Sennheiser RS 175

Sennheiser RS 175

MPN: RS175

See the Best Wireless Headphones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

6AMCRISIS

6AMCRISISMelbourne

These headphones should be given out with every marriage certificate.

Purchased in August 2019 at Sennheiser Webstore for $159.00.

Sound Quality
Bass
Comfort
Battery Life
Bluetooth

FalcoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sennheiser don't honor warranty.

I purchased these wireless headphones for watching tv. After 14 months the leatherette padding around the ear fell apart.(both sides) As these headphones were expensive to purchase and having a two year warranty i expected these to be replaced under warranty. But unfortunately this is not the case. Sennheiser Australia say they do not honor warranty on this part as it is a consumable.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
rygar22

rygar22Sydney Surrounds, NSW

recently purchased the headset to replace an older Sennheiser headset

While I really like the audio quality I have to say the headset is quite a bit heavier than my Sennheiser RS-165, and it takes getting used to. It's not a marathon watching headset that for sure just given the weight. Connection via Optical output was easy and the sound is great especially movies watched with surround-sound just wished it was not that heavy.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Yowie5

Yowie5Brighton

Gets used every single day

We use these every day and have done ever since we bought them. Quality is exceptional and they still function and look as good as the day we bought them. Set up was easy, battery life has never been a problem, range is good. Pretty much a faultless experience - good product, thanks Sennheiser!

Date PurchasedNov 2016

navag

navagSouth East Queensland, QLD

Headset is uncomfortably heavy.

Recently bought a Sennhauser RS175 wireless headphones to replace an older HDR170 set because the sound was only coming out of 1 ear piece. Although the sound out of the new set (RS175) was very good I was not impressed because the headset was quite heavy and uncomfortable and the quality of manufacture was not up to a standard one would expect for the cost.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Duchess..

Duchess..Brisbane

hard to install

We bought these to use as hubby is hard of hearing . maybe our age but we could not get them to work and are back in the box .The look pretty awesome and the ear pads are well padded for comfort . yes they would be better for use in gaming not so much for the hard of hearing .

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Meataxe

MeataxeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Pretty good I reckon

Using these in front of the TV work for the reason I purchased them and give a decent quality sound. I haven't experienced annoying static that other reviews I read before my purchase mentioned. The only problem I've had is if I go downstairs they tend to drop out, it's understandable but it would be nice if I could walk around the whole house and not lose reception. Don't regret the purchase though.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Toni

ToniSydney

Excellent Headphones

Just got these headphones and they are excellent. The sound quality is amazing. No delays between TV picture and sound. If you considering to buy wireless headphones to watch TV. This is the go-to product. Easy to install and to connect to your TV. They are super comfortable. It is worth spending the bit extra to get premium quality sound and headphone.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Djdario

Djdario

Good for the price.

Good product for that what it is design for. I have tried a couple of sets and 175 is my favorite. I was using logitech g933 before, I know it's more likely for gamers but a lot of settings for videos too. G933 7.1 was amazing but reliability and software service is horrible .G933 are in my garbage been ( brake down ). I have 175 and music quality is much better but not surround. Anyway I know sennheiser reliability and never go back to logi. Thanks

Date PurchasedApr 2016
bunty

buntySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Love them

I use these for my computer and also when im cleaning the house ,i can go right to the other side of the house without dropping out and they are super clear.I also love the fact there is more than one way to connect IE optical and your normal connection

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Heath Brown

Heath BrownCanberra

Broke within first week

Earlier models are much better the build quality is quite poor as mine stopped working after one week and the audio is not of a high standard as expected. Notes that the operating green light kept going out permanently meaning loss or no power. Recommend other cheaper units could do similar job.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

nic

nic

Works well.

The range on the unit is indeed about 100m. The signal will deteriorate where physical objects( like buildings) block line of sight. The sound is very good quality( when within a reasonable distance of transmitter). Surround sound feature is good. The docking station can be a bit fiddly when lining up the metal components for charging. THe sound is excellent tho.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

KezzaH

KezzaHHobart, TAS

Awesome Headphones

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Pookie

Pookiewollongong

Excellent Quality as expected

I have had these now for about 4 months. I bought them to replace a really old pair of Sennheisers. At first they felt a little on the heavy side, but I'm well use to them now. Sound quality is excellent, no interference noticed. I bought a second headset so that 2 people can listen but have separate volumes, works well.

The only sight issue is that I find they do get hot on my ears after about 2 hours.

These are a very good purchase, comfortable, convenient, and superb quality of manufacture and sound.

will keep buying Sennheiser in the future.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Tony

TonyAU

Great sound, good price

Very happy with these. Now I can listen to movies without disturbing the family.

Very comfy headphones, cuts the outside noise, and I like the sound quality and balance. The charger stand is handy and looks neat. The little volume and bass/treble buttons on the right headphone take a little while to get used to, but become second nature quickly. Make sure you connect with an optical cable to get the best sound.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Simmo

SimmoSydney

Superb sound without disturbing the family

We were looking at a new surround sound system or a sound bar for the media room. However, the thought of not being able to have it too loud when the kids were in bed forced me to head into the direction of some surround sound headphones. After reading through some existing reviews, we took the pint in the Sennheiser RS 175. They are simply fantastic. Pop the kids in bed, pop headphones on and away you go. Surround sound with loads of base and crisp dialect. It's not a cheap set up when you get the extra headset, but well worth it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

John555555

John555555CANBERRA

Good quality sound

Was having trouble hearing the tv without deafening the rest of the family. These headphones corrected the problem and I was also able to understand the voices when they were mumbling particularly some of the new sitcoms. Battery life is very good as is the distance of transmission from the base unit.

February 5th 2019 Update: Review update

Very good range and sounds.
The problem I have had just after the warranty period expired, the plastic film which covers the foam ear pads started to disintegrate on one side.
I thought as they were quite expensive the company would have replaced the ear pads as a gesture of good will.
NO I have to pay for the replacement!
Bit disappointing

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Johkar

Johkar

Great sound and comfort

I purchased these this week and plugged in to my Onkyo theatre amp. Unfortunately my amp. does not have a digital out ( optical ) connection so I had to connect via the analog headphone jack.
The sound quality in surround mode is fantastic, even in analog, so the digital would be even better.
The set up was very easy, just plug in and you are away.
The ear cups are very comfortable and the set as a whole is light and easy to wear. The on-cup controls are positive and easy to find without taking the 'phones off.
Overall - great!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Scrivener

ScrivenerPerth, WA

Not as Exceptional as Sennheiser think

Date PurchasedJul 2016

D.AblettGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great range (sound AND distance from the cradle)

D.Ablett

Follow-up..2 years on, these are used for a few hours daily and they still perform. The rechargeable battery still provides 5 - 6 hours continuous use. Would purchase again.