Sirius SL906-L 520 / SL906-L 850

SL906-L 520 and SL906-L 850

Satisfied customer

Satisfied customerIllawarra, NSW

Sleek and Stylish

I'm very pleased with the appearance of my new rangehood. Its definitely the least intrusive of any I saw in the market. It's the one our kitchen installed recommended as the best to use with an induction cooktop. The 6 year warranty you get by using the Sirius ducting is fantastic. We used the recommended installer for your area and they gave excellent service.

Purchased in August 2019.

A powerful, sleek and easy to clean rangehood

We have done quite a few kitchen renovations and new builds in our time and this is clearly the best ducted kitchen range hood we have come across and installed to date. Our unit is ducted to the outside and therefore any nasty cooking smells are removed without a fuss, its easy to clean and very discreet under our overhead kitchen cabinets. We are really happy with our purchase.

Purchased in February 2019.

taniknight

taniknightGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Yet to install but was definitely best in store.

While I'm yet to install this range hood I can honestly recommend that anyone interested in a quite extractor should take a look at this unit. I know my opinion only holds so much weight as I'm yet to live with the appliance but we didn't hesitate to purchase it based on the in-store demonstration and I encourage others to check it out. I'm certain that it will perform fantastically.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Melina

MelinaSydney, NSW

Powerful and good looking

I needed real suction for our new kitchen as I make lots of stir fries and soups- this product is super efficient and also looks sleek and tidy - fits discretely under our cabinets. The motor for this is outside so very minimal noise from the fan. It is easy to clean - am really happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Ken B

Ken BGippsland, VIC

To be installed soon Kitchen replacement

Salesman at Harvey Norman showed us performance of other range hoods. This one was one of the quietest but is designed to perform with induction hot plates. Not many range hoods are suited to induction hotplates due to induction rain. I can also wash the vents in the dishwasher to keep them clean. Have seen great reviews on this product and it will be installed soon in our new kitchen.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Powerful - Well Built - Great LED

Date PurchasedJul 2018

shane

shanewilliamstown

Love the ease of Cleaning

Just purchased this product after looking at and comparing other similar products we were sold on this one because of the ease of cleaning and maintaining the product.It also looked great and was very functional.The price was also very competitive and the promotional cash back offer was also very appealing

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Penny

Pennysydney

Can't wait to use it

Have seen great reviews on this product and went out and purchased it. It is about to be installed in our new home. Love the bright LED light on it and the fact that I can wash the vents in the dishwasher to keep the clean. Compared to other range hoods out there I am exceptionally happy I chose this one.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Jan

JanGeelong

Awesome looking, great product!

I love the fact I can clean vents in the dishwasher, and the lovely chrome finish. I also like the single strip lighting rather than the spot lights in other range hoods on the market, it lights up the whole cooking area without dark and light areas. I would recommend this product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Tony

TonyCaulfield

Really great product

Bought this on a retail sales person recommendation and couldn't be happier. The free upgrade to the double motor didn't hurt either. Really gets the job done and is nice and quiet which suits our needs. The light feature and the removable baffles are an excellent design feature that we really like.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

misscatherine

misscatherineMelbourne

Great rangehood - effective, quiet and easy to clean

Date PurchasedNov 2015

lyndalls1

lyndalls1Hunter Region, NSW

Great rangehood and does what it designed to do very well

Being undermount it gives clean lines to our new kitchen. Unit vented outside which keeps most of cooking smells out of the house. Works very well and controls very easy to use. Noisy on highest setting which I use when cooking a stir fry but the cooking sounds are noisy too for the 10minutes this takes. Good led light. Haven’t cleaned as yet but is due this month on our experience to date I definitely recommend this make and model.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Quality and class

The Sirius SL906-L520 has added class to my newly renovated kitchen. A lot of thought went into my choice of rangehood . The LED light, easy clean baffle filters which are excellent for induction cooktops, quality stainless steel and the long warranty. Definately worth the money. Would recommend this everyone.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Gerard Fennessy

Gerard Fennessy

Good product, quiet, good quality

Good quality product, you pay for what you get - quality. Looks good, efficient, good lighting and easy to clean. Not the cheapest rangehood but definitely the best. Needs extra ducting and some standard clips to complete the package and to be eligble for the extended warrantee. Overall very happy.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

APPerth, WA

Good performance, lousy instructions

Date PurchasedApr 2017
AP

Update: the unit performed flawlessly until we sold the house in Jan 2019. I am now looking to renovate the kitchen in our new house and would use Sirius again.

Very efficient but noisy

Installed unit over induction cooktop in newly renovated kitchen. Recommended by salesperson to reduce cooking odours in small townhouse, and be quiet. It is efficient whilst cooking, but is so noisy we cannot leave on to fully eliminate odours whilst we eat (despite purchasing the recommended ducting and vent kit).

Date PurchasedDec 2016

R_WGold Coast

So glad the salesperson suggested this unit!!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
R_W

Update.. Now installed, looks and works great.

Marion

MarionAdelaide

Quality

The Sirius SL906-L850 has added a streamlined finish to my newly renovated kitchen. Great consideration went into my choice of rangehood. The LED light, easy clean baffle filters which are excellent for induction cooktops, quality stainless steel and the long warranty. I am very pleased with my purchase and highly recommend this rangehood.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Gemini

GeminiSydney

Quality and looks great

SIRIUS SL906-L850 - The stainless steel grill with no greasy filters to clean won me over when purchasing this undermount rangehood. You just pop the stainless steel grills in the dishwasher. I compared other brands relating to power/suction and quality material and the additional great appearance, for me this was a great choice, so much so I bought a 2nd one SIRIUS SL906-L520R for my butler's pantry to compliment the one in the kitchen.

Anthony F.Sirius

Thanks for the great review, Gemini. We appreciate your positive feedback. Kind regards, Sirius Brand.

Janette B

Janette BSydney, NSW

Excellent performance

Replaced another well known brand with this one. Very quiet operation works perfectly with my 90cm stove with tempanyaki plate. Would highly recommend.
Harvey Norman at Domayne great to deal with! Staff were well informed patient & happy to demonstrate. it was an easy decision when comparing with other brands.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Will

Willasked

Hi there,
Purchased the 850 w undermount with external motor,i explained to the salesman it was about 1 metre away from cooktop and what size I would need and he said the single motor would be fine, but after reading up on them I'm not quite sure now

Hi Will,
Just to clarify, did you get the rangehood with the onboard motor (inside the rangehood) or the external motor (where ducting goes from the rangehood to a motor, to the vent). Either way, the maximum recommended distance between the cooktop and the rangehood is 750mm, so any higher than this may cause performance issues. If you are looking for a rangehood that can be installed higher we recommend the SL920 FRESCO undermount, which can go up to 850mm above the cooktop.

Glenasked

Hi there. Looking for a power pack for a kitchen renovation. These are certainly generally very good reviews. Two questions for a Sirius rep please, we want to put an 850 over a 1200 hob, mainly for price and we only really use the more central burners. Will this work? It certainly looks like it draws well at 1020 m3/h
2) Reading above about a motor failure, how critical really is the ducting? Isn’t a 150mm hole a 150mm hole? We have existing generic ducting installed from our fisher and paykel range hood which is being removed. Thanks.

Hi Glen,
1) We always recommend that the rangehood match or exceed the width of the cooktop, so all burners are covered by the extraction area and so there is enough power to extract when multiple burners are used.

2) Sirius semi-rigid ducting is a very important part of installing a Sirius motor. Due to the high-power of the motor, cheap flexible ducting can't hold up and could buckle or tear, which can damage the rangehood. We always recommend using Sirius Ducting with our rangehoods, and when used, will increase the warranty on the hood from 3 years to 6 years.

Glen

Hi Anthony thanks for the answer. I take on board what your saying about the size and agree but I think it will probably be ok for what we are trying to achieve.
About the duct, I’m in NZ and looking at getting a unit from Harvey Norman. Do you have a duct supplier here so I can look at it? I’m doing to install. Thanks.

Anthony F.Sirius

Harvey Norman in New Zealand will have the ducting for purchase from the store, and they should also have a list of recommended installers depending on your location.

JPD

JPDasked

SL906-L 520

We have an undermount 52cm sirius rang hood but can't seem to be able to remove the filter without scratching the front. Its less than 12 months old. Suggestions??? It looks like there isn't enough room for it to slide out...

Get an answer from our members and Sirius representatives

Sirius SL906-L 850