Samsung Galaxy Tab A

Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) Questions & Answers

8.0", 10.1", 9.7", etc...
Listing monitored by Samsung

26 questions from our users

Stuart G.
Stuart G.asked

Can I use an SD card

Jay
Jay

Yes, easily, check online to see how big a card for your model

Pete H
Pete Hasked
Galaxy Tab A (2016)

Our fairly recent Tab A has carked it with a message that there is moisture detected in the power supply.
It has never been outside the house.
Is this a bug?
Help please!
Peter

KathSamsung

Hey Pete. I'm sorry to hear of this :( From what you've described, it would be best to have your Tab A booked in for assessment by our technicians. You can visit your nearest Samsung Studio to get a member of our team to assist you with this. To see if your nearest Studio is open -> https://www.samsung.com/au/samsungstore/

If your local Samsung studio store has been temporarily closed or you’re unable to make it into a Samsung Experience Store, you can follow the link below to book your device in through Australia Post.

Kath

Robyn W.
Robyn W.asked
Galaxy Tab A 8.0" Wi-Fi

Bought my tablet Christmas 2016, and it has been great up to now, except that battery life isn't wonderful. Just use for email, facebook, messenger, video messenger, jigsaw puzzles and free cell, etc. Not for netflix or any other streaming. Since last week though keep getting message *close app and *send feedback. This stops me from doing anything else and is very annoying. Is there any way I can fix it. Can't afford a new one.

AdaSamsung

Hi Robyn, we have provided a link below to assist you with apps crashing on your tablet.

In regard to the battery of your device, there are a few steps to help you with this.

However, if you continue to believe there may be a fault with your Tab A, we recommend for you to head to drop your device off to be assessed by our technicians.

You can also drop your device off at your local Australia Post office.

For our list of available stores:

Bob B
Bob Basked
8.0"

Does this tablet have a GNSS GPS for use with navigational apps?

MickSamsung

Hey Bob, I’ve provided a link below to the 2019 Galaxy Tab A 8.0” Wifi. The tablet does have GPS capability but if tis is in regards to a specific application, we’d recommend reaching out to the developers for specification and compatibility.

Mick

kadiatu b.
kadiatu b.asked
Galaxy Tab A (2016)

Can u put a simple card in & make calls

AdaSamsung

Hi Kadiatu, this depends on the Galaxy Tab A model you are looking into. With our 4G Tab A variants, you would be able to insert a SIM card in it.

John
Johnasked
Galaxy Tab A (2016)

Do you have a tablet with Bluetooth as well as WiFi?

Lynz
Lynz

Yep it has Bluetooth an wifi

AdaSamsung

Our Tab A does indeed have both Bluetooth and the ability to connect to Wi-Fi, John.

Here's a link to our latest range:

Jinkz S.
Jinkz S.asked
Galaxy Tab A (2016)

Hi! I just received the Galaxy Tab A T290 today and I got a 64gb SD card in it. The SD card is recognized and it is displaying files from said SD card but I cannot move apps from internal storage to my SD card for some reason. My tablet is completely up to date and I have tried going through the route I'm used toto which was Settings>Apps>Whichever app I select>Storage. It doesn't give me the option to change the storage to SD card even on apps that I know can be moved since I moved them on a previous device. Anyone know how to move apps on this device?

KathSamsung

Thanks for coming through, Jinkz. Happy to hear you got your hands on our Galaxy Tab A! Unfortunately only certain applications will allow you to be moved to your micro SD card. It would be best to reach out to the app developers for further information.

Kath

S D.
S D.asked

Can you use an S Pen on this

spitfire99
spitfire99

No, not on this version.

AdaSamsung

You are unable to use an S-pen with the Tab A.

Peter Wasked
Galaxy Tab A 10.5" 4G (2018)

Transfer photos from camera sd card to Tablet ??

AdaSamsung

Hi Peter, we have provided a link below to assist you with transferring files from your microSD card to your Tab A. We hope this helps.

Peter W

Could you please advise a suitable adaptor that will connect with my tablet so I can insert the sd card and down load photos straight on to the tablet.
Many thanks

AdaSamsung

If your camera uses a microSD card, you are able to insert the microSD card into the Tab A itself.

paulneri
paulneriasked

Dear Samsung
My wife (a newbie in the market for a Tablet) has asked me to ask you the following questions regarding this Tablet. We currently have a desktop PC wireless arrangement:
(1) Can I watch SBS News and other SBS programs?
(2) Can I watch ABC Iview news and other programs?
(3) Can I download books?
(4) Can I get weather and tidal forecasts?
(5) Can I buy a "5 series program" e.g. gardening series and store/watch it on the Tablet?
(6) Can I listen to content on the Tablet without earplugs i.e. like a radio? I want to prop it up in the Kitchen and listen to news etc without ear plugs.

Steve-gee
Steve-gee

Wow Paul, some gutsy questions and I am not Samsung, you should try asking them? Bless you, Steve.

Lauren D
Lauren D

Hi mate, Yeah i'm sure you can do all those things. In regards to tv shows and books you might have to download some apps from the Play Store, im not sure which ones exactly though.
Weather apps are usually pre-loaded so its a yes for that.
In regards to music, you could listen without ear plugs but i doubt it would be very loud, unless you connect to a bluetooth speaker.
I'm sure when you go to purchase the sales person could also help with these questions.

AdaSamsung

Hi Paul, we'd be sure to help you and your wife out with this :) The Galaxy Tab A is able to access the internet. Hence, if you are looking into a specific program that is able to be accessed via a website, you will be able to do so. You are also able to download a third-party application on your tablet to help you with e-books. The Galaxy Tab also has a dual speaker.

You are able to weather by the app or a simple search on the internet. With the gardening program mentioned, we recommend for you look into the application used to view your program. If you require further assistance, feel free to head to your nearest Samsung Studio or authorised Australian retailer.

nvs
nvsasked
Galaxy Tab A (2016)

I cannot find a way to change default pdf viewer from one drive to Adobe reader. Disabling one drive just makes it grey

AdaSamsung

Would you be able to follow the steps below to help you with changing your default app?

Settings > Apps > 3 dots on the top right > Default apps > OneDrive > Clear Defaults

Then, next time you open a PDF, you will be prompted on which app you would like set as your default. Hope this helps.

CoffeeGoddess
CoffeeGoddessasked
10.5"

How fast is the response time when using Facebook on the Galaxy Tab A 10.5" and does FB use a lot of storage space. Also has anyone loaded Facebook "Lite" in preference to standard Facebook? My Tab A is new and I am a "learner user".

AdaSamsung

Response time of the app is based on various factors. However, if you find that the app starts to lag, we recommend for you to clear its cache via the steps below.

Settings > Apps > Facebook > Storage > Clear cache

If you would like to clear space from the app, you can also do so by:

Settings > Apps > Facebook > Storage > Clear data.

For further information about the Facebook app, we recommend for you to contact the app developers.
Hope this helps.

3lionsasked
Galaxy Tab A 8.0" 4G

Hi,
Excuse my ignorance, but will this work using a SIM card? Like an oversized mobile basically. I noticed it says 4g, so I'm hoping that's what that means. If using wifi how safe is that?

Bob
Bob

There are basically two versions of the Tab A.
The wifi version. Works on wifi not on a network.
The SIM card version called Tab A lte.
This takes a SIM and can be used like a mobile phone. It is a couple of hundred dollars more than the wifi version.

Chris A
Chris A

The T385 has SIM but the T380 does not.

3lions

Thanks, I've got the T385, so that's great.
Thankyou for your reply :)

hal55asked
Galaxy Tab A 10.5" Wi-Fi (2018)

I use a 8" Tab A, about six years old, and have been really impressed by, via the headphone jack, it's sound quality and ability to comfortably drive large full size headphones.
Looking at getting this model primarily as a media server and for watching music videos and concerts. How does the sound quality and headphone driving ability compare to the earlier model, again, only via the headphone jack. Quality of built in speakers isn't of much concern to me.

AdaSamsung

Sound quality is a fairly subjective topic, Hal. What we suggest you can do is head into your nearest authorised retailer to take a hands on look of the Tab A yourself :)

hal55

Bought the Tab a month ago, very happy with its audio quality using headphones, its an excellent player that can drive most full size around ear headphones with ease. Also impressed that it will autodetect when an external dac has been connected and feed the digital stream straight to it. A bit less impressed that, to download music or photos to the sd card, you MUST use Samsungs own browser or install a separate download manager. That's just weird.

AdaSamsung

We greatly appreciate your feedback, Hal. If you would like to move your Downloads folder to your SD card, you can do so via the steps below:

Open My Files app > Internal storage A> long press the Downloads folder > tap Move > go back and select SD card

If you have any further enquiries, please feel free to send us a private message via the link below:

> m.me/SamsungAustralia

Jim
Jimasked

Hi
Can I put data sim card network in it for quick internet without using wifi?

No. Not with this model

Wander44
Wander44

If you have purchased the Sim card version the Tab A is released as a WiFi only version and a WiFi and Sim version.

missjoasked
Galaxy Tab A 7.0" Wi-Fi

I cannot connect my tablet to the internet any more I bought it in 2014 it got stuck on hearing disabled and my friend got it back to normal was ok but now when I try to go to a web page it says try later but the wifi says connected??? Any help?

Rex

Update the software to the latest operating system

thanks Rex

PhilSamsung

Hi there, we hope this has been resolved, however if not, we suggest soft resetting the device, ensure software is all up to date. If there are further issues, please visit your nearest service centre, and our technicians will assist you.

marion
marionasked
Galaxy Tab A (2016)

I have a Galaxy Tab A (unfortunately a 2016 model although l bought it in 2017).

I use it daily and have loved it until today. It has run out of space for new apps, unless l delete current apps.

Can somebody please tell me how to move apps and data to the SD card?

BarneyRubble
BarneyRubbleasked
10.1" Wi-Fi

does this tablet have a sim card slot? If yes, what size.

Rainbow Rule
Rainbow Rule

Its a bit tricky the 10.1, some models have SIm cards some don't , the more (Expensive 3 G B 9.7 Samsung Tablet )does( Defintely )(has )
one , if Samsung put SIM cards in all their $250 Samsung Tablets you probably wouldnt need to spend $800 on a smart mobile phone.I brought my Samsung Tab 10.1 expecting a Sim was inside it, i didnt know it didn't have one ,(neither did the sales rep either), i suggest before you even step inside an Australian Department Store , do your own research on Technical ability yourself, and not trust the opinion too much of a commission based sales rep ,as they could or would probably know a whole lot less than you do about approximately half the Tech on any Shop Floor.

Adelady
Adeladyasked
Galaxy Tab A 7.0" Wi-Fi

Can the control buttons. Be moved to the screen?

Dhelia
Dhelia

I'm not sure I'll have to check

Good question
But i would keep the controls as they are
Too much going on in the touch screen already(including upwards touch screen volume slide bar? )
Just be carefull and you get used to the positioning of the buttons, it's bearable.
The next generation model Samsung tablet will be very interesting to see ?

Good question
But i would keep the controls as they are
The next generation model Samsung tablet will be very interesting to see ?

This Samsung tablet is super quick
Could it be faster than an i pad ?

Rainbow Parrotasked
10.1" Wi-Fi

Harvey Norman
The Good Guys
Bing Lee
Office Works
JB HI FI
WHO IS THE BEST ? customer service and pricewise ?
Wi fi tablet and printer combo.?
Samsung Tab A 6 10.1 with Sim card and easily connectable directly to a wi fi printer ?

lovelylegs
lovelylegs

my opinion i think the office works is the best because they have after pay and you can pay in 4 instalments. Also i think they are more easily connectable with what you need.

Rainbow Parrot

I went in to the re refurbished office works warehouse at Auburn.
I asked the passing sales rep does this brother printer connect with this Samsung tablet ?
He shook his head and walked away.
Im not sure why such poor customer service as they had more staff than customers.
Where have all their customers gone.?
I guess Office Works is in trouble like the rest of them.
The internet shopping revolution has cut their margins big time.
But for me shopping online and paying for something i haven't received is a definite no no.

Get an answer from our members and Samsung representatives

Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016)

Other Tablets