Smeg KLF03

4.1

Chris

ChrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expected something a lot better

A lot of money to boil water. It looks great. And that's when the designers packed up and went home. At $200 I expected quiet operation. It's not loud but no different than my previous $60 kettle. When your pouring the boiled water, steam comes back on your hand and it's not comfortable. Wouldn't that be the number one design no no? The water level indicator is on the back of the kettle in line with the handle so when your filling it, and holding that handle, it's not easy to see what level you're at. It looks good though.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$195.00.

Sarah M

Sarah MGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lovely to look at but very heavy!

Lovely, simple & functional. The only downside is the weight, even completely empty it’s very heavy! Lifting it full actually requires 2 hands, the few people who have lifted it recently at my place have said the same. I just don’t understand why it’s sooooo heavy hahaha

Purchased at Myer for A$175.00.

Trav

TravCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very stylish

Very stylish...and expensive Brought this kettle 5 months ago because of the name and love the look of this kettle, and the Chrome on the kettle has tarnish and leaks water on the base from the bottom of the spout. The base gets quite warm. Takes a few minutes to boil. Handle not hot to touch once boiled. Paid $189 for this kettle that looks great.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for A$189.00.

Katerina71

Katerina71Sydney

Perfect kettle with just 1 design flaw

Purchased in January 2020 at Peter's of Kensington for A$199.00.

Rosa

RosaSydney, NSW

Very Stylish Kettle

I bought the pastel blue SMEG kettle and I am very happy with my purchase. It is great quality and looks lux in my kitchen. It is on the more expensive side for a kettle but you can tell it’s made well.

Purchased in May 2020 at Appliances Online.

GrimReaper555

GrimReaper555South East Queensland, QLD

Simple and classy

Very simple to use and very stylish I personally love the brand name and pastel colours but there is not much else to say. It heats water pretty quickly and has a little filter at the top so random particles don’t get into the kettle. The water tastes fine as I use bottled water anyway.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$200.00.

Alexander Hallam

Alexander HallamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fast and quiet, also looks great.

This kettle looks like a 1950s rocket... The switch lights up, (which is good because I didn't know the thing was on at first). Although quiet, the sound builds, the opposite to my last kettle that 'sounded' like a rocket, rather than just looking like one!
Just over 2 minutes to boil.
Clear water level.
Quiet.
The sort of kettle you would repair rather than replace.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$220.00.

fangarang

fangarang

Great kettle

We have several Smeg products and are Smeg heads. This is an expensive kettle by comparison but all the others on the market had such terrible reviews we thought “well if something goes wrong at least Smeg have great customer service “. It heats up reasonably quickly. It’s not the quietest but not unbearably loud. The opening is wide for easy filling. The kettle retains heat from boiling to pouring. The spout doesn’t drip. The only negative is that the water level fills up with condensation from first use making it near impossible to see how much water is left in the kettle.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$209.00.

Elizabeth

ElizabethSydney, NSW

Great product but noisy and heavy

Love this kettle. It looks great and does as designed. The only issue I have found is that it is very heavy. Much heavier than my old breville kettle. Wouldn’t recommend to anyone with weak wrists. it’s also a bit louder than our previous kettle but not that big a deal.
In general happy with the kettles performance.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Yuvraaj

YuvraajSydney, NSW

Kettle is not made of a high quality. Laminate has bubbled up!

The kettle isn’t too bad to use but within a few months we noticed that the laminate on the kettle began to form a bubble. It looks really ugly and to be honest from a good brand like smeg, we didn’t expect it to happen.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$190.00.

Steve C.Smeg
KKK

KKKSouth East Queensland, QLD

Something not right

I recently noticed there is a layer of black substance all over Inside of the kettle, like ink that can be easily wiped off. Could anyone please tell me what it might be?

Purchased in October 2019 at David Jones for A$200.00.

Harriet Maree

Harriet Maree

My favourite kitchen appliance

I get so many comments on this beautiful kettle that I bought the toaster too. Happy I paid the extra for the SMEG brand, and hope to keep adding to my range.

Geoff

GeoffSydney, NSW

Leaking Base

This is second Smeg Kettle with same leaking problem. Took first one back to Harvey Norman where purchased they replaced it no worries. Took back again today 11/3/20 and Harvey Norman replaced under Warranty again. Unhappy this keeps happening. Three times proves it.

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$175.00.

Rodney M.Smeg
Jenny

JennyIllawarra, NSW

Have loved everything about this kettle

Purchased a kettle in October 2018 and have loved everything about it. Unfortunately, however, it has been leaking for a few weeks.
Within hours of posting my review I received an email from the national manager of SMEG requesting a few details. The following day I was then phoned by a lovely administrative assistant to confirm my contact details and had a replacement kettle on my doorstep three days later. I am extremely happy with this outcome. Such great service and customer care. Thank you to all involved.

Purchased in October 2018 at Domayne NSW for A$176.00.

BecR

BecRSydney, NSW

Great kettle for a while but has started leaking

Loved this kettle when we bought it, but it has started leaking from the bottom after only a few years of use. Doesn’t seem to compare at all in quality to the Breville we had previously which was still going strong after 7 or 8 years. Disappointing for the price.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Smeg KLF04BLAU

My black Smeg kettle cannot keep on before the water be boiled. The light on about 1 minute and back into the off. Is something wrong? what can we do??

les m.

les m.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

a really great purchase

I was really sold on the classy style of the kettle and the classic black, I just knew it would be a great purchase. it functions very well and is well made which is especially handy for me considering I'm a bit clumsy at times and very prone to knocking over stuff.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Les M - Grazie for your 5 stars ! We think our black kettles are absolutley gorgeous as well! Kind Regards Smeg Australia.

KayisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Thanks to the unexpected

I bought a Smeg kettle from Myer Melbourne about 11 months ago. The lid was not easily opening.
I contacted Smeg and to my surprise I just had the best customer service.. it was unexpected and unbelievable as this company really trusts customers. The company sent me a new kettle without even checking the old kettle!!!!. We are talking about $200!!! The new kettle was sent urgently also.
I would really recommend Smeg to anyone.
The staff was very professional on the phone.
Thanks Smeg

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer for A$200.00.

Lesley R.Smeg

Hi Kayis - Thank you for your review. We love it when we are given an opportunity to make things right and customers acknowledge that - It makes our day. Kind Regards, Smeg Australia.

Kayis

Thanks for the follow up.
This review has been genuinely earned by Smeg

Satisfied the Quality, Excellent Customer Services

Love my first Smeg product, satisfied with the quality, just as expected! Nice good looking kettle can really makes you happy start a day for your first cup! Q&A fast response and thanks Smeg for all the smooth process got my replacement kettle on time. Customer service is excellent!

Purchased in October 2019.

Tammy Parnell

Tammy ParnellPerth, WA

love love love

Love it! $160 worth of gorgeousness! Had always bought Russell Hobbs in the past but the last one corroded in a short amount of time. Quiet, and lots oh so nice.

Purchased in August 2019 at Peters of Kensington for A$160.00.