Siemens iQ700 WM14W440AU

Siemens iQ700 WM14W440AU

MPN: WM14W440AU
Listing monitored by Siemens

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Great machine & excellent service

We have had this machine for 5.5 years. We recently required a service call, which Siemens provided under warranty (despite technically being expired). Technician was excellent and the the fault - partly user error - quickly fixed.

We have 4 children and run 10-12 loads/week. The machine doesn’t normally skip a beat. Great performance, and great service. Siemens do cost a little more than some, but worth it.

Purchased in June 2015 at Winning Appliances NSW for $1,000.00.

After 4 years it does not drain

It was great washing machine until about 4 years in the drain malfunctioned. Even after cleaning the drain filter (as per support recommendation) it still failed to drain during the wash cycle. So I ran drain manually for a year as a workaround. Now in the fifth year manual drain has finally stopped working.

Mould is a big issue at the back of the soap compartment. Very difficult to clean because mould is trapped in the crevices.

BobGippsland, VIC

Best Washing Machine I've ever had.

Purchased at Intercraft Bairnsdale for $1,100.00.

Front Loading Washing Machines

Find out how Siemens iQ700 WM14W440AU compares to other Front Loading Washing Machines

Julie
Julie

It has been a well used appliance

I have had my Siemens iQ700 for 7 years. The first 5 and half years there were no problems, it worked well, and i was happy with the washing results. But last year it has had ongoing issues. Most frequent problem has been objects getting stuck in the filter which has required a repair man. I now need to replace it since the start button has not been working properly and the spin function has gone. It does get used a lot so 7 years of hard work for a front loader is not that bad, is it?

Purchased in February 2012.

Miles A.Sydney, NSW

Good German Quality

I've had my Siemens for almost one year now and so far so good. I especially like how quiet it is, even at full spin, which is one of the main reasons I bought this model. It washes my clothes well as long as you don't add too much detergent, which can cause too much suds.

Purchased in July 2018 at Winning Appliances.

BSH Home AppliancesSiemens

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Ray, Black Rock. Vic.
Ray, Black Rock. Vic.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extremely bad design.

Front sealing ring: home for mould and slime. Two enclosed areas, poor design, wet and a breeding ground for mould, impossible to clean. Contact with this area, stains and rewash!!!!

Purchased in January 2018 at Elite Appliances.

Lulu
LuluBusselton

Best in its Class, it’s a Siemens... Enough said right?

Bought this from Retravision a few months ago. Absolutely love it. I’ve had other brands like F+P, LG, Samsung and nothing compares with it. It’s super silent, wash quality is fantastic. Very easy to use. Very efficient on water and power. Couldn’t recommend it any more. Definitely worth the $1100 that was spent!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Adam M
Adam MSouthwest, VIC

No automatic soak function?

It seems to be washing clothes well, but I can see water pooling in the drum - and I have to clean it out regularly, which is a pain.

Also has no automatic soak function, which seems stupid for a brand new washer in 2018...

The manual literally says to press pause after 10 minutes. Stupid.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Hi Adam M,
Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. If we can be of any assistance to you do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 167 425.
Regards, Siemens Home Australia.

Rich
RichGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Seimens front loading washing machine

4 year warranty
German made
Great quality
Works great
I actually bought this washing machine because it's made in Germany and the 4 year warranty. Before getting this I had a brand that I cannot think of its name,but it didn't wash very well and was very loud. Extremely happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

nicoran
nicoranWA, 6333

Its a Siemens

As a professional, Ive always recommended to my clients, Siemens or Bosch. Why! They come from the same factory. + German quality and design, not to forget water and power consumption. Which in the long run is important and cheaper. For myself I have always used either brand. When arriving home to Australia, I had an opportunity to buy a Siemens front loader washer and dryer. Easy to use. very quite, especially when using at night time. Plus the 30 C wash temperature,which is important and perfect! Highly recommend, for me just as good as Miele, but without the price tag....

Date PurchasedOct 2016
David O
David OMelbourne

Perfect washing machine - does the job

Have had a SIEMENS before, but this one is great - the functions are easy to understand, and doesn't make too much loud either. The sensorfresh thing is a bit unusual and doens't always work but I put in jeans and it got rid of smokey smell. Would recommend to others looking for a good priced washing machine.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Paradise
ParadiseMelbourne

Excellent front loader

I always thought Siemens were too expensive but this front loader is excellent value for money especially for German built quality and design. It was just over half the price of my previous Miele.
It washes really well and is incredibly quiet.
I was worried that the wash cycles would be too long but most are around 1 hour but you have Super Quick at 15 mins as well.
Highly recommend E & S Trading on service and price.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Anniina H
Anniina HDakabin

Great machine

Our Siemens front loader is a fantastic appliance, and very very quiet! I also love the song that plays after every load. The only feature that I miss is the 30 C wash temperature... 20C is just too cold and 40C is too warm for some fabrics! Otherwise no complaints.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
TJBetts
TJBettsQld, 4078

Fantastic machine

Washes really well...much better than the Fisher and Paykle front loader we used recently in a holiday apartment. Very quiet. Only conplaint is due to user error I found the instruction manual to be very confusing and it took me several weeks to figure out how to wash a cold load and shrunk a favourite dress in the process!
I love that I can pause and add clothes that have been missed. This machine is used on average 2 loads a day 7 days a week and has not missed a beat since purchase.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Merv
MervGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst washing machine we have owned!

Worst washing machine we have ever had! Will not spin many of our loads especially when using quick wash or easycare cycle so we have to put on rinse and spin cycle to finish! A load with three towels and two face washers and few other items no hope of spinning! Had technician look at machine when in warranty but no fix! Cannot wait to replace this expensive lemon.

Date PurchasedJan 2009

Georgiaasked

I have a idos Siemens iq700 and I can’t seem to get both the fabric softener and washing detergent on at the same time. If I select the level of the softener it turns off the other one and vice versa. I want to add fabric softner during the cycle and I can’t seem to do it. Please any advice. I have followed the instructions in the manual and it just keeps switching off the other.

G'Day Georgia,
This is so simple, just put you detergent in the left compartment and fabric softener in the centre one before you start your wash, the rest is done automatically.
As for fabric softener, I don't use any, I use 2 tablespoons of White Vinegar in the centre compartment and 1/8th the recommended quantity of Detergent along with 2 tablespoons of Bi-Carbonate Soda, this is from Shannon Lush who can be heard on many radio programmes including on the ABC.

Georgia

Thank you so much! I can’t believe I didn’t even think of that. Also thanks for the tip with the fabric softener! Do you just use add 1/8 of your normal washing powder to the coni and bicarb?

Sueasked

I have recently bought the 8kg Siemens front loader and unfortunately am extremely disappointed.
The clothes that are washed are scrunched up and very very wrinkled and tied up into each other when i pull them out.
I have called your service number and was given an unsatisfactory response that being to try reducing the spin speed which i have done which made the clothes very wet and was told that i do have to iron some clothes and that will never be not wrinkled!
Can you please provide suggestions!?

Miles A.

This happens to mine and is normal for a high rpm front loader. I simply shake out my clothes before hanging them to dry and most of the time I don’t even need to iron anything. As long as you shake them while they are wet it’s fine.

Sue

Thank you but unfortunately that’s not the case with mine. They are being washed into tangled balls.

Bob

This can be overcome by loading the clothes in intermediate layers of larger and smaller items, this tends to open up the load, give this a try.

Zahir A
Zahir Aasked

I have f23 and f57 error. Any help?

Hi Zahir A,
Thanks for your question. It sounds like you may need a service, please feel free to call us on 1300 167 425 to discuss further.
Regards, Siemens Home Australia.

See all Siemens iQ700 WM14W440AU questions

Get an answer from our members and Siemens representatives

CategoryFront Loading Washing Machines