Royal Brunei Airlines

See the Best International Airlines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Poor service and stinky hotel stay due to flight delay

I flew from Melbourne to Seoul on 12th Aug via Brunei. The flight attendants did not seem to care about their works. They walked back and forth like they had been on a vacation. They served very slow and clumsy. 3 hours wait at the airport in the evening without any F&B services available. Fickle internet connection really annoyed me. Rough flight from Brunei to Seoul

On 20th Aug our flight from Seoul to Brunei was also very rough in an old airplane. The same poor service. The flight from Brunei to Melbourne was delayed for more than 9 hours. So the ground staff put 7 of us into a beatup dirty van to Grand City hotel near the airport. The room stank. Free dinner at 7 PM at the hotel restaurant. We could barely eat the sweet dinners. Our new departure time was 3:45 AM on 21st on Boeing 787 which is the only plus for this trip. That's why I am giving 2 star service. We have been exhausted by this longest trip ever.

Last year my wife also took RBA and also had a 9 hours delay. They put her and my daughter in a very bad hotel with cockroach under the pillow!

The ticket price is cheaper than others but it cost us time and health. The airlines and the airport are run by the government who does not seem to care about the services.

DestinationSeoul, South Korea

Royal Brunei Airlines

We booked a Royal Brunei flight from Melbourne to London return in economy class. Expecting the usual "knees under the chin seats" we were pleasantly surprised when we boarded the plane and settled into our allocated seats. The leg room was enormous. My daughter and her boyfriend are 6 feet plus and they had ample room for their long legs. This space cannot be compared to any other airline's economy seating - it was great. The excellent service provided by the flight attendants who always smiled and attended to any passenger needs. All in all an above average economy class flight.

Not good enough, RBA

My wife and I arrived at Melbourne airport with plenty of time for our Royal Brunei flight to Tokyo via Brunei...or we thought so, only to learn that the plane was already leaving. RBA has not bothered to inform us that the departure time had been changed by over three hours. The airline did allow us on another flight leaving two days later, but our holiday plans were severely disrupted, as were those of our son who lives in Japan and had taken two days leave from his job to be with us. We figured that we deserved compensation for the disruption and asked for an upgrade to business class. This was declined. Sorry RBA; your cabin attendants are polite and helpful, but your senior management showed us scant respect and as a consequence we will never book another flight with you.

DestinationTokyo, Japan
BookingThird Party

Melbourne to Manila - cheap but long stop over is not worth it

Melbourne to Brunei is 6 hours then we had a stop over for 17 hours at Brunei, had free hotel accommodation on departure, but upon return, which is another 17 hours stop over, this is not provided. Quite mislead that all hotel accommodation is provided both ways. The money you'd spend for hotel and the time wasted in Brunei is not worth it. Might as well endure an 8 hour direct flight. Brunei has not much to offer with sight seeing. Shopping is meh, we went to the "city" (which is like your ultra average town, more shops in Footscray market seriously), walked around, and people would just stare, as if they've never seen other humans walk around the streets, it's weird.
Taxi to hotel even when it's just 5 or 10 mins away is on a fixed rate of 20 to 25$. Rip off. There's no Uber.
Service is excellent. Flight attendants are all smiles, clearly a great team work going on, and definitely a 5 star service. Plane landing, 10/10 perfect score for the pilot, smoothest ever!!! Great job!!! I can't complain on take off as this went on smoothly too!
Food is awesome! It's like picnic in the sky, you'll never go hungry.
Airport is so basic, but there's Jollibee yay!!
I would never take Brunei airlines again even if the service is excellent, because money wise, we've spent more than taking a direct flight to Manila.

DestinationManila, Metro Manila, Philippines

Perfect and happy travel

We traveled MEL to London and back, aircrafts are clean and on time, service on board is excellent. Crew is friendly and attentive, For the price we paid it is great to travel with Royal Brunei and much savings compared to others charges on this route. Will definitely use Royal Brunei for future travel.

Not safe

I booked a flight to London with Royal Brunei, as they seemed to have good reviews.
But only a few weeks later it was announced that Sharia Law will apply from April 5, not only in Brunei but also on board their aircraft. Being LGBT, I don't want to run the risk of being jailed, or stoned to death. I pulled out of my flight, but my wallet is now $450 lighter as they wouldn't budge on the cancellation fee.
If you care about human rights, don't fly with this airline.

Don't risk it.

Sharia law applies upon this aircraft. Lousy IFE, not safe to be in Brunei if you have alcohol, are LGTBIQ or get mixed up in other so called crimes. Airport in Bandar is really bad. Lounge so basic. Avoid!

DestinationHeathrow Airport (LHR), Longford, UK
ClassBusiness Class

WARNING SHARIA LAW ON BOARD

Boycott this airline and anything to do with this country, including the hotel chain owned by the sultanate.
Sharia law on board the aircraft even when in another country.
This could mean your death for being misconstrued.

Yuck.

Delayed by 24+ hours from London to Melbourne. By law, I was entitled to compensation but the airline was very cagey about letting myself and other passengers know what our rights were. This information was not willingly offered, and was only given when repeatedly asked. Getting the compensation itself was painful. Customer service takes a long time for any responses. Finally got compensated, but took way too long.
The flights themselves were painful also, due to delays we were fully crammed on every leg, with their attempt to clear back logs. Even when there were some free rows, no one was allowed to move to them. Being crammed 3 in a row, with a whole free row in front of us (that were weren’t allowed to use) was like a form of torture.
Not to mention Brunei itself was an awful stop over, both the airport and the country. Will never use again and will never travel to the country again.

Given recent changes in Laws against homosexuality in Brunei, I hope to see changes in Australia’s laws that will not allow this airline to operate in my homeland. And if so - believe me, it will be no great loss.

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia
BookingThrough Airline

I will never fly again with this airline

I have used this airline many times flying from Australia. Unfortunately with the Brunei government's new harsh Sharia Laws I cannot support this airline knowing the proceeds will go to line the pockets of people who introduced such harmful stone age laws!

Boycott this country and their royal airline

Forget about flying with this airline. If you are LGBT you can be arrested by them and held in international space just for being, gay, lesbian or trans. These people will stone you to death.

HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSERS

Under no circumstance will I, nor should any humane individual, support Brunei in any way following it’s introduced law to stone LGBTQI people to death. This is barbaric and in violation of the human rights of people to live their lives free from harm. I will not ever fly with this airline or support any hotels owned by the Sultan of Brunei while this horrific law is in place.

I am shocked that stone age barbarity can continue in the 21St Century.

I am shocked that stone age barbarity can continue in the 21St Century. Don't they have universities over there that explain why people are born gay? It's called science....but ignorance seems to continue the persecution!

Human Rights Abusers have no right to run a business

Brunei has introduced a law to stone LGBTQI people to death - as well as adulterers. This is barbaric and in violation of the human rights of people to live their lives free from harm. I will not ever fly with this airline or support any hotels owned by the Sultan of Brunei who is one of the wealthiest people in the world. He wants to whip and stone people. To death. Think about that for a moment. Regardless of what you think about sexuality - what if it were you or someone you love.

Boycott
Hotel Plaza Athenee, Paris
Hotel Eden, Rome
Hotel Principe di Savoia, Milan

Murderers

Unable to consider flying this airline as Brunei has sanctioned the murder of LGBTIQ people. As I would be subjected to their barbaric and horrific laws upon boarding their airline, I will give it a miss.

Disgraceful human rights - to be avoided

This is the state airline of Brunei - a country that has just passed Sharia law making homosexual acts and adultery crimes punishable by stoning to death. Yes ..... STONING TO DEATH!!

Do not support a government that has such barbaric inhumane laws.

Unsafe

I have flown once but never again for fear of being stoned to death. The law just introduced making it legal to stone to death gay people or anyone suspected of adultery.

BookingThrough Airline

Danger to your freedom and safety

Risk you being executed or physically whipped if you are LGBTIQ, engage in non marital intercorse. Having this airline flying in Australia is putting our citizens at undue risk. No thanks!

ClassEconomy

Flight experience with food service on the plane (Singapore to Melbourne approximately 7 hours)

I was flying from Singapore to Melbourne on Friday the Ist February 2019, flight B1005, seat Number 52 A and my husband 52 C.At about 3 AM the air hostess came around giving early breakfast with muffins and biscuits, she only gave them to the adjacent seats and neglected giving them to the aisle on my side. Another air hostess (a man) came and gave drinks to both sides of the aisle including us. We were disappointed at the service. We did not ask the air hostess anything about this thinking that they will turn up at some time to come and offer us. We often fly with Brunei Airlines because the flights are cheap.

The very best value for money.

Melbourne to London Been three times before with this excellent airline. .Again in July.. Well worth looking out for a sale price in January. Delighted that a whopping five hours has been cut off the flying Time.

ClassBusiness Class
BookingThird Party
Every nation is entitled to make there own laws that they think best for there own people. If they abide them they are not inhuman however other people see it differently.