SWT9043 and SWT9043A

Always had Simpson and this is the worst

I bought this machine a week ago. I have always had Simpson washing machines and decided to choose Simpson again because I had been so happy with them.
This one is so loud even though we have followed instructions to ensure it is balanced. I am yet to finish a cycle as I have had to turn it off due to the noise.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Jenny
Jenny

Chris

ChrisVictoria

Worst washing machine I have ever purchased

Very disappointed. First wash and error appeared. Also could not get lid open. Washing had to sit in water for 4 days, so you can imagine the stench when Electrolux finally sent a serviceman. He organised for machine to be sent back and I asked for a full refund of purchase. No compensation for mouldy, smelly washing!

Purchased in September 2019.

Ricky

RickyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Highly recommended this company products

It lasted forever and still didnt break but we got bored from using and bought new machine to machine highly recommend using this company products. We bought new machine and dryer of this company.

Purchased in January 2011 for $700.00.

Alisa

AlisaSydney, NSW

Great Machine....

I think this is a great machine, its the old style stainless steel barrel with lint collector which is a must no fluff on your clothes, I wash my work clothes with my Son's school clothes with no issues. It has different wash cycles so you can do a quick load or heavy duty clean load. Great value for money plus these are sturdy machines and you can never go wrong with a Simpson Washing Machine.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $700.00.

Gail C

Gail CGippsland, VIC

Saving time and money and cleans like a gem.

I brought my 9kg Simpson Washing machine six months ago. Its large enough to take blankets and allows me to do big loads at same run time as smaller models.

Simpson let down

Less than 1 year old water is not filling it is pouring out the back not happy Jan water everywhere thanks Simpson so disappointed never again what's going on with it

Purchased in September 2018 for $900.00.

theresasowinski

theresasowinskiSouth East Queensland, QLD

End of the line for me with Simpson

This 9kg top loading Simpson washing machine is a real disappointment. Very noisy, each load takes a ridiculously long time to complete, the auto function on water level doesn't work accurately enough to rely on (I.e. I put on a load of towels which should have been a large load and it did it on a low load / I put on a load of clothes which should have been a medium load and it did it on a large load) and the control panel refuses to let me make the selections I want to make. I have been buying Simpson for decades but no more.

Purchased in April 2019 for $880.00.

neds

nedsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible clunking

Purchased in July 2019 at Appliances Online for $776.00.

Tori

ToriGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worse machine EVER!

This machine is the worse machine I have ever own. It sooo loud when washing. Have to wash clothes 2 times to even get them half cleaned. The lint left all over the clothes. Chucks of lint is left all over the clothes. (Yes the filter gets cleaned after every wash) always get a e40 error. On spin cycle the clothes still come out with heaps of water in them. All this started at the start but didn’t think much of it, the machine is now 7mths old and that last 2mths it’s gotten worse. Requesting a full refund on this machine. Do not buy

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman for $640.00.

Marissa Janet

Marissa JanetSouthwest, VIC

Great value. Great machine.

I’ve had this machine for 24 hours. It is awesome. Quiet, great wash results. Simple and solid. Instructions are easy. Great bedding cycle. A lot of choice for every type of article. Very pleased with this washer.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $800.00.

Maggie M

Maggie MSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Extremely disappointed in this washing machine.

I have had this washing machine for 6 months now and it will be my last Simpson product after using Simpson washing machines for many years. This machine's programs are NOT user friendly. If I try to balance a spin load by pausing the machine the timer goes back 16 minutes even if there is only a few minutes spin time left on the cycle. There is no way to adjust a cycle without returning to the beginning again which is most annoying. The machine is extremely noisy during the spin cycles and the bowl wobbles about alarmingly. The cycles are far too long and the short cycle only does a spray rinse. I am now looking at replacing this nightmare of a machine after only 6 months.

Purchased in October 2018 at Appliances Online for $769.00.

Leanne

LeanneCentral Queensland, QLD

This machine is rubbish

Within 5 months of purchasing this machine the power board went so had that replaced. I then started receiving error messages so had to turn machine off then back on. 4 weeks later the machine started making awful noises so rung technician again. He replaced the more parts resulting in the machine stopping and me having to replace. This took a week and a half for the paper work to come through allowing me a store credit. Service and machine is CRAP.

Purchased in July 2018 at Betta Home Living.

William16

William16South East Queensland, QLD

Horrible Software Design. Water Hammer

After the start button is pushed, the machine does a cycle of water squirts in rapid succession ( 10 cycles on some wash settings ). If your house suffers from water hammer, DONT BUY THIS MACHINE !!!!!

Purchased in November 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Loud clanky machine - can wash

Purchased in November 2019 for $677.00.

Noise Level

Miss our EZISET 950 !! SWT9043 is a useless piece of...

Excited to do our first wash in our new machine.. the excitement didn't last long. Disappointment rapidly followed as I realised I'd need to wring all my clothes out by hand! As with others on here, the machine just wouldn't spin. Got to E20 and that was it! We did everything required in the instruction booklet. Have now phoned the shop we purchased it from, they will exchange it, no questions asked.. funny that. Probably won't purchase a Simpson again.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Lango57

Lango57Perth

Can't even finish first wash!

I am in the same boat as Haylz from Dec 27 2018. Purchased Simpson again as one it replaced was still going after 30 years - no joke and still beautiful wash but circuits not always connecting so decided time to renew. Really wish I had kept it until sure about this piece of rubbish! Delivered on 10th and tried first load today but stops at spin and E20 error message. No way is the hose blocked!! Am contacting Appliances to arrange for a different brand!! Meantime I have to take washing to laundrette which have never done before!!! Sooo upset as had to save hard for this.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Haylz

HaylzDarwin

Rubbish.

Bought Simpson since our last one never missed a beat for 10 years. The SWT9043 is brand new and hasn't even done one load. Will not spin and constantly gives the E20 error message. Followed all fixes online and in the user manual to no avail. Pretty sad state of affairs when it cannot handle a small load of normal clothes (not towels or sheets yet!). And yes we have checked all hoses, followed all instructions and tried turning it off an on again. It's a complete dud and will be going straight back to The Good Guys this afternoon and getting a different brand. Very disappointing Simpson.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Diane

DianeAdelaide

It's a clunker but cleans brilliantly!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Bill R

Bill RGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor quality, poor design and pore warrantee

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Don't be fooled by the star rating.

Date PurchasedSep 2018