VerifiedMPNs:508676 and RS175

3.2

Don R
Don RWide Bay-Burnett, QLD13 posts

Quality poor

The three lugs on the ear pads that latch onto to main body are flimsy and break off. Reception when moving about loses the signal at times. Show details
Mr. Fix itVictoria111 posts

• +2Thumbnail
Fred
Fred

Theis is my third set all have faild

My third 175 headset has just failed in the same place as the previous sets the covers each side of the charge contacs brake away leaving the securing screw in place then the contacts become damaged and you need to buy another replacement I have 3 now returning them to the seller will involve sending them back to the manufaturer so no earphones for weeks, I suggest if you decide to buy any sennheiser product with this headpiece insist that it come with a couple of setes of contact covers that should last you a year or so after that good luck. Show details
andon
andon

Sennheiser rs 175

I found the sennheiser rs 175 to be uncomfortable after 1-2 hours of wear as well as the sound breaking up if you are not in direct line with the charging tower. I called sennheiser support they told me to move the tower which did improve the sound however only slightly. Due to my need to wear glasses, this was causing the headphones to be uncomfortable. I use 3m ear muffs while working for hours and I can no discomfort issues or issues with my glasses.
There are no pads for people who wear glasses while using the headphones and sennheiser didn't to care or offer a comfortable alternative.
People who wear glasses should test before buying. Show details
Sasho
Sasho2 posts

Great wireless headphones for movies and music

My surround sound speakers stopped working and with a young child in the house I found them difficult to use anyway as I watch movies at night. Looking for headphones that can both provide accurate audio with deep bass and not disturb others in the house I came across these. Using them for a few months now I can definitely say they are great. No blue tooth and they only work as wireless headphones in the same way corded ones do so can't take them outside the house. Can use 2 pairs on one receiver, great battery life and comfortable for long use. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to enjoy movies or music around the home. Show details
6AMCRISISMelbourne17 posts
FalcoSouth East Queensland, QLD14 posts

Sennheiser don't honor warranty

I purchased these wireless headphones for watching tv. After 14 months the leatherette padding around the ear fell apart.(both sides) As these headphones were expensive to purchase and having a two year warranty i expected these to be replaced under warranty. But unfortunately this is not the case. Sennheiser Australia say they do not honor warranty on this part as it is a consumable.

ALLOFFROADAU
ALLOFFROADAUSydney Surrounds, NSW48 posts

recently purchased the headset to replace an older Sennheiser headset

While I really like the audio quality I have to say the headset is quite a bit heavier than my Sennheiser RS-165, and it takes getting used to. It's not a marathon watching headset that for sure just given the weight. Connection via Optical output was easy and the sound is great especially movies watched with surround-sound just wished it was not that heavy.

Yowie5
Yowie5Brighton4 posts

Gets used every single day

We use these every day and have done ever since we bought them. Quality is exceptional and they still function and look as good as the day we bought them. Set up was easy, battery life has never been a problem, range is good. Pretty much a faultless experience - good product, thanks Sennheiser!

navag
navagSouth East Queensland, QLD38 posts

Headset is uncomfortably heavy

Recently bought a Sennhauser RS175 wireless headphones to replace an older HDR170 set because the sound was only coming out of 1 ear piece. Although the sound out of the new set (RS175) was very good I was not impressed because the headset was quite heavy and uncomfortable and the quality of manufacture was not up to a standard one would expect for the cost.

Duchess..
Duchess..Brisbane29 posts

hard to install

We bought these to use as hubby is hard of hearing . maybe our age but we could not get them to work and are back in the box .The look pretty awesome and the ear pads are well padded for comfort . yes they would be better for use in gaming not so much for the hard of hearing .

Meataxe
MeataxeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC14 posts

Pretty good I reckon

Using these in front of the TV work for the reason I purchased them and give a decent quality sound. I haven't experienced annoying static that other reviews I read before my purchase mentioned. The only problem I've had is if I go downstairs they tend to drop out, it's understandable but it would be nice if I could walk around the whole house and not lose reception. Don't regret the purchase though.

Toni
ToniSydney4 posts

Excellent Headphones

Just got these headphones and they are excellent. The sound quality is amazing. No delays between TV picture and sound. If you considering to buy wireless headphones to watch TV. This is the go-to product. Easy to install and to connect to your TV. They are super comfortable. It is worth spending the bit extra to get premium quality sound and headphone.

Djdario
Djdario16 posts

Good for the price

Good product for that what it is design for. I have tried a couple of sets and 175 is my favorite. I was using logitech g933 before, I know it's more likely for gamers but a lot of settings for videos too. G933 7.1 was amazing but reliability and software service is horrible .G933 are in my garbage been ( brake down ). I have 175 and music quality is much better but not surround. Anyway I know sennheiser reliability and never go back to logi. Thanks

bunty
buntySouth-Eastern Region, NSW32 posts

Love them

I use these for my computer and also when im cleaning the house ,i can go right to the other side of the house without dropping out and they are super clear.I also love the fact there is more than one way to connect IE optical and your normal connection

Don G.
Don G.

My set 175 works but the volume goes off for 3-4 seconds and comes back on....batteries are strong...unit is new...sometimes is seems it happens on one channel but not the others.....I get my service through Infinity....any ideas?

Mr. Fix it

Hi Don, this sounds quite strange. It would appear that you have an intermittent fault with the headphones. I would return them to the seller and get them replaced under warranty. Regards, John.

Shlaguadonf
Shlaguadonf

Hello, I have an Rs175 headset that I connect in optical on my TV here is my problem. I watch a movie from my nvidea shield pro box which is connected in hdmi on my TV, and the headset is connected to the TV. However I have very painful microphone sound cut that I do not have in analog connection. Where could this problem come from?

Mel G.

My RS175 sometimes work and sometimes does not. It is not the batteries, they are fine. I use optical which shows the red glow to function. I got them as a gift for Christmas 2020 and don't know what shop they came from, no receipt either. I hadn't been using them for a few months and the more frequent I use them, they are just silent. If I press the volume up button, I hear a little beap beap. Any suggestions please?

CategoryWireless Headphones