Royal Brunei Airlines

Royal Brunei Airlines

Anti gay laws

We need to cut off any business that is related to that country.
We must do what we can to end discrimination and this is one way I can think can help.

Perfect and happy travel

We traveled MEL to London and back, aircrafts are clean and on time, service on board is excellent. Crew is friendly and attentive, For the price we paid it is great to travel with Royal Brunei and much savings compared to others charges on this route. Will definitely use Royal Brunei for future travel.

Not safe

I booked a flight to London with Royal Brunei, as they seemed to have good reviews.
But only a few weeks later it was announced that Sharia Law will apply from April 5, not only in Brunei but also on board their aircraft. Being LGBT, I don't want to run the risk of being jailed, or stoned to death. I pulled out of my flight, but my wallet is now $450 lighter as they wouldn't budge on the cancellation fee.
If you care about human rights, don't fly with this airline.

Pleasant Airline but Dangerous with new Laws.

My past experiences were quite good and I would have been happy to continue travelling with RB on occasion. The introduction of very dangerous and primitive laws in Brunei however would certainly prevent me from ever contemplating using their airline. I would be interested to know whether alcohol is allowed to be served in any of their hotels throughout the world - perhaps not.

DestinationHong Kong
ClassFirst Class

Don't risk it.

Sharia law applies upon this aircraft. Lousy IFE, not safe to be in Brunei if you have alcohol, are LGTBIQ or get mixed up in other so called crimes. Airport in Bandar is really bad. Lounge so basic. Avoid!

DestinationHeathrow Airport (LHR), Longford, UK
ClassBusiness Class
BookingThird Party

WARNING SHARIA LAW ON BOARD

Boycott this airline and anything to do with this country, including the hotel chain owned by the sultanate.
Sharia law on board the aircraft even when in another country.
This could mean your death for being misconstrued.

Yuck.

Delayed by 24+ hours from London to Melbourne. By law, I was entitled to compensation but the airline was very cagey about letting myself and other passengers know what our rights were. This information was not willingly offered, and was only given when repeatedly asked. Getting the compensation itself was painful. Customer service takes a long time for any responses. Finally got compensated, but took way too long.
The flights themselves were painful also, due to delays we were fully crammed on every leg, with their attempt to clear back logs. Even when there were some free rows, no one was allowed to move to them. Being crammed 3 in a row, with a whole free row in front of us (that were weren’t allowed to use) was like a form of torture.
Not to mention Brunei itself was an awful stop over, both the airport and the country. Will never use again and will never travel to the country again.

Given recent changes in Laws against homosexuality in Brunei, I hope to see changes in Australia’s laws that will not allow this airline to operate in my homeland. And if so - believe me, it will be no great loss.

DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia
BookingThrough Airline

I will never fly again with this airline

I have used this airline many times flying from Australia. Unfortunately with the Brunei government's new harsh Sharia Laws I cannot support this airline knowing the proceeds will go to line the pockets of people who introduced such harmful stone age laws!

Boycott this country and their royal airline

Forget about flying with this airline. If you are LGBT you can be arrested by them and held in international space just for being, gay, lesbian or trans. These people will stone you to death.

HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSERS

Under no circumstance will I, nor should any humane individual, support Brunei in any way following it’s introduced law to stone LGBTQI people to death. This is barbaric and in violation of the human rights of people to live their lives free from harm. I will not ever fly with this airline or support any hotels owned by the Sultan of Brunei while this horrific law is in place.

I am shocked that stone age barbarity can continue in the 21St Century.

I am shocked that stone age barbarity can continue in the 21St Century. Don't they have universities over there that explain why people are born gay? It's called science....but ignorance seems to continue the persecution!

Human Rights Abusers have no right to run a business

Brunei has introduced a law to stone LGBTQI people to death - as well as adulterers. This is barbaric and in violation of the human rights of people to live their lives free from harm. I will not ever fly with this airline or support any hotels owned by the Sultan of Brunei who is one of the wealthiest people in the world. He wants to whip and stone people. To death. Think about that for a moment. Regardless of what you think about sexuality - what if it were you or someone you love.

Boycott
Hotel Plaza Athenee, Paris
Hotel Eden, Rome
Hotel Principe di Savoia, Milan

Murderers

Unable to consider flying this airline as Brunei has sanctioned the murder of LGBTIQ people. As I would be subjected to their barbaric and horrific laws upon boarding their airline, I will give it a miss.

Disgraceful human rights - to be avoided

This is the state airline of Brunei - a country that has just passed Sharia law making homosexual acts and adultery crimes punishable by stoning to death. Yes ..... STONING TO DEATH!!

Do not support a government that has such barbaric inhumane laws.

Unsafe

I have flown once but never again for fear of being stoned to death. The law just introduced making it legal to stone to death gay people or anyone suspected of adultery.

BookingThrough Airline

Danger to your freedom and safety

Risk you being executed or physically whipped if you are LGBTIQ, engage in non marital intercorse. Having this airline flying in Australia is putting our citizens at undue risk. No thanks!

ClassEconomy

Flight experience with food service on the plane (Singapore to Melbourne approximately 7 hours)

I was flying from Singapore to Melbourne on Friday the Ist February 2019, flight B1005, seat Number 52 A and my husband 52 C.At about 3 AM the air hostess came around giving early breakfast with muffins and biscuits, she only gave them to the adjacent seats and neglected giving them to the aisle on my side. Another air hostess (a man) came and gave drinks to both sides of the aisle including us. We were disappointed at the service. We did not ask the air hostess anything about this thinking that they will turn up at some time to come and offer us. We often fly with Brunei Airlines because the flights are cheap.

The very best value for money.

Melbourne to London Been three times before with this excellent airline. .Again in July.. Well worth looking out for a sale price in January. Delighted that a whopping five hours has been cut off the flying Time.

ClassBusiness Class
BookingThird Party
Every nation is entitled to make there own laws that they think best for there own people. If they abide them they are not inhuman however other people see it differently.

Great airline - Melbourne to London return

Second time I've flown with RB from Melb to London Heathrow and back. I've flown on many carriers over the years and my experiences with RB are only bettered by Air New Zealand. I'm 6'4" and had no problem with leg room, service was attentive and polite throughout, food was very good for flight meals and travel time (incl. transit) was great. The 787s they use are spacious and quiet when compared to alternatives. Brunei is an Islamic country and as a result there is no alcohol on the flight, and there is a prayer before each take off. The words of the prayer are quite lovely, and you can ignore it if you want to.

Movie and music selection could have been broader but there was sufficient options to keep me entertained and there are lots of Disney movies for kids.

There is no way to make such a long journey enjoyable, but a good airline like RB makes it do-able.

Will definitely look to fly RB again.

Great Airline for the price.

3rd time I have used Royal Brunei and will continue to do so, you get what you pay for and I always say that Royal Brunei is excellent value for money