Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines

SHAME SINGAPORE AIRLINES

Shame for not refunding my money on 4 return tickets during my mother’s hospitalisation and death on our holiday.
You asked for medical and death certificate and nearly a year later no refund. You were the issuing airline!
I’m a yo-yo calling and emailing one department to another and still nothing!!
Best thing you can do is call me ASAP!!
I will not let this rest anymore.
You said you’d refund on commpasionate grounds . Where is the refund?
We have been loyal customers to you over a number of years. Where’s your loyalty now to me??
I don’t care about internet booking I made when purchasing tickets. You are the issuing airline. Third party told me call you , you say call them. It’s been ridiculous!!

DestinationAthens, Greece
BookingThird Party

Not as good as I expected

Flew May 20th 2019, Singapore to Istanbul leg, aircraft was a Boeing 777ER, flight time 10 hrs 30 mins.
Expected much better. The Pro's- reasonable leg room, flight was on time. Polite staff when interacting, seating request met with satisfaction. Con's- Very old plane that looked like it was built when Bob Hawke was Prime minister, window blind had an annoying vibration like the sound of a blow fly in a bottle, 2 choices for main meal and that was it and one was hot. Hard to get cabin attendant attention when light above seat not working, 40 minutes waitng for earbuds to listen to in flight entertainment was infuriating. hated the retractable chord for remote control for inflight entertainment unit, reminded me of a tv I saw back in the 1970's with the remote control with a chord! Awful repetative piano music when landing, honestly, who listens to that any more in this century? Had one toilet block up which caused much longer line up for toilet. Will look for another airline next time, trusted travel agent, though flying economy, tickets were not cheap!

DestinationIstanbul, Turkey

A350 tiny leg room

Here's where SQ earned 3 stars:
1. Assistance for name correction. Apparently your Krisflyer profile details overwrite what you type into the booking fields online. SQ acknowledged that this occurred and changed for us. Greatly appreciated.

2. A330 Singapore to Manila return sectors - older aircraft but far more spacious for leg room on these 4 hour flights than the new overhyped A350 8 hour BNE-SIN return.

3 Airline boarding strictly by group. Thumbs up for efficiency.

4. Crew were gracious and helpful.

5. KRISWORLD is fabulous.

6. Great food and drinks service

You lose 2 stars and probably my business to another airline for mean and stingy legroom on A350s. Epic fail for anyone taller than 170cm. Adequate legroom is important for health reasons. Why have aircraft with more legroom on short haul sectors?

Very dissapointed with Singapore airlines

I booked a one way ticket fromSINGAPORE AIRLINES from Manchester UK to Perth WA after being with my mum one month. I packed my bags to come home but early that morning I had a phone call from the hospital that my mum was unconscious, I waited by her bed side and missed the plane home. My mum regained consciousness. I went to the travel agent to renew my ticket but to no avail, a few days later my mum died. I went to register her death and took the death certificate to the travel agent who said I believe you. Tracey tried to renew the ticket which they knew I never boarded the airline but to no use. I had to purchase another ticket to come home. I feel very let down by Singapore ailines on such an unavoidable event Yours sincerley Linda Dose from Western Australia

DestinationPerth WA, Australia

service is poor

Have been traveling with Singapore airlines for 12 years now. Last 3 trips in the last year have been crap. My food provided to me was incorrect, i didn't receive my dinner, and then my wife was skipped of her dinner. All this on 3 different trips in the last one year. if there was zero stars i would have given that .Singapore airlines is going down in service. Today my friend said he was not provided dinner in SQ279 singapore to Adelaide.

ClassPremium Economy

Singapore bad service

Singapore airlines have failed to provide the kgs we were entitled to. After the said 35 kgs the check in counter did not have the upgrade details and made the passenger remove items just because their system did not show the kgs.no one contacted us after several phone calls we got an email manipulating the situation to their convenience. All the need was to refund the $ 200 they made us loose but they have not returned a call.they have infact after admitting their mistake changed when we are taking legal action

DestinationSingapore
BookingThird Party
The worse airline staff cannot understand english when u call. there are cheaper airlines out there

Terrible terrible service, you are better off with a budget airline.

Terrible service
Online reservation is a scam, I initially purchased an economy class ticket to DAC and when I wanted to change the date, all the flights were night flight so I wanted to upgrade to business class but online reservation didn't allow me to do that. When I rang I was told to secure a seat out of DAC I must first book (pay $350) and secure a economy class seat, then at the airport upgrade to business class. Which I did like a fool. But at the airport they didn't want to hear my story or adjust the difference. Not only that when I asked for two prices DAC to PER and SIN to PER (SIN was my transit). As DAC to SIN was day time leg of the journey I wasn't fussed about business class or extra room. SIN to PER was night time - which I really wanted. The only one price they gave me of $940 USD. It was presented to me as the cost of upgrade to Business class, I assumed it was DAC to PER and I ask to clarify at which they got annoyed and said "yes sir this is the cost of upgrade to business". They didn't tell me it was only DAC to SIN. On arrival to SIN I realized I got duped, what they had done is only given me business class up to SIN.

Not just that the flight was almost 2hr delay. SIN to PER my entertainment unit on the seat was broken - I can provided pic. they didnt reset or fixed for upto 2:30hrs in my 5-6hr flight. No water was provided to me for upto 3hrs as the seat belt sign was on even though there was hardly any turbulence. The food that they served was terrible, all cold and dry. They didn't serve any hot drinks even though it was freezing cold coming into AUS.
I choose a window seat and paid extra on top (can provide receipt) but my seat had no window. Not just that it was missing a window it also had a hump coming out of the side wall that literally took up 10%-15% of my seat.
When I complained it felt on deaf ears. And it goes in circle, they will apologies which means nothing. But they wont change seat or compensate or pay back the money they overcharged or in access of what they should have charged.
To be honest I am a fool. On top of my original economy ticket which was about 1k Aus, I unfortunately paid almost another 2k Aus on top just for terrible terrible poor service.
Pic attached of the broken inflight entertainment system. Very Disappointed that this airline gets voted best airline. For near 2k I paid on top of the 1k to singapore airline for there broken promise I could have bought a new business class ticket from DAC to PER.

DestinationPerth WA, Australia
ClassBusiness Class

Customer Service and Website

Have yet to experience the flight, but the process and agony I had to go through to change my booking was horrendous. Firstly the website did NOT allow me to change the dates of the flight, so I was forced to do it via their 1300 customer support site. The whole process took me 40 minutes!!, the customer support person was terrible, repeatedly making mistakes on the date and month I was requesting, failing to confirm the dates she was proposing - stating only the flight and time - I had to continually correct the information she was providing after having agreed on what was available. After all this, I was charged the difference on the flight cost PLUS a penalty for each customer, and she also refused to give any transfer credit for the additional charge I paid on the original flight for extra legroom seats!! She also would not explain why I was unable to change to a 3 day stopover in Singapore as I wanted, insisting on a 1 day stopover in lieu of my original 2 day.
The website is also very slow, and the flight confirmation pdf has no bar code, and does not show seats selected.
How this airline was voted number one in the world is completely beyond me.

BookingThrough Airline

Hard to find something to complain about

Having travelled on many airlines, this time I went Singapore airlines. Wow, amazing service both in-flight and via app. The aircraft was super comfortable with great leg room and amazing food options. Really, the food is as good as eating in a restaurant. The in-flight staff, well so welcoming and just great people, the best by a very long measure.

Excellent service provided by the crew.

We enjoyed flying from Delhi to Melbourne the flight was on time comfortable in house crew services were excellent specially from Delhi to Singapore following crew members took good care:
Philip Chong
Jude Pinto
Nitika
Natasha
Cleanliness was of high standard food was delicious and served well.Keep up the good services.

Inder

Flight SQ 403

Pathetic...worst than budget airline

I was asked to pay a fee for seat selection where they had not mentioned during the booking process. Nevertheless, i have decided to pay the fee for my seat but no seats were allocated even after making the payment. Contacted customer care and they said this could be a technical error and the money will be refunded back to my account in 5-10 business days. I had to pay again to get my desired seat. What a pain...

DestinationSingapore

Better to fly budget than Singapore Airline

Singapore airline was known for its quality and customer care but it has now become like a budget flight where you need to pay for the seats and other facilities. Budget Airlines are better because they would at least tell you in advance that you need to pay for your prefered seat. But this is not the case with this flight, you will only come to know this when you allocate the seat.

Standards have dropped

They no longer seem to live and breath the standards they are known for. I have always chosen Singapore Airlines for my overseas trips but I am unlikely to fly with them after my last experience. I tend to be a quiet passenger who never calls for the flight attendant but after 10 hours of flying I thought I’d ask for a snack from their “candy bar” item from the menu. They usually come around asking at least a few times but this flight that did not happen. The lady was rude and literally tossed a candy bar at me before walking away, saying they didn’t have alot of snacks left. Clearly snacks are a popular item on their menu. On the second part of my trip my friend and I selected the chicken dish from the two options available only to be told there was only a spicy curry left...again they had run out. Why a spicy curry would be served on a long flight I don’t know. We were left with no dinner on a 22 hour flight. The lady serving us did kindly offer a packet of peanuts cos we certainly “couldn’t not eat”. We kindly declined. I was immensely disappointed and will try another carrier with my next trip.

DestinationIstanbul, Turkey
BookingThrough Airline

We want medical evidence that your wife is dying for a refund

Really the title says it all. Booked 2 PE flights from Australia to Europe last September. My wife was diagnosed with Cancer early January. As Chemotherapy will now be in place for at least six months it gave us no option except to cancel this years flights. Explained the situation to the person on the phone and was promptly told " you will have to prove she is dying if you want a refund ". We need a Medical Certificate from her Doctor etc etc...........if you want your money back !! After a few strong words I said I will start again and cancel the flights plain and simple. Which is what I did without further ado. Happily the more than 10 grand cost has been placed back in my CC account. Now I just need the bank to give me back the money too.......Do all airlines adopt this harsh attitude to people wanting to cancel for a very genuine reason. After flying with them for over 40 years my poor wife could not believe such a callous attitude.
Four years ago they stuffed up of PE flights when they first came out and we paid twice...........the refund will take 4-5 months said a voice from Singapore..........that's our normal practise.......

ClassPremium Economy

Unusable website

Truly awful website, as many people have stated. Tried booking tickets for my family to travel to Oz from Africa, using Firefox browser, got all the way through to the last screen then boom, I get taken back to the site's home page and all my work is discarded. Tried using Chrome, was able to make the bookings, although it was patchy, for example for the first passenger I was asked to put in gender, DOB and passport number, but not for the second passenger. So I tried using "Manage Booking" to fix that, and found that all the details I'd entered for the first passenger had been discarded or were incorrect, for example DOB had been changed from 1937 to 1922. At that point I gave up. I sent emails to their customer service about this issue and about payment issues, but never received a response.

BookingThrough Airline

worst experience of booking a ticket online

Tried booking a ticket online for my parents, apparently can not do so... the system would not process the payment and when I call airlines they gave me a quote that was 50% higher saying that the online system and their actual system are two different things. How is that possible???
I just can not understand how these airlines continuously been called as one of the top in the industry if they can not even streamline their booking services... Feels like there is something fishy going on. Probably the last time I tried anything with this airline.

Ripped me off by charging me TWICE and is making me wait for return of stolen funds

I've been waiting 4 days for Singapore Air to return the money they took from my account TWICE> double charged me. Once on the 16th Jan and again for the same amount, on the 18th Jan. They have not returned my call as promised and despite 10 emails begging them to return the money they have done NOTHING> they over drew my account by $1500 and I am devastated. I have no money and I am unable to buy food or make my auto payments. I am now going to be hit with late fees, dishonour fees and I don't know what to do. I have spent 3 hours on the phone to them on Friday morning and most of that time was on hold waiting for a supervisor.

Disappointing

Spent the extra to go Premium Economy. While the flight to Paris from Brisbane was relatively enjoyable, the return was not.

The woman serving our aisle constantly forgot things. I was given half a meal (no diet restrictions) she just forgot to give the rest. When I realised because the woman across from me received her full meal (from the FA on the other aisle). I asked my FA for the rest. She said she would have to check if she had any left. She then proceeded to serve the rest of her side of the plane and then forgot entirely. When I pressed the service button, she came up and told me I had bumped it before even asking if I needed anything. I reminded her about the meal but she said they had all gone. I ended up with an economy meal then - no choice.

My partner numerous times requested a drink and had to remind the woman 15 minutes later when nothing came.

Then to top it off - For Christmas my partner purchased a new suitcase for me. So the return trip was its first time. It was a Samsonite Case and it arrived in Brisbane completely trashed. Plastic parts around the handle snapped off, dents so large it pierced the plastic the whole way through. My zip doesnt even zip up flush to the case any longer. ONE FLIGHT!

I contacted the airline but they will not cover it.

I prefer the service of other airlines and will fly with them in future.

7 JAN 19

Excellent services

Was my first flying with the Singapore airline from Sydney to Kochin and go back.
Was awesome!!! Comfortable flights & food was enough.
It’s a five stars services.

Shocking flight. Never again!

First and last time flying Singapore Airlines.
London to Perth via singapore.one meal offered of noodles on the lon-sing stretch an hour into the journey and one meal offered of noodles an hour b4 we landed in Perth. No tea or coffee throught the entire journey. No snacks. Nothing. For a long haul flight the food amount was inadequate. Extremely cold flight. Problems with my seat (which i paid extra for).