Schweigen 900 Undermount

Schweigen 900 Undermount

See the Best Range Hoods in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Worst range hood ever had or purchased and I am a builder

Drips oil continuously on hot plate while cooking, was recommended but I won’t be doing the same. Purchased from our usual supplier to whom we have given a lot of business

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $900.00.

Aya

AyaPerth, WA

NAUM9 is my worst nightmare

Bought NAUM9 for my new kitchen as Retravision promised that it’s the best value for money brand and performance wise. Upon installation, the LED lights are flickering almost dying and the motor is extremely loud, which is almost similar to lawn mower. I have kids and I cant even here them in the living area which is adjacent to my kitchen. My dream kitchen turned into nightmare all because of this rangehood. Called customer service and still no response. Very bad product.

Purchased in February 2019 at RetraVision for $450.00.

JulieBatemans Bay

Very noisy

Pad almost $1000 for this when we upgraded our kitchen. We bought it because we were told it was ‘whisper quiet’, it isn’t. It only had one fan setting as well and we think it’s no better than the no name brand one we replaced. The lights are dim as well and the suction is poor. Wouldn’t buy again, that’s for sure.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Haley K.Schweigen
I am picky but I am reas

I am picky but I am reasAU

Works well, not as quite as I thought and broke down within 1 year.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Dino A

Dino AMelbourne

900cm under mount UM/9S

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Olga L

Olga LPerth WA

super suction super noisy

For the price it is an excellent range hood it’s super noisy but for the amount of times you put it on full speed it’s bearable the suction is awesome you can see all the fat deposited on the vents which go straight into the dishwasher and presto it’s shiny clean. The only issue was just before it was a year old one of the fan switches didn’t work and the light globe blew out. Luckily all covered by warranty. If you are looking for a superb rangehood on a budget this one is a definite.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

jefft104

jefft104Melbourne

Schweigen KLS 900 UM

Date PurchasedFeb 2012
Haley K.Schweigen

Excellent extraction and very quiet

We have the under mount version with 1600 external motor. Excellent extraction even on medium speed and very quiet. It's not silent, but the sound is barely noticeable. As others have commented, on the low speeds you'll forget it's even running as you can't hear it. The outside unit is quite loud on the highest speed, so make sure you position that somewhere that won't disturb your neighbours.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Katie S

Katie SMelbourne

Silent Rangehood

The advertising they use is completely misleading. They claim there rangehood's are silent. The only one that is silent is their 650 motor and it barely works. To actually get something that extracts you need to purchase the 1600 motor and it categorically makes noises. I had an undermount installed with a 650 motor and didn't work. I then paid for the upgrade up to the 1600 motor and works a lot better but definitely not silent. I can't determine how they can claim to be silent when clearly they are not. When I rang the Schweigen office, the only thing that was silent was their after sales service. I would never purchase this product again, I should have purchased something else that was presented to me.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Terrible service , damaged loose poor packaging

The company made me drive across to other side of city after a faulty motor straight from box. Scratches on stainless steel with poir packaging. Had to drop off item first and wait for replacement a number of days. Poorly packaged and loose items. Will not deal with this company again. Youve been warned.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

SuePort Kennedy, Perth W.A

Undermount Buyer's Beware 900mm -5 Burner

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Sue

Update: after many discussions with Schweigen they are helping me out with the above issue, hopefully Cabinet maker will be able to do what Schweigen have suggested and replacement Range Hood will fit without to much fuss and expense.

Yoko

Yoko

Poor no label to denote what brand it is on rangehood we have the island 1600 stainless steel nothin

Poor disappointing rangehood we have the island 1600 stainless Schweigen rangehood. I would not recommend it. When approached the company about my issues it fell on deaf ears they did not want to no.
Our kitchen is all high end European appliances and all items are clearly label brands with the exception of this Schweigen rangehood has no label on it what so ever, could have come from China for all we no. It is also noisy, not as noisy as a cheap $400 model but not a massive difference either. Most certainly is not silent. I would not buy again would do my homework and research more thoroughly next time a real shame cost us an arm and a leg to have this installed also.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

SM4051Brisbane

Excellent!

Maria

MariaMelbourne

Excellent quiet fan

We purchased this fan for above our 5 burner stove. It was easy to install. It is very quiet when running on high. Has good strong lights. Easy to clean (I've just put the thingys in the dishwasher and they came out very clean). The only downside is that the front of it gets a bit yuk as it doesn't pull out to cover the front burners.

Matt P

Matt P

The Schweigen sucks - but in a good way!

hillswalker

hillswalkerPerth, WA

Impressive, lives up to its advertising

This rangehood is so quiet on its highest setting that I keep having to check that its working. Got a friend to check for me. Very efficient. LED lights light up the cooktop like an operating theatre. Very happy with this purchase.

Quiet, powerful & easy to clean

disappointed with noise

After reading reviews saying that this range hood was so quiet we were very diappointed as the noise is about the same level as other recirculating models
looks very neat
noisey

Squizzy1

You obviously don't have the external motor model. There is no way you can hear the motors when they are roof mounted.

grahmhw
grahmhw
Squizzy1

Sorry Graham but my experience is nothing like yours. My motor is mounted about 3 meters from the unit and the noise is very low. Yet to install my alfresco unit but will be keen to see the result.

Squizzy1AU

The silent motor concept is a winner.

Have it installed in the kitchen. It looks great, works well and without the jet engine noise.
So impressed have now ordered a twin motor version for the alfresco.
efficient and quiet

flett 01753
flett 01753

Hi Squizzy, do you have the single motor in your kitchen (650 extraction rate), do you find it enough? Thanks flett01753

SpieckAU

Great suction, not silent

Installed in our new home. Chose this as open plan living and hated noise of smeg slim Jim in my previous house. Unit is powerful and efficient. Halogen lighting excellent. Noise level lower than previous smeg range hod but certainly not silent - still have to turn tv up when range hood operating.
Lighting, sleek look, and powerful suction. Great that cooking odours ducted outside house and not ino roof space.
Not quite as noisy.

water777
water777

Hi, are you still happy with your rangehood?

Spieck

Yes, performs well, easy to clean, and hidden away nicely in our very sleek kitchen.

Belinda
Belinda

Wayne

Wayneasked

Super quiet
Ridiculous amount of condensation.
Was installed by a professional to the roof, outside
Dont really think the suction is that great.
So far i am dissapointed as we have an induction and was sold this product to now learn its not recommended for induction due to them heating up so quickly and creating more steam than a gas or electric stove...
Will try to 'warm' the rangehood up which has been suggested to us in the guide book.
Hope this helps the condensation otherwise will be contacting you directly
Regards

Hi Wayne,

Induction cooktops are designed to provide rapid heating and greater heat consistency. Unfortunately, for some customers, condensation can form on the rangehood filters. The immediate and contained heat source produces vapours rapidly. This prevents the filters from gradually warming up and increases the chance of condensation forming. There are many variables that can contribute to the condensation problem associated with induction cooktops and rangehoods. Some of these variables include, but are not limited to:

The Country or State you live in (example, WA versus VIC, and the variables in daily temperatures)
The position of your home and kitchen (morning/afternoon sun)
The quality of pots and cookware you are using
Installation height of rangehood
Rapid heating
Ducting angle
Filter size

It is important to understand that neither the rangehood nor the induction cooktop are faulty. In some circumstances, the combination of the rangehood, the induction cooktop, and the many variables within your home can lead to condensation forming on your rangehood filters.

If you do continue to have issues with condensation, please give our friendly customer service team a call on 1300 829 066 (M-F 9am to 5.30pm AEST) and we can organise for a technician to come out and inspect your rangehood and installation.

Haley, Marketing Co-ordinator @ Schweigen

Merv Fair

Merv Fairasked

I am considering installing a Schweigen 90cm External Motor Undermount Rangehood. Is the external motor unit suitable for a coastal enviroment?

Julie

We live on the coast and it works ok ... but it’s weak and no different to one that’s not ducted. Waste of almost $1000 in our opinion.

Hi Merv,
Yes, our Isodrive motors are suitable for a coastal environment, I would suggest the Isodrive 1600 as the best option as it is IPX4 weather rated. Being made from galvanised steel it is more durable.
If you would like any further information, please give our friendly customer service team a call on 1300 881 693.
Haley, Marketing Co-ordinator @ Schweigen

Peter S

Peter Sasked

We plan placing the unit into an existing chimney flue as it will replace a 25 year old Bosch 900 mm unit. The Bosch has the motor inside the unit & simply sends the extraction straight up the chimney. Do I really need an external motor given that most of the existing noise from the Bosch is muffled & tends to rise up the old chimney flue?

Get an answer from our members and Schweigen representatives

CategoryRange Hoods