a really great purchase
I was really sold on the classy style of the kettle and the classic black, I just knew it would be a great purchase. it functions very well and is well made which is especially handy for me considering I'm a bit clumsy at times and very prone to knocking over stuff.
Thanks to the unexpected
I bought a Smeg kettle from Myer Melbourne about 11 months ago. The lid was not easily opening.
I contacted Smeg and to my surprise I just had the best customer service.. it was unexpected and unbelievable as this company really trusts customers. The company sent me a new kettle without even checking the old kettle!!!!. We are talking about $200!!! The new kettle was sent urgently also.
I would really recommend Smeg to anyone.
The staff was very professional on the phone.
Satisfied the Quality, Excellent Customer Services
Love my first Smeg product, satisfied with the quality, just as expected! Nice good looking kettle can really makes you happy start a day for your first cup! Q&A fast response and thanks Smeg for all the smooth process got my replacement kettle on time. Customer service is excellent!
Purchased in October 2019.
The reviewer stated that an incentive was offered for this review
love love love
Love it! $160 worth of gorgeousness! Had always bought Russell Hobbs in the past but the last one corroded in a short amount of time. Quiet, and lots oh so nice.
Purchased in August 2019 at Peters of Kensington for $160.00.
Given the cost $199 it's a pricey. It does have quick boiling time and isn't too loud, and alongside the toaster it adds a touch of flair!
But it's still a kettle!
Stylish Retro and Gorgeous red that makes a statement in the kitchen. Boils quickly and holds a lot of water although is quite heavy even when empty. Its also not too loud when boiling which is important for me in large open plan space.
Purchased in February 2019.
Handsome and stylish
I chose this kettle for its classic, handsome and everlasting style. Eye catching, Quick to boil, easy to fill. Superior in quality. Nothing more attractively simple yet fit for kings.
Purchased in January 2018.
I have been wanting this for so long but it was pricey. I finally got it as a present and love it. The retro style adds a cool touch to my kitchen and the functionality is excellent
- KLF03CRAU (Cream)
- Verified purchase
I always wanted it
I finally moved into my new apartment and i just bought my new kettle! I always wanted it for my kitchen, it looks so classy, and i think no other brand beats it. I AM being extremely careful with the surface as i am afraid it may scratch. The button is soft and no sound but yesterday i noticed it popped open when i needed another new pot of water when the kettle is so hot, no sure if its designed that way, will keep an eye on it
Not the best actually
Nice style and good finish. Like the press down button to operate lid opening. No hot steam from round the handle when pouring it after boiling. Good size. Sometimes the water tastes a bit of plastic, but they may go with repeated use
Purchased in October 2018 for $150.00.
Little disappointed but still like it
Love the retro shape and matches well with the retro toaster also Smeg, find it a little heavier than our previous one also the silicone pads seem to dislodge easily,we are on our second one after 6 months losing pads and slow boil cut off reaction no problem exchanging atHarvey Norman.
Love it / looks good / perfect visually.
Great taste day one
Easy to fill.
It is heavy to lift though.
It can pour a little clumsily.
Looks great with the matching toaster.
The pastel colours are great, green and pink were my 2nd and 3rd choice.
Looks great, sturdy, beautiful to display on counter
Was in the market for a new kettle after having a Variable kettle. I wanted a kettle which not only looked lovely sitting on my kitchen bench but also matched my black kitchenaid. I came across this Smeg kettle which matched perfectly.
It is a later model so doesn't have the issue of peeling letters (which I had read about when doing my research). The letters on the kettle are made of metal on this model.
When you turn the kettle on, it has a little blue light behind the lever telling you its on and is boiling. Boils quite fast and not ...too loudly. Its simple to use. Its a slightly heavier kettle than my last one but its mainly because of the solid build. Feels sturdy in the hand and its just beautiful. The only thing about having a black kettle is that you need to 'dust' it occasionally as you can see dust easier than having a silver/whilte one for example.
Time will tell
I have just purchased this kettle and it appears all great. I saw with similar products (different colours) there were some complaints of fading and other small issues over time but it seems that also the after purchase customer service is excellent; at least from the comments. I will look forward to seeing how it holds up over time which is often what you really want to know when getting more expensive appliances and will report back (if memory holds).
Klf03pBAU great kettle
I bought the kettle and matching two slice toaster, I was looking at Morphy Richards scandi, but they were too big. I’m happy with this kettle though. It looks great, heats water quickly, doesn’t get hot on the outside. Not a problem for me, but it is a heavy kettle even without water. The level indicator get condensation on it after boiling but I can’t see how that would be avoided with ANY kettle. But it works well, doesn’t leak, waters doesn’t taste funny.
Questions & Answers
I have just bought a retro-style SMEG electric kettle. Is it normal for the water level indicator to be full of condensation making the whole indicator panel full of bubbles and hard to see water level clearly?
Hi Smeg, I just bought my KLF03 kettle and I had noticed that every time when I open the lid, the drips or sometime dribbles, water leak out the left side of the outside kettle. Is that right?
Dear Mavis C - thank you for your review. In order for us to assist you, can you kindly email us direct with your full name, address and contact telephone number along with a picture of the kettle and the base showing the serial number on it. Please email us at email@example.com and please mark to the attention of Lesley. Regards, Smeg Australia.
- Smeg - KLF03PKAU - 50's Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle - Pink
- Smeg - KLF03BLAU - 50's Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle - Black
- Smeg - KLF03CRAU - 50's Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle - Cream
- Smeg - KLF03PBAU - 50's Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle - Pastel Blue
- Smeg - KLF03RDAU - 50's Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle - Red
- Smeg - KLF03WHAU - 50's Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle - White
- Smeg - KLF03PGAU - 50's Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle - Pastel Green
- Smeg - KLF03SSAU - 50's Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle - Stainless steel
- Smeg KLF03CRAU 50s Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle Cream
- Smeg KLF03PBAU 50s Retro Style Electric Aesthetic Kettle Pastel Blue
- Smeg KLF03SSAU 50s Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle Polished Stainless Steel
- Smeg KLF03BLAU 50s Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle Black
- Smeg KLF03RDAU 50s Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle Red
- 50s Retro Style Kettle - Chrome
- 50s Retro Style Kettle - Black
- 50s Retro Style Kettle - White
- 50s Retro Style Kettle - Pastel Blue
- 50s Retro Style Kettle - Pastel Green
- 50s Retro Style Kettle - Red
- Smeg KLF03WHAU 50s Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle White
- Smeg KLF03PGAU 50s Retro Style Aesthetic Electric Kettle Pastel Green
- Smeg KLF03RDAUTSF01RDAU Red Kettle and 2 Slice Toaster Pack
- Smeg KLF03CRAUTSF01CRAU Cream Kettle and 2 Slice Toaster Pack
- Smeg KLF03PBAUTSF01PBAU Pastel Blue Kettle and 2 Slice Toaster Pack
- Smeg KLF03SSAUTSF01SSAU Chrome Kettle and 2 Slice Toaster Pack
- Smeg KLF03PGAUTSF01PGAU Pastel Green Kettle and 2 Slice Toaster Pack
- Smeg KLF03WHAUTSF01WHAU White Kettle and 2 Slice Toaster Pack
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.