2Smeg CK2000 Series

1.7

17% · 15 · 83%

DavieTGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts
  CK2000SS

Great looking ranghood - If only it worked !

I moved into a house that had a CK2000 range hood fitted.

The performance of the rangehood was incredible for the first few weeks. Unfortunately after two weeks it stopped working completely. No lights, No Fan, nothing. I called the Smeg service agent who informed me that the main circuit board is no longer available as a spare part. I'm now left with the choice of replacing the entire unit at $$$, or replacing with another brand and modifying the cabinetry to suit.

Based on this experience, I'd not be able to recommned this product.

Frits C.
Frits C.Sydney, NSW2 posts
  CK2000SS

Disappointed with the premium brand rangehood

We have a SMEG CK2000 about 2 years ago and we are quite disappointed. Despite cleaning frequently in the dishwasher, it does not take a long time for it to drip grease and fat onto the smeg cooktop and any food that is being prepared.
We also had to replace one of the filters as metal bits fell off and into the food.

We contacted SMEG but they were unwilling to solve the issue, other than us replacing the 3 filters for $100 each + postage.

poz
pozVictoria5 posts

paid plenty

Brought a smeg range hood ck 2000 when building our new home paid plenty over $2000

very disppointed with the appliance 3 years later motor blow and computer chip gone over $800 to fix would expect more for SMEG and will be without for 2 weeks not sure to fix or replace they all say its a good range hood we got the dud.lucky us

this product

Poz

Show details

DJ
DJMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Not working well

When we looked at CK2000 they demonstreated how it could hold up a hot plate. I'm not sure what the difference is between that and what we bought and that since with ours you are lucky to suck and hold a piece of paper. It sucks alright - but not in they way we would like.

Shawn
Shawn2 posts
  CK2000 Series

Excellent Rangehood!

I am so pleased with my Smeg-ck2000 Rangehood! I had the ducting well sealed at the joins, and ducted into the ceiling. There are 4 speeds to suit what you are cooking. It only gets louder on three and four and its not that loud! I love the fact that this Rangehood is taking away all of the cooking steam and oils so that my kitchen stays clean! We chose this one because it was the most powerful. We were tired of the kitchen having the grime on shelving etc, and it is doing its job! I recommend this Rangehood to those who want a Rangehood that actually does its job!
Yes, this was a higher price, but equals its value! The old saying, "You get what you pay for"!
cherylGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts
  CK2000 Series

Not the greatest

I'm disappointed with this appliance - pricey - stats good on paper however all mine seems to do is make noise. We have it ducted externally and it's completely ineffective - The noise is unbearable. The house smells like the cooking and the outside where it's ducted to does not smell "foodie" at all. Disappointing - never again
looks good
Noise - House always smells like cooking
cheryl

correction, it's the installation. not vented correctly, make sure you have it properly intalled

Wayne and Linda Z.
Wayne and Linda Z. · CK2000 Series

Our rangehood suddenly stopped working - both lights and fan. Power is on to the device. Is it time to call a service agent or is there some obscure reset.

DavieT

There is no reset button, but there is a replaceable fuse on the circuit board.

Smeg frustration
Smeg frustration · CK2000 Series

Hi there. I have a Smeg CK2000HC (according to the label inside the rangehood - the previous owners installed it). The 3 x air (grease) filters need replacing but I can't work out where to get them from. There's an Aussie spare parts company that has some for the Smeg CK2000-76 but I can' tell if these are the same model and if the grease filters for the 76 will fit my one. Advise please.

Frits C.

FeaturesHalogen LightsLED Lights
Dimensions 357 x 760 x 400 mm357 x 760 x 400 mm
Number of Fan Speeds44
Control TypeButtons / SwitchButtons / Switch
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)