Schwarzkopf Live Brillance

Schwarzkopf Live Brillance Questions & Answers

Chocolate Rush 68, Violet Vision 85, Red Passion 43, etc...

9 questions from our users

Jo C.

Jo C.asked

Live Brillance Cool Amethyst 02

Why is this colour so difficult to get

Glenn Wasked

Live Brillance

Should the hair be washed prior to colouring

Glenn W

As no answer was supplied by Schwarzkopf I would give the company and products a minus 0

Alli B.
Alli B.

No! Do not wash your hair before application, this will make the colour wash out faster. It’s best to use the product on unwashed hair.

Botany D.

I’ve heard washing hair prior to coloring strips the hairs natural oils which helps protect it during the coloring process. I don’t unless there’s excess product build up.

Karen

Karenasked

Live Brillance Bitter Sweet Chocolate 89

I have dark brown hair but roots are quite white. Is this the right colour or what would you suggest?

benita r.

benita r.asked

Live Brillance Violet Vision 85

I just dyed my hair with violet vision and it has come out black with hints of red! Um, not exactly what the box says. I do understand some variance in colour to be expected depending on your hair colour...But red black!!?? Have u guys put the right dye in the box? I used to boxes due to long hair, could they both have been wrongly packaged. But then I seen all these other reviews. Why are u still selling this? Does anyone actually get purple? I am a lover of your brand. But this is not good enough. Black/red!!

Botany D.

I recently did a strand test using L’Oreal Colorista Blonde Bleach and the Violet Vision and for the first time ever it actually came out like it was supposed to. Now I never apply it over dark hair as mine use to come out more like a black cherry color.

Jess

Jessasked

Live Brillance Violet Vision 85

Why does this dye actually dye red, and not the colour promised on the box. It seems I'm not the only one to be disappointed in this way.
Jessica

Botany D.

I know how you feel, I wanted blue black but could never see any blue in my hair. And all the purple based shades came out red which annoyed the hell out of me.

Sandyasked

Live Brillance Cool Amethyst 02

I have natuarally mousy brown hair, have coloured my hair for years, and in the last couple of years went to the Silver Grey colours, they were gradually fading and looking messy so I decided to do an overall tone down and I liked the look of the Cool Amethyst , on advice of my hairdresser stripped all the latests silver toners out of my hair first before using the product, well the it turned out just like the colour on the package and I was thrilled.....but unfortunately the colour has washed out over 3-4 washes.......isn't this supposed to be a PERMANENT Colour.... what can I do to make it last as it is supposed to do.....Permanent means until grows out in my book...???

Nicola
Nicola

No, it’s supposed to be Semi-Permanent. So it should have lasted eight weeks at least. I honest tried this colour and for me it didn’t come out, I tried two different shades of the colour I wanted and neither came out, I personally wouldn’t recommend this brand in hair dye unless maybe you wanted black, brown or blonde they might would for that. The colour actually has stayed in my hair just a little longer then 8 weeks though so I don’t know what went wrong there...

Sandy

Please tell me where I can find 'Semi -Permanent' on the Box, clearly say's permanent, mine lasted 3 washes, so about a week, I have no problem with getting the colour it looked great when I first did it, but now how washed out back to a gold colour.
Just need to know what needs to be done to my hair to make it stay.

Botany D.

Yes, you are quite right Sandy it is indeed a permanent color.

Cherie

Cherieasked

Live Brillance

Is it possible to mix Blue Black 91 and Dark Amethyst 03 together to make more of a purple/indigo black?
Or does the Dark Amethyst shade turn out more of a cherry black?

SarahSMITH
SarahSMITH

I dyed my hair with Dark Amethyst and it went black. I previously had dyed it red on my natural brown which washed out and faded. I had a feeling it would turn black.

Botany D.

I used Clairol Color Crave Indigo over Schwartzkoph Nordic Blonde and it went a dark blue with purple hues, very noticeable in the sunlight.

Fatima

Fatimaasked

Live Brillance Bitter Sweet Chocolate 89

Hi. I can't understand colour numbering in brilliance. 89 for example is the one of the light ones, however it looks that it is darker. There are 9s that stands as black. Can you help me understand it? I usually use 6s but there are shades that I like and I don't know if they are too light.

Leonie1292

Leonie1292asked

Live Brillance

I just finished using 4 packets of Live hair colour on my daughters hair which is supposed to last 8 washes. We even left it in for 45 minutes to be sure it would take. She rinsed it out and other than dripping purple on the floor and leaving the towel purple, there is absolutely no sign of purple hair.
How can I get my money back after losing time and money resulting in nothing more than stained towels and a very disapointed 15 year old teenage girl?

Shopgirl
Shopgirl

Hi Leonie, sorry to hear about your situation. My daughter had the exact same thing happen and they were trying to blame us saying that it was my daughter's hair that was the problem and that they had never heard of their colour's bleeding and staining the towels....I called their customer enquiries and had a discussion with a staff member there who eventually hung up on me because I questioned her qualifications. She was a former hairdresser but was trying to give me a made up scientific explanation about the colour running and I asked to speak to someone involved in manufacturing and she got offended. GOOD LUCK..

I can appreciate your frustration having experienced the same results with that product. I can only assume since Schwarzkopf is not concerned with their inferior product, just do what I have done 'Don't Buy Schwarzkopf'

Jenna
Jenna

Fudge is very good if you want purple hair, It may cost more but totally worth the money. I would call them they should have a number on the packet. They should easily give your money back.