RS 120 II, RS 120
See the Best Wireless Headphones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Sennheiser? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Sound Quality
  • Bass
  • Comfort
  • Battery Life
  • Bluetooth
Hendo
HendoCairns

Unusable

When sound is low or silent on tv, the transmitter shuts down (this is done on purpose by sennheiser) and you get an earful of white noise at full volume.
My old Mum has a pair of Phillips but she keeps breaking them so these are a fill in while I repair the Phillips. They were only tested when I got them and they seemed fine, it was only recently that she broke the Phillips again they were put into proper service, and failed miserably.

Purchased in December 2020 at Amazon for $199.00.

Ian
IanKings Park

Good product with some reservations

Very good product with regard to sound quality. Tuning the headphones to the base station can be a bit 'fiddly'. Note that if your TV has only an optical connection you will need to buy an adapter.

Purchased in May 2020 at eBay for $120.00.

Julia T.
Julia T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good quality build

Good set of headphones which are built well with quality materials but their service could use some improving. I bought my pair online and it took close to 2 weeks to be shipped

Avoirhund1
Avoirhund1South East Queensland, QLD

Does what it says but having trouble connecting it to the new android tv via the optical cable

These headphones allow a person who is hard of hearing to listen to tv clearly whilst everyone else in the room can hear the tv as normal. These have served our family well for some time but we recently upgraded to an Android tv and it does not have the old cable attachments. This unit has not worked so well now that it has to be connected via the optical input with an optical cable. Its not as effective with new style androids.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Russell H.
Russell H.Southern and Hills, SA

Fall off my head too easily

Reasonable quality. On ear not over ear. Did ask salesperson if I could take them out of box but no...he said over ear. Fall off my head which is annoying.

Purchased in February 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $187.00.

Best personal electronic devices in 2020!

ProductReview.com.au has analysed a year's worth of reviews to find the best wireless headphones, mobile phones and tablets in 2020. Compare specific reviewer ratings, ranging from Battery Life and Sound / Camera Quality to Value for Money and Ease of Use to help you choose the best personal tech.

Wendy Z.1 Nov 2019
best-personal-electronic-devices-in-2020
Peregrineswift
PeregrineswiftSouthwest, VIC

Just Perfect

* Purchased through necessity due to poor hearing.
* Sound quality crisp/clear. NB:- Family members/users agree.
* Static is easily eliminated with quick tune dial. (Rarely needed).
* Easily/firmly sits on cradle for recharging for more than adequate battery life.
* Comfortable fit/easy adjustment.
* Piece "of cake " to connect to TV system. NB:- Just ensure TV has correct audio port.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Hazza
HazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

So reliable

Use the headphones every night for the last 2years. Clarity of sound 100%. I can listen to my TV without disturbing my partner. I am profoundly deaf never the lessSennheiser solved my disability.

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for $249.00.

Jules T.
Jules T.

Great headphones

Clear sound and they look great too. Work well with my iPhone and iPad. I’ve used for my son whilst he was meditating and found them comfortable for himself as well

Purchased in October 2018 at Officeworks.

GreenVomit8
GreenVomit8Sydney

Awesome!

Build Quality: Outstanding and you can find replacement parts on ebay
Sound Quality: Very good
Functionality: Excellent and versatile. Battery recharge is convenient and useful.
Perfect way to watch TV when you don't want to interrupt others or you find it hard to hear what is being said on the TV.

One thing I have found with these headphones and it is not widely known is that if you purchase two sets of headphones you can sync more than one headset to the same base station. This is great if both parents want to watch a TV show late at night and they don't want to interrupt the kids sleeping in the next room.

Date PurchasedSept 2015

Halo27
Halo27richmond

Good headphones - trouble free to use

These do a great job for me - they are comfortable to wear and light enough to forget once they are on. The wireless connection is rock solid and doesn't drift at all. I put some quality rechargeables in the headset when I bought them and it auto recharges every time they go back to the base , so they are always charged up. Sound quality is probably not audiophile standard but its very, very good and all I need.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
PUE785
PUE785GREVILLIA

Good product

This headset is very comfortable to wear, the sound insulation effect is also very good, long-term use will not cause damage to the ear, the sound quality is much better than the previous one, the high and low sound is very clear, the connection range is also large enough, I like this very much Headphones

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Andrew
AndrewEMU CREEK

Great Sound and comfort!

Excellent quality, as loud as you want, comfortable, stylish, and I can walk the dog and not loose the signal. I am getting one for all my freinds and family.
They are extremely easy to set up. Good quality make and great sound. Very comfortable and I have owned several over the ear headphones and was nervous about purchasing on the ear headphones. No worries because they are more comfortable than the over the ear phones I own now!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Brewster
BrewsterTHE GULF

Strong Bass response, Detailed sound reproduction,

Provides a dreamy, transparent and balanced sound. With its excellent bass, this headset is ideal for all types of music and TV Applications. The headphones also offer excellent comfort, while the unique "easy charging" feature makes charging Easy. Experience world-class quality and complete freedom of voice.Strong Bass response, Detailed sound reproduction,

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Brodie
BrodieOOTHA

Better than ever

For sound and comfort I would rate them a high five.I really like these headphones; the clarity of sound is amazing. The only things that could be improved upon have to do with minor issues: The tuning control is located directly under the volume control and I often hit it accidentally, and then must do a bit of re-tuning. These are minor issues, however, and I would recommend them highly and will definitely purchase the same ones again when the need arises.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
498464654545KEILOR NORTH

Sennheiser RS 120 II

Cost-effective relatively high, packaging is very tall, the quality is really good. Try it, The sound is clear, the bass midrange is good, the treble is not bad!! Surround sound is very strong, the sound field is very plump, the instrument separation is fine, the harmony part can be clearly heard each tone, sound restoration is very real, rich in detail and listening, the real good, listen to music is also very good.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Read more reviews - page 2

Kate R.
Kate R.asked
RS 120 II

Hi there. I’ve been using the Sennheiser RS 120 II and whenever I switch between Netflix selections or channels (I.e. when there is no audio playing into the headphones) a loud static sound comes through the headphones. Should this be happening? The only solution I see is to turn the headphones off whenever I switch between channels, but I can’t imagine this is supposed to happen? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thankyou

Joe
Joeasked
RS 120 II

My headphones were working perfectly until I had to replace my cable tv remote. When I programmed the new remote the headset only produces static noise .I'm assuming that the programming of the remote somehow changed the signal or whatever technology they use. Is there a way to reset them again or are they toast?

Sharks
Sharksasked
RS 120 II

Connected to my guitar amplifier
For some reason after I set the volume I like the sound automatically reduces to a point where I need to keep turning up the headset volume.
I have the amp volume up high then adjust with headset volume dial.
Corded headsets don't do this

See all Sennheiser RS 120 II questions

FeaturesOpen Back
Frequency Response22 Hz - 19500 Hz
Weight230 g
Battery Life20 hours
Connections3.5mm Jack, 6.5mm Jack and Bluetooth3.5mm Jack, 6.5mm Jack and Bluetooth
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishSilverSilver