Smeg KLF03
Listing monitored by Smeg

Pros

• Quiet

• Looks stylish

• Boils water quickly

Cons

• Premium price

• Heavy (1.3kg)

• Lid top system is difficult to open

David B.
David B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good customer service

I had a problem with our Smeg kettle the on button was constantly turning itself off... the kettle is approx 15 mths old.
Customer service has agreed to replace it.
I cannot fault their customer service.Many thanks Leslie

Purchased in March 2020 at Myer for $200.00.

Carolyn
CarolynGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don’t purchase

Purchased 50’s retro kettle Nov 2020.May 2021 the letter E fell of the kettle.Emailed SMEG they told me it would be replaced.Yesterday the letter S falls of.Poor quality don’t buy.

Purchased in November 2020 for $200.00.

Appalling product, now leaking everywhere!

Colin
ColinSydney, NSW

Smeg kettle leaking

We purchased the cream kettle and toaster. They both look great and the toaster works fine.
In the last month we have discovered major leaking from the base of the kettle.
It seems that there is a fault in this design as several other reviews state the same thing.
We are severely disappointed and have gone back to our Breville kettle which is still going strong after 11 years!
We are also doing a major kitchen upgrade and were looking at the Smeg Portofino stove and range hood, reflecting on the quality of the kettle and the price paid, we're reluctant to commit to any other Smeg purchases.

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for $190.00.

Smeg kettle leaking

We love our smeg kettle but have just noticed it is leaking from the window and the paint and chrome is starting to bubble.
It has us thinking twice about purchasing other smeg products considering the price.

Lesley R.Smeg

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Fe C
Fe C Perth, WA

Replacement

Hi Lesley,
Four weeks ago I wrote a review regarding my kettle bubbling paint. As you have promised I got my replacement today.I really appreciate your quick response.
Thank you & to your team .
Fe

Steve C.Smeg
Tracey F.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Too dangerous

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys.

Steve C.Smeg
Tracey F.

Hi Steve C. As stated I have contacted you,you promised me a replacement kettle due end of January. I haven't received it. I am hoping I can get a refund on both Smeg appliances.

Disappointing for Smeg

I have owned a Smeg Chrome Kettle for 2 years, it still looks immaculate but leaks from the bottom of the water filling window. I mopped up for a year or so but it has now become unsafe and trips off all my power. I love Smeg products but this experience will prevent me from trusting the integrity of the brand again

Purchased at David Jones Retail Stores for $220.00.

Marg

Smeg has very kindly offered to replace my kettle which was very generous considering it was out of warranty. The kettle is on backorder apparently.

Marg

They now require all information again!
I can’t be bothered.
The ‘goodwill’ was rather insincere

JoHunter Region, NSW

Enamel starting to Bubble KLF03WHAU

I received my Smeg White kettle for Christmas 2019. So it is just 12 months old. But about 2 months ago I noticed the enamel had a rather large bubble. It seems to go down when the kettle is cool, but then becomes quite large and very noticeable while the kettle is heating up.
I’m very disappointed as these electrical items are not a cheap option to purchase and I would have thought the quality would be better?
Apart from this the kettle itself is great, very stylish and suits my kitchen, as I have all Smeg appliances.
Jo

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $260.00.

burnt hand
burnt handSouth East Queensland, QLD

Over clever design and pricey

My wife bought this kettle mainly because it looked good, even though it’s over priced. Some clever designer decided that you can’t open the Smeg kettle if it is still hot, therefore if there’s not enough water to boil up enough for another round, you have to empty the kettle or wait until it cools down. Another example of an over zealous safety conscious society.

Purchased in December 2020 for $199.00.

Brooke O.
Brooke O.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Smeg kettle making popping/cracking sound and toaster malfunctioning at times :(

I purchased both kettle and 4 toaster from Peters of Kensington in 2020, absolutely love both they are a real centre piece in my kitchen but disappointed in a couple of things.
Kettle- after the water has boiled makes cracking/popping noises which is very worrying as I've never heard that come from a kettle.
Toaster- randomly one side will not stay down to cook toast, I left for a week or so and tried again then it worked. I used it popped it up to check toast and tried to put down again and didn't work and has not worked since.

Purchased in August 2020 at Peter's of Kensington Online store for $473.00.

Dear Brooke O.,
Regards

Fiona
Fiona

Smeg Kettle - Service Centre to the Rescue

I love my Smeg kettle as it looks terrific in the kitchen and is very quiet when it boils. I also like the way there is no calcium build up on around the lid and the paint is as pristine as the day we bought it. Last night it stopped working. I was really disappointed. I emailed the company to ask if there would be anyway they would honour the 2 year warranty as it had just gone past this date. My reply came through first thing this morning and they have happily replaced the item. The email was sent at 8pm, the reply came through at 8.06am. You can’t get better service than that. What a great company!

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $189.00.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Fiona- Thank you for your review and giving us an opportunity to assist you with your feedback and make things right! I will forward your feedback to our Diamond Service Team - this will make their Day ! Kind regards Lesley from Smeg Australia

sukobi
sukobiSouth East Queensland, QLD

I was dazzled by its looks

Purchased in December 2019 for $195.00.

Sab Cliff
Sab CliffSydney, NSW

Very disappointed.

I love Smeg (have a Stove etc) however this was a disaster, it leaks, the lid broke within a couple of uses and there is a build up near the water reader. It is also very difficult to clean. Very saddened and it will definitely make me think twice about buying another Smeg appliance (like the fridge I had my eye on)

Purchased in April 2019 at David Jones.

Amy
AmyHunter Region, NSW

I love the aesthetic of this kettle, but one slight problem

So our whole kitchen is comprised of smeg appliances; kettle, toaster, blender, microwave etc.
We are onto our second kettle after having the first kettle replaced by Smeg and are now having the exact same issue with the second kettle. The water indicators on the side of the kettle have worn off, I don't know what is causing this weather it is the heat of the boiling kettle or just poor graphic printing on SMEG's behalf.
Please fix this issue SMEG, surely I am not the first to have this happen.

Purchased in September 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for $168.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Theresa asked
KLF03

Hi there. I purchased a smeg pink toaster and kettle from Myers carindale for my new kitchen. They are approx 4-5 years old. The toaster is still bright pink but the kettle has faded and looks terrible. Is this supposed to happen from constant heat? I’d love a new one but not if it fades so quickly. Has this happened to others? Or just this colour

Hi Theresa,
Thanks for your enquiry. Could you please email diamondservice@smeg.com.au with your name, address and contact number? Once they have this information, they will be in direct contact with you.
Regards

Thankyou

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Theresa. I believe you have emailed our Diamond Team and we have emailed you back with a reply. Kind regards, Smeg Australia.

Sammyasked

Hello,
I’ve purchased a smeg kettle and have used it for the first time today. Is it supposed to get so hot around the outside of the kettle? I’ve never had a kettle that gets so hot around the outside after boil. I accidentally touched the outside when pouring the water and have burnt myself. It’s very hot and quite dangerous, so I’m not sure if it is supposed to be this way?

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Sammy. Thank you for your feedback. In order for us to assist you can you kindly email us direct with your full name, address and a contact telephone number, once we have this information, we will be able to investigate this matter and discuss with you direct. Can you also include a photograph of the kettle and the base showing the serial number on it. Our email address is diamondservice@smeg.com.au - Regards, Smeg Australia.

Sammy

Hello, I have emailed and still haven’t received a response. I contacted you on the 6th of January.

Cathy. G
Cathy. Gasked
KLF03

Hi I have noticed recently that my kettle is leaking from the bottom of my Kettle. Is this a fault with this model? Thank you.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Cathy.G - Thank you for your question. Can you please email us direct with your full name, address and contact telephone number along with a photo of your appliance and the base that shows the serial number on it. Our email address is diamondservice@smeg.com.au and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Smeg representatives

Smeg KLF03

Features

This is a sleek 50s style collection of electric kettles from Smeg with a 1.7L capacity and a 39" power cable that comes in an array of colourful finishes. It has many more features including:

• Stainless steel body which is safe and non-leaching
  • 2,400 watt heating element to heat water quickly
  • Water level indicator to see when to refill
  • Soft opening lid for safety
  • Removable limescale filter for easy cleaning
  • Auto switch off after boiling for safety
  • Built-in cord wrap for a neat appearance
  • Anti slip feet to prevent spills
  • 360° swivel base for convenience

Reviewers thought:

The product has a very classy look and is quick and quiet when boiling water. It is robust and the paintwork does not tend to scratch off with time.

The spring-loaded lid doesn’t function as smoothly as hoped. People have noted that the product is quite heavy (1.3kg) and even more so when filled with 1.7L of water. People also had some problems with the product leaking water.

Compare all 8 Smeg KLF03
CategoryElectric KettlesElectric KettlesElectric KettlesElectric Kettles
Price (RRP) $209.00$209.00$209.00$209.00
Features360° Swivel Base and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base and Water Gauge
Capacity1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L
Variable Temperatures NoNoNoNo
Cord Length1 m1 m1 m1 m
Weight1.6 kg1.6 kg1.6 kg1.6 kg
Power2,400 W2,400 W2,400 W2,400 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishPastel BlueWhiteChromeCream
Construction MaterialPlastic and Stainless SteelPlastic and Stainless SteelPlastic and Stainless SteelPlastic and Stainless Steel
Compare all 8 Smeg KLF03