Samsung Series 7 Soundbars

Samsung Series 7 Soundbars

HW-Q70R and HW-MS750

Quality Sound by a quality provider

We initally went to buy our Samsung LED TV from Harvey Norman however we were given the opportunity to purchase the Samsung HW-Q70R [Sound Bar] since the tv didnt come with its seperate speakers except for the built in ones.

The Samsung HW-Q70R product is sound system one cannot live without.
Given the user friendly option that come with it i.e. Blue Tooth connectivity makes life so simple when connecting my phone/laptop to play off music.

I know with reviews there should be good and bad points but with Samsung I cant say anything negative because its just so good.

The Samsung HW-Q70R [Sound Bar] will not disappoint

Purchased in October 2015 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $800.00.

Voice / Dialogue
Bass
Music

The bar I’ve been waiting for

I have been looking for something a bit more advanced than the N650 but still under $1000. This sound bar delivers and is probably one of the most affordable ways to get Dolby Atmos support. I was able to negotiate down to $850 at Harvey Norman. In the future I can add rear speakers if I feel the need, which is a great bonus. Most of the sound bar quirks are due to the maturity of Atmos technology support, a quiet midrange is the primary issue pricier (but more bulky) sound bars solve.

Pros
- Slim and narrow form factor; easily fit in front of my Q9FN 65”
- Sound over wifi (shows up as a device in Spotify and on TV)
- Controllable through Samsung Smart Things App and TV, decent EQ bands
- Impressive bass
- Impressive soundstage width
- Clear vocals
- Amazing audio with bitstream and Dolby digital + sources
- Xbox One X connected directly to the sound bar provides flawless Atmos audio and 4K HDR 10 video pass through from Netflix, Blu Ray and games
- Samsung 2018 TVs automatically switch bar from ARC to HDMI input when you select the Xbox so video switches over automatically

Cons
- Can sound thin with PCM 2 channel audio
- Manual is too brief, doesn’t explain many things e.g whether the Virtual Surround setting is psychoacoustic or if it requires multichannel input to work. Setup requires turning on Dolby options on TV and external devices and cannot be chosen on TV if audio isn’t the correct format, like most non HD free to air channels
- Samsung TV remote can no longer control sound bar when using source directly connected to sound bar
- Q9FN seems to lack Dolby Atmos pass through from external HDMI source to ARC (must use either direct connection to sound bar or TV apps, not the fault of the sound bar though)
- Only one HDMI input jack (the Xbox One X may be able to resolve this issue if used as the source as it has an HDMI input itself if you needed to connect a Sky box, but I cannot confirm it has Atmos pass through myself)

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $850.00.

Great Sound Bar

Just picked up the new MS750 sound bar to compliment our new 65” Q7F Samsung TV. The TV audio was ok for news and general TV shows but not great for sport and Netflix movies. Needed a bit more oomf and a little more bass. We didn’t want a separate Sub Woofer so this bar was perfect, with built in woofers. The bass is good without being overpowering. It’s still ok for general TV, but great when you need a little extra. It’s not cheap though, we picked our up with 20% off during an eBay sale.

Date PurchasedJan 2018