Smeg KLF03

3.9

BrianRobyn

BrianRobynWheatbelt, WA

great product back up

I have been reading these reviews and we have a Smeg kettle giving us a few problems, it is about two years old, so I wrote to Smeg today, and within an hour the problem is resolved, they are sending us a new kettle, really wonderful product backup, was not expecting it to be so easy, so have no negative things to report, they may be expensive but you get what you pay for

Greg W.

Greg W.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Leaks Water And Switch Knob Comes Off

This was my wife dream kettle to have. so last Christmas she received one as a gift.
now it has sprung a leak and the knob comes off. For what they cost THIS should not happen. Smeg is rubbish. Kmart jug would be better. Not happy with our smeg toaster too! it pops our toast onto the floor:(

Purchased in December 2019 at David Jones Online Store for A$199.00.

Pablito

PablitoSydney

Beautiful Smeg chrome kettle and toaster duo pack (Winning Appliances part: KLF03SSAUTSF01SSAU)

Purchased in August 2020 at Winning Appliances for A$377.00.

Audrey C.

Audrey C.Gippsland, VIC

Discolouration inside the Kettle

I purchased my kettle from Peters of Kensington just under $200.00 in June 2020, everything was working quite well except that it was occasionally difficult to open the lid. It boils quickly, taste of the water was ok. Then this week I looked inside the kettle, the base has discoloured it looks like rust. I only boil the kettle about 4 times a day, never lower than the minimum level. I was surprised needless to say. It was a considered purchase as it was pricey. I purchased the pink one to match my Pink Smeg Toaster.It is a smart looking Kettle.

Purchased in June 2020 at Peter's of Kensington Online store.

PaulThe Mallee, VIC

Very Impressive Looking Electric Kettle but Lot's of Plastic!!

Purchased in August 2020 at Peter's of Kensington Online store for A$194.00.

Christine Rashford

Christine RashfordSydney Surrounds, NSW

Love my Smeg Kettle and Toaster

I love my smeg kettle and toaster but unfortunately last night the kettle tripped our power and would not boil despite light still being on when switch down.
A quick email to the service department this morning resulted in a prompt reply and a replacement kettle is on its way .
Well done SMEG
Excellent customer service

Purchased in August 2017.

Bjondina

BjondinaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

amazing

I bought this kettle recently as the other one I had made too much noise , love the smeg products they are of quality and worth the price elegant looking appliances .

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for A$300.00.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Bjondina - Thank you for your lovely review, we think our small appliances are just gorgeous as well and appreciate you taking time out to submit this review, take care and stay safe there in Melbourne! Kind regards Smeg Australia

Janine

JanineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Looks fabulous but performs poorly

I will start off by saying that I absolutely love the form and colour of my new pink Smeg kettle. However, from the beginning, the lid is difficult to open, often getting stuck. However, what concerns me more is the popping sound the kettle makes after the switch is pressed down to begin boiling. My kettle is only a few weeks old.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$199.00.

Steve C.Smeg
Mortishia

MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Sleek

Purchased in July 2020 at Myer for A$199.00.

priya b.

priya b.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Really sad that it leaks from bottom.

I was very happy to receive this kettle from my friends as a house warming present. But it has started leaking from the bottom. My friends did not keep receipt and unfortunately, I cannot even claim warranty. Can anyone please suggest how I can fix this issue?

Steve C.Smeg

Stylish and Great quality

This is a wonderful electric kettle of Smeg. Very functional and I love the style! Does a great job, when makes an awesome cup of tea and boil water, water and tea comes out smoothly even at the highest setting. If you like a decorative stuff as well as multi-purpose gadget at your kitchen area, it must a good choice.

Purchased in September 2019.

Great until it broke

Loved my kettle! Pretty! Heated quickly- purchased in late 2018. But it stopped working in February 2020, so barely a year old. Looked at it and there is a plastic piece that is broken at the connection on the kettle. One year warranty is not enough to cover the cost of this kettle.

Purchased in November 2018.

Rodney M.Smeg
Taunya
Taunya

I am in Canada! sorry about my mistake. Is there a contact here that I can email and see if my kettle can be fixed?

Chris

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expected something a lot better

A lot of money to boil water. It looks great. And that's when the designers packed up and went home. At $200 I expected quiet operation. It's not loud but no different than my previous $60 kettle. When your pouring the boiled water, steam comes back on your hand and it's not comfortable. Wouldn't that be the number one design no no? The water level indicator is on the back of the kettle in line with the handle so when your filling it, and holding that handle, it's not easy to see what level you're at. It looks good though.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$195.00.

Sarah M

Sarah MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lovely to look at but very heavy!

Lovely, simple & functional. The only downside is the weight, even completely empty it’s very heavy! Lifting it full actually requires 2 hands, the few people who have lifted it recently at my place have said the same. I just don’t understand why it’s sooooo heavy hahaha

Purchased at Myer for A$175.00.

Trav

TravCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very stylish

Very stylish...and expensive Brought this kettle 5 months ago because of the name and love the look of this kettle, and the Chrome on the kettle has tarnish and leaks water on the base from the bottom of the spout. The base gets quite warm. Takes a few minutes to boil. Handle not hot to touch once boiled. Paid $189 for this kettle that looks great.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for A$189.00.

Katerina71

Katerina71Sydney

Perfect kettle with just 1 design flaw

Purchased in January 2020 at Peter's of Kensington for A$199.00.

Rosa

RosaSydney, NSW

Very Stylish Kettle

I bought the pastel blue SMEG kettle and I am very happy with my purchase. It is great quality and looks lux in my kitchen. It is on the more expensive side for a kettle but you can tell it’s made well.

Purchased in May 2020 at Appliances Online.

GrimReaper555

GrimReaper555South East Queensland, QLD

Simple and classy

Very simple to use and very stylish I personally love the brand name and pastel colours but there is not much else to say. It heats water pretty quickly and has a little filter at the top so random particles don’t get into the kettle. The water tastes fine as I use bottled water anyway.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$200.00.

Alexander Hallam

Alexander HallamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fast and quiet, also looks great.

This kettle looks like a 1950s rocket... The switch lights up, (which is good because I didn't know the thing was on at first). Although quiet, the sound builds, the opposite to my last kettle that 'sounded' like a rocket, rather than just looking like one!
Just over 2 minutes to boil.
Clear water level.
Quiet.
The sort of kettle you would repair rather than replace.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$220.00.

fangarang

fangarang

Great kettle

We have several Smeg products and are Smeg heads. This is an expensive kettle by comparison but all the others on the market had such terrible reviews we thought “well if something goes wrong at least Smeg have great customer service “. It heats up reasonably quickly. It’s not the quietest but not unbearably loud. The opening is wide for easy filling. The kettle retains heat from boiling to pouring. The spout doesn’t drip. The only negative is that the water level fills up with condensation from first use making it near impossible to see how much water is left in the kettle.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$209.00.

Cathy. G

Cathy. Gasked

KLF03

Hi I have noticed recently that my kettle is leaking from the bottom of my Kettle. Is this a fault with this model? Thank you.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Cathy.G - Thank you for your question. Can you please email us direct with your full name, address and contact telephone number along with a photo of your appliance and the base that shows the serial number on it. Our email address is diamondservice@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Sue Y.

Sue Y.asked

KLF03

I bought a smeg kettle couple months ago has anyone else had trouble with lid opening ?Push it and push it to open sometimes .

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Sue Y - Thank you for reaching out in regards to your kettle and the problem you are having with the lid. Can you kindly email us with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. Can you also include a picture of the kettle and the base of the kettle that shows the serial number on it. Once we have this information we will be in direct contact with you to discuss this matter. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind regards, Smeg Australia.

Penny D

Penny Dasked

KLF03

I have just bought a retro-style SMEG electric kettle. Is it normal for the water level indicator to be full of condensation making the whole indicator panel full of bubbles and hard to see water level clearly?

Tweedledee
Tweedledee

No... I've not had that problem.

Daniella A.
Daniella A.

I have this problem too

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives