Russell Hobbs RHSC650

Russell Hobbs RHSC650

MPN: RHB-RHSC650

See the Best Slow Cookers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mark in PerthPerth, WA

More "seal and simmer" than slow cooker

This is my 3rd slow cooker, successor to an excellent Cuisinart, but half the price. Mostly used to make chicken bone broth. Simple controls, so easy to use, and the lightweight insert makes hand washing so much easier compared to a heavy ceramic insert. I say seal and simmer because I noticed after about 12 hours that my bone broth was at a low simmer, which is a higher temperature than I expected on LOW. I have yet to try browning meat in it, but I imagine it would cook a lovely chicken dinner in about an hour.

Purchased in December 2018.

bucaneerAU

Excellent slow cooker and great after sales service

Purchased in October 2018.

J-ManSydney

Wow!! Amazing. Worth every dollar!!

First time owning a slow cooker. Wasn’t sure it would work but this was the easiest thing. Just put in the meat set timer for 8hrs came home to most succulent delicious meat ever. Literally falling apart. So easy to clean and use. There are hundreds of recipies to try.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Blanche R.

Blanche R.Perth

Can't live without it!

Cooks meat (red and chicken) perfectly. Half of our winter meals are now prepared in this slow cooker. Feel perfectly comfortable leaving it on during the day while no one is home. Steam is locked in with the lid. Easy to press buttons and clear LCD screen shows remaining time. Very reliable and happy with it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Jen

JenInverell

Love it!

I did a fair bit of research before buying this slow cooker. I really wanted one that I could brown the meat in and then use the same pot for slow cooking (why dirty two dishes if you can cut it down to one?!). I also wanted one with a timer so that I could set it start an hour or so after I leave for work.
The Russell Hobbs slow cooker does both! It’s a great size, not too big and not too small (we’re a family of 5). I’ve started cooking all my roasts in it and they finish up being so tender that I can’t lift them out in one piece.
It’s easy to use, easy to clean and makes great meals. Would recommend this to anyone!!

Dawny

DawnyRingwood

Good looking

I am very happy with the cooking results. It is very easy to clean and does a very good job. The products features are very proficient and do the job extremely well. If anything happened to the one I have got, I would buy another one the same without any hesitation. I do recommend this product.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Ally

AllyBrisbane

Love it!

Wonderful slow cooker - cooks meats perfectly. Reasonably priced compared to some others and works just as well. It's a good size too - I use it almost everyday and it hasn't let me down. Only issue is that it isn't dishwasher friendly but that doesn't worry me. It can be used on the stove top to sear meats which is a bonus.

Mick66

Mick66Morwell

Russell Hobbs

My my my what a great cooker iv had this little beauty since iv got this in jan this year its has been my favorite one hasn't let me down got it from the good guys got it delivered straight to my door you couldn't ask for anything better Thump's up

Michelle

MichelleAdelaide

My favourite winter item

Russell Hobbs has done it again! This is my favourite winter item because I set it up before work and come home to a fragrant house. The features are very straight forward to use and the results are always fantastic! It is easy to clean and it actually looks great on my kitchen bench!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
keith k

keith kMelbourne

Affordable slow cooker!

Makes great slow cook dishes. Cooked lamb shanks for 8 hours and it turned out perfect. I really like how the heat is constant and it leaves the meat intact. I wont need to worry about the dish drying out as it retains liquids really well. Highly recommended to all busy people.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Happy with performance

Easy to use, not using much space in pantry, and definetely manual book showing all perfectly.
I had it for months and not even any issues until now.
The built looks okay but for functions are the most i looking for.
Price is not as bad the other brand and pretty good warranty, too

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Barry

BarryVictoria, 3201

Thank goodness for the aluminum teflon dish

I have very bad arthritis, the lightness of picking up the cooker is amazing with this feature and the cleaning a breeze. The cooking of the meats speaks for its self, so tender and succulent, will never again cook a casserole or roast in my oven, well done Russell Hobbs

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Sam

Samasked

I have just bought this and used it twice. Love it. I have read things lately about aluminium seeping into ceramic and glazes that contain lead. Would you please advise how safe this is? Thanks

bucaneer

Sam, I have not heard any thing like this, but the Russell Hobbs RHSC650 does not have any ceramics. I also love it with one reservation. It's low setting cooks like high on other cookers I have owned. Instead of 8 hours, mine cooks everything in 3-4 hours. However, the food tastes sensational and the fact that it automatically switches to "keep warm" for the next 10 hours negates it's faster cooking times. My first cooker was cooking fast, so I contacted them and they were wonderful, replacing it in super fast time, but the second one was the same, so I decided to live with it and did not pursue it any further.

Mark in Perth

I have the unit in question, and I can say with some certainty that I have no concerns with aluminum mixing with my food nor with lead. I understand the concern with lead poisoning, as I have a minor in chemistry and I would have no problem feeding my extended family from this cooker. The glass lid is, well, pure glass. And the base is what I believe to be non-stick Teflon coated. It runs a bit hotter that your usual slow-cooker, but apart from that it would be an excellent purchase.

Dee
Dee

Hi Sam, I just purchased mine and it is still in the box as I am a little hesitant to use it as I have the same concerns as you. I have recently read that ceramic or ceramic coated bowls, (which this is ceramic coated) when heated to high degrees, which this does can cause lead poisoning. In California they have labelling to determine if you product is safe but unfortunately there is nothing here and most companies obviously just claim they are safe???

Hellokitty9

Hellokitty9asked

Can you dry cook such as making kebabs and or make muffins?

J-Man

Not really. Not enough room for kebabs and muffins need a muffin tin and it’s better using an oven.

Tracyg

Tracygasked

With the timer, does the cooker turn off, or just to warm?

Keeps it warm.