Smeg CK2000

Smeg CK2000

CK2000-76 and CK2000SS

paid plenty

Brought a smeg range hood ck 2000 when building our new home paid plenty over $2000
very disppointed with the appliance 3 years later motor blow and computer chip gone over $800 to fix would expect more for SMEG and will be without for 2 weeks not sure to fix or replace they all say its a good range hood we got the dud.lucky us
this product
Poz

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Hi Poz. My name is Steve Cullen and I am the National Service and Spare Parts Manager for Smeg Australia. Can you please contact me direct via email: steve.cullen@smeg.com.au - I would also need your full address along with a contact telephone number. When I receive this information I will be in direct contact with you to discuss this matter further, regards Steve Cullen.Hi Steve I would like thank you for your prompt service And coming to fix my rangehood In the end it was not a fault of the appliance it was power outage which cause the problem my faith is back with Smeg appliance and there service dept. I have learnt my lesson to call a smeg authorised repairer as the other clown we used Quoted as over $800 to reset a switch he told us it need a motor and mother board be careful lucky we did not do it and smeg help As we would have been out of pocket 800 just before Xmas Some people will try take advantage of you Thanks smeg again unbelievable customer service Poz

Not working well

When we looked at CK2000 they demonstreated how it could hold up a hot plate. I'm not sure what the difference is between that and what we bought and that since with ours you are lucky to suck and hold a piece of paper. It sucks alright - but not in they way we would like.

Dear DJ, I am the National l Service Manager for Smeg and I would like to assist with this problem, could you please email me direct at steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your details and also what are all of the issues. Once I have this information I will be in a position to ascertain what to do to fix these problems. Regards, Steve CullenI sent you an email in February, it is now July, are you ever going to respond to my email I sent you?

Excellent Rangehood!

I am so pleased with my Smeg-ck2000 Rangehood! I had the ducting well sealed at the joins, and ducted into the ceiling. There are 4 speeds to suit what you are cooking. It only gets louder on three and four and its not that loud! I love the fact that this Rangehood is taking away all of the cooking steam and oils so that my kitchen stays clean! We chose this one because it was the most powerful. We were tired of the kitchen having the grime on shelving etc, and it is doing its job! I recommend this Rangehood to those who want a Rangehood that actually does its job!
Yes, this was a higher price, but equals its value! The old saying, "You get what you pay for"!

Not the greatest

I'm disappointed with this appliance - pricey - stats good on paper however all mine seems to do is make noise. We have it ducted externally and it's completely ineffective - The noise is unbearable. The house smells like the cooking and the outside where it's ducted to does not smell "foodie" at all. Disappointing - never again
looks good
Noise - House always smells like cooking

correction, it's the installation. not vented correctly, make sure you have it properly intalledso would you say it is working good now that it is vented properly?

My CK 2000 range hood is 5 years old. Recently it started to have problems: when it is switched on the motor will delay to start working, the time of delay is irregular. What should we do please?
Hi Rong ! You should contact us so we can assist you! Please email us direct with your full name address and contact telephone number we would love to be able to assist you- our email address is service@smeg.com.au please mark to the attention of Lesley kind regards Smeg Australia

We moved into our house only a month ago and my Smeg Rangehood constantly drips oil over my Smeg Cooktop. It started to happen after about the 3rd cook and has been a constant issue which is hugely disappointing. I have no idea where the oil is coming from.
Dear Des Hudson, Your grease filters require cleaning. The grease filters can be washed in the dishwasher, preferably by themselves. Also clean any residue around the motor housing unit with warm soapy water. We recommend cleaning the grease filters monthly to prevent this from happening. Hope this helps Regards SmegThanks for the feedback guys but I have washed the filters numerous times already, both in the dishwasher and also by hand and while the filters appear to be clean, there is extra excess oil / grease coming from within the unit. As mentioned, the appliance is one month old and I wouldn’t have thought there should be a build up of grease / oil to this extent. Happy to hear your advice.

Smeg classic 791 is 2.5 years old and the LED lights stopped working. Both of them (they are connected in series). Is this a fault with the lights - I would expect them to last longer.
Dear Dan J, Sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing with your rangehood. Could you please email our National Service Manager, steve.cullen@smeg.com.au with your telephone contact details, address and the problems you are experiencing with your appliance. Once he has this information, he can ascertain how to best rectify the problem. Regards Smeg

Smeg CK2000-76Smeg CK2000SS