Samsonite 72 hours 71cm Spinner

Samsonite 72 hours 71cm Spinner

1.3

Piece of crap

After one trip with this suitcase there was a tear to the top part of the suitcase. I travel weekly with other luggage and this has never happened. I bought Samsonite to as I thought it was an investment on the so called perceived cheaper brands. Samsonite claim this was airline carriers fault and therefore not covered by their warranty. They were very unhelpful and impossible to reach. Will never buy this brand again nor would recommend it to anyone else.

Broken easily, ignored warranty

If you are considering purchasing a suitcase from this company I urge you to reconsider. I have been in contact with 2 separate customer service representatives for seven months over a faulty suitcase. I have over 30 emails, mostly sent by me, as the replies dry up after they realise I should get a replacement as per my warranty. I am so frustrated and dissatisfied with the non-help I have received. I thought Samsonite was an investment, and it was worth the price for a durable suitcase. It is not.

PP14

PP14

Woeful quality and service

I wish I had read these reviews before purchase. I had the bag for a measly 4 days before the handle became loose on one side and then jammed all together.

After reading these reviews I contacted Samsonite and dug my heels in, refusing to accept their standard template replies.

Samsonite wanted to collect the bag to inspect it but I refused, instead sending them a short video of the damaged bag and demanding a refund in accordance with consumer law. It took a week but they finally agreed and I returned the bag to David Jones for a full refund.

The quality and service received were equally woeful. Thanks to the experiences of others here I was able to address the problem fairly quickly.

Suitcases

Find out how Samsonite 72 hours 71cm Spinner compares to other Suitcases

sweb

swebWest Australia

Very Dissappointed 2.9 kg super light weight Applite

No customer service , no feed back

Juju

Juju

Waste of Money

Just like a number of people have reported - used once and handle has jammed/bent. Ends of the zippers broken off. Not covered under warranty. Very disappointed and a waste of money.

Simple jj

Simple jjAdelaide

Very disappointed

Bought from Strandbags. The handle got stuck after the 1st trip. I took it back and was told that's caused by mishandling therefore not covered by warranty. I had other luggages together with it on the same trip. Unfortunately it seems some airport luggage staff specially picked this Samsonite case and mishandled it! Never buy Samsonite again.

Michpink

MichpinkBrisbane

Very disappointed

I was so hopeful. It had a great weight, volume, manoeuvrability, expandability and then the zipper failed and popped open 3 times on the first use. I took it back to Myers and they refunded and I purchased a Samsonite Blite 3 instead. I hope it will be a better choice. I chose this one to replace it as it had a double wheel and appeared to feel more stable.

Tkal