RS 120 II and RS 120

See the Best Wireless Headphones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great headphones

Clear sound and they look great too. Work well with my iPhone and iPad. I’ve used for my son whilst he was meditating and found them comfortable for himself as well

Purchased in October 2018 at Officeworks.

Awesome!

Build Quality: Outstanding and you can find replacement parts on ebay
Sound Quality: Very good
Functionality: Excellent and versatile. Battery recharge is convenient and useful.
Perfect way to watch TV when you don't want to interrupt others or you find it hard to hear what is being said on the TV.

One thing I have found with these headphones and it is not widely known is that if you purchase two sets of headphones you can sync more than one headset to the same base station. This is great if both parents want to watch a TV show late at night and they don't want to interrupt the kids sleeping in the next room.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Fragile and Poor Sound Quality

So this is the second pair of these headphones I have purchased and I am kicking myself. There isn't a lot of choice down the bottom end of quality where these reside. I acknowledge that you get what you pay for and I knew this model was garbage however I needed a replacement pair in a hurry. All I can say to anyone reading this : don't buy these headphones. They break almost as soon as you buy them and the sound is really just unacceptable. The other issue is as they are analogue they have 'tuning' controls on the back and if you recline on a sofa expect to loose the channel. Especially annoying if you are watching TV in the dark.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Good headphones - trouble free to use

These do a great job for me - they are comfortable to wear and light enough to forget once they are on. The wireless connection is rock solid and doesn't drift at all. I put some quality rechargeables in the headset when I bought them and it auto recharges every time they go back to the base , so they are always charged up. Sound quality is probably not audiophile standard but its very, very good and all I need.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Good product

This headset is very comfortable to wear, the sound insulation effect is also very good, long-term use will not cause damage to the ear, the sound quality is much better than the previous one, the high and low sound is very clear, the connection range is also large enough, I like this very much Headphones

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great Sound and comfort!

Excellent quality, as loud as you want, comfortable, stylish, and I can walk the dog and not loose the signal. I am getting one for all my freinds and family.
They are extremely easy to set up. Good quality make and great sound. Very comfortable and I have owned several over the ear headphones and was nervous about purchasing on the ear headphones. No worries because they are more comfortable than the over the ear phones I own now!

Strong Bass response, Detailed sound reproduction,

Provides a dreamy, transparent and balanced sound. With its excellent bass, this headset is ideal for all types of music and TV Applications. The headphones also offer excellent comfort, while the unique "easy charging" feature makes charging Easy. Experience world-class quality and complete freedom of voice.Strong Bass response, Detailed sound reproduction,

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Better than ever

For sound and comfort I would rate them a high five.I really like these headphones; the clarity of sound is amazing. The only things that could be improved upon have to do with minor issues: The tuning control is located directly under the volume control and I often hit it accidentally, and then must do a bit of re-tuning. These are minor issues, however, and I would recommend them highly and will definitely purchase the same ones again when the need arises.

Sennheiser RS 120 II

Cost-effective relatively high, packaging is very tall, the quality is really good. Try it, The sound is clear, the bass midrange is good, the treble is not bad!! Surround sound is very strong, the sound field is very plump, the instrument separation is fine, the harmony part can be clearly heard each tone, sound restoration is very real, rich in detail and listening, the real good, listen to music is also very good.

A great headphones

I like that the charger is integrated directly into the base and that the simple act of hanging the headphones back on the cradle pretty much guarantees a charge, since it's pretty hard to miss getting the charging plates to connect. I've also found that these are comfortable, even for wearing long-term, because they don't seem to so tight on the head as some others, which is especially nice since I wear glasses and some large headphones can be uncomfortable with those.
Setup was a breeze and I've never had any issues with them not working clearly. The only minor complaint I have - and I don't know if this is a function of my setup or by design - is that if you pause what you're watching, the transmitter times out after a short time (I've never timed it, but just a few minutes) and I then get loud static through the headphones until I switch them off. I'd like it if I didn't get the static, but it's not a major issue.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Sennheiser RS 120 II

Almost every week I will use it, this is a magical product, I like it, I think music can let me find the real me, I love music, but also worth saying is its excellent sound quality, no noise, so I can relax and enjoy this music, I like this magical product

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Long Lasting & Good Overall Quality

These are getting on for two years old now and no signs of wear at all. They are literally worn every day for hours at a time. That's pretty impressive as others have come and gone in that time. Sound quality is more than required for TV and movies. I don't use them for music (have others for that). I am well happy with these.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Fantastc quality

Fantastic sound quality all frequencies can be heard well, The bass and mid frequences are excellent and the high frequencies are not tinny , these headphones are comfortable to wear good padding, sturdy construction made with quality parts seems like they are made to last. excellent product . Will buy more from sennheiser in the future

Quality and comfortable

Very comfortable on the ears and fit very snuggly on my head. The sound quality is quite good, plus the noise cancelling of over-ear headphones were adequate for most noisy situations. I use mine most days and would recommend a pair to anyone looking for a good set of sennheiser headphones

Disappointed

Although I’m a fan of sennheisar head phones, I was disappointed to find this particular product not working at all after a month. At first it worked well, and the sound quality was great. It didn’t take long though to find it completely mute and consequently useless. Not sure if it was a one off, or if there was a faulty design in the batch but was dissatisfied with the end result.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Great for TV and music

I think I have used these every day since I got them. They are super comfortable and sound much much better than our TV so I have taken to just slipping them on every time I watch. The other time they get most used is Saturday morning house cleaning. The signal stretches around the whole house with just a few crackly spots. I plug the base station directly into my phone (comes with a 3.5mm jack on acord). I am pretty much 100% satisfied with this product and cannot think of any negatives

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Comfortable and good noise isolation

I live in a relatively noisy area and wear these pretty much every day, mostly for TV. They are not active noise cancelling but the over-ear style completely covers the ears and does a very good job of keeping out unwanted background noise. The battery system is excellent. I put some eneloops rechargeables in at the start and have never needed to think about them again. They are always charged from being on the base and always go all night. The signal is strong and clear. If I go into the kitchen, I get one spot where there is static but I can pretty much walk anywhere inside and still be in range. I wouldn't call these 'high fidelity' but they are more than adequate for movie viewing and I am perfectly happy with all aspects - no 'cons' all good!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great if looked after. Go buy one. Properly Great sounding On Ear type muffs

Best quality to value readily avail in Oz. Fab Soundz really! But leaks sound as not fully enclosed.
Lasted well for 2 yrs till dropped at least twice this year. Then freq static and less wireless range!
Easily falls off head when bending or looking downwards. Better if we're designed as "over ear" sealed type. Hide em from the kids & clutz!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Get Used Daily For Movies

We literally use these every day for movies - or at least my wife does. They are set up next to the TV and usually I will watch something on the laptop and she on the main TV with these on. There are so reliable that they never need anything done and just do their thing day after day. Sound quality is good with nice isolation. They have been an excellent buy

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Comfy and fun to use

Comfy and fun to use Headphones. Never felt any niggling pain points like I have with previous models. Long battery life and suitable recharge period. Access to controls is easy and never had to fumble at all. I’d happily buy these again but these will surely last a few years yet

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

After 3 years of using the headphones without a problem, now the green light goes off after around 7 minutes of watching a program. First tried moving base unit away from tv, then different ac outlet, then changing channels on unit. After trying different configurations through the back of the samsung TV including changing single audio out jack to the the 2 rca out, after that when still not working tried upping tv audio out through tv settings, the green light continues to go out. By now the continual wait for the light out and static noise is a blah blah nightmare. At this point I can resume the green light by tapping the underside of the base unit, sometimes a bit harder then others and the light comes back on for a few minutes. Tried unplugging base and resetting the channels. So is this now a throw away item?
Winnie, your units lasted better than either of ours. We are now using bluetooth headphones connected to our Apple TV. Our TV unit is just operating as a screen. Much better option. Apple TVs are cheap and work with everything.It turned out it was the Raspberry PI that was the problem not the headphones. Once the operating system was reinstalled everything worked again. Thank you for you message.

Are Sennheiser RS 120 II headphones stereo?
YesThanks GreenVomit8, I will recheck connections.

I purchased the SR 120 II for the Samsung tv and it is connecting to the ABC NEWS. It's giving me a 4-5 sec lag. When I change channels its still on the ABC. When I switched the TV and Foxtel off it is still accessing ABC news. The power station is powered on, connected and dialled into the headphones but does not sync with the headset when changing channels. I managed to at one stage change the channel but it still does not sync. There are no other wireless docking stations or anything else connected within the range of the headset

RS 120 IIRS 120
Frequency Response22 Hz - 19500 Hz
Weight230 g
Battery TypeExternal
Battery Life20 hours
Connections3.5mm Jack, 6.5mm Jack and Bluetooth3.5mm Jack, 6.5mm Jack and Bluetooth
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateAug 2006