Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

Ryobi 18V One+ Pole Pruner OPP1820

MPN: OPP1820

See the Best Hedge Trimmers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Oil leaks

The saw has only been used for several minutes and it leaking the bar and chain oil down the pole. Very annoying. Back to Bunnings. We are in the country with our closest store an hour away.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $119.00.

Dave

DavePerth, WA

Dear Ryobi, useful piece of equipment and works. However, user manual is a joke, a cartoon with no words? Disappointed

Dear Ryobi, useful piece of equipment and works. However, user manual is a joke. l would be embarrassed to produce something like this, a cartoon with no words? Very Disappointed

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $198.00.

Saw OK, Ryobi Fail

Saw has been good,Available up until recently. Critical parts no longer available for a relatively new item. I now have the Ryobi $200 paperweight. Not very pleased and will think twice before buying Ryobi again.

Purchased in January 2018.

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great idea but build quality seems average

I purchased this a few months ago because the price was good, i've had good success with other Ryobi ONe+ tools, and already had the batteries. This Pole saw is a great idea and so far has worked fine for me, however the chain oil seems to leak out all over the place and runs down the pole, handle, motor, etc. It also doesn't seem to be oiling the chain from what i can see which will lead to premature chain failure down the track too. I think this has some serious design flaws that need to be rectified. As this has the 6yr Ryobi warranty i have a bad feeling i may be needed it sooner than later. But time will tell!

Purchased in August 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $199.00.

BarryCMelbourne

No problems despite what I'd read here.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
BarryC

I’ve since found out that one of the standard generic chains can be used as a replacement. Bunnings sells them so don’t need to go through Ryobi for a new chain.

Daryl H

Daryl HUpwey

Poor quality

Oil leaked from seemingly everywhere upon first filling it. This was brand new. What a mess. I still soldiered on and tried getting the pruner to even spin and it was dead with the battery fully charged.

Unfortunately my wife threw out the receipt, so I will see if I can fix this myself, but the lack of any life doesn't give me hope. Thanks for other comments about how to fix the hose. Hopefully the oil leaking everywhere hasn't ruined it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Dodger

Dodger

Top Heavy

Bought one today, but it's very top heavy, the trigger is at one end and the weight at the other, no matter how you adjust the harness it's just impossible to use at it's full length...returned.
Staff member at Bunnings told me they are hard to use.
If they had the trigger half way down it would have made a difference.
The shorter one which I have is great.

Date PurchasedFeb 2019

Daniel

Daniel

Disappointed in Ryobi cordless product range - failing just after warranty expiration

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Pole saw seems seized

For some reason my Ryobi battery operated saw just stopped and seems to be seized. It has operated perfectly since I bought it and I am very happy with it. When I push the levers to operate it nothing happens and the chain cog won’t turn. Anyone else had this or overcome it some how?

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hibullet

HibulletForster

This Faulty Product Remains on Sale

Purchased this product a few days ago. On first use it had oil running down the pole. A quick search has revealed this is a common occurrence.
I spoke to Ryobi's technical support today and drew their attention to these reviews. They claimed they had no knowledge of the problem. I was advised to pull it apart and see if I could locate the problem.
My request to have them look into the matter and call me back was rejected. I was told if I wasn't prepared to pull it apart I should return it.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Oil leaks the second time around

Purchased this a month ago and within half an hour of usage had the chain oil running down the pole onto my hands. Took it back to Bunnings and they said that have never had an issue with this unit and replaced it. The second unit has the exact same problem, back to Bunnings we go...

Denito

DenitoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

OK for the money if you can fix it!

Potential is great

I found the oil ran out of it all down the handle it did not appear to get on the chain. There was a piece of sponge in the oil compartment should that have stayed or be removed. It did work ok . I was concerned about the oil on the battery contacts.

Matt Hylton

Matt HyltonAU

Great. However it’s got a little flaw.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
leelee

leeleeGold Coast

a returner

Purchased at bunnings. Tried it out and couldnt tighten,the ,ost important part of it, it kept slipping, so couldnt do the job it was meant to do. Too dangerouse to much about with a product thats being used on a ladder up a tree! Returned it,staff who thought he was a very important person, didnt like the fact we returned it. Bought a much better quality one elsewhere, works like a dream.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Gazajr

GazajrGladstone

Where have you been all my life.

Awesome. Purchased this little beauty a couple of weeks ago and gave it a flogging on the weekend. Mum has a large Jacaranda tree in her back yard. This saw gave me access from the ground and ripped the thing to pieces easy as. Green branches up to 150mm were a breeze and as I had a hedge trimmer with the same extension poles, I added another that gave me access to around 4m in height. 3 ute loads in minutes. The thing is still brand new so the longevity of the product is unknown at this point.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Fiona292

Fiona292Canberra

Does the job but not as easily as I’d hoped.

The pruner has a central extension that you can remove, I can only use it in the shorter version as it’s pretty top heavy, the male in the house has less difficulty but agrees that it’s not well balanced. I can see so many ways to better design this tool, it’s a shame Ryobi missed the opportunity. Regardless, it does the job well and runs fairly quietly.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Heath

HeathBrisbane

Surprisingly Capable.

I purchased the Ryobi Pole Pruner to tame all that was difficult to reach in a Queensland yard. The product is a surprisingly capable little pruner. As others have mentioned, it does have a drinking problem. Do keep bar oil by side. And like all chainsaw the chain does require regular sharpening to perform well. Very happy with the purchase, ideal for domestic pruning purposes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Trev

Trevbrisbane

Oil leak problem solved.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

bzyb

bzybaustralia

Easy to use and manage , some disappointments.

Uses a lot of chain bar oil, this runs down the handle and dips out the front of the chain,,,, The chain requires tighten/adjusting often... only had the pruner 3 weeks appears to need a new chain I will check with my local Bunnings store next week,.. Easy to use and manage handles the pruning I need to do well, battery has good life .Lady gardener..

Date PurchasedNov 2017