4Smeg STH Series

STH900X1
Not happy overall
Not happy overallTasmania
  STH900X

So disappointed in build quality

I purchased a full kitchen's worth of new appliances from Smeg. Lots of $$. The rangehood has just been installed now after sitting in its box in the garage for several months. I can't believe how cheap the unit looks. I'm so disappointed. Underneath, the screws are all exposed. They're not even nice screws! The facia panel that runs along the back of the unit only has a screw on either side and because the metal facia panel is so thin, it bows out in the middle. I have to live with it now as the new kitchen is in, but I won't be buying Smeg rangehood again. What a waste of nearly $1000. Interesting that there are no close up pictures online of the underside..now I know why.  Show details
Steve
SteveSydney, NSW

Terrible Brand and Machine

This is very poor functional machine, noisy, sliding out not smoothly. Bought this for only 3 months the filter legs snapped off, replaced this machine in a year time, will never recommended to anyone. Show details
Bob T
Bob T5 posts
  Verified STH600X

Doesn't do anything useful. Avoid

I have this rangehood as part of the kitchen outfit for a new apartment. It is beyond useless, it can't suction water vapors or oil vapors (ours is ducted). I've had my fire alarm triggered twice cooking bacon because the oil would accumulate in the kitchen and triggered the fire alarm. It's a shame as the whole kitchen was fitted with Smeg and this is the only one disappointing unit out of the whole lot.
Jay CMelbourne51 posts
  STH900X

Noisy and suction is poor

Thought to upgrade at the builder’s color apppointment and paid extra but this rangehood is very noisy and the suction is next to nil until on full speed where the noise increases too much. There is also this vibrating noise which is really annoying.

Won’t go with this brand again

Show details

RKOZ · STH600X (60 cm)

Where can we buy replacement Filters for this model? They appear to be super expensive

Sandy

Chances are you can get them from Europe - same filter but sold under a different brand. Do you have a part number and a price from Smeg Australia?

RKOZ

Thanks Sandy. I just know that it's a SMEG STH600X rangehood. But I can go to their website and find out the part numbers.

Stephan G.
Stephan G. · STH Series

Switch to turn fan on/off is working but seems loose with result that when filter pushed right in the fan starts up again. There is only a very fine point where I can get the fan to turn off. Is the switch part of the transformer or can I have switch replaced,?

Smeg   DM

HI Stephan G., Thanks for your enquiry. Please call our technical support team on 02 8667 4888 and they will be able to assist you.
Regards

Cam H
Cam H · STH Series

I have an STH600X which has just died after 3.5 years in a new apartment.
I had to call the fire brigade as we did not know where the smoke was coming from. It was the small black box, which I think is the motor for the fan that was melting....
Is there a problem with this model?? In a 12 apartment building, 3 of these rangehoods have now failed, one of them twice.
I'm told by the Smeg repairer that the part is $680 with an entire new unit being $640. Not happy!
Any advice would be appreciated.
Cam

Jay C

Its a crap model and dont depend on the guy who is answering here on SMEGs behalf. Does. It respond to emails. My advice chuck it in the bin and leave your review accordingly

Compare all Smeg STH Series listings
Smeg STH600X (60 cm)
  • Discontinued
Smeg STH600X (60 cm)1.0
CategoryRange HoodsRange HoodsRange HoodsRange Hoods
TypeRetractable / Slide-outRetractable / Slide-outRetractable / Slide-outRetractable / Slide-out
Air ExtractionDucted and RecirculatingDucted and RecirculatingDucted and RecirculatingDucted and Recirculating
Air Flow Rate440m³/hr440m³/hr440m³/hr440m³/hr
Maximum Noise Level67 db67 db67 db67 db
FeaturesLED LightsLED LightsHalogen LightsHalogen Lights
Dimensions 196 x 898 x 300 mm175 x 598 x 280 mm162 x 898 x 474 mm175 x 598 x 280 mm
Number of Fan Speeds3333
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Replaced bySmeg STH900X1 (90 cm)Smeg STH600X1 (60 cm)