• Seat Room

Shocking service- trying to get a refund due to COVID 19

Dismayed
DismayedGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Weeks and weeks of lies

Tried to get refunded in March for cancelled flights , they are trying to take processing fee and oblivious to the fact they can’t honour the flight due to the restrictions of Covid 19 ( yeah!)
Been told done on certain date , told to contact bank , given the runaround .
Still no refund in our account.
You must take matters further with this lot as they are being told from the airline how to handle customers .
The fact that we will never use them again doesn’t cut much I know, as they couldn’t give a toss clearly , but people be warned in a problem they are useless albeit cunning.

Disappointed customer

Since covid19 I have contacted Royal Brunei Airlines since the beginning of March for a refund for 4 adults. They have made so many excuses, but I still have no refund. I’m so disappointed with their service and the lack of knowledge and understanding of what’s going on around the globe. Customers should not have to wait 4-6 weeks for a refund, and if that is the case I’ve waited my time, and it’s not a small amount of money. You need a wake up call Royal Brunei.

Jerry JVictoria

Poor Customer Service

Wonderful Service on board the plane but scum baggage handlers? They are criminals yes in burieni

Nill
NillVictoria

Stolen Luggage $500 lost.

First let me say, in flight the staff are very nice, snacks and drinks make the rounds regularly. I had 2 4 flight in total with Brunei to and from Japan, 2/4
However, on my flight to Tokyo about $500 worth of luggage was stolen right out of my suitcase as Brunei was my connecting flight I didn't notice until i arrived in Tokyo.

Wish I could give a better rating, but luggage handlers that thieve from travellers is simply unacceptable.

James
JamesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor service and stinky hotel stay due to flight delay

Jenna
Jennamelbourne

Royal Brunei Airlines

We booked a Royal Brunei flight from Melbourne to London return in economy class. Expecting the usual "knees under the chin seats" we were pleasantly surprised when we boarded the plane and settled into our allocated seats. The leg room was enormous. My daughter and her boyfriend are 6 feet plus and they had ample room for their long legs. This space cannot be compared to any other airline's economy seating - it was great. The excellent service provided by the flight attendants who always smiled and attended to any passenger needs. All in all an above average economy class flight.

Prof. John tully
Prof. John tully

Not good enough, RBA

Vanessa
VanessaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Melbourne to Manila - cheap but long stop over is not worth it

Darren
DarrenAustralia

Perfect and happy travel

We traveled MEL to London and back, aircrafts are clean and on time, service on board is excellent. Crew is friendly and attentive, For the price we paid it is great to travel with Royal Brunei and much savings compared to others charges on this route. Will definitely use Royal Brunei for future travel.

jimbo_80
jimbo_80

Not safe

I booked a flight to London with Royal Brunei, as they seemed to have good reviews.
But only a few weeks later it was announced that Sharia Law will apply from April 5, not only in Brunei but also on board their aircraft. Being LGBT, I don't want to run the risk of being jailed, or stoned to death. I pulled out of my flight, but my wallet is now $450 lighter as they wouldn't budge on the cancellation fee.
If you care about human rights, don't fly with this airline.

Don't risk it.

Sharia law applies upon this aircraft. Lousy IFE, not safe to be in Brunei if you have alcohol, are LGTBIQ or get mixed up in other so called crimes. Airport in Bandar is really bad. Lounge so basic. Avoid!

Greg from Australia
Greg from AustraliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

WARNING SHARIA LAW ON BOARD

Boycott this airline and anything to do with this country, including the hotel chain owned by the sultanate.
Sharia law on board the aircraft even when in another country.
This could mean your death for being misconstrued.

Yuck.

Ishpa S.
Ishpa S.asked

Hello, I will be flying to Dubai (RBA) to do my internship at UAEU. My friend and I have different fare type (booking class), so is it possible for us to seat together when we both check in together?

Jerry J

Upon check in they will usually oblige and let u seat together. All depends how busy the flight will be for the sector. Good luck!

roie
roieasked

hello
If I take alcohol on board can I drink it on board? And will ant of it be confiscated in a stopover in Brunei - I'm going to London.
Also, How much alcohol can be taken in check-in luggage please?

Jerry J

Firstly, u cannot get through the gates before boarding. Your bags are checked by border control and if u succeed then air crew could confiscate your alcohol i guess it's a mark of respect.

Mag's K.
Mag's K.asked

I have not selected a seat for my wife.....Do i have to do this or will she just get allocated one.

Jerry J

U can book seats together 24 hour prior to check in online.

See all Royal Brunei Airlines questions