Sherwood PM-9805

Sherwood PM-9805

See the Best Turntables / Record Players in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Sherwood? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Excellent Turntable. Look No Further. Thank you Sherwood.

I have had this turntable a while now and it’s awesome, I highly recommend it, I seriously cannot paraise it enough. Added bonus Belt driven, with pitch control, Strobe Light, Target light, Anti-Skate and Counter Weight. Also S Shaped Manual Tone Arm. This great price turntable has all the bells and whistles of more expensive ones on the market. Sherwood make great HIFi equipment, I also have a Sherwood Amp and Speakers which are also awesome.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
UberSpunkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Does the job, and does it very well...

Date PurchasedNov 2015

poor quality

I bought this turn table so I could replace my old three in one which was hooked through a powerful amplifier and out to two good quality speakers ,this old system sounds fantastic ,until I bought the Sherwood turn table to replace the three in one . so I eagerly hooked everything up switched everything on put a record on to play and it sounded so tinny and cheap I was so disappointed with the sound quality I returned it back to JB hi fi .

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Peterb666
Peterb666Merimbula

Great value - good quality for casual listening

Date PurchasedApr 2012
Turntables / Record Players

Find out how Sherwood PM-9805 compares to other Turntables / Record Players

abclar
abclar

Great turntable for the money

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
SmokeyD
SmokeyDAdelaide

Surprising

Wanted to get a vintage turntable, but was put off with some silly prices being attached. (Still looking though). As this TT is fully adjustable and not half bad Cartridge and stylus.(Obviously an update is required, but not immediately)), I decided to purchase it as a second player. Super surprised as to how good this really is. I do have it plugged into mid range vintage gear, but the lows and highs are quite good. Does suffer from acoustic feedback(base is plastic, but a lot of TT's suffer this anyway), but easily overcome. Dont forget that you require a pre-amp. Very happy and highly recommend. So until I can find a high end vintage to tinker with, this is absolutley fine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
northman83
northman83Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Best value turntable

Bought from JB Hi Fi on sale for $199. Decent build quality, height adjustable vibration damping feet. Has built in stylus pilot light, strobe and pitch adjustment. Adjustable tone arm counterweight and anti skate adjustability. Works well, sounds good. A great deal if you can get it for under retail price.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

I think this turntable is a victim of competence

I bought this turntable a year ago, before reading some articles and recommendations from "experts". The turntable is very clear, very adjustable and manual as the most expensive turntable having a plate of solid aluminum, this turntable allows you to change the cartridge and needle can also be controlling the speed (Pitch Controls *- 10%) and antiskating, the flutter and wow score -0.2 is ok. Please do not forget that many entry-level turntables are built in MDF, this has a hard plastic base, and a good metal arm and can put on an accurate balance.

OSC
OSCAU

You get what you pay for

I dont even know if you can say this is an "entry Level" turntable. It is super basic and belt driven. It plays records but it is only for somebody who plays the occasional record and certainly not for the aspiring DJ. But for $222, you get what you pay for and it does the trick.
Inexpensive.
Basic, plastic and belt driven.

Turntables / Record Players