly tight fit & you need to be careful that inserting the screws does not withdraw the plugs.

OTOH if you mean the small screws to secure the light bracket I guess you will need them. However I do not think this method is particularly satisfactory anyway.
I can't help more without seeing your situation.
BTW you will need a power outlet installed behind where the chimney will sit. That will make for an invisible power source once installed.
That's something else I thought was pretty poorly thought through by Robinhood.
Good luck.

Get an answer from our members and Robinhood representatives

Robinhood RIV3CL9G