Russell Hobbs Addison Digital Kettle RHK510

Russell Hobbs Addison Digital Kettle RHK510

MPN: RHK510

See the Best Electric Kettles in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

snapback

snapback

So far, so good...

I was given this kettle as a Christmas present, so I haven't owned or used it for long. However, I think it has been designed nicely (in a visual sense). Yes, the power cord is VERY short, so if you can't place it right next to a power point, either don't buy it or use an extension cord. The beep beep when boiled is very quiet, and often I don't hear it. The thermostat seems particularly inaccurate: to boil at 100C, it just keeps going, long after the water has boiled, then eventually stops. The "Coffee 95C" setting actually boils the water, but shuts off just after boiling, so I use this setting instead of the 100C one. Time will tell how reliable it will be, but so far I am satisfied with it.

Purchased in December 2019.

Vin LeverMid North Coast, NSW

Variable temperatures for differing purposes from Russel Hobbs kettle preset

Recently purchased this kettle after the previous cheaper one failed when the plastic top hinge on the lid broke - a weakness in the new top opening kettles.
I liked the various temperature controls for different teas and coffee. I have tried them and I think my filter and plunger coffee tastes better. Boils quickly but does not get too hot. Pours OK and allows for boiling of smaller amounts of water.
Neat looking kitchen object.

Purchased in August 2019 at BIGW for $79.00.

ak47wong

ak47wongAU

A good kettle with some design flaws

Purchased in May 2019 at Big W.

David

DavidSydney Surrounds, NSW

Buttons get stuck - don't buy this!

We had this kettle for about 6 months before the most commonly used temperature setting buttons began to get stuck. Sometimes we'd have to press them multiple times, and very hard, for them to work. Other times, the kettle would just keep boiling and not shut off properly - probably because it "thought" that we were holding down the button, when in fact it was just stuck.

Poor manufacturing quality.

Purchased in April 2018.

AnthonySydney, NSW

Leaked after 3 days from new !!

It looked great. Stainless steel body and had a 2 year warranty. Also the price was reasonable in the mid range for water kettles. But after only three days it started leaking water from the bottom of the water level window.
That's pretty poor design or quality control. I am not going to replace it with anything Russell Hobbs, as I don't trust their quality.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

PetamSydney, NSW

Dangerous leak after 2.5weeks of purchase

After purchasing this kettle only 2 and a half weeks ago I went to turn kettle on and it wasn’t working. I noticed water leaking from the plastic window display which had gone through the electrics at the base. I’m lucky not to have been electrocuted. It maybe a dangerous manufacturing fault but I would not recommend this kettle.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

HobogregGoulburn Valley, VIC

Top Job.

What a Great easy to use Kettle. I looked around and done my research and this is it. The winner in saving power no more boil-boil until it trips not this, it has a Coffee button for the perfect temperature 5 pre-set buttons for Black tea to Green tea. All I know is this is the best kettle none come close. Beep Beep. (The people in the know what this means.)

Martine Zerafa Vella

Martine Zerafa Vellaasked

Just bought this kettle when I was pouring boiling water the filter fell out and I'm having trouble putting it back in the plastic on the filter cut my finger and it's not sitting how it should in the kettle ??

Vin Lever

Looks like the mesh filter pits into place near the spout - just clips on with a little bit if plastic surround.
Must be broken off - suggest you take the kettle back and replace it as I cannot readily find replacement bits

PeterF

PeterFasked

Does this Kettle beep when boiled? I don’t want it to, my current Sunbeam does and don’t like it. Can anyone confirm please?

Anthony

Yes it does. But it's a very discreet beep....

Hobogreg

Hello Peter, maybe this is not for you unless a very small beep, beep, Is what I said in my review. Let us know what ya buy. It would down right great if you get a better kettle than this.

Tessasked

Does the keep warm function work on the 100 degree setting? Mine seems to work for all others except this.

Petam

I no longer have the kettle but the keep warm button did not work at all.

Hobogreg

Hi Tess, I rarely use the keep warm function. I just tried it and the keep warm works for all except hottest (boil) setting. Thinking the second hottest is almost boiling, when you are about to pick it up flick it on to boil. Hope that helps. I still think this is the best and (hottest) kettle I have ever bought. Cheers Greg.

Tess

Thanks for your answers everyone, I was worried it may have been faulty. Loving the kettle so far!

Get an answer from our members and Russell Hobbs representatives