Smeg DWIFAB

4.4

William S
    William SAdelaide

Function & Form

Of all the products in the Smeg retro range, the dishwasher is by far the most impressive, it ticks all of the boxes......Super Quiet, efficient, innovative dish draws, easy to clean, and hands down the best looking washer on the market......The wash quality is as good as I have seen....A genuine Miele killer.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
    clive1933

Esthetic super quiet dish washer

We installed the Victoria range of SMEG appliances in our new kitchen which was completed in November 2016. We have been completely happy with the beautiful look of this range and their functionality. The washing machine is used once every five days as there are only two of us in the home. It is easy to programme the setting needed and once started it silently and efficiently washes the crockery and the dishes. We are extremely satisfied with how well the machine cleans the baking dishes - removing all the heavy baked on remaining food. Highly recommended

Date PurchasedSept 2016
    grossignolSydney, NSW

Is it on? Yes ,Yes it is .

We have been using this now for 3 months ,(we did a 50s style kitchen reno )as well as other appliances in this range and we could not be happier . I will start this review the same way I have started as the others it is very pretty . It is wonderfully quiet we have a 10 month old so that is important to us ,Cleans the dishes and glass better than we do by hand ,stainless pots come out like, wow ! I have never been a dishwasher man but I am now .Can not comment on longevity yet but will keep you updated ,I hope this helps you

Date PurchasedDec 2016
    grossignol

Update,still great, use it most days only don’t use it if we don’t have enough to fill it , very quiet, converts to the dishwasher

Built-in Dishwashers

Find out how Smeg DWIFAB compares to other Built-in Dishwashers

mocha
    mochaPerth, WA

Thrilled every time I use it!

We've had this little beauty for just over a year now and while expensive, it is a joy.
    Looks beautiful, is extremely quiet, has plenty of wash cycles to choose from.
    It doesn't dry the best on the cycle I like but that's been the same with an LG and Bosch that we've had before, so doesn't bother me.
    I just love using it, the sound of the door closing and the hidden buttons are very cool.
    Sure you can get just as good cheaper but this has the style I wanted and I just love it!!

Date PurchasedJune 2015
    ninaSydney, NSW

$2500 lasted 3 years ?

Paid $2500 for this dishwasher and after 3 years it stopped . A technition charged $150 to come to our house and said it is the main power board and will cost at least $600 to fix . We used over$10000 worth of SMEG appliances for our new kitchen and now we are a worried . Not happy.

nina

I would like to thank Steve from SMEG who contacted me and helped us with this issue . Great product and great service.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
    the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
    best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Jenny Dollinasked
    DWIFAB

I’m very seriously thinking of getting this dishwasher. I read choice and it says that it wasn’t good at drying. Does the door pop open to help dry the dishes? Choice said it didn’t but the salesman said it did? Also what are the racks made of? Thanks.

grossignol

It is a very good dishwasher, no drying is not it’s best point , some programs are better than others at it , yes the door will stay open . It looks great if you are after the look to match your kitchen get it ,if you don’t care about the look and drying is important the newer Smegs are good , Choice know there stuff and are independent, sales people are not independent ,it is a good machine.

Hi Jenny,
    We have had our Smeg DWIFAB for over 2 years. It works as it should. The dishes and plates dry without the door opening. We are completely happy with this dishwasher. The salesman, like so many other sales people who do not really know everything about the products they sell, does not know. The trays are stainless steel and the cutlery basket and glass and cup racks are plastic.

Jenny Dollin

Thanks for your answer. They look so lovely. I’m glad they actually perform well.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Smeg DWIFAB

Smeg Red (DWIFABR)
    • Discontinued

Smeg Red (DWIFABR)

No reviews yet
    CategoryBuilt-in DishwashersBuilt-in DishwashersBuilt-in DishwashersBuilt-in Dishwashers
    Price (RRP) $2,850.00$2,850.00$2,850.00
    FeaturesCutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash and Half-Load OptionCutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash and Half-Load OptionCutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash and Half-Load OptionCutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash and Half-Load Option
    Number of Place Settings 14141414
    Water Rating4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
    Water Consumption12.6 L/wash12.6 L/wash12.6 L/wash12.6 L/wash
    Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
    Control Panel Position TopTopTopTop
    Maximum Noise Level43 db43 db43 db43 db
    Number of Programs10101010
    Dimensions 818 x 598 x 630 mm818 x 598 x 630 mm818 x 598 x 630 mm818 x 598 x 630 mm
    Height Adjustment 50 mm50 mm50 mm50 mm
    Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
    Colour / FinishCreamRedBlackRed
    Replaced bySmeg Red (DWIFABR-1)
    Compare all 6 Smeg DWIFAB