Sirius SL906-L Excel 850 / SL906-L Excel 1000 / SL906-L Excel 1200

Sirius SL906-L Excel 850 / SL906-L Excel 1000 / SL906-L Excel 1200

SL906-L Excel 850, SL906-L Excel 1000 and SL906-L Excel 1200

Great suction

The Sirius Australian Rangehood (code number SL906L EXCEL 850) has a very efficient and strong suction capacity. Even though the suction is very strong, the rangehood is surprisingly quiet for its size.

Purchased in March 2019.

Many Teething Issues

The unit was initially replaced prior to installation due to a dent in the outer flange, the second unit was installed with some difficulty, it is very heavy and requires at least two strong adults to install; there were no securing screws/hardware provided in our box, the remote control would not operate the unit and the battery cover would not remain closed. I've contacted "Arisit" and am waiting for assistance. I also purchased sirius ducting but have found I need extra length of ducting. On a positive note, there is plenty of powerful air extraction.

Terrible range hood, poorly designed...complete waste of money!

Terrible range hood, poorly designed. I purchased this for my mum as the brand had come highly recommended and I loved the sleek look and the strength seemed to be on the specifications, The baffle filters can go in the dishwasher to be easily cleaned, however the condensation and grease go through the filters all over the motor and inside above the buttons. The inside cannot be cleaned easily and the and eventually the grease spills through the filters while cooking. It is a fire hazard and extremely un-hygienic! I called Sirius after 5 weeks of use and have been awaiting a solution for over two month. I would not recommend this brand as the service has been pathetic. No Customer service for the high price paid, and honestly the old style carbon filters are much more effective, no disputing that the motor is strong but that's about it! The purpose of a range hood is to be used for cooking, this range hood has caused more issues than its worth. I'm a kitchen designer and have seen many models installed the design of this is not for someone who does a lot of cooking, more for a display purpose as its neat and hidden, not worth the amount you pay for it. My suggestion is do a lot of research on these baffle filters as they do not absorb fat or oils, there are brilliant carbon filters on the market that can be washed in the dishwasher just as easy and still protect the inside of the range hood. As for the brand you will be extremely disappointing with the service as there is none! It came with 5 year warranty, Id be surprised if this last a year! Look at a better brand without baffle filters, as this is a common problem acknowledge by other suppliers.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Excellent product!

Powerful and quiet, with a sleek and minimalist design, plus easy-to-clean baffle filters, this is a brilliant piece of hardware. It has about 2-3x the extraction rate as most average rangehoods this size, which is amazing, but is still very quiet when used at the lower settings. It also completely disappears into the kitchen cabinetry. The dishwasher-compatible filters are also really easy to wash! Good warranty too, esp if you use Sirius-branded ducting.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

SIRIUS rangehood/ poor service

SIRIUS rangehood for 6 months, 2 Technicians came out to repair, Faulty motor! Used rangehood that evening, cut out! Lost power, removed the silver panels, long back cable was hanging it zapped and popped, power went off! Have been in touch with Arisit, still waiting! Bad customer service! Replace it!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Highly recommended - look no further for a new rangehood!

I researched a number of rangehood brands when installing our new kitchen and wanted something powerful, easy to clean and reasonably quiet to go with my 90cm induction cooktop.

You simply cannot look past the Sirius 85cm Excel. Came with powerful motor (even the cabinet maker was super impressed) and looks solid and commercial grade. Love that it is easy to clean and looks awesome tucked away in my concealed cabinetry. Absolutely highly recommend - plus awesome customer service when I had to ring to order a ducting part to go with it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Kitchen extractor with induction cooktop

Neat and efficient with excellent 2000sq.metre airflow extraction. Low noise with twin aluminium motor. 4 speed with induction control. Slim undermount, modern lines suit new modern kitchen design. Lighting is with LED lights and has independent control. A unit that suits our design requirements. Our unit ducts through the roof using the matching ducting kit from Sirius.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Love it

Bought Sirius Excel 850 after friend’s recommendation and reading the excellent reviews on Productreview , and I am happy that I made the right decision. It’s so easy to use with powerful motors. I could even use the deep fryer under the range hood without worrying about the smell. Cleaning is effortless, the baffle filter is like new after the wash inthe dishwasher.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Lyndalls, thanks for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about your Sirius SL906-L Excel 850 and we’re glad to hear that you’re enjoying your appliance so far. If you have any future queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 762 219. Kind regards, Sirius Brand.

The Best Ranghood Ever

If you want a strong powerful extraction without all the noise then this is fantastic brand and product!
You can't even tell when its on low, the motor is attached externally so you don't hear the sound inside.
Its very powerful!
The LED lights are fantastic, it has a strip of lights not just 1 or 2 light bulbs.
The filters come out easily and can be washed in the dishwasher.
OMG I am soo happy would 100% back this product and recommend to all my family and friends.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Excellent range hood with good price

Searched through product review and found excellent review on Sirus range hood products. It has been two weeks since we finished our kitchen renovation and I just loved the Excel 850, it is easy to use with excellent extraction and sleek design. Cleaning the product is as easy as ABC.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Good looking, Great performance

Was looking for a powerful range hood that not only looks great but does a fantastic job to clear any cooking odours in our new kitchen. This model ticked all my requirements and bought it at a fantastic offer from E&S Trading. All in all, I am very happy with my purchase and would not hesitate to recommend this model.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Got this at absolute bargain price! Hands down best value for money.

Bought this for $1350 from E&S trading. Very quite in operation. clears the air in the kitchen very efficiently, despite during high powered wok cooking! I was first told to buy a Chinese branded rangehood as they would be "best". Found this to be much more quite and easier to maintain - with the large baffle filters which are commercial grade.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Sirius Undermount rangehood SL906LEXCEL1200

Very happy with our purchase. The suction is great and love the automatic turn off function too. Cleaning is easy, i just removed the grills and popped in the dishwasher....Too easy!

Sirius Rangehood SL906 L Excel 850

Best ducted rangehood on the market, very quiet, does the job very well, good value for money , European quality to a high standard - easy for installer to install ducting, clears away cooking steam and odours in an instance- no complaints at all for this rangehood. I would highly recommmend

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Quiet and powerful

We are really enjoying the use of our rangehood. We sometimes forget that we have it turned on as it is so quiet. Brilliant technology. Looking forward to many more years of (silent) cooking with our rangehood!

Looks great, works even better

The rangehood services an Ilve PN90FMP and cooking style is predominantly Asian (i.e. heaps of steam and smoke).

With the on-board motor, I was expecting a lot of noise but have been pleasantly surprised. I was expecting the family to use the highest setting 4 most of the time due to the cooking style of the house, but we haven't gone past setting 2 given the power of the motors.

The baffle filters are easy to remove and they go straight into the dishwasher. The filters were one of the biggest criteria of choosing the Sirius over a Qasair WES900L-2T (besides noise) - they look like they will outlast the household by a long shot.

Cleaning the rangehood unit (around the filters) is a breeze since the design is such that all lines flow and there are no small nooks and crannies. All surfaces are stainless steel (except the lighting strip cover), so all the grime wipes off easily.

To top it off, the unit looks great - sleek lines and a modern touch with the LED lighting strip. Couldn't be happier.

Striking, efficient, excellent unit

The sirius rangehood has a sleek modern design together with powerful extraction. The impressive feature is just how quite it is. LED lighting, stainless steel baffle filters, looks great. This is unit is a must for all kitchens.
It complements any kitchen layout and design. We installed the under mount with the on board twin motors and wall venting system. Five stars, works perfectly, cannot fault.

excellent quiet air evacuation

This rangehood services a large Siemens induction cooktop. It is quiet and efficient, good lighting underneath assists with cooking at night. It is easy to clean and a joy to use.

Best ever!!!

I have an external venting system with a remote motor. This is the best exhaust fan I have ever had and I would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet, strong and easy to clean exhaust fan I their kitchen.

Looks fantastic in our new kitchen

Love the look of this product, looks fantastic in our modern kitchen. Works well, great lights and adds to our cooking expereince.