Savannah Potato Chipper

Savannah Potato Chipper

See the Best Manual Slicers & Graters in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Savannah? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Jess et al
Jess et alAU

Chips potatoes OK if they are not too big.

Chips potatoes OK if they are not too big. I chip without peeling and it works. Best if you cut spuds lengthwise as if they are close to the grid size it is REALLY REALLY hard to close the handle.
As I have read elsewhere (but not before I did it) DO NOT try to do sweet potato! I did and one of the blades came out. I put it back in, CAREFULLY. Used it again but now the blade is a tiny bit uneven and even if you use it on potatoes and they are medium to large the blade pops out again. I can't seem to find a replacement set of blades. :(

Steven C.
Steven C.Launceston, TAS

Not strong enough

Will cut potato if you cut them small enough. Sweet potato isn't going to happen. By the time I mess around with this I may as well use a knife. Pretty disappointed

Purchased in August 2020 for $80.00.

Nickname
NicknameSt Louis

Weak and Cheap!

Got this as a gift, used it one time and it cut one potato using all my strength. Broke on the next one. It was a gift, not what I was envisioning but I gave it a try. I’ll go buy a good one.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Karl at HomeNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Does the job for me.

Much quicker than using a knife to make chips. You have to be careful to get the blades in facing the right way round - cutting edge to the potato though. When we used it for the first time we didn't realise that the blades have a cutting edge and a blunt edge and managed to get it in the wrong way around. This broke the cutters and we had to get a new set. In putting them in the second time I realised that only one face is the cutting face. Since then we have been happily slicing potatoes into chips with minimal effort. Haven't tried sweet potato yet though.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Manual Slicers & Graters

Find out how Savannah Potato Chipper compares to other Manual Slicers & Graters

Blades fell apart

Worked great first time, second time one blade fell out then the 3rd time all the blades fell out and got stuck in the potato. Extremely dissapointed.
I do not recommend this chip cutter

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Smharper
Smharper

Can't cut sweet potato

Paid around $60 or this device only to find it can't cut sweet potato at all. I only wanted to make sweet potato chips not normal ones. Will be seeking a refund too.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Neil
NeilMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not strong enough for sweet potato fries

I bought this because it was recommended for sweet potatoes. After using it twice the cutter blades disintegrated. Will be fine for normal potatoes but this chipper can't handle the tougher sweet potatoes.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Ell
EllNSW, 002795

LOVE... THIS... PRODUCT!

Best little Chipper around

We own and operate a University Cafeteria, we chip approx 50kg of Potatoes daily, we had many brands of chipper commercial and domestic, and for us the Savannah wins hands down.
Alan Harvey University Technology Petronas Malaysia