Singer 14SH754

Singer 14SH754

See the Best Sewing Machines & Overlockers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Singer? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.9
  • Safety
  • Thick Fabric Performance
Christine W.
Christine W.New South Wales

vs Elna 664 Pro

I make swimwear and leotards. I have sewn on the Elna 664 Pro for 10 years and it needed a service, decided to get extra machine for back up. Threading is fiddly and hard, tension has taken me COUNTLESS hours to adjust and it constantly needs adjusting and its reasonably noisy. I wish I bought another Elna pro and stuck with what I knew. 3 months in, I hope we become friends Singer!

Purchased in July 2020 at Spotlight Online Store for $500.00.

Leanne M.Central Queensland, QLD

Singer Ultralock Overlocker less than basic

I bought this wanting a basic machine. I generally sew medium to heavy weight material. This is my 3rd Overlocker in my lifetime and I'm not happy with it. The knife is flat out able to cut the skin on a custard and it's a pig to rethread the inside needle. Do your research and buy something else.

Purchased in November 2019 at Spotlight Retail Stores for $365.00.

Grumpy
GrumpySouth East Queensland, QLD

Just won’t work

I bought one to do over locking when I started working with light canvas and denim for hand bags. It has done very little work. When it worked properly it did a reasonably job, not great though. Now it just breaks thread at the needles continually. So it won’t work. I spent all my time threading. It instantly broke the thread. Finally I just gave up so it all shiny and new and just sitting there doing absolutely nothing. Painful and expensive.

Purchased in October 2019 at Spotlight for $399.00.

Ms P
Ms PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great beginner machine

Great beginner machine, easy to thread, modern look2,3 or 4 thread machine. I have used this machine over past three years to overlock rayon, linen, calico etc to make clothing my myself and my child. No troubles with it. Decent quality. Does exactly what I need.

Purchased in June 2014 for $200.00.

Sal55Hunter Region, NSW

Faulty

I purchased it not long ago from Spotlight. Unpacked it and the base of the machine was sitting in machine oil. Requested a refund but received another machine. I didn't open the box as there was water damage to the box. Still waiting for refund.

Purchased in January 2019 at Spotlight Online Store for $299.00.

Worthless

Machine has not worked properly since I took it out of the box. The stitches are always loose and requires a straight stitch to keep it together, I’ve had it serviced numerous times, wished I’d saved my money and purchased a new different one, or even a proven second hand one . This machine is worthless

Purchased in May 2016 at Spotlight for $299.00.

Ally M
Ally MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great machine

I’ve been seeing some minor alterations with this machine, took a bit of getting used to as I normally use older machines. I’ve found that the needle thread tension doesn’t get as tight as I am used to, I’ve had to secure it with a straight stitch but otherwise works well.
Presser foot is not very good at taking thick layered fabric, you have to lift it up and wedge it in there

Purchased in February 2019 at Spotlight for $299.00.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Grandma1Langwarrin

Over locker to avoid

This machine is worthless. I have never even managed to get it to complete one item without an issue. Even a friend who teaches sewing can’t get hers to work. We both just go back to our ancient Janine machines. I tried customer support who were complicated and insist this machine was not poorly made as an Aldi exclusive. But of the 3 machines we purchased all of them are unuseable.
Cotton breaks. Or it sees fine for 30 cm without breaking then just stops and threads no longer loop or sew but are not actually broken.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Lesley
LesleyMaitland

Unable to tension from day 1.

Had overlockers in the past and used with no problem the singer from day one useless. Changed to better quality thread no success spent $100 on a service and was only passible now the tension is gone again and I don’t have the energy to fight with it, or waste any more money will buy a new one and not a Singer.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Complaint

I recently bought the 14SH754 overlocker and am unable to use it.
the knob to adjust the hem width e.g. roll hem(factory set) or standard is very hard to turn. enquiries at the place of purchase, inform me that "this is not our standard product" I was told I would be contacted as to where and who could look at it. I am still waiting. Singer: has ? a good reputation for its products I am very disappointed with this one. I am unable to use the overlocker.

No after sale service

Singer Overlockers.....Excellent value for money!!

The Singer Overlockers are excellent value for money. They are nice and quiet, do a very nice 3 or 4 thread overlock and a wonderful rolled hem.
The cutting blade works well, however I have seen sewing people wind the stitch width screw too wide and this causes the top cutting blade to have less pressure on the stationary bottom blade (like a worn pair of scissors).
Anyone who has problems with the Singer 14SH754 obviously hasn't got the tensions or settings correct. Also don't forget to pull the threads into the tension discs before you begin to sew.
Excellent value for money!!

Arik
Arik

Terrible

LDS
LDS

ValmaeJ
ValmaeJasked

Where in Perth WA can I purchase a power cord for the Singer Ultralock Model 14SH654. I have mislaid the powere cord Thank you

Leanne M.

If you have a locally owned haberdashery they're usually keen to help out.

Elaine B.
Elaine B.asked

show me how to thread my overlocker

Sal55

follow the youtube thread https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+thread+singer+14sh754&oq=how+to+thread+Singer+14SH754&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i61l2j0.8847j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Chloe McAlpine
Chloe McAlpineasked

Hi I purchased a 14sh754... 16 days ago and from the very first time I used it the bottom looper broke ( have ever had a problem using a machine before ) took it to a singer shop today and they said it would be $160 and 4 weeks to be fixed.... I think the problem was that it was not rite in the first place... I don’t have the money to fix a machine that just cost me $400 to purchase nor 4 weeks to wait for it to be fixed what can I do?

Grandma1

The time you can’t change but this is clearly a warranty repair. Contact consumer affairs about claiming a warranty repair as the machine has 3 years warranty. Shops are not oblidged to replace after about 1 month. If you contact Singer directly they will most likely have you send it to them for repair. Postage cost less than you think. But you will have to just accept it takes time.

Do not pay for a repair through the shop!

CategorySewing Machines & Overlockers