Shure SE215

Shure SE215

MPN: RDO-20519615

Typical dynamic IEMs

Bought these two months ago just as my back up earphones for the apple earbuds. The shure se 215 are very typical dynamic earphones with punchy but little bit 'muddy' bass. The mid-range is okay. Treble need a bit more stretch . But anyway, these are okay-ish in ear monitors at $100 price range.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Excellent quality, Good durability

I'm really happy with the quality of these headphones. The fact that the cables can be exchanged is a relief, since the cable is the first (and usually only) part of an in-ear headphone that can break. After about 6 months of use, I finally broke the cable. The only issue I have is that the replacement cable (original Shure) is a bit expensive. The sound quality is warm and bassy, and Shure has perfected the higher frequency tones in this pair.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Not as comfortable as everybody says.

I wanted them for motorcycle riding. I found in forums that people use these under the helmet, and they're supposed to be very comfortable. Well, my ears didn't like them at all, unfortunately. Not even outside the helmet. The sound quality is good though. You can purchase a bluetooth adapter separately and make them into bluetooth headphones.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

One of the best iems on the market

Very sturdy earphones that fit well and have great sound, i use them for the gym and have had no issues with them fallng out whilst running etc. Cord is a little long however i simply loop it. Takes a while to get used to fitting them as it is a little awkward, but its comfortable

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Extremely comfortable earphones with super good isolation

This thing is the entry level of share in ear monitors/earphones, well not quite the entry level but quite close, I think there's another one cheaper than this.
The one I bought is the special edition blue version, other reviews suggested the special edition has more balanced bass than the normal version, which I can't justify cuz I don't own the normal version.
These earbuds are extremely comfortable, the most comfortable earphones I've tried so far, I can easily wear them in bed and not feel a thing.
It fits my ear quite good, and yes it comes with other ear tips.
The most importable reason I bought these earphones is because of the isolation, I wanted to wear these in noisy environment so I could focus on what I'm doing. It's as good as the 3M earpieces you wear to block noises.
In terms of sound quality, these are not that great, these sound a little bit muddy in the low frequencies. I've tried similar priced ATH earpieces, they do sound better for the money, but it's not that comfortable wearing them and the isolation is not in the same level.
If you're looking for something sounds ok with great comfort and super good sound isolation, these are definitely the way to go.
If you use iPhone you can also purchase the RMCE cable, which gives you the mic and volume control, more convenient.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Don't waste your money!!

Lots of reviewers said it is great! great sound, great isolation this and that.
NO! they are lie, the sound signatures are good or not depends on your personal preferences, i can't say the others are wrong but "isolation"?? that depends on the eartips, its using the same material same design as the other earphones and no advantage over the others, so when you see someone talking about the "isolation", he got no idea what he talking about.
And for the sound quality, in my opinion, any $30+ earphones in massdrop are better then it.
old techn + small driver = don't expect too much...but yes ofcoz with this price you should expect much more.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Excellent pair of earphones, an all rounder

Bought these pair of earphones about 4 years ago now and have been working ever since. It is rare to find headphones that last so long, however I did have to buy a new set of cables as the old one wore out after about 2 years of daily using. Sounds quality is excellent and I think the best value for money earphones to date.

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Beautiful balanced sounding in ear monitors

I've had these pairs for a couple months now and took them on a plane over the christmas holidays. Firstly I found them pretty difficult to put on at the start as they need to go into the ear upside-down and the bendy cord wraps around the top of your ear. However a week or so I got used to them and they've been fantastic.

Sound Quality-
Technically these are for musicians for sound monitoring purposes; I however have used them just as a regular paid of headphone mainly due to their extremely balanced setup and they get comply foam tips in the box. They sound excellent, hands down my best pair for every single type of music I throw at them from classical to edm. Quality wise theyre better than my old Audiotechnica IEMs which were only a little bit cheaper than these.

Noise isolation-
Noise isolation was great with these pairs, in the box they come with a set of silicon and a set of foam tips to fit any sizes. I used the foam sets and they work wonders on a plane. I was wearing them until a flight attendant came to ask me what I wanted for my meal and only then when I took them off I realised a baby was shrieking its head off a couple seats away from me. Love them

Overall once you get used to putting them on you cant go wrong with these

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great for the price.

Bought these for playing on a Church band. Great noise isolation + sound quality. My Fiance recently bought fancy $400 earphones for playing in a drum cage and still finds these better. Would highly recommend for the price. Not great in terms of lasting though, I've broken a few pairs (stepping on them, wires snapping) Shure is great for customer service and has replaced a pair though.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Quality for the price.

Looking to step up your earphone game on a budget? The Shure SE215 deliver stunning sound & personalized comfort at an entry-level price. It's one of the best deals out there. The fit, which goes behind the ear, can appear awkward but you get used to it quite quickly. Good option!

On my second pair

I have the Special Edition ones. Great earphones for daily use. I use them all the time for listening to music and podcasts/audiobooks. Excellent noise suppression with the foam earbuds, and I find the form quite comfortable. They're great for public transport for that reason. Also great for use on a motorbike - don't need to blast my audio quite so loud when it helps to block out a lot of the road noise as it is.

I had an issue with the connection breaking on my first pair, probably from overly rough use, though that was after a few years of near daily use. I had no hesitation in going and getting another pair straight away.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Knock my socks off

The Shure SE215 is an attractive value when you consider what's being offered up for such price: clutch noise isolation, stellar performance and comfort at an entry-level price. If you can open your mind up to a different approach to the in-ear headphone, you're in for a treat. Def recommend!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Excellent sound! Bass is great! Can be a little uncomfortable though.

The sound quality of these in-ear monitors are great for what its worth. It has great noise cancellation, great performance, and comfortable. However, it can get a little uncomfortable if you are listening to them for a long period of time. Overall, they are a great set of earphones for an inexpensive price.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Perfect headphones for the price range

I bought this for around $120 dollars and have never regretted it.
I would not say they are the best in the world but they are definitely bang for buck.
The sound quality is great and so is the sound isloation.
I personally think the comfort of the headphones are better than most.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

good quality sound..but will take some getting used to

Recently purchased the Shure SE215 after my trusty Yamaha EPH100 stopped working after around 3 years. I was skeptical at first with the Shure's design and with the wires going around the ears rather than the standard format of inear headphones, but decided to try it anyway based on a number of positive reviews. S(h)ure enough, I hated the cumbersome process to wear the headphones in the beginning. However through repeated use, its become almost ritualistic.
The sound itself is of very high quality, matching the EPH100. I am not an audiophile so I prefer not getting into the aesthetics of the sound itself :) The sound isolation is also very good and blocks out a lot of the ambient noise. I use the headphones on the train very often and the noise isolation is the best I have experienced so far in a standard headphone without noise cancelling capabilities. Would highly recommend if you are willing to go through a minor learning curve

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Excellent sound, would do an audiophile proud but cable defect disappointing, otherwise 5 stars

Bought mine from Jaben and loved it until the dreaded cable problem (many users reporting the same defect). Sound cuts out from R earbud quite often now, unfortunately out of 2 year warranty. Am going back to Jaben to buy another set (425's) and hopefully another cable replacement Otherwise, wide variety of bud cushions, fit comfort are perfect. If Jaben replaces the cable for free I will edit this to 5 stars.

Good purchase

These head phones are just what they claim to be. They are great at drowning out background noise when the music is playing and the sound is great. I'd definitely recommend them to anyone needing some peace and quiet in a working environment. Mini disc are a pleasure to deal with as well. I returned a pair of inner ear ear phones are they were uncomfortable for me, Mini disc were happy to exchange the product and were friendly and supportive throughout the whole process. I'll definitely be back to purchase from them again in the future.
Inexpensive, good sound, great noise cancelling