Schweigen 900 Undermount

2.7

dbk

dbk

very dissappointed

bought a schweigen Um 1170-9s under mount for a kitchen reno supposed to be tops . Had it installed by a schweigen rep. ran for about 4 years then started doing its own thing. turns on whenever ,sometimes immediately after turn off ,sometimes hours later . Replaced both switch panel and control board on recommendation of service dept . good for 5 months ,now doing the same again . not happy it would appear the control board has in built problems .Would appreciate schweigen having a solution as I see this complaint on other reviews .

Purchased in August 2015 at Harvey Norman.

Lorraine

LorrainePerth, WA

Very disappointing

Purchased in August 2015 at KHQ for A$1,700.00.

Lewie

LewieVictoria

Disappointing purchase

We have had our unit for three years now. One of the switches doesn’t work and the rangehood doesn’t cope with rapidly boiling water. We get water dripping down off filters and trim. We only use it on full power as it is useless otherwise. A very expensive appliance that does not live up to reputation.

Purchased in April 2017 at Camberwell Electrics.

vicke

vickeMelbourne

Beyond disappointed

Purchased at Prestige Appliances.

outbackkid

outbackkidCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Sorry i bought this expensive unit

Very disapointed in the 900 under cuphard model when first turned on just about shook the whole house.took 4weeks for a new unit to be fitted the unit is noisy not quite like advertised. My old 10 year old unit upstairs is much quieter. Please dont use false advertising in saying it is a quite unit.
I will repost after i have used it for a while and see if it improves .
Cooby Pedy

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for A$700.00.

JaimeESouth East Queensland, QLD

Underwhelming to say the least - alongside absent customer service

Bought earlier this year and installed in February. Pretty sure this blows as opposed to sucks.
Called the customer service team who without waiting for me to finish explaining the problem blamed the installer - appears to be a pattern here. Not impressed at all and will not recommend.

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for A$788.00.

Haley K.Schweigen

This works by its self Fantastic note the sarcasm

As most quite great for our requirements Fantastic I am so surprised that it turns its self on when it wants to, GREAT you might add but fails to turn its self off. No body told me it worked through wifi lol lol, Replace board etc the serviceman didn't even reach our street corner when away it went again. Told don't worry if it gets to hot the circuit breaker will kick in. I know what I would like too kick!!!! This is only max 18 months old bought Harvey Normans expensive best you can buy lol lol,

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

ServiceDrGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Schweigan 900 undermount is silent because it doesnt work...Now it doesn't turn off.

Purchased in August 2015.

Haley K.Schweigen

Worst range hood ever had or purchased and I am a builder

Drips oil continuously on hot plate while cooking, was recommended but I won’t be doing the same. Purchased from our usual supplier to whom we have given a lot of business

Purchased at Harvey Norman for A$900.00.

Aya

AyaPerth, WA

NAUM9 is my worst nightmare

Bought NAUM9 for my new kitchen as Retravision promised that it’s the best value for money brand and performance wise. Upon installation, the LED lights are flickering almost dying and the motor is extremely loud, which is almost similar to lawn mower. I have kids and I cant even here them in the living area which is adjacent to my kitchen. My dream kitchen turned into nightmare all because of this rangehood. Called customer service and still no response. Very bad product.

Purchased in February 2019 at RetraVision for A$450.00.

JulieBatemans Bay

Very noisy

Pad almost $1000 for this when we upgraded our kitchen. We bought it because we were told it was ‘whisper quiet’, it isn’t. It only had one fan setting as well and we think it’s no better than the no name brand one we replaced. The lights are dim as well and the suction is poor. Wouldn’t buy again, that’s for sure.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Haley K.Schweigen
I am picky but I am reas

I am picky but I am reasAU

Works well, not as quite as I thought and broke down within 1 year.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Dino A

Dino AMelbourne

900cm under mount UM/9S

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Olga L

Olga LPerth WA

super suction super noisy

For the price it is an excellent range hood it’s super noisy but for the amount of times you put it on full speed it’s bearable the suction is awesome you can see all the fat deposited on the vents which go straight into the dishwasher and presto it’s shiny clean. The only issue was just before it was a year old one of the fan switches didn’t work and the light globe blew out. Luckily all covered by warranty. If you are looking for a superb rangehood on a budget this one is a definite.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
jefft104

jefft104Melbourne

Schweigen KLS 900 UM

Date PurchasedFeb 2012

Find out how Schweigen 900 Undermount compares to other Range Hoods

Excellent extraction and very quiet

We have the under mount version with 1600 external motor. Excellent extraction even on medium speed and very quiet. It's not silent, but the sound is barely noticeable. As others have commented, on the low speeds you'll forget it's even running as you can't hear it. The outside unit is quite loud on the highest speed, so make sure you position that somewhere that won't disturb your neighbours.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Katie S

Katie SMelbourne

Silent Rangehood

The advertising they use is completely misleading. They claim there rangehood's are silent. The only one that is silent is their 650 motor and it barely works. To actually get something that extracts you need to purchase the 1600 motor and it categorically makes noises. I had an undermount installed with a 650 motor and didn't work. I then paid for the upgrade up to the 1600 motor and works a lot better but definitely not silent. I can't determine how they can claim to be silent when clearly they are not. When I rang the Schweigen office, the only thing that was silent was their after sales service. I would never purchase this product again, I should have purchased something else that was presented to me.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Terrible service , damaged loose poor packaging

The company made me drive across to other side of city after a faulty motor straight from box. Scratches on stainless steel with poir packaging. Had to drop off item first and wait for replacement a number of days. Poorly packaged and loose items. Will not deal with this company again. Youve been warned.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

SuePort Kennedy, Perth W.A

Undermount Buyer's Beware 900mm -5 Burner

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Sue

Update: after many discussions with Schweigen they are helping me out with the above issue, hopefully Cabinet maker will be able to do what Schweigen have suggested and replacement Range Hood will fit without to much fuss and expense.

Yoko

Yoko

Poor no label to denote what brand it is on rangehood we have the island 1600 stainless steel nothin

Poor disappointing rangehood we have the island 1600 stainless Schweigen rangehood. I would not recommend it. When approached the company about my issues it fell on deaf ears they did not want to no.
Our kitchen is all high end European appliances and all items are clearly label brands with the exception of this Schweigen rangehood has no label on it what so ever, could have come from China for all we no. It is also noisy, not as noisy as a cheap $400 model but not a massive difference either. Most certainly is not silent. I would not buy again would do my homework and research more thoroughly next time a real shame cost us an arm and a leg to have this installed also.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

DD

DDasked

Hello, I have the Schweigen 900 model no HM-900UMS and it has just stopped working. No lights or suction. Like many people it has recently run out of warranty. I was wondering if there is a simple fix? I have a feeling that I will be calling the Schweigen 1800 number on Monday, but thought it may be something simple

Hi DD,

Thank you for your question.

If your rangehood has lost suction, please check that the ducting is still connected to the rangehood outlet and does not have any holes or tears. You can isolate the motor by plugging it into a separate power point to see if the motor works.. If the lights aren't working but the motor is working, it is the computer board that is faulty.

You will need to provide the batch or serial number of the unit, located inside the rangehood when the filters are removed, for us to quote on replacement parts.

Please give us a call on 1300 881 693 option 1 for Service, Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm AEST.

Haley @ Schweigen Home Appliances

RobZ

RobZasked

I have had a Schweigen GG-901 rangehood in our kitchen for 14 months and notice that we still get get quite a lot of cooking smells lingering, even when I have the extraction fan on high. I've checked the ducting to make sure there are no kinks etc (which there aren't, but we do have 1 right angled bend in it to get around roof trusses) and can't work out why it isn't sucking the fumes out better. I washed the filters in our dishwasher this week, so they are clean. When I hold my hand next to the filters when the fan is on high, I can't even feel it drawing any air. When I remove the filters and place my hand next to the fan, I can feel minimal air movement, but not a lot - is this normal?? I was expecting a lot more air movement, given the rating of 1080m3/hr.

Julie

We have the same problem, for the price, I find this product pretty useless.

Hi RobZ,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear you're not entirely happy with your purchase.
However, this definitely doesn't sound normal, sounds like there could be an installation fault at hand, or even the right angle bend contributing to the lack of suction. Did you use one of our recommended installers to install the unit?

Please call us on 1300 881 693 (option 1 for Service) from 9am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday we'll be able to help. We'll also look into the install for you. Please call us, so we can sort this out for you. Your enjoyment of our products and satisfaction with our service are our top priorities!

I hope we can get this issue resolved ASAP for you.
Haley, Marketing Coordinator @ Schweigen

Wayne

Wayneasked

Super quiet
Ridiculous amount of condensation.
Was installed by a professional to the roof, outside
Dont really think the suction is that great.
So far i am dissapointed as we have an induction and was sold this product to now learn its not recommended for induction due to them heating up so quickly and creating more steam than a gas or electric stove...
Will try to 'warm' the rangehood up which has been suggested to us in the guide book.
Hope this helps the condensation otherwise will be contacting you directly
Regards

Hi Wayne,

Induction cooktops are designed to provide rapid heating and greater heat consistency. Unfortunately, for some customers, condensation can form on the rangehood filters. The immediate and contained heat source produces vapours rapidly. This prevents the filters from gradually warming up and increases the chance of condensation forming. There are many variables that can contribute to the condensation problem associated with induction cooktops and rangehoods. Some of these variables include, but are not limited to:

The Country or State you live in (example, WA versus VIC, and the variables in daily temperatures)
The position of your home and kitchen (morning/afternoon sun)
The quality of pots and cookware you are using
Installation height of rangehood
Rapid heating
Ducting angle
Filter size

It is important to understand that neither the rangehood nor the induction cooktop are faulty. In some circumstances, the combination of the rangehood, the induction cooktop, and the many variables within your home can lead to condensation forming on your rangehood filters.

If you do continue to have issues with condensation, please give our friendly customer service team a call on 1300 829 066 (M-F 9am to 5.30pm AEST) and we can organise for a technician to come out and inspect your rangehood and installation.

Haley, Marketing Co-ordinator @ Schweigen

Get an answer from our members and Schweigen representatives