Smarttek Black Smart Hot Water System

Smarttek Black Smart Hot Water System

3.9

• Smells of GasYes (1) · No (19)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

My Smarttek Black not a set and forget system

Purchased in March 2021 at Tentworld Physical store for $498.00.

Boyd C.
Boyd C.
MarkD

MarkDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great service, great attitude

Purchased camper trailer 2nd hand and hws would not work when I first went to use it. Obviously, previous owner had never used as it was plumbed up wrong and would never work as was.
Customer Service rep got me going quick smart. Great attitude to assisting the customer
Unit provides huge amounts of hot water for luxurious showers when camping

Purchased in January 2020 for $299.00.

Sonia

SoniaSouth East Queensland, QLD

This Awesome can’t live without while I’m out and about camping

Loving my smarttek hot water system had for near 5 year. We enjoy hot water at every camp trip for showers and doing dishes (don’t even have to boil the kettle it save heaps of time) I just use water out of water system. Every time I’m camping a least two ask to have look and and tell and show them.

Purchased in August 2016.

Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Find out how Smarttek Black Smart Hot Water System compares to other Gas Continuous Hot Water Systems

Great customer service

This is an excellent easy to use hot water system. We had a minor problem with heating and contacted Smartek. Greg promptly identified the issue and had it fixed within minutes. Amazing customer service and amazing product. Highly recommend this hot water system as it is reliable and so is the Company that makes it.

Purchased in February 2020 for $349.00.

Hayley

HayleyIllawarra, NSW

Cheaply manufactured bad experience.

The smartek 4.3lt black hot water system was offered as an option with the purhase of our camper. After we unpacked it all, read the instructions, set it up and turned it on it leaked inside.
After pulling down found a rubber seal had been crushed and copper tube extracted poorly and out of shape.
After seeing photos said they would replace it with a new unit.
After going to the trouble of sending it back they just replaced seal and sent it back.
Probably stuff up again after warranty runs out. Not a happy camper

Purchased in December 2020.

Samantha J.

Samantha J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Highly recommended

We bought ours 5 months ago and only had 1 issue which was the filter needed cleaning but the guys at the call centre were fabulous and talked us through it. Love it and do recommend it. I don't buy things unless I read up on the products and im certainly glad we bought it. Couldn't be happier with this system and the technicians.

Purchased in October 2020 at Tentworld.

Shorty

ShortySouthwest, VIC

After sales service is non existent

The unit only works intermittently and temperature fluctuates wildly. Emailed Smarttek with my concerns and was ignored. Should have paid a bit extra and gone with Joolca, which had been my initial plan. Sadly, I was swayed by the reviews I’d read online.

Purchased in December 2020 for $349.00.

Jack S

Jack SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

We took our home with us!

My wife and I wanted to get away from the metro life of Melbourne for a bit, grabbed a Smarttek Black, Stand, Tent and a few other bits and bobs, once at camp my wife wouldn't stop talking about how great the hot shower is, definitely a great product, I would reccomend and my wife heavily does too.

Purchased in August 2020 at Tentworld Physical store for $349.00.

Tony Nickle

Tony NickleSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is what I was looking for!

I went camping a few weeks ago with some friends and I had a hot shower under their portable hot water system, it really intrigued me, enough to purchase one and now use on my regular camping trips with my son! I am really happy with my system and even happier with my tripod stand, I couldn't believe this is something that actually exists!

Purchased in October 2020 at Snowys Outdoors for $349.00.

Steve M.

Steve M.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

At last, hot water when camping!

I did my research against another popular brand and decided to go Smarttek Black with the 6lpm pump. It just had the edge over the other one. Tested it the other day and had no dramas at all. Can’t wait to go bush with it. We also bought the 5m shower hose.

Purchased in October 2020 at Snowys Outdoors Online store for $428.00.

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

No faith in this product.

From brand new out of the box this unit leaked water out of the housing and battery compartment.
I contacted technical support who gave me instructions over the phone to diagnose a blown "o" ring.
Not good for a unit that's never been used, fortunately I tested it before taking it camping otherwise I would have been very annoyed.

Purchased in October 2020 for $375.00.

Tiff S.

Tiff S.South East Queensland, QLD

I am sure it would be good if it worked - should have bought a joolca.

Purchased in August 2020.

Emma

EmmaMid North Coast, NSW

the perfect hot water system for camping and washing up

This hot water system endures day in day out use on the farm or out camping by the creek with no issue! this is our second hot water system, the first one is hard mounted to our camping hut. Everything is straight forward and very easy to use. It heats up water hot even in winter temperatures recently using this camping in minus 2 degrees up at Barrington tops in the snow! when traveling it lives in the
Smarttek bag witch fits all our hoses and pumps perfectly :) we couldn't be happier with our purchase!

Purchased in March 2020 for $349.00.

Jim

JimAlice Springs, NT

OK Unit at best

Purchased in November 2018 for $349.00.

Kev

KevSydney Surrounds, NSW

Awesome product

have had this for a couple of months and used it a few times already. Holds temperature well and hasn’t failed yet. Makes camping so much more enjoyable, especially for the missus. Now we can camp off grid comfortably for days on end. The kids love it that much they have even used it to shower in the back yard for fun. Great system out of the box and with the included water pump and accessories we could use it straight away without spending more money.

Purchased in July 2020 at Smarttek .

DannyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not impressed.

Purchased in April 2020 at Tentworld Online store for $369.00.

Tania P.

Tania P.Wanniassa 2903, ACT

Ok but not suited for what I wanted

Was using this unit in my mobile pet grooming van. It is easy to use and being able to adjust water flow and temperature easily is great. When it works it is great but the unit cannot be mounted and was sold to me with the technical staff knowing this was its purpose.
The staff at Smarttek helpline were professional but I feel they lacked knowledge about the new addition to thier line and specifically how (or if) it should be mounted. The general manager and helpline staff provided conflicting information on this. Information in the specifications should reflect the required back clearances.
All up I'm sure it's a good product, however this experience has left a sour taste in my mouth.

Purchased in August 2019 for $329.00.

This is a really great system

Perfect for the dogs and horses, the wife loves it aswell!!! Great functionality and easy to use With all the quick connects, the longer hose is highly recommended, have been pumping out of a local creek for washing up and showers without fault.

Purchased in January 2019 at eBay for $349.00.

Jason S.

Jason S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great unit & customer support.

Once you are used to how it operates it works very well. Hot water is terrific considering the starting temp is 4 degrees lately. Ease of use & great support from the team.

Purchased in August 2018 for $290.00.

Steve

Great unit, perfect for our setup

Works extremely well, have had no issues.
Have purchased some of the accessories which are great.
Good to know there is tech support available with any operating issues.
A must for any camp or 4wd setup.

Purchased at Smarttek for $385.00.