MPN: SRS603HLS

Perfect product

I actually selected this fridge a year before we moved out of home. The things that first drew me to it was its side-by-side design, 3 freezer tubs (actually difficult to find) and the fantastic reviews. Once we purchased our home, I took my partner to several white goods stores and allowed him to select a fridge (as long as it was side by side). Funnily enough he fell in love with the same one (but for the more practical reasoning of its specs).

Overall
Easy to clean (stainless steel), looks beautiful in the kitchen and I love the handles.

Freezer
The thing that I really love about this fridge is its size and how the many different zones allow you to organise your items. As previously mentioned, I really wanted 3 freezer tubs so I could store my veggies, raw meats and processed meats separately. We use the other 4 shelves for breads (including tortillas, crumpets etc.), dessert & smoothie products, frozen meals and frozen sides (hash browns, spring roles, pizzas dim sims etc.) I was pleasantly surprised how much could fit in the freezer! Its also super handy to not have to shift things out of the way and I can quickly see what needs refilling before each grocery run. The indoor storage is also much deeper than I'm used to - we can comfortably store tubs of sorbet and other items if a certain section gets over stocked.

The freezer works really well and the temperature is well regulated (and easy to change if needed). The ice making box can also be removed for extra space, but is incredibly handy in those summer months!

Fridge
I absolutely love the door within a door feature! The fridge is also super functional for storage. One thing I have noticed is that sometimes it gets humid in the fridge part? Like condensation forms on some of the products. Also, because the fridge is situated directly next to a wall, it is difficult to remove the shelving for cleaning. In saying that, the glass shelves themselves are super easy to clean and hold any spillage due to the rimmed edges. Apart from those two minor inconveniences, I have no complaints!

Purchased in June 2017 at Appliances Online.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Amazing large family fridge

This fridge is amazing temp control large compartments easy storage is an amazing fridge freezer combo the drink door is an added bonus. The freezer is fitted with 3 easy open drawers the fridge has 2 drawers for fresh produce one with added technology to keep fresher for longer. With added shelves in the door to hold all of your drinks.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Plenty of space and functional

Pretty much everything you need in a fridge/freezer with plenty of room for meat/dairy, vegetables and frozen food. Almost over a year now and have encountered no issues. Would have been better if there was a water and ice dispenser but I would not complain. This is a good price for its size and functionality.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Modern, Spacious and with no unnecessary extras

The temperatura control is easy of use and access.
There are no extras such as water dispenser, etc, that requires maintenance. The mini-door that gives you access to beverages doesn't look fragile even though I have no intention on using (if it breaks it will jeopardise a whole fridge for a silly extra feature).
Easy to clean, and the usual shelf reconfiguration is easily done.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Great refrigerator

This refrigerator is the best out of them all, we purchased this refrigerator from Hearvy Norman before 3 years and still looking as brand new one. Not that’s only this refrigerator is a freezer too, so you could use it in both ways as well as it has an awesome techniques.
I would happily recommend it for everyone.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Broke down 4 times in one year

This fridge worked ok for the first year after which there was continual breakdowns. I called Samsung Service Centre and was left without a properly working fridge for up to a week each time. Needless to say I had to throw out quite a substantial amount of food that went off due to its substandard cooling. After the third time it broke down, which was less than 2 weeks after the last repair and just days before Christmas 2017, I asked for a replacement fridge. I was told that there was no suitable replacement available but I could have the fridge assessed by a technician to see if it was indeed faulty. So, after having no working fridge for Christmas I had a technician arrive to assess the fridge and take photos of the heavily iced up appliance which at times made excessive noise. Eventually Samsung got back to me and offered a refund which would take approximately a month or they would repair it (AGAIN) and give me a $200 gift card, presumably to rid themselves of further responsibility as the warranty would no longer be valid. After completing the refund forms on 3/1/2018 and having the unit picked up on 8/1/2018, I had to wait until 15/2/2018 to have my money refunded. It took 2 phone calls and an email (unanswered) to secure my money. I would have liked better service on their part, especially in terms of some reimbursement for the food I had to throw out each time the fridge ceased working. The service centre number is answered by staff that are very difficult to understand due to their accents. I would not buy a Samsung fridge again.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

cant live without it

purchased this 603L Side By Side Refrigerator with Handy Hatch right after another side by side fridge break down.
had it for more than 6 months now, very happy with it. the noise level is very low. the hatch was so handy, so you don't lose much cooling from opening the big door.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

that is good, big storage.

good temperature, the fridge is very quite, all things are easy to clean, enough for 4people family. many. shelfs, I like it. the fridge was not so expensive, so i would say it is worth to buy. although it is not the newest version, but surely it is very good to use.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Don't like it

I bought a fridge from Samsung and in less than a few months it started to make terrible and constant noises, called the customer support and they send someone down, he told me that there is something wrong with it and he will report it but guess what? After 2 weeks they called me from the main office and said that the person that checked your fridge, believes that there is no problem with your fridge!! I could not prove that he did not say that to me and asked for the second opinion and they said I need to pay even that it is still under the guaranty and has extra 2 years insurance I still need to pay for them to come and check it, Terrible customer service

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Plenty of room

This is a great fridge for a family if 5. The hatch door is great to quickly grab milk or juice although sometimes it's hard to press shut.
Lots of room in the fridge and freezer sections. Even comes with an ice box to make perfect small ice cubes. Unfortunately you can't adjust the shelves.
Runs quietly but does leave fingerprints on the doors.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Doesn't last, worst customer service ever

Just 1 year and 7 months, the fridge is dead, call customer service, said they going to call me back but never did, have to call again. And their repairer will only be available after one week, I have throw most of thing in the bin. Avoid their fridge And their service.

Date PurchasedMay 2016
oversea call center, keep promise to call me back but never did, 4 times in total. The worst one was the last, was talk to the person who is in charge there, I didn't know she was the person in charge there at the beginning, I told her that customer service promise to call me back but never did three times and at the end of the discussion she said she is going to call me back, I ask her what if you call me back, who can I make the complaint to, she said you can't because she is the person in charge there, and she never call me back. Samsung if you think I'm lying, ask me for the reference number and listen to your call record, if you can't find it, don't worry I got you cover, ask me, I have the record in my phone.having problems again after 4 months

Expected Less Noise - Big Turn Off - Otherwise OK Fridge

UPDATE: I initially wrote the below review, but to be honest i jumped the gun. I panicked as I thought it would be noisy all the time, but FYI, the noise went away after a day as the fridge was obviously just working hard to stabilise the freezing and cooling properly.

There is still occasionally a little noise, but it is not so bad or anything to worry about in my view now. I am relieved, given that first day and my disappointment initially. We are enjoying the fridge and apart from a slight door misalignment, which can be fixed i believe, we are happy. We even use the small door for milk and orange juice nearly every day.

One other thing to note is that it does show up finger prints quite easily.

***OLD REVIEW NOW UPDATED ABOVE***
I did my research, but of course you can't try before you buy. The reviews were decent, and i noted a couple of people have mentioned the noise but you always think it may just be they are overly sensitive or got unlucky perhaps. Anyway, we have just had the unit installed today and i am disappointed in the noise. I understand silence is impossible, but compared to our 15 year old basic electrolux, this thing is noisy. And that doesn't make sense to me that that would be the case. Don't get me wrong, it's not a racket and I have to wear ear muffs, but it's quite noticeable. After spending so much, and for a current model fridge to have this noise, i have been left pretty bummed, particularly after saving up to afford it. :(It has tainted what would otherwise I'm sure be a good fridge.
*******

Date PurchasedDec 2017

A designer fridge without the price tag

I love this fridge, the drinks hatch is a really unique and useful feature which no doubt saves power too, by reducing the times you have to open the fridge. Everyone who comes over comments on the design of the fridge as well. Like any stainless steel fridge, it gets fingerprinted easily, BUT as long as you open it by the handles (which aren't stainless) you won't have any issues.

I read some reviews about the noise - it's really not a big deal, it's just the gas in the fridge, pretty standard, I've never had an issue with it, maybe if you sleep near your fridge (ie. studio apartment) then it might get annoying but otherwise it's not noticeable.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Nice fridge

I bought this fridge over then 6 months.it was working excellent..a colors still shiny.and a cooling system was awesome coz when i went holidays and turn off a fridge for a month.after back home i plug in a fridge then getting cool very quickly....and very easy to clean..highly recommended. Thank you.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Family Fridge

Sleek and stylish brushed stainless exterior which is super-easy to keep clean. Spacious interior and keeps food at the correct temperature in all compartments. The fridge and freezer temperatures can be seen on the exterior digital display. Easy access hatch for drinks saves energy and maintains the internal temperature. Very happy - 10/10.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Excellent fridge in great value

First of all,I am very impressed with the look of this fridge; even though it doesn't have fancy feature, it does its job quite well.
Space is vital for us and I have to say I can not complain about lack of room in the fridge after owning it. Also very easy to control; you barely need a manual to operate it.

The shortcoming is energy rating could have been better; but for this price, it works for me.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Excellent Fridge

Loved it, easy to clean and operate and the shelf at the front is fantastic!
Would definitely recommend this fridge to anyone looking for a sleek, stylish new functional device, marks do not show on the stainless steel front much at all, quiet - barely notice it running.
10/10 really.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Happy with this fridge

Not much to fault on this since my purchase, very happy. I especially like the easy access hatch which means I can get water or milk without having to open the whole fridge. Maintains a good temperature across the fridge and freezer and the led indicators on the front are great to confirm this. Is very quiet for a fridge this size, is quieter than my previous fridge which was half the size. easy enough to clean with the glass shelves. Only small gripes would be that the doors are a bit hard to open at times (I suppose this means it has a good seal), the bottom crisper is a bit clunky and awkward to open, and the egg container takes a bit of getting used to. But all minor compared to what you get for the price and the quality of this fridge

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Lack of features but you get what you paid

It has been running for 10 months without troubles. Good fridge with plenty room and I especially like the small door that you can easily open to access some drink or milk bottles without having to open the whole door. Other than that, it is just a normal fridge without any features

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Good fridge

Good fridge maintains good constant temperature
Draws on ours broken Samsung not so good with warranty service
Easy to clean other than the draws
Stainless steel doors don't seem to show marks to much
Doors seem to close and seal very good
Very quiet when running you can hardly hear it

Date PurchasedMay 2016