Smeg KLF03

Pros

• Quiet

• Looks stylish

• Boils water quickly

Cons

• Premium price

• Heavy (1.3kg)

• Lid top system is difficult to open

Tracey F.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Too dangerous

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys.

Steve C.Smeg
Tracey F.

Hi Steve C. As stated I have contacted you,you promised me a replacement kettle due end of January. I haven't received it. I am hoping I can get a refund on both Smeg appliances.

Marg

Marg

Disappointing for Smeg

I have owned a Smeg Chrome Kettle for 2 years, it still looks immaculate but leaks from the bottom of the water filling window. I mopped up for a year or so but it has now become unsafe and trips off all my power. I love Smeg products but this experience will prevent me from trusting the integrity of the brand again

Purchased at David Jones Retail Stores for $220.00.

JoHunter Region, NSW

Enamel starting to Bubble KLF03WHAU

I received my Smeg White kettle for Christmas 2019. So it is just 12 months old. But about 2 months ago I noticed the enamel had a rather large bubble. It seems to go down when the kettle is cool, but then becomes quite large and very noticeable while the kettle is heating up.
I’m very disappointed as these electrical items are not a cheap option to purchase and I would have thought the quality would be better?
Apart from this the kettle itself is great, very stylish and suits my kitchen, as I have all Smeg appliances.
Jo

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $260.00.

burnt hand

burnt handSouth East Queensland, QLD

Over clever design and pricey

My wife bought this kettle mainly because it looked good, even though it’s over priced. Some clever designer decided that you can’t open the Smeg kettle if it is still hot, therefore if there’s not enough water to boil up enough for another round, you have to empty the kettle or wait until it cools down. Another example of an over zealous safety conscious society.

Purchased in December 2020 for $199.00.

Brooke O.

Brooke O.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Smeg kettle making popping/cracking sound and toaster malfunctioning at times :(

I purchased both kettle and 4 toaster from Peters of Kensington in 2020, absolutely love both they are a real centre piece in my kitchen but disappointed in a couple of things.
Kettle- after the water has boiled makes cracking/popping noises which is very worrying as I've never heard that come from a kettle.
Toaster- randomly one side will not stay down to cook toast, I left for a week or so and tried again then it worked. I used it popped it up to check toast and tried to put down again and didn't work and has not worked since.

Purchased in August 2020 at Peter's of Kensington Online store for $473.00.

Rodney M.Smeg

Dear Brooke O.,
Could you please email diamondservice@smeg.com.au with your name, address and contact number? Once they have this information, they will be in direct contact with you.
Regards

Fiona

Fiona

Smeg Kettle - Service Centre to the Rescue

I love my Smeg kettle as it looks terrific in the kitchen and is very quiet when it boils. I also like the way there is no calcium build up on around the lid and the paint is as pristine as the day we bought it. Last night it stopped working. I was really disappointed. I emailed the company to ask if there would be anyway they would honour the 2 year warranty as it had just gone past this date. My reply came through first thing this morning and they have happily replaced the item. The email was sent at 8pm, the reply came through at 8.06am. You can’t get better service than that. What a great company!

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $189.00.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Fiona- Thank you for your review and giving us an opportunity to assist you with your feedback and make things right! I will forward your feedback to our Diamond Service Team - this will make their Day ! Kind regards Lesley from Smeg Australia

sukobi

sukobiSouth East Queensland, QLD

I was dazzled by its looks

Purchased in December 2019 for $195.00.

Sab Cliff

Sab CliffSydney, NSW

Very disappointed.

I love Smeg (have a Stove etc) however this was a disaster, it leaks, the lid broke within a couple of uses and there is a build up near the water reader. It is also very difficult to clean. Very saddened and it will definitely make me think twice about buying another Smeg appliance (like the fridge I had my eye on)

Purchased in April 2019 at David Jones.

Rodney M.Smeg
Amy

AmyHunter Region, NSW

I love the aesthetic of this kettle, but one slight problem

So our whole kitchen is comprised of smeg appliances; kettle, toaster, blender, microwave etc.
We are onto our second kettle after having the first kettle replaced by Smeg and are now having the exact same issue with the second kettle. The water indicators on the side of the kettle have worn off, I don't know what is causing this weather it is the heat of the boiling kettle or just poor graphic printing on SMEG's behalf.
Please fix this issue SMEG, surely I am not the first to have this happen.

Purchased in September 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for $168.00.

Lyn

LynHobart, TAS

Poor design and manufacture

Purchased kettle about 2 years ago the pop up lid started to play up about 6 months ago and has now broken altogether. We thought we were getting a quality product at that price but in reality the materials used in the lid mechanism were not of the standard required.
Lyn

Kat

KatPerth, WA

Pretty to look at but not so functional

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for $199.00.

Efficient but a few design flaws

I bought this because my previous ‘quiet’ kettle was far too noisy. It is substantially quieter and fast too. However, the handle is far less comfortable than my previous kettle and the lid never opens first time. I don’t think it’s faulty, just a bad design which is disappointing given the price.

Purchased in October 2020.

Cathy. GGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Leaking at Base and calicum build up at water indicator.

I brought this kettle and was happy for awhile but now leaks at the bottom and the water level indicator on the outside has a rough like calicum build up around the edge.I have tried removing that several times to no avail.

Cathy. G

Thank you very much Alison from Smeg,you where very helpful and super quick to get in touch with me about my concerns with my Black Smeg Kettle. The company replaced the Kettle.The new one is lovely. Many thanks Cathy.

Jenny B

Jenny BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stylish kettle

I love this kettle. It looks stylish and does the job very well and quietly. It's probably overpriced for a kettle but hey, it looks good in my wee apartment.

Purchased in October 2020 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for $200.00.

Maryellen

MaryellenGippsland, VIC

Kettle Replacement

I want to thank Smug for their quick and efficient response to replacement of my kettle. I do appreciate this service and the support I received.
I had been very disappointed in the initial kettles leakage problems and explained this through Product Review. A timely response by Smeg was appreciated and a replacement sent out quickly.

Purchased at David Jones Retail Stores for $189.00.

Neli

NeliGippsland, VIC

The first Smeg appliance and possibly the last :(

Purchased in September 2020 for $210.00.

BrianRobyn

BrianRobynWheatbelt, WA

great product back up

I have been reading these reviews and we have a Smeg kettle giving us a few problems, it is about two years old, so I wrote to Smeg today, and within an hour the problem is resolved, they are sending us a new kettle, really wonderful product backup, was not expecting it to be so easy, so have no negative things to report, they may be expensive but you get what you pay for

Greg W.

Greg W.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Leaks Water And Switch Knob Comes Off

This was my wife dream kettle to have. so last Christmas she received one as a gift.
now it has sprung a leak and the knob comes off. For what they cost THIS should not happen. Smeg is rubbish. Kmart jug would be better. Not happy with our smeg toaster too! it pops our toast onto the floor:(

Purchased in December 2019 at David Jones Online Store for $199.00.

Pablito

PablitoSydney

Beautiful Smeg chrome kettle and toaster duo pack (Winning Appliances part: KLF03SSAUTSF01SSAU)

Purchased in August 2020 at Winning Appliances for $377.00.

Audrey C.

Audrey C.Gippsland, VIC

Discolouration inside the Kettle

I purchased my kettle from Peters of Kensington just under $200.00 in June 2020, everything was working quite well except that it was occasionally difficult to open the lid. It boils quickly, taste of the water was ok. Then this week I looked inside the kettle, the base has discoloured it looks like rust. I only boil the kettle about 4 times a day, never lower than the minimum level. I was surprised needless to say. It was a considered purchase as it was pricey. I purchased the pink one to match my Pink Smeg Toaster.It is a smart looking Kettle.

Purchased in June 2020 at Peter's of Kensington Online store.

Sammyasked

Hello,
I’ve purchased a smeg kettle and have used it for the first time today. Is it supposed to get so hot around the outside of the kettle? I’ve never had a kettle that gets so hot around the outside after boil. I accidentally touched the outside when pouring the water and have burnt myself. It’s very hot and quite dangerous, so I’m not sure if it is supposed to be this way?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Sammy. Thank you for your feedback. In order for us to assist you can you kindly email us direct with your full name, address and a contact telephone number, once we have this information, we will be able to investigate this matter and discuss with you direct. Can you also include a photograph of the kettle and the base showing the serial number on it. Our email address is diamondservice@smeg.com.au - Regards, Smeg Australia.

Sammy

Hello, I have emailed and still haven’t received a response. I contacted you on the 6th of January.

Cathy. Gasked

KLF03

Hi I have noticed recently that my kettle is leaking from the bottom of my Kettle. Is this a fault with this model? Thank you.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Cathy.G - Thank you for your question. Can you please email us direct with your full name, address and contact telephone number along with a photo of your appliance and the base that shows the serial number on it. Our email address is diamondservice@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Sue Y.

Sue Y.asked

KLF03

I bought a smeg kettle couple months ago has anyone else had trouble with lid opening ?Push it and push it to open sometimes .

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Sue Y - Thank you for reaching out in regards to your kettle and the problem you are having with the lid. Can you kindly email us with your full name, address and a contact telephone number. Can you also include a picture of the kettle and the base of the kettle that shows the serial number on it. Once we have this information we will be in direct contact with you to discuss this matter. Our email address is service@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind regards, Smeg Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Features

This is a sleek 50s style collection of electric kettles from Smeg with a 1.7L capacity and a 39" power cable that comes in an array of colourful finishes. It has many more features including:

• Stainless steel body which is safe and non-leaching
  • 2,400 watt heating element to heat water quickly
  • Water level indicator to see when to refill
  • Soft opening lid for safety
  • Removable limescale filter for easy cleaning
  • Auto switch off after boiling for safety
  • Built-in cord wrap for a neat appearance
  • Anti slip feet to prevent spills
  • 360° swivel base for convenience

Reviewers thought:

The product has a very classy look and is quick and quiet when boiling water. It is robust and the paintwork does not tend to scratch off with time.

The spring-loaded lid doesn’t function as smoothly as hoped. People have noted that the product is quite heavy (1.3kg) and even more so when filled with 1.7L of water. People also had some problems with the product leaking water.

Compare all 8 Smeg KLF03
CategoryElectric KettlesElectric KettlesElectric KettlesElectric Kettles
Price (RRP) $209.00$209.00$209.00$209.00
Capacity1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L
Features360° Swivel Base and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base and Water Gauge
Variable Temperatures NoNoNoNo
Construction MaterialPlastic and Stainless SteelPlastic and Stainless SteelPlastic and Stainless SteelPlastic and Stainless Steel
Colour / FinishPastel BlueWhiteChromeCream
Cord Length1 m1 m1 m1 m
Weight1.6 kg1.6 kg1.6 kg1.6 kg
Power2,400 W2,400 W2,400 W2,400 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 8 Smeg KLF03