Singapore Airlines

• Wi-Fi
Sheryl Kannapin 5th June

Sheryl Kannapin 5th JunePerth, WA

Still waiting for my refund 5 months later

My business class flight was cancelled due to Covid. Singapore airlines claim my refund it is in progress. Dreadful service. Every time we call them a different reason for the delay is given.
I will never fly with them again.

DeparturePerth WA, Australia
Alex W

Alex WIllawarra, NSW

Hopeless Refund Process

Frank E

Frank ESouth East Queensland, QLD

Very slow response to refund request but good result

With Covid having such a devastating effect on airlines all over the world one could expect troubles when requesting booking changes, cancellations and refunds. My experience with Singapore Airlines has been mixed - they have been very difficult to reach and get meaningful communications out of, they have also been slow in processing requests. But at the end of the day they have honoured my request for refund after we decided it was not worth postponing flights every 6 months. So despite the long wait and frustrations they have done well. This is more than I can say for Qantas who have been far worse than I expected.

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
DestinationJohannesburg, South Africa

Find out how Singapore Airlines compares to other International Airlines

Singapore Airlines refund for cancelled flight taking months and months

Singapore cancelled my business class flight due to COVID in August. Travel was not possible in any case. 4 months later still waiting for refund. Singapore claim that PayPal takes longer as it must be processed manually. The airline seems determined to drive business away.

MIchelle

MIchelleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Still Waiting For A Refund 7 Months Later! Poor Customer Service

Inga T.

Inga T.Far North Queensland, QLD

Unacceptable!

Like so many others we are still waiting on a refund 6 months after they cancelled our flights due to Covid!! The customer service team drive you insane with their inability to help or provide any answers or time frames. Their excuse is because we paid via paypal it takes longer!? Would never use them again and it is criminal that they say they are offering refunds when clearly they are not.

Rachel C

Rachel CTruganina

Terrible customer service re refund request

DepartureHong Kong
DestinationMelbourne VIC, Australia
Ahmed Haridy

Ahmed HaridyPerth, WA

Be Careful of the 14 days mandatory stay at the origin of your flight route when booking a flight at Singapore Airlines

DestinationPerth WA, Australia
BBBunch

BBBunchVictoria, Australia

Poor Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines were always by preferred airline of choice pre COVID-19. This won’t be the case anymore. The deceitful actions they took to try and avoid refunding my airfares, and the fact that I was forced to go through dispute with our bank to force their arm.
Singapore Airlines will now need to provide competitive flight prices moving forward and fight with all other airlines to get my business. I hope it was worth all the pain you put your customers through.

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia

Chris W.

Chris W.Perth, WA

Extremely Unethical Airline

Brock

BrockCairns

Still waiting a refund

I booked a trip to the UK from Cairns almost 12 months ago. Covid 19 resulted in my 12 May flight being cancelled. We are now approaching September and no sign of a refund. Numerous phone calls, very polite but still not been paid. Other airlines have refunded in full in much shorter time frame.
Please do not support this airline.

DepartureCairns QLD, Australia
Lil Fish

Lil FishGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unacceptable refund delay, extremely disappointing

DepartureMelbourne VIC, Australia
DestinationDüsseldorf, Germany
Katina

KatinaSydney

Outstanding

I’ve been fortunate enough to fly business class to London a couple of times (for work) in the past year and have been extremely happy with this airline. The flight attendants are extremely welcoming and pleasant. The planes are noticeably cleaner than other airlines. The inflight service offers a lot of choice and there are plenty of meal options, which can be selected prior to check in.
I have no complaints with this airline and the genuine warmth of staff stands out to me.

BookingThird Party

Terrible. Never fly again with Singapore.

Was charged $500AUD for 7 kg excess baggage. Connecting flight scoot. And then Singapore. Charged both times. No food or entertainment on scoot. I will never fly again with them.

DepartureHong Kong
DestinationSydney NSW, Australia
David R.

David R.

3 months later and still no refund for canceled flight

What the airline is doing here is illegal. Especially given they canceled most the flights and a certain component of it is taxes that never belonged to the airline in the first place.

carmenlouise

carmenlouiseSydney, NSW

Received a refund due to covid-19 for return flight not taken ..restored my faith in Singapore airlines

I finally received a refund but did not agree with not allowing transit via changi airport when dubai had no issues however happy that they came through with a refund in the end

DestinationMunich, Germany
Ripped off DF customer

Ripped off DF customerSydney, NSW

I love SIA and wouldn't fly anyone else

Recently I have an extremely unpleasant experience with the online travel agent (Direct Flights) I booked through, trying to reschedule my flight to March 2021, they had ignored my emails and provided the worst possible experience, I reached out to SIA and was initially told there was nothing that could be done however after a second plea to SIA I feel SIA went above and beyond and acted swiftly and outside of normal protocol to issue my new ticket

I would sincerely like to thank SIA for stepping in to assist, this is exactly why I choose to fly with SIA and remain a loyal supporter.

Thank you very much SIA and I can't wait to take to the sky with you again soon.

DestinationSingapore
ClassFirst Class
Derek L.

Derek L.South East Queensland, QLD

The best international airline I’ve flown and I’ve flown many

We recently were unfortunate travellers during Covid 19 flight cancellations and airport transit restrictions while overseas visiting family. Despite the enormous stress and anxiety at the time in trying to get through to Singapore Airlines by phone (Lines were jammed with thousands of calls I believe) while overseas to see when and how we could return home, we subsequently made it home and the follow up since then by the airline has been excellent despite the huge stress they must also be under. I am very happy with the assistance they offered and will continue to choose them as my international airline of choice.

DepartureBrisbane QLD, Australia
DestinationJohannesburg, South Africa
Tina

TinaPerth, WA

Long wait for our refund

Be wary - still waiting for refund after 2 months.
We have been waiting over 2 months for a refund of our flights from Perth to India. We have managed to get through to Singapore airlines 3 or 4 times by phone and each time they have told us they will escalate our refund claim. And we are STILL WAITING. It is almost impossible to get hold of them. They don’t care. They have been holding our money since December and we want it back. We won’t be booking with Singapore Airlines again after this experience.

Simone J

Simone J

Joke of a company.

We booked flights valued at $4000+ on 26th April 2019 for flights in March 2020. Our flights were cancelled by the airline and as of the 5th June 2020 we cannot get anywhere with Singapore airlines or Wotif who we mistakenly booked through. They blame each other and will not speak to each other, shifting blame constantly as to who is not authorising our refund. An absolute joke of 2 companies- none taking responsibility. Will not use either ever again and advise anyone looking to book flights to read reviews. We have been left with no choice but to commence legal action as all other avenues have been exhausted.