VerifiedMPN:RTS1825RG

GrahamWide Bay-Burnett, QLD2 posts

max
maxPerth, WA2 posts

disappointed

purchased the Ryobi able saw last year from Bunnings Midland WA appeared good at first but the table of the saw has warped 5mm from eating edge to centre, the saw has been kept in the same position and is level.
Contacted Ryobi twice with no response n can’t see any way of levelling the table
wouldn’t recommend this Ryobi saw
Billy
Billy4 posts

Very happy with this table saw

I bought this table saw after returning the Ozito equivalent. Very happy with it and the quality of the cuts it produces a very good. The setup was quick and easy, the motor runs smoothly and is quiet and the cats are near perfect. Overall very happy. Show details
Glynn P
Glynn PSydney, NSW2 posts

Good while it lasted

Had this saw for 7 months doing small furniture construction jobs. I had been quite happy with it. although you do need to spend time making sure the blade is square and the fence aligned to get straight cuts. Unfortunately recently the motor developed a loud rattle and died. Very disappointing considering the price I paid for it. It's going back to Bunnings to be replaced under warranty. Show details
Carmelo F.
Carmelo F.Sydney, NSW

Also disappointed if could not do better

I had this table saw for 12 months and is great for light/medium jobs but get yourself a higher end blade as the one provided is rubbish. Used it on some harder timber and the motor just stopped working. Looking at motor capacity it has 1800w in comparison to some of the other big brands which your paying twice as much. Show details
bushmagpie
bushmagpieAU72 posts

ridgeauOrange15 posts

Disappointed could have been better

Purchased this unit through Bunnings a couple of weeks ago.
The fence is terribly and does not lock down straight, there is no measurement on the other side of the table so difficult to align, it also moves easily when locked so a small bump changes the measurement.
The table is not level and the single adjustable foot is not adequate to level the unit(floor surface is level).
The cut guide behind the blade is not alligned correctly making it impossible to use the safety gaurd.
The mitre gauge is loose for a mitre gauge.
I have contacted Ryobi over a week ago with no reply as yet.
Has plenty of power if you can work through the problems, I will return the unit to Bunnings. Show details
Jeff
JeffPerth

Great saw

Brought this saw today, the fence lines up perfectly to the blade and cuts perfectly straight, there is a little play with the mitre slots but nothing too serious. The motor is powerful enough, i was cutting rough saw jarrah and it had no problems getting through it. I can't find a serious fault with it yet. Time will tell i guess.

Skyer
SkyerBrisbane, QLD28 posts

Jim
JimRichmond-Tweed, NSW3 posts

Reduction Gear Box failure

After very little use there has been a gear box failure . Motor runs blade doesn't. . Checking through hand book it would appear that this is not a spare part. It's a pity because I love ryobi tools and own a heap of them, all exellent.{ not this one]

I hope Ryobi has a solution

Frank Li
Frank Li4 posts

Works OK

Bought it to replace my previous ALDI crap. Overall I like the design and features, cast aluminium table top, soft start motor, reasonably good accuracy. My first one had problem with one of the legs and riving knife not aligned to the blade. Replaced it and the second one is perfect. Comparing to more expensive Makita which doesn't even have soft start motor, this is probably the best choice at this price.

Mack H
Mack HWharton3 posts

Weaver79
Weaver79Gouburn

Disapointing

I bought this table saw from Bunnings for $479 and I don't really like it. The table mitre-slots (grooves used to slide the gage to make the cuts) are not aligned properly to the blade. I looked in the manual and there is no pictorial instructions to adjust it. It just says to take it to a service centre. Also the fence never aligns properly too. Also the mitre-guide rattles about and is not a snug fit in the slot. I will take it back to bunnings and see what they say. Shame cause i love Ryobi stuff and have a lot of it