Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" 4G (2016)

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" 4G (2016)

MPN: ITZPTABSAMUDBB

Bhuwan

BhuwanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect mid range tablet

Very good tablet for the price. I still have this tablet. It is not very fast but you get what you pay for. It is inexpensive and daily use tablet.

Purchased in November 2016 at Optus for $384.00.

Security

Chris AGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Neat little tablet.

Purchased in December 2018.

PollyfodderNorth Queensland, QLD

A very Apologetic Customer Service "Team" of "Speciallist" Excuse Makers

Purchased in March 2018.

Security
Dave

DaveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very handy little device, perfect for around the house mobile internetsing

Picked up a new Galaxy Tab A 8 through a telstra deal and we're extremely happy with it. Share it with the wife and we both use it for easy internet access and apps throughout the house. Screen is sharp and easy to read, plenty of processing power to run all the apps we need and has a sleek and shiny finish!

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Wander44

Wander44Dubbox

Excellent tablet for convenience

Nice device to use and carry about not too big but plenty of real estate to use and see at great ease. Battery life is very good as well. Crisp and clear screen with great automatic contrast and brightness control takes care of changing things when you move into a dim room.device speed is get too.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Sarah H

Sarah H

Great handy Tablet

Got this from Telstra. It's a great tablet for everyday personal use. Using this for 10 months now and haven't had any issues so far. Value for money. Good battery life (12 -14 hours) and enough storage. Quality rear camera and loved the pictures. Easy to carry design and totally love the product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Greg

GregSouth East Queensland, QLD

LOVE my Samsung Tablet.

I love my tablet so much because I no longer have to cart my Lap Top around with me. It does everything my Laptop does. I can access all my apps with no problems at all. I can access my Netflix account and download movies and watch them anywhere. Also comes in very handy when on holidays to pay bills and check emails.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Bill K

Bill KAU

Works great

Does an excellent job as a small and basic tablet in my opinion. Can view and share my files, emails, photos, access Wi-Fi anywhere. Nice for occasionally watching catchup tv on iview when away, really works well for reading books and playing music. I would recommend getting a good cover to keep it from damage, one that is easy to access rear camera.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
PeterWH

PeterWHTorrens 2607, ACT

cant fault this tablet

I have had this table for the past 18 months and even though I brought it second hand,it does exactly what I want and need.I have a case for it,BUT no sim,so I rely on wifi to use it.
Ovverall I have no complaints with it and even though its been discontinued,its like a Toyota motor car,its keeps on keeping on.
Well done to Samsung for a good and reliable product

Jodine T

Jodine TPerth

It's Okay to use as a Phone but not a Tablet!

I find the touch screen isn't that good and it lags. It also shuts down apps often when it freezes up. I don't use it much for this reason. Internal storage is also very low and you cannot store much on this device, as is. I would not recommend buying this is you want something that is reliable and fast, for lots of use. I love my Lenovo Yoga Book, awesome tablet!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Katym

KatymSydney

Great Product Does Everything I Need without having to upgrade my computer

First IPad I have purchased. Wanted something easy to use, access internet and emails on the run. Samsung products easy to use a with back up customer support. No longer need a laptop computer as Samsung Galaxy Tab A provides most functions.Will continue to use Samsung products when upgrading or purchasing new products.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Kayla B

Kayla BAU

Ill never upgrade again!

Seriously Omg its actually the Best quality tablet I've ever owned ever.. i dont think ill ever upgrade again. Im absolutely in love lol
I would recommend this to family and friends for sure

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Dyson Pelgrave

Dyson PelgraveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great tablet

This tablet allowed for phone and data functionality which proved to be beneficial, if this device was just to be used for its data connection, in a pinch you change over the sim card it becomes a fully functional phone also. I do believe that 16gb is too small of internal storage however a micro SD card can upgrade it's capacity.

Codeguru

Codeguru

Excellent size

I prefer glab A on iPad as of easy software .lite weight . 4G extendable internal memory with sd card up to 256 gig. RAM is 2gig which not that bad for tablet . You can do all basic things with Galaxy tab A good for kids studies and home work.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Zoe Woodbury

Zoe WoodburyCaboolture

Great for when i need it

I have my computer, my phone, my work computer, my laptop and when I need it the tablet is there for me to fill in any spaces that I need. It is easy for on the go, with 4G I can watch Netflix when I am out, distract the kids in the car without losing my phone. BIG WIN!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Glenn

GlennQueensland

Great value

Great Tablet and well priced. Has a hood selection of apps and accessories and is a better option than more expensive modules due to how fast electronics go out of date. The battery life is good, camera is good quality and processing speed is adequate. The option to use external memory card is great and is some competitiors downside.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Danielle D

Danielle DAU

Great little tablet

Great little tablet for on the go. Lightweight and easy to use. Pixel resolution is amazing. Very clear and bright.The only fault I say is that it runs hot sometimes and can lag every so often.
This is the 3rd tablet I have brought from Samsung and would gladly purchase another Samsung product in the near future

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Angie B

Angie BPerth

Great product

I love my tablet does all the things that I need it to do and doesn't waste my time on things I don't need. While it's not the biggest or the fastest model tablet out there it is perfect for browsing the web or Facebook and emails and playing games

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Angelina

AngelinaRedland Bay

Nice slim model, good for travelers

I received this tablet as a bonus product when getting the Note 8. It is thinner than my other Samsung tablet so is handy for travelling. It is easy to use and hasnt had any glitches like my old one, mainly randomly turning itself off. It does everything i want and is handy when i need a bigger screen than the Note8.

Daddy Swag

Daddy Swagbig V

Love it, near perfect.

Great tablet that is near faultless. Only down sides are low capacity of 16gb but is SD upgradeable so its not an issue and screen resolution isnt full hd. Does everything you would need a basic tablet to do. Great over wifi or 4G internet with great battery life, very bright well detailed screen and very user friendly.

Would recommend!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

3lionsasked

Hi,
Excuse my ignorance, but will this work using a SIM card? Like an oversized mobile basically. I noticed it says 4g, so I'm hoping that's what that means. If using wifi how safe is that?

Bob
Bob

There are basically two versions of the Tab A.
The wifi version. Works on wifi not on a network.
The SIM card version called Tab A lte.
This takes a SIM and can be used like a mobile phone. It is a couple of hundred dollars more than the wifi version.

Chris A

The T385 has SIM but the T380 does not.

3lions

Thanks, I've got the T385, so that's great.
Thankyou for your reply :)

Jude

Judeasked

I can make and receive calls but can't hear the other end and they can't hear me how can I fix this?

vicvicvic
vicvicvic

Not sure. Better call Samsung!

benniebeng4556

Turn volte off, use hands-free esrplugs

mauricek

mauricekasked

Is there any benefit in installing a mini SD card in my Samsung Tab A 8 inch?

SavvySaver
SavvySaver

Absolutely, you can keep other data like music, and movies on the SD and keep the main tablets memory for apps.

Yes there is!
As much as my tablets Samsung programs give me the eebie-jeebies, one must be fair and acknowledge that there are many benefits to installing a 128 or 256gig SD card, esspecially if one has thousands of music files on one tablet and hundreds of movies on the other.
Good screen size for the later.

Just install a THIRD PARTY file manager like "File Manager Pro", (the blue folder one), and you can create sub folders for different artists, and music genre's, or folders for 60s 70s 80s etc for singles, and a folder or two or three for albums.
Endless opportunity.

In fairness to the Samsung mob, It is well worth the couple of bucks getting SD cards for your tablet!
Get one with the highest speed!
You'll have a lot of fun.
You'll be fine.
Hope you have more fun with yours than I am with mine.
Peter
Townsville

Peter your a tool.
Come on!

There is review.
There is feedback...

Then there is soapbox status with dribbling rhetorical verbal runs..

Personal issues have no place upon here. I mean this is bonkers. Really really bonkers.

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

CategoryTablets