SWT9043, SWT9043A

How to buy the best washing machine

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Coodge G.
Coodge G.Illawarra, NSW

Capable, quiet, and designed to fail.

Purchased in September 2019.

WENDY
WENDY

NOT HAPPY

Purchased in October 2017 at The Good Guys for $718.00.

PatTSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not Happy! Have Only Had for 1 Week

Just replaced an old Samsung 8kg with the 9kg Simpson Top Load, which the Salesman recommended.
Even though I clean the filter after every wash there is still a lot of lint on everything I have washed. The cycles are very long and the Auto fill does not cover the load so I find I am using the Full water level all the time.

Purchased in August 2020 at Harvey Norman for $899.00.

Hello
HelloGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not sure about it

Usually it works ok. But a couple of times when on spin cycle it has made a loud banging noise. It sounds like it's about to break. I tried it on the slow spin cycle and it did the same thing.. I need to find out what that's about. It sometimes has trouble with things getting caught and might give an error message to move things around e.g. when I use wash bags. I've used really old machines that feel more reliable than this one. It's quite surprising since it looks nice and new and modern.

Adrian. T
Adrian. TCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Unfortunate internal hose failure - 6 July 2020 - purchased 18 June 2018 - still a really good machine

Same issue as another reviewer that a plastic hose has split where it makes a u-turn. Hose is only a light plastic. Otherwise no issues until now and only weeks outside the 2 year warranty period. Contacted Simpson and they have arranged the replacement of the hose. It's a complete unit that includes the hose that runs from the base of the detergent dispenser to the main bowl. Very happen with the response from Simpson. Picture shows black tape of the temporary repair (thin teflon plumbing tape underneath it first) and is the bottom of the bend in the hose. Still a great machine.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $719.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
topcat
topcatRichmond-Tweed, NSW

No problems until now

We have had no issues with the machine until today. Just over 2 years old and just out of warranty it has started leaking. Removed the back plate to find that the internal drain hose has split in a couple of places. The thin plastic had gone hard and was not able to cope with the tight bend in the pipe. Hopefully I have succeeded in patching it but not pleased that an essential part has deteriorated after only 2 years. Not keen on paying for a replacement part if it also will die after 2 years. I also wonder how many other parts of the machine are made of shoddy materials?

Purchased in April 2018.

Alain Ferrari
Alain FerrariSouth East Queensland, QLD

Somewhat disappointed.

I purchased this machine approximately four weeks ago and in general it functions adequately. My main reason for selecting this machine was the belief that cycle times were adjustable and not excessively long like many of its competitors However the Auto Water Level feature is very poorly engineered as it does not allow for a full load of lightly soiled clothes to be washed in under an hour making the shorter 45minute cycle useless. This is contrary to what the operating manual states on page 7 under the heading "Auto Water Level Feature" which clearly states that operator has the option to select either a Manual or Auto water levels. Had I been aware of this I would have attempted to source a different product.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $760.00.

SueM
SueMGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst machine I have ever owned

This machine is so loud its ridiculous. I wish Id read the reviews before I bought it.
The lint filter is terrible, hard to get out as the clips are so small - I wouldnt want to have large fingers or arthritis as it would be impossible to empty.
The water level is unreliable, I have to put it on full so that the clothes get wet.
I dont even use the detergent dispenser as most of the time its left in there as a soggy mess.
The cycle times are very long, over an hour for any of them.
I guess Im stuck with it for who knows how many years.

Purchased in April 2019 at Stan Cash for $699.00.

ELECTROLUX ..Simpson

Can't wait for this machine to die so I can replace it

I replaced my front loader with this one. We were in a hurry so got this one as it was on sale. Worst machine I have ever had. Using the same brand of detergent and stain remover as last machine and nothing comes out. Stains stay there forever. I wonder if this machine even cleans the clothes. They come out with lint or detergent residue all over them. I even put every load on with as much water as possible to try and alleviate the problem but it doesn't help (and yes, I clean the lint filter). Grotty socks come out just as grotty as they went in. I've had to buy black socks for my kids as they weren't getting clean. They are probably still not clean but now I can't tell. I wish this machine would die so I can replace it.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys Online store.

Find out how Simpson SWT9043 compares to other Top Loading Washing Machines

Programs not flexible enough and cycles much too long

Purchased in November 2019.

Always had Simpson and this is the worst

I bought this machine a week ago. I have always had Simpson washing machines and decided to choose Simpson again because I had been so happy with them.
This one is so loud even though we have followed instructions to ensure it is balanced. I am yet to finish a cycle as I have had to turn it off due to the noise.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Jenny
Jenny
Chris
ChrisVictoria

Worst washing machine I have ever purchased

Very disappointed. First wash and error appeared. Also could not get lid open. Washing had to sit in water for 4 days, so you can imagine the stench when Electrolux finally sent a serviceman. He organised for machine to be sent back and I asked for a full refund of purchase. No compensation for mouldy, smelly washing!

Purchased in September 2019.

Ricky
RickyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Highly recommended this company products

It lasted forever and still didnt break but we got bored from using and bought new machine to machine highly recommend using this company products. We bought new machine and dryer of this company.

Purchased in January 2011 for $700.00.

Alisa
AlisaSydney, NSW

Great Machine....

I think this is a great machine, its the old style stainless steel barrel with lint collector which is a must no fluff on your clothes, I wash my work clothes with my Son's school clothes with no issues. It has different wash cycles so you can do a quick load or heavy duty clean load. Great value for money plus these are sturdy machines and you can never go wrong with a Simpson Washing Machine.

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $700.00.

Gail C
Gail CGippsland, VIC

Saving time and money and cleans like a gem.

I brought my 9kg Simpson Washing machine six months ago. Its large enough to take blankets and allows me to do big loads at same run time as smaller models.

Jannekeasked
SWT9043

My swt9043 will not allow me to choose the water level, it always stays on “auto”. Also it doesn’t fill up with enough water according to the load I have in there.

Hi Janeke,
I returned my machine for another brand because the water level even on auto did not sense the load and either used too much water for a small load and not enough water for a big load , so I felt like I was wasting water and ended up just leaving it on full load to cover the washing. I bought a front loader AEG to save water and power.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Janneke,
Tania from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Simpson washing machine.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania. Please list the ticket number 1784081 in the subject line
Thanks, Tania

Merilyn
Merilynasked

The lid won't open

F Curtid
F Curtid

Lid will not unlock

David Garland

When you take off the lid to do the detergent hose delete, file the catch off the lid latch. That way you can open the lid whenever you want despite what the "intelligent control module" decides.
Just be smart enough not to put your hands in a moving washtub.

Mick O.
Mick O.asked

My machine will not turn on between 5 pm and 8.45 pm
How do I fix or change this

David Garland

Turn it off at the wall to reboot the control module, press some buttons to drain power, turn back on after about 15 seconds. - should wipe the clock.

Get an answer from our members and Simpson representatives

Compare both Simpson SWT9043
CategoryTop Loading Washing MachinesTop Loading Washing Machines
Price (RRP) $1,049.00
Capacity9 kg9 kg
Household Size 3-4 people3-4 people
FeaturesDoor/Lid Lock (Child-proof)Door/Lid Lock (Child-proof)
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)4 star(s)
Water Rating3.5 star(s)4 star(s)
Drum MaterialStainless SteelStainless Steel
Weight52 kg
Country of ManufactureThailand
MechanismAgitatorAgitator
Open Lid Height 1,490 mm1,490 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishWhiteWhite